cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,308 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
tim94501
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Does anybody know if roach plans on signing early?
Shocky1
cal has announced that the exhibition game vs cal state east bay on october 31st is gonna be totally free

that means you won't have to wait around in the hallways of haas for a sidedoor to open so you can sneak in for free

i dunno, seems like if you dress like this for halloween, you're probably gonna get in for free anyways

you gotta bring everybody you know for this 1st look at the 2014 california golden bears...we should definitely storm the floor after the game too

the gold standard#
Shocky1
tim94501;842357304 said:

Does anybody know if roach plans on signing early?

yes, houston's spiderman is expected to sign during the november signing period

Shocky1
on tuesday cal was at sierra canyon hs (chatsworth) watching their elite trio...all have offers from the bears staff

2016 pg devearl ramsey

2017 pf ira lee

2017 pf cody riley

go trailblazers#
Shocky1
oskigobears;842356834 said:

Anyone able to see practices this fall? open? closed?
How does Cole Welle look?

cole welle is emerging as a very hard working, intelligent (dude had a 4.378 hs gpa) & team first bears teammate

but at 6'7" 204 lbs our surfer dude from aptos has gotta lot of work to do with the s&c program in order to move zeus & bashley off the blocks in tuscon or body up/block out josh scott in boulder...those guys ain't built like a beach baby

Shocky1
today i made a donation for a customized tile with my name & message to be carved into stone at memorial stadium's legacy wall...at the request of the development office, i made a post on the football board to publicize this opportunity for a lifetime memory & to give back to the greatest university on planet earth
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?86135-memorial-stadium-s-legacy-wall

but what should be my message?

what was my cal experience all about?...this question should be seriously contemplated

was it about the mind expanding & philosophical conversations about life (a precursor to my current yoga practice) with other students from around the world, was it the killer hours competing at the #1 usa ranked haas business school, was it the amazing concerts & football/basketball road trips, was it the true acceptance of all the magical/delusional people in berkeley including myself or was it the intellectual stimulation of an education at the #1 ranked public university in the world?

nah, it wasn't any of that ****...my favorite memories of cal are having late night crazy azz sex (always had roommates, no privacy) in classrooms, libraries, on the side of the campanille, a water fountain & even the announcer's table at haas pavilion (roxy is probably wondering about that dent by the microphone outlet)

so my cal experience will be summarized with the following inscription on my legacy tile:

"don't be a dumb azz"

bonsallbear
just imagine..................... 2 seconds later, she would be picking up that yellow ball.
petalumabear
bonsallbear;842357918 said:

just imagine..................... 2 seconds later, she would be picking up that yellow ball.

I know shocky has that photo. When Cuonzo & Yanni's first class is announced - he's posting it!!
Vineyardview
Don't sleep on Brandon Sampson - Check out this recent "Summer Mixtape" prepared by Courtside Films.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/418967--summer-mixtape-brandon-Sampson

What an awesome, recruiting class it could be. I hope Brandon decides Cal offers him the best combination of opportunities.
mikecohen
Vineyardview;842357954 said:

Don't sleep on Brandon Sampson - Check out this recent "Summer Mixtape" prepared by Courtside Films.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/418967--summer-mixtape-brandon-Sampson

What an awesome, recruiting class it could be. I hope Brandon decides Cal offers him the best combination of opportunities.

Almost no drives
Shocky1
"it's been a good transition...the new coaches have been working hard making sure everything's going smooth with all of us...our workouts are good, they really push us hard...coach martin actually recruited me when he was at missouri state so i was kind of familiar with him before he came...coach martin's a really good guy...he's really focused and really passionate about the team and the game...the foundation that monty laid for the program, i think coach martin is the kind of energetic boost we need to get to the next level...i think during the course of his tenure here, cal's going to vastly improve because he's just passionate about making us better and he brings a new look or new edge to things that needed"

-david kravish (to jim mcgill)

david, this is your team, elevate (anybody else notice that dk looks like the lead singer of st lucia?)
http://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=st+lucia+elevate+video&qpvt=st+lucia+elevate+video&FORM=VDRE#view=detail&mid=61FCB82D0D87683DFC9D61FCB82D0D87683DFC9D

congrats to cal's sr captain on getting engaged this summer & also working on gaining weight in the bears "really intense strength & conditioning program"

**************************************************************************************************
detailed analysis of dk's game on the draftexpress...as mentioned before, the nba is a billion dollar biz that does not utilitze itnernet scouting evaluations
http://www.draftexpress.com/profile/David-Kravish-40950/

happy birthday to dk

cal family#
HoopDreams
It ain't just Cal basketball and football that strives for excellence, and has World Class athletes

It many Cal sports that compete at the highest level

Just one example, the Cal volleyball team who have ran deep runs in the NCAA tournament, and continue to recruit top student athletes...

Sarah Cole, Majoring in Integrative Biology

Shocky1
tonya & carl bird and their daughter are looking forward to another bears basketball season this november...it is a dream come true, a fantasy to share in & celebrate your son's collegiate experience at haas pavilion in berkeley

will tami rabb also have the once in a lifetime opportunity to sit with the bird family & other cal bearents at haas & then hug/eat dinner with her sons ivan & tamarik after every home game?

cal family#
home cooking#
ol' yeller caf & market#
Shocky1
bonsallbear;842357918 said:

no beach time in tuscon#
south bender
As if there is beach time in Berkeley !
bonsallbear
Shocky1;842358429 said:

no beach time in tuscon#

Definitely worth the wait. As they would say on the golf course............. you're the man!!
Shocky1
south bender;842358445 said:

As if there is beach time in Berkeley !

stinson beach is a short drive from where i grew up (of course, you apparently don't really think i ever really grew up but that's ok) & only an hour from berkeley

btw, tuscon is a dump & a million miles away from the ocean...but there are a lot of low paying service jobs like the jimmy johns on speedway for recent arizona grads

dirtbags#
Vineyardview
Here is what you get if Caleb Swanigan selects Cal.

http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/419476-caleb-swanigan-workout-tape
Shocky1
are we delusional dreamers or is it just a trick of the lights, an illusion?

my dad (both of my parents are cal grads) thinks sherlock holmes is a real person & refers to him as tho he's a family friend...my middle name is sherlock

my daughter taylor thinks she's blair waldorf & wishes she could be audrey hepburn

and i'm kinda of missing a screw or two too

self anointed realists will tell you that if david kravish gets injured this season that the bears could lose 20+ games

in my world if ivan & caleb along with an elite guard/wing sign with the bears & if both jabari & t-wall return along with the emergence of domingo, jordan and sammy & the rest of the bears, then the california golden bears could compete for a national championship in 2015 (and 2016 when oscar brings his boyz to berkeley)

well intentioned grounded people will tell you it's important to kiss goodbye the illusions & crazytown parts of your life but i disagree

see you at haas, baby. let's do this

cal family#
cocoa butter kisses#
HoopDreams
It ain't just Cal basketball and football that strives for excellence, and has World Class athletes

It many Cal sports that compete at the highest level

Just one example, the Cal's Top 25 women's soccer team who have ran deep runs in the NCAA tournament, and continue to recruit top student athletes...

CalBears.com: What made you choose Cal?

Isabel Damiani: The culture and location but also definitely the athletic as well as academic reputation

stu

You might be able to get some coaching from Penina Davidson on our womens' team.
Shocky1
stu;842358812 said:

You might be able to get some coaching from Penina Davidson on our womens' team.

this picture was taken before dinner during happy hour at kauri cliffs on new zealand's north island with the local maori tribe

i saw penina davidson (who is from auckland) last weekend at memorial on the field near the tunnel with her teammates and 4 key recruits & she looks like a way taller version of my sister (who has competed at maui's iron woman)

how bizarre
stu
Shocky1;842358838 said:

this picture was taken before dinner during happy hour at kauri cliffs on new zealand's north island with the local maori tribe

OK, understood. Happy hour explains a lot.
Vineyardview
Friday night's Tyler Dorsey stats: "2015 Tyler Dorsey finished with 35 pts, 14 rebs and 6 asts in a 80-61 win over Long Beach Jordan earlier Friday night."

and those are the types of stats that Cuonzo feels he can bring to Cal.
parentswerebears
That sounds very nice. Wish we weren't a long shot.
Vineyardview
Drew Messmer @InsideBBRecruit "2015 East Chicago Central (IN) PG Hyron Edwards (@iBall_Edwards) tells me he will take officials to Tennessee and Cal for sure."

Vineyardview
Chance Comanche ‏@comanche2414 "I've decided that I'm going to the University of Arizona"

"With the addition of Chance Comanche, Arizona has jumped Louisville and now has the No. 1 recruiting class in 2015."

"Arizona continues to stockpile talent into the top class in 2015. Chance Comanche joins Allonzo Trier, Ray Smith & Justin Simon."

It's no surprise that Cal's got some heavy lifting in front of them to narrow the recruiting gap or just keep pace.
Vineyardview
It would seem Cuonzo needs to act - preferably soon if not immediately.

Adam Zagoria ‏reports that, "...Even with Chance Comanche, Arizona isn't done for 2015 and could add 2 more players."

It's obvious Arizona has now focused on Ivan Rabb.
HoopDreams
AZ's number 1 target is Zimmerman, but yeah, they are going after Rabb hard too

Vineyardview;842359134 said:

Adam Zagoria ‏reports that, "...Even with Chance Comanche, Arizona isn't done for 2015 and could add 2 more players."

Shocky1
Vineyardview;842359123 said:

Chance Comanche ‏@comanche2414 "I've decided that I'm going to the University of Arizona"

"With the addition of Chance Comanche, Arizona has jumped Louisville and now has the No. 1 recruiting class in 2015."

"Arizona continues to stockpile talent into the top class in 2015. Chance Comanche joins Allonzo Trier, Ray Smith & Justin Simon."

It's no surprise that Cal's got some heavy lifting in front of them to narrow the recruiting gap or just keep pace.

although mike & the prior staff recruited chase (he visited unofficially with his mom for the arizona upset victory at haas), cuonzo & team did not recruit comanche
Vineyardview
Next Week will be an important week for Cal

Home visits for 2015 Oakland Soldiers F @YoungIvee
Today: Kentucky
Tuesday: Kansas
Wed. Cal
mikecohen
Vineyardview;842359116 said:

Drew Messmer @InsideBBRecruit "2015 East Chicago Central (IN) PG Hyron Edwards (@iBall_Edwards) tells me he will take officials to Tennessee and Cal for sure."

Interesting contrast with another guy recently. That guy's mixtape had almost no drives, almost all 3-pointers; and this guy's mixtape has virtually all drives and no 3-pointers
teknofreek
Like the fact that Cal is in with an upgraded prospects list. Now Martin and staff just have to close strong for 2015.
atoms
Vineyardview;842359134 said:

Wait, how are they going to add 2 more players, exactly? With 4 commits in the 2015 class, they're already 2 over their scholarship limit, right? Does that mean they're expecting FOUR underclassmen to go to the NBA after this season or something? Or are they going to force some kids to transfer?
Vineyardview
mikecohen;842359203 said:

Interesting contrast with another guy recently. That guy's mixtape had almost no drives, almost all 3-pointers; and this guy's mixtape has virtually all drives and no 3-pointers

PG Hyron Edwards was the 2014 Lead Guard for the very successful Indiana Elite AAU team. 2016 Cal Offeree Kyle Guy is the SG for the Indiana Elite. The Cal coaching staff is not abandoning their Midwest roots.
First Page Last Page
Page 110 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.