cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,861 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so i know they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you're a priority"

-ivan rabb

"the schools that he has recruiting him are university of california-berkeley, ucla, usc, arizona, kansas, kentucky, georgetown and north carolina"

-lou richie, bishop o'dowd head coach

early indications are that cuonzo & the new staff have made favorable 1st impressions

the former bears staff were fractured in their approach to the recruitment of the #1 player in the 2015 class...coaches told me there was "no chance" to "we should try harder"...my biggest divergence in opinion with the that staff (that led cal bb to the most successful era during the last half a century) centered around ivan's recruitment...only travid decuire attended bod's state championship game at sleepy train arena in sacramento after the bears season had already ended

mac dre agrees that not making every effort known to mankind to relentlessly recruit ivan rabb would be stoopid, gotta "growl like a bear"

the grind includes the hc#

"the new cal coaches stopped by as well...i like them so far but i have not seen the way they coach yet or anything...i will watch them this year"

-ivan rabb

north carolina: ivan & his mom tami along with bod hc lou richie unofficially visited unc...rabb played in a pick up game & checked out the facilities...roy williams was unavailable during the visit (this trip was prior to the recent academic fraud allegations directed at williams)

duke: relatively brief unofficially visit with coach k who expressed an interest in recruiting rabb in the future

georgetown: visited with hc john thompson iii...ivan impressed with the urban (city) aspect of the campus vs the 2 north carolina schools & also the georgetown graduate school biz program

cal: "as soon as the new staff came in, they started contacted me regularly during the first week...they talk to me a lot and make sure that i know that i'm at the top of their list and that they really want me at cal...i have respect for all of their coaches and i'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next year"

ivan unofficially visited with the cal bb staff in berkeley today

the cal coaches are successfully building relationships & "painting pictures regarding ivan's legacy" via these unofficial visits (the bears also had another key prospect visit fri too)

"like @icecube said, "today was a good day""
-cuonzo martin

"what a great day in berkeley, ca! we are making moves. big ones. #gold standard"
-yanni hufnagel

cuonzo martin personally watched ivan & his oakland soliders teammates at the peach jam in georgia

ivan rabb is on the usa under 17 team that is competing at the fiba world championship in dubai...young ivee missed the 1st game with a swollen ankle

ivan's mom made an unannounced drop in visit with the cal basketball staff in berkeley while ivan was in dubai

together we attack#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including oakland)
petalumabear
Good to hear Shock. Good to hear. Keep those tidbits coming.
Shocky1
one of the keys to happiness in life (other than a yoga practice, a smooth putting stroke & a couple of crazy azz rescue dogs) is to avoid helicopter relationships

helicopters are people that hover over you 24/7 & that expect to be involved in your every movement, quests, dreams, passions, hobbies & other relationships

if you gotta ask for their permission to anything you wanna do (like a stamped passport), you're in a helicopter relationship

the best way to avoid helicopters is to surround yourself with people that have their own amazing interests

when i went on my honeymoon to hawaii with my current 1st wife kat, she went on a boat cruise one morning from maui to lanai...she started a conversation with an older couple & they asked her what she was doing in the islands...kat replied she was on her honeymoon...they asked her to point out her husband on the boat to which she replied, "oh, he's not here, he's walking 36 holes today at kapalua's plantation course with his caddie"

shocky & kat doing the hang at cape kidnappers in new zealand...yeah, she's no brain surgeon, she's an asu grad w/a masters degree in something economically useless

important note to cal basketball players: all of the above does not apply to your relationships with the cal coaching staff...if nicodemus tells you to work out at 6:00 am, you need to get your sorry broken down azz to the s&c facilities at 5:45 am

do anything you wanna do#
petalumabear
I need to work on my short game. Care to adopt a 57 year old? I would be happy to do the inter-island cruises w/Kat..!
Shocky1
petalumabear;842350469 said:

I need to work on my short game. Care to adopt a 57 year old? I would be happy to do the inter-island cruises w/Kat..!

sure, i don't see why not

petalumabear
No smoking on the P22.... LOL
Shocky1
dwight has integrated himself into the cal basketball family with warm acceptance by the coaches & his teammates after reporting in "good but not great" shape & will "definitely play a key role" this upcoming season

real talk: dwight looked more like a "chunky rsf pick up player" than a well conditioned 4 in the pac 12 after arriving from tennessee this summer

solution: dwight's gotta volunteer for more s&c work with nicodemus

no more shoneys#
Shocky1

former cal all american (and graduate) & phoenix suns all star ($30+m nba earnings) & current mayor of sacramento kevin johnson talks about the importance of a strong hs education:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/10/28/living/schools-mayors-education/index.html

political analysts speculate that kj's next office may be the governor of california which would then lead to a run for the white house...would be very cool to see a framed portrait of oski in the oval office...how many bb programs (princeton & bill bradley comes to mind) ever have produced a potential future candidate for the president of the united states?

key 2016 bears sacramento hs targets christian terrell & solomon young and folsom hs jordan ford along with 2015 target woodcreek hs noah blackwell will hopefully continue to focus on competing both on the basketball court & in the classroom

cal degree+hard work=opens doors in life to fulfill dreams

cal family#
education matters#
fashion matters (fuschia is the new black)#
50 yr decision#

mayor>governator>prez

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including sacramento)
Shocky1

seasons be changing, the summer of 2014 gonna be gone at midnite

[video=youtube;ebXbLfLACGM][/video]

don't be a dumb azz (don't be ******* with a bro's crooked skateboarder lid)#
powripp
NYCGOBEARS;842347962 said:

We need a new Monster Class thread.

Or fewer of them
Shocky1

"nothing's worst than soggy croutons on your salad"

-ivan rabb, critically acclaimed california food critic

yeah, tammi knows how to cook too, mom is a foodie

home cooking#

Shocky1
https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=951076191576371&set=vb.268794273137903&type=2&theater

beat syracuse#
Shocky1
no player blew up nationally more this summer than kerwin roach jr, a 6'3" 165 lbs top 35 2015 baller with the houston rockstarz

a team 1st player, roach played his jr season at north shore hs in houston at the 4...this summer kerwin was able to showcase his off the charts athleticism at the 1 thru 3 to college coaches & scouts

how athletic is roach?

dude won the gold medal in the triple jump as the texas track & field state championship with a spiderman leap of 50'2 & 1/4"

kerwin's official visits:

cal-october 3rd
kansas state-cancelled
wichita state-september 12th
texas-october 17th
oklahoma state-to be determined

spiderman intends to announce his collegiate decision at his high school on his birthday, october 24th & sign during the november signing period

kerwin is interested in engineering & is an excellent student, a national honor society roll member...he is a true cal fit in every way

so will spiderman with hops & brains decide his future is best served by leaving the humid southwest for the san francisco bay area & it's #1 ranked public university in the world for a bears family program?

cal family#
50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including texas)
Shocky1
dana altman to cameron oliver (with subtitles):

"hey cameron, glad you could make it up here on your official visit...good to see you" (wtf did you bring your dad along?...i was hoping you would come alone, maybe fire up a few blunts with our football team, chill a bit and maybe commit this weekend)

"great to see you too mr oliver" (why don't you get lost and let me spend some time with your boy alone...i could really use a white russian)

"there's no doubt you will start for us next season" (unless i can get another dumb azz 5th year senior to transfer to this crappy town...better call my agent after these guys leave, i gotta go somewhere warmer)

"cameron, there are a lot of benefits of playing for the ducks" (like those shoes, just don't be stoopid about it when you sell them like artis...man, i need a drink about now)

"i make it a point to support my players both on and off the court" (when wake forest's 6'10" 260 lbs tony woods beat the crap out of his live in girlfriend causing her spinal damage, i was the first head coach to tell him i had a spot on my roster)

"we are very selective regarding the type of players we recruit" (hey, i asked tony, are you gonna beatdown any more dumb bitches if they **** you off and he said no...there you go)

"while our 90+% admittance rate and junior college level academics haven't been understandably respected in the past, oregon is making great strides on a go forward basis" (oregon just passed the el paso school of bartending in the national college rankings)

"several of our former players have moved into management at their companies" (our last guy is now the night shift supervisor at a truck stop in medford & is gonna marry a lot lizard)

"cameron, to be honest with you, i'm not sure cal is the right fit for you" (i think you are too stoopid to graduate from berkeley)

"eugene is a special place" (if you are a goddamn eskimo, my balls are literally freezing...better call my agent, maybe florida state will open up...i could really use a jack & seven and a xanax)

"please feel free to call me directly if you have any other questions" (and leave your dumb azz dad out of this, this is between you and me...all of these academic and school crap questions are really starting to **** me off...you are a basketball player, knock if off...just one quick cocktail, that's all i ask, is that asking for too much?)

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

one time oregon state commit cameron oliver will not be enrolling in college in corvallis

cameron is a talented bb player from grant hs & by all accounts also a good person but he never put the necessary time into his academics...texting your bros all nite ain't gonna get your homework done

kidz, real talk, if you wanna play d1 basketball, you gotta make your grades & classwork as much of a priority as your work on the court

don't be a dumb azz#
smokeyrover
Shocky1;842351675 said:

kerwin's official visits:

cal-october 3rd
kansas state-august 30th
wichita state-september 12th
texas-october 17th
oklahoma state-october 24th

Roach cancelled his visit to Kansas St. after they took another guard. Wichita State landed a 4-star combo today. Not sure how that impacts their chances.

He has stated that fan support is a big criteria in his decision. Too bad he is visiting while the football team will be on the road at WSU.
Shocky1

"i am thrilled for roger to have the opportunity to represent the cal family on the pac 12's all star tour of china...it will be great to see him compete against some of the best basketball programs in china and face former bear max zhang...roger will have a great educational experience"
-cuonzo martin

"roger grew up in cameroon, speaks fluent french, is attending college in the united states and will be traveling to china...some serious **** is gonna be lost in translation"
-anonymous stoopid dumb azz cal fan
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=lost+in+translation+more+than+this+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=42E8AAE7EAFCFC803CF042E8AAE7EAFCFC803CF0

watch the video, roger is articulate, enthusiastic & intellectually curious about the opportunity to visit china's great wall & tiananmen square...and yeah, he's clearly put some time in with the nicodemus s&c program
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209608060&DB_OEM_ID=30100

check out roger's comments re: china...rmab could potentially be the 1st guy off the bench & a 15-20 minute "energy" guy for the bears this season
http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?ATCLID=209622727&DB_OEM_ID=30100

citizen of the world#
liverflukes
More brunette leggy models please. Thanks in advance.
Shocky1

no wonder trigger jr is smilin

grow up, shocky#
NVGolfingBear
Shocky1;842352196 said:

no wonder trigger jr is smilin

grow up, shocky#

Shocky, I've looked at that picture maybe 10 times and didn't notice anything until You brought it to our attention. Not sure what that is saying..., just saying...
Shocky1
the bears are gonna be fighting for their lives against syracuse in a hostile 99% pro orangemen environement...cal has narrowly lost to syracuse the last 2 seasons primarily because the bears were not mentally strong enough to compete at that level & also some guys were selfish & not emotionally available for their teammates...that **** will not be acceptable in 2014

the bears will be visiting nyc this nov 20-21st along with syracuse, texas & iowa for the 2k classic benefiting wounded warrior project at madison square garden

if you are under 30, this is your video

if you are over 70, this is your video

madison square garden is the biggest stage on earth

beat syracuse#
NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842352759 said:

the bears are gonna be fighting for lives against syracuse in a hostile 99% pro orangemen environement...cal has narrowly lost to syracuse the last 2 seasons primarily because the bears were not mentally strong enough to compete at that level & also some guys were selfish & not emotionally available for their teammates...that **** will not be acceptable in 2014

the bears will also be visiting nyc this nov 20-21st along with syracuse, texas & iowa for the 2k classic benefiting wounded warrior project at madison square garden

if you are under 30, this is your video

if you are over 70, this is your video

madison square garden is the biggest stage on earth

beat syracuse#

I will be there!!!
Shocky1
cuonzo martin is personally handling the recruitment of caleb swanigan, a top 15 2015 strongman from fort wayne, indiana...swanigan is known for his relentless rebounding motor & back to the basket power game along with a skillful soft touch from the perimeter with a nba future upside

caleb is 6'8" 275 lbs after losing 75 lbs from his days as a 6'4" 350 lbs middle schooler...at that time he left his family in utah to live with his current guardian roosevelt barnes, a former nfl player, who has mentored swanigan's healthier diet & dedicated cardio program

swanigan has been offered by virtually every major program in the country including kentucky & local favorite michigan state (which is hedging its bet in the cb sweepstakes via izzo's active recruitment of wisconsin elite 5 henry ellenson)...the only official visit planned at this time is to surprisingly enough, chicago state, which was the 1st school to offer him back in the day

dude is a smart guy, by working diligently in the classroom during summer school, swanigan has reclassified from the 2016 to the 2015 class...last season he had a 20 ppg & 12 rpg at homestead hs in fort wayne

caleb played on the usa team in dubai with bay area superstar ivan rabb & shot an unreal 69.6% for the victorious american team

the key factor in this recruitment will be for cuonzo to secure an official visit from caleb to berkeley...if that happens, anything is possible at that point

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the midwest)
Shocky1
hannif cheatham has made a verbal commitment to the marquette warriors

wojo has done a masterful sales job (15+ calls a day) persuading hannif that marquette is a dream school that will open doors in life

calfanz
Shocky1;842353207 said:

wojo has done a masterful sales job (15+ calls a day) persuading hannif that marquette is a dream school that will open doors in life

I'm ready for us to get our first verbal commitment!!!

I hope we don't get coal in the proverbial stocking
tim94501
Shocky1;842353207 said:

The deal was sealed since his official before he came to berkeley
bearmanpg
Ben Kone just got an offer from San Diego State
R.Hobbs
We took our shot ..... Can't imagine the earthquake helped .
atoms
Marquette Warriors? Unless they changed their mascot recently, they're the Golden Eagles.
Shocky1
atoms;842353461 said:

Marquette Warriors? Unless they changed their mascot recently, they're the Golden Eagles.

marquette's #1 outplacement career opportunity

parentswerebears
Mmm. Beer!
Shocky1
the candy azz soft bears gotta eat less sugar & empty carbs and focus more upon more organic, nitrate free healthy meals...if you eat more fruits & vegetables like bananas you'll like what happens next

http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=749497&SPID=126528&DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=209540186

those most impacted by this recommendation:

***if your cute filipina beauty pageant girlfriend can bench press more than you
***if travis decuire's nickname for you is "chunk"
***if nba scouts think you lack the strength to play the 2 in the league
***if you weighed almost 300 lbs in hs & couldn't jump over a krabby patty
***if you are a walk on seeking playing time in the pac 12
***if strangers look at you & your buff nba veteran bro & ask you if you are related
***if you have been compared unfavorably to the pillsbury dough boy
***if ballers in the big east pushed you around like a rag doll
***if skeptics think you are too slow, too jewish to guard elite pac 12 pgs
***if your weightlifting bro in england calls you "little man" even tho you are over 7'
***if you are recovering from 2 knee surgeries
***if your perimeter game 3 pt shooting mechanics fall apart when you are tired at the end of games
***if the lead singer of st lucia (who looks like you) has got more muscles/weight than a potential pac 12 leader in blocks & rebounds
***if your broken down sorry azz can do a headstand but not a handstand

beat syracuse#
CALiforniALUM
I would like to point out that this thread was started two years ago today (this is post 3795). Don't want an important anniversary to get lost in the discussion.
parentswerebears
Congrats, all!
Shocky1
there's nothing finer in life than celebrating a cal victory than heading across the bay into the enveloping fog for a san francisco evening dining experience including my favorite pasta dish, linguine con vongole & afterwards hiking up the hill to ghiradelli square for a bite (or three) of someone else's hot chocolate fudge sundae

my current 1st wife kat tricked me into marrying her...when we were dating, she told me she was part italian & i had dreams of grandeur of future tasty italian epicurean meals

turns out she couldn't even boil water...but i married her anyways (my dogs liked her & she's good at finding my balls in the rough plus unlike me she knows how to fix a tire)

fooled#
san franciscan nights#
bonsallbear
Shocky1;842354584 said:

there's nothing finer in life than celebrating a cal victory than heading across the bay into the enveloping fog for a san francisco evening dining experience including my favorite pasta dish, linguine con vongole & afterwards hiking up the hill to ghiradelli square for a bite (or three) of someone else's hot chocolate fudge sundae

my current 1st wife kat tricked me into marrying her...when we were dating, she told me she was part italian & i had dreams of grandeur of future tasty italian epicurean meals

turns out she couldn't even boil water...but i married her anyways (my dogs liked her & she's good at finding my balls in the rough plus unlike me she knows how to fix a tire)

fooled#
san franciscan nights#

And this is important why?
First Page Last Page
Page 108 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.