cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,276,499 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
bonsallbear;842354594 said:

And this is important why?

i dunno, ivan rabb likes food too?

life ain't linear#

south bender
Shocky1;842354605 said:

i dunno, ivan rabb likes food too?

life ain't linear#

Yes, all is not linear and with occasional basketball info and his enthusiastic Cal fandom, we also get on this thread a huge dose of amazing narcissism.

Go Bears!
Shocky1

hornet cheerleaders rockin' their yoga practices

OdontoBear66
south bender;842354707 said:

Yes, all is not linear and with occasional basketball info and his enthusiastic Cal fandom, we also get on this thread a huge dose of amazing narcissism.

Go Bears!

So in "Shocky's World" to go back to BB for a minute, could you give your estimation (and I just would like "your" best guess, call it) of what happens in Cal BB recruiting in the next two to three years:

1) Who do you think we have a "lock on"?

2) Who are we in the top two to three schools on?

3) Who is an outside shot, a surprise so to speak, pleasant at that?

4) What do you see as our greatest disappointment?

I am trying to sort out all the recruits you have shown from time to time, and then equate how Cuonzo and staff are reportedly making a great reputation, to visualize where we might wind up.
That bearing in mind that I loved MM as a game day and practice coach, plus as a communicator, but not as a recruiter. There seems to be an exciting aura around Cal BB right now, and I am
just wondering how grounded that thought is. Yes, you are presenting many of our "possibilities", but what do you see as our reality? I am assuming we are pretty much there with IR, but maybe
in a 50/50 battle with a national powerhouse. How do you see it? And if it helps, I am not suggesting you divulge supposed privileged information (although I would love that too), but to give your
current opinion based on everything you know. Thanks.
MontyBear

Go Bears!

Look in the mirror, South Bender. You clicked on page 254 of this thread. Terrible food and such small portions. Keep it rollin' on, Shocky! #gobears
Shocky1

Go Bears!

sb, as a non cal grad, it doesn't seem like you will ever fully understand that the cal experience includes the pursuit of one's truly unique individualism, the authentic expression of one's true self, no matter how tragically flawed you think that might make me...destiny is calling, look at mr brightside

i dunno, maybe you could smile a bit more, roar a little louder & maybe develop a yoga practice to help extinguish your unresolved angst (my prognosis is that you're kinda uptight & emotionally unavailable) or something

HoopDreams
Former Cal Guard and Pac 12 MVP Jorge Gutierrez, and current Brooklyn Nets point guard, representing his country against the NBA elite

petalumabear
HoopDreams;842355188 said:

Former Cal Guard and Pac 12 MVP Jorge Gutierrez, and current Brooklyn Nets point guard, representing his country against the NBA elite

By Jorge, is that James Harden actually playing defense? come on Jorge, school him!! Go Bears!!
ayetee11
Shocky1;842353475 said:

marquette's #1 outplacement career opportunity

These post sound bitter. One of our coaches went to Marquette.
SFCityBear
petalumabear;842355207 said:

By Jorge, is that James Harden actually playing defense? come on Jorge, school him!! Go Bears!!

I don't think so. Playing defense with your hands down is usually not very successful.
petalumabear
SFCityBear;842355265 said:

I don't think so. Playing defense with your hands down is usually not very successful.

twas a joke sfcity.... harden gets hammered al the time for not putting the effort into that part of his game.....
Shocky1
noah blackwell, a 6'1" 180 lbs 2015 pg from woodcreek hs received a conditional offer from cuonzo martin & the cal staff after a strong performance at the 2014 nor cal clash...blackwell scored 17 pts on 8-16 fgs with 5 boards, 3 assists & only 1 turnover

dude has got a little justin cobbs in him, he's a crafty scorer that can also unselfishly distribute & facilitate his teammates with strong court vision & above average quickness

woodcreek hs hc paul hayes describes his leader as polite, coachable, grounded from a strong family & always attends classes...these personal characteristics are key elements to the bears recruiting profile

"its not about the biggest school you go too its about how you fit into the system and how they treat you"
-noah blackwell

jon harris is running out front on blackwell's recruitment & with favorable test scores noah will be visiting berkeley for an official visit in the near future

cal family#
bay area's finest#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including roseville)
Shocky1
the bears are fiercely practicing in the wee hours of the morning...whereas mike's practices involved more discussions of strategies, etc., cuonzo's practices are uber high tempo cardio workouts that are signficantly more physically demanding for the bears

this year's practices end with the guards & wings competing in a drill designed to simulate a close game environment...guys are working with tired legs as the scoreboard is set to 60 seconds...then with the student managers rebounding & then getting the ball to yanni at the free throw line for his distrubution to the guards & wings...the clock starts ticking down from 60 seconds & with huf screaming encouragement & passing out the 2 basketballs in play the bears have 3 guys behind the 3 point line who must make 15 shots before time runs out

what happens if they don't make 15 shots during the 60 seconds?

then the whole drill is repeated again...and again...until infinity & beyond and the task is completed

so who is en fuego?

jabari & jordan are lighting it up as expected but stephen domingo is absolutely draining the rock ala alan crabbe

stephen domingo reclassified (graduated from st ignatius a year earlier than his class) & then headed as a top 30 recruit to the east coast to georgetown...he was neither mentally or physically ready at that time & he got lost in the snow & the shuffle...now he's back in the bay with his family & friends and the dude has got his confidence back...domingo is gonna be a big part of the bears attack in 2015

60 seconds#
the final countdown#
bonsallbear
Shocky,

Now this is what I call an interesting bit of information. Thank you.
south bender
bonsallbear;842355618 said:

Shocky,

+1

It is for such basketball posts that I read and love Shocky.
SFCityBear
petalumabear;842355306 said:

twas a joke sfcity.... harden gets hammered al the time for not putting the effort into that part of his game.....

Thanks for the explanation. I guess if I watched the modern NBA, I might understand these jokes.
bearmanpg
I believe Domingo was only 16 years old when he left for Georgetown. Can you imagine trying to play Big East basketball in a 16 year old body?? He is definitely in a better place now.
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842355692 said:

I believe Domingo was only 16 years old when he left for Georgetown. Can you imagine trying to play Big East basketball in a 16 year old body?? He is definitely in a better place now.

i ordered a pizza with pineapple & ham all by myself when i was 16 years old
Shocky1
south bender;842355676 said:

+1

It is for such basketball posts that I read and love Shocky.

i dunno, kinda seems like you took my advice & are now more emotionally available

too bad you are a dude
Shocky1
bonsallbear;842355618 said:

Shocky,

hey buddy, i dunno what u r talking about

life is not just about the intellectual accumulation & aggregation of information, it's all about living freely & fully and doing **** with those that are special to you

don't be afraid#

OdontoBear66
Shocky…..You got the inside track. Did you not like my probably poorly worded question? Who do you think we get for 2015, who for 2016? I have no desire to come back and say you wuz wrong, just would like to know how you think this whole thing is playing out….the Tooth Jockey
Bear60
I 2nd Shocky with his report on Domingo. He really looked good when I attended a workout. Wish he could play this year, but should be a real stud in 15 & 16.
Shocky1
check out kevin mccarthy's nor cal blog for his thoughts re: a few cal targets
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com

there's also a listing of city college of san francisco's current basketball roster coached by the winningest (87.6% victory record) college basketball coach in the history of the game, former bears player justin labagh
Vineyardview
Recruiting Open Period starts 9/8

[SIZE=5][/SIZE]California will start out this morning with Ivan Rabb, and then will visit with Tyler Dorsey tonight.
Shocky1

moreau catholic's damari milstead has been named to max prep's 5 player 3rd team freshmen all american team

cal (travis decuire) was the 1st bigtime program to offer damari

damari & his dad jules unofficially visited cal & sat down with cuonzo, tracy, jon, yanni & nicodeumus

"they're very down to earth...they talked a lot and they were very warm...all five of them were in the room and we talked about what they like in me, we talked about what i'm looking for in college and we talked about how they want me to come to cal"
-damari milstead (to ryan gorcey)

"elite 2017 prospect from the bay called. "we all love coach martin. we're all talking about cal now."...#goosebumps, man"
-yanni hufnagel

"my dude @oscar frayer just verbally committed to cal!"
-damari milstead

damari finished his freshman year at moreau catholic with a gpa of 3.3 which is just as important as his 15.5 ppg, 3.4 apg & 3.3 theft per game with an academic upside to achieve even higher gpas in the future

jules milstead (an assistant coach for mc & a director for the oakland soldiers) has told his son his cautionary autobiographical story about how not qualifying academically caused him to forego a full ride scholly to washington back in the day...jules attended diablo valley jc before finishing his college career at western state in colorado

if damari & the milstead family decide that staying home at cal is the best college decision, then problem solved re: the sadness of the so very hard to go deal

frank knight's mariners#
salute#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)
Vineyardview
Caleb Swanigan tweets, "Any way Missouri [U]California[/U] and Iowa in tomorrow for in home visits"

Cuonzo bring Caleb to California!
parentswerebears
Vineyardview;842356589 said:

Caleb Swanigan tweets, "Any way Missouri [U]California[/U] and Iowa in tomorrow for in home visits"

Cuonzo bring Caleb to California!

I agree! But just as long as it doesn't keep Rabb from us!
Shocky1
parentswerebears;842356596 said:

I agree! But just as long as it doesn't keep Rabb from us!

caleb & ivan are well acquainted after playing together on the usa team's gold medal u17 fiba world championship team

as the lead recruiter for both prospects, cuonzo is outlining today (california) & tomorrow (in indiana, martin will then travel south from ft wayne to indianapolis to check out an open gym with kyle guy, a top 50 2016 point guard) how the 2 top 15 2015 prospects would work on the court together from a bears schematic strategy point of view

cal family#
transparency#
twin towers#

parentswerebears
Dare to dream...
Shocky1

make sure you listen to the very end of this video to hears da bears growling
Shocky1
10th of september, 2014
ft wayne to indianapolis, indiana-caleb swanigan to kyle guy

cal basketball never sleeps#
Shocky1
cuonzo will be checking out today at an open gym kyle guy, a 6'2" (expected to grow another inch or two) 165 lbs top 60 2016 sharpshooter from lawrence central hs in indianapolis & a summertime aau baller for the indiana elite

kyle is a strong student with a 3.3 gpa with ap & honors classes...he is very much a cal fit both academically & athletically

guy was previously recruited by cuonzo at tennessee & huf at vanderbilt so there is already a foundation for a future close relationship

the biggest question with kyle is that with an offer also from indiana, does the guy who grew up a hoosier fan want to leave the midwest & attend the #1 ranked public university in the world in the beautiful san francisco bay area & play with unselfish teammates for a close cal family?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the heart of indiana)
oskigobears
Anyone able to see practices this fall? open? closed?
How does Cole Welle look?
Shocky1
what player in the pac 12 has the disruptive length & skillset to most resemble the playing style of nba rookie of the year michael carter-willliams of philly?

what california golden bear most resembles samuel l jackson in unbreakable?

who will cuonzo martin & staff rely upon for upperclassmen leadership next season?

tyrone "let's rumble" wallace significantly improved his perimeter shooting from his freshman season & was the bear's best defender at times

but his game last season was erratic with the low pt at the asu game in tempe when mike montgomery lit up t-wall during a timeout after he inexplicably failed to dive for a loose ball near the bears bench...when play resumed, mike turned sideways to td and said "they're not listening" & shook his head

tyrone needs to bring it every moment he is on the court & also continue improving his outside jumper & shot selection...he is virtually unstoppable when he attacks the rim, if he wants to get paid $ playing bb down the road, that's gonna be his $ move

the dude always has a smile on his face, t-wall just gotta love it not hate it
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=fifty+cent+love+it+hate+it+video&FORM=VIRE2#view=detail&mid=2CA55FB70EA62AC4DA632CA55FB70EA62AC4DA63

"to the best mom i could ask for...broke her back for a long time to make sure her kids were taken care of...did it on your own, always made sacrifices for me and my siblings and i love and appreciate you for that!...the strongest woman i know...literally my bestfriend, i call you when i'm sad or make dumb mistakes so you can make me feel better...we're argued, cried and laughed together but no matter what, you are always going to be my heart!...a true bestfriend bond that can never be broken!...you've always believed in me and been my #1 fan!...i just hope that one day that i can take care of you because you deserve it!...my inspiration, my hero!...i love you baby"

-tyrone wallace

tyrone wallace=man of steel

from an offensive strategy standpoint, t-wall starting at the 4 will create exploitable mismatches against slower, bigger power forwards that will allow him to relentlessly attack the basket which is the strength of his game...wallace's outside 3 pt shooting will also be more in rhythm (when his mechanics are rushed he tends to be inaccurate) against defenders that are not as quick as 2s & 3's to close out on him & contest his shot

wallace's biggest challenges will be on d against taller true 4s with skills like arizona's brandon ashley

t-wall is critical to the success of the 2014 bears

*********************************************************************************************

detailed analysis of t-wall's game by the draftexpress...please note that the nba is a billion dollar business that does NOT utilize internet scouting evaluations
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/Tyrone-Wallace-58741/
Shocky1

"man, that shocky is one messed up in the head dude...i'm gonna ignore him from afar, that's probably what his yoga teacher does too"

"i really appreciate their honesty and straightforwardness...you don't see that very often...they're also building great relationships with the families and when you do that, great things happen...it's refreshing...i hear nothing but good things about their staff and my experiences with them have been great...when i asked coach martin what the biggest thing is about his staff, he said "love"...he had me right there because i'm the same way...i'm done...recruit my program...i care more about the person than the basketball player and that's the way they feel too...it's incredible"
-mark olivier, head coach of the oakland soliders (to jim mcgill)

"he (cuonzo) knows what he's doing...oscar really likes him...oscar's like "he's like me"...he came from the hood, he grew up and made it...he's thriving...oscar's like, "if he can help me do the same thing, i want to do it and do it here in the bay area in front of my friends and family...cuonzo's like "i want you to be at home"...he's going to go after the top kids in every class in the bay area every year...that's refreshing to hear...he's excited, his mom's excited, our school community is excited...our head counselor is a cal grad and it's a great opportunity to follow one of our kids when he goes to college"
-frank knight, head coach of the moreau catholic mariners (to ryan gorcey)

"it feels good to wake up a cal bear...celebrate tonight, grind tomorrow"
-oscar frayer

"@young ivee thanks bro!...you already know!"
-oscar frayer to ivan rabb

"my brother@oscar frayer congrats!!...on the cal commit"
-carlos johnson

"s/o to our newest member of the family@oscar frayer...look forward to playing with you#bg"
-sam singer

"follow the young boy@oscar frayer just committed to cal, congratulations and welcome to the family!#cal basketball"
-brandon chauca

"welcome to the fam my man@oscar frayer#bg"
-kameron rooks

"protect home!!#go bears"
-yanni hufnagel

"great workout this morning!...i can see the progress...let's continue to push forward#go bears"
-cuonzo martin

cal watched both oscar frayer & damari milstead at moreau catholic yesterday

cal family#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)
First Page Last Page
Page 109 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.