cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,271,392 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

the #1 guy (as recommended to coach webster) on my 2015 preferred walk on recruiting board 6'1" 175 lbs jeff wu playing for richard midgley's modesto christian's crusaders with a 3.5 gpa has made a commitment to sacramento state
[URLhttp://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2014/10/wu-to-hornets.html[/URL]

scary azz mascot#
Shocky1
"believe me when i tell you that i'm totally tired of that shocky calling me a criminal, don't think i'm not gonna run across the court when we play in berkeley and kick his ******* azz"

Shocky1
when a basketball recruit commits to oregon they get a sparkling brand new practice court but the trade off is that the head coach is a criminal...bigger problem is that the oregon academic community (i.e. professors) are circulating my "dana altman is a criminal" post & there is growing pressure to academically restrict the basketball program's ability to continue bringing in non qualified student athletes with shady pasts with the ultimate likely outcome moving towards dana altman being terminated as the head coach of the university of oregon basketball team

what up, tyler?
Shocky1
the california golden bears are actively targeting 2015 top 25 6'4" 180s lbs scoring machine tyler dorsey

dorsey made a decommitment to arizona after he was cut from the usa basketball under 18 basketball team by assistant coach sean miller...the wildcats staff envisioned tyler playing strictly the 2 despite his interest & ability to be multiple

last season at st john bosco (he knows the charismatic bryce treggs) tyler averaged 21.4 ppg, 6 rpg & 4.7 apg with a solid 3.3 gpa

a native of pasadena, dorsey will transfer back home to marantha for his sr season

tyler has offers (with a list that continues to grow) from national powerhouses but in terms of staying on the west coast (and playing against arizona in the pac 12, do you wanna clownpunk sean miller 2-3 times a year?) & playing for a hc who develops combo guard talent at the #1 ranked public university in the world, the bears will be a serious player particularly if ivan decides to join him in berkeley...cal's 2015 recruiting class is already off to an excellent start with former top 30 player stephen domingo already shining in practices during his blueshirt season, who's gonna be the 2nd top 40 commitment for the 2015 class?

cuonzo & co had dorsey's first in home visit with coaches on september 9th

tyler's mentors thru the recruiting process are his dad jerrid & dinos trignos, a longtime respected aau coach for belmont shore...his official visits schedule is as follows:
oregon-september 5th
colorado-september 19th
kansas-october 10th
arizona state-october 17th
cal-october 24th

the above list is noteable for the truly mediocre schools from an academic standpoint that will not realistically open any doors in life outside of basketball other than cal, the #1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world & also the costly/time consuming plane flights from lax to those schools other than asu & cal...let's face it, a kansas degree isn't worth much in so cal, sure it might get you a part time:axe security job at paseo colorado but guess what?...that isn't bill self's problem

together we attack#

update (as reported by jim mcgrill): "i had a great visit...i had a great time and really enjoyed myself...we took a tour of campus and sat down with an academic counselor and had lots of meetings...i had a chance to watch practice and hang out with the guys...everyone's a good dude and i really connected with them...yanni was one of the first coaches to contact me in my recruitment and our relationship has just grown from there...he's a great guy and coach martin's great too...i really like his coaching style and tough nosed style of play and the coaches have great relationships with their players"
-tyler dorsey
Shocky1

these refs ain't gonna take a lot of crap from the bears

together we attack (and don't complain about every little call that doesn't go our way like last season's silly azz whiny bears)#
no more drama queens#
2014/2015 california golden bears=mentally unbreakable#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;mOPjtufgqBM][/video]

i dunno, can't really tell if that's bob marley or coach martin (with quite a wig)
HoopDreams
Congratulations to the 2014 World Champion SF Giants

[IMG][/IMG]
HoopDreams
Summer Mixtape:

[SIZE=4]http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/410771-tyler-dorsey-can-t-be-stopped-summer-mixtape[/SIZE]

Shocky1
cal has announced that tomorrow nite's 7:00 pm exhibition game vs cal state east bay on october 31st is gonna be totally free

that means you won't have to wait around in the hallways of haas for a sidedoor to open so you can sneak in for free

i dunno, seems like if you dress like this for halloween, you're probably gonna get in for free anyways

you gotta bring everybody you know for this 1st look at the 2014 california golden bears...everybody should definitely storm the floor after the game too

the gold standard#
Shocky1
alan crabbe, former cal pac 12 mvp, has made the portland trailblazers 2014/2015 roster

2014 salary: $862,000
2015 salary: $947,276
2016 salary: $1,136,731

future salaries not guaranteed

who knew that nicodemus could play the trumpet?
Shocky1
don't even think about lifting jabari's cal blue & gold warm up jacket from the bears bench unless you wanna be detained, felt up, strip searched, tongue kissed, handcuffed with chicago model 1000 nickel plated cuffs & showered against the wall with a flexible ease...on the other hand, it kinda sounds like just a date nite with the shockster

to serve and protect#
HoopDreams
Cal exhibition gave vs Cal State East Bay

Shocky1
who let the bears out?

together we attack#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842387284 said:

went to nooner yoga & congratulated my very cute brunette yoga teacher in the parking lot re: her pregnancy to some random dude (ok, maybe he's her husband, whatever)

so then i innocently asked her "so is the kid mine or what?"

ruh roh

what, isn't that what most guys say to pregnant women when they congratulate them?

i dunno, maybe me & oski gotta go to charm/etiquette/finishing school or maybe a trap house together or something

shut up, shocky#

so today i ask my allegedly pregnant flat bellied yoga muse (my yoga practice is helping me become a calmer & kinder person, probably gonna be a slow & arduous process trying to quiet the relentlessly singing monkey voices inside my head) if for halloween if she's gonna dress up as an aspiring beer drinker

ruh roh

then a little bit later i ask her if some lame azz john mellow poopercamp song about settling for mediocrity/not pursuing your dreams & setting low expectations in life isn't kinda depressing?

word, do not question the musical selections of the princess
Shocky1
are the visiting cal state east bay bridge pioneers gonna be the trick or the treat?

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842291934 said:

like virtually all organized athletic teams, there are chemistry & leadership challenges with this year's california golden bears

while our players, coaches & staff are all hard working high character individuals with a desire to excel, they are also very reserved (like moffitt library quiet) & stoic during games...other than matt "the human eraserboard" scherbenske who is the 1st guy to energize guys coming off the floor, our players, coaches & staff seem constipated, frustrated & not having much fun (sort of like a lot of the uptight fans on message boards)...the cal bench should not be as quiet as the cal chess club, it should be as ******* loud as a bunch of on the loose bank robbers driving in a stolen van to lake havasu city for a desperado spring break

smile a little bit, get a piece here & there...i have never met anyone who had lots of sex, an active yoga practice & a good short game that wasn't totally happy in life

the 2013/2014 california golden bears need to remember that bb is a game, a celebration played with friends, this ain't life & death...relax a little bit, channel your inner little kid, remember the good times & fun you had when you were a little kid playing basketball without a care in the world

sure hope td help the california golden little kids pour their milk into their cereals so they don't make a mess at breakfast this morning & that gregg makes sure everyone's shoelaces are safety tied & that johnny makes sure nobody gets left behind in those cool mgm elevators

what time is the game?...can we get snow cones after the game?...how come k(rooks) always gets to change the channel to sponge bob square pants?

tonite's game at haas marked a significant moment in a fundamental change to the cal basketball program & its future upward trajectory

really, you ask, an exhibition game vs the cal state east bay bridge pioneers?

the california golden bears bench roared tonite for their teammates, nobody's azz was glued to the bench with deathly silence like last season...there were games last year that literally the only sounds from anywhere near the cal bench particularly road games were the enthusiastic voices of myself & my partner in noise crime, annie montgomery

great teams stay together, they care about each other & they express that love in the loudest ******* way possible during games, howlin at the moon is an expression of that passion

if tyler dorsey, brandon sampson, caleb swanigan & ivan rabb wanna play in a tight program with great human beings as teammates & coaches, then the #1 ranked (#3 ranked overall) university in the world would be a pretty good collegiate choice for them
Shocky1
welcome 7'1" 260 lbs "sir" kingsley okoroh, coach martin's 1st commitment to the california golden bears

spoke with okoroh's hc jai steadman at westwind prep (i'm an acquaintance/not a drinking buddy of former suns tom chambers whose twins sons also attend westwind) in phx who emphasized several times that kingsley is an outstanding young man

okoroh has a 3.0+ gpa & his dad michael is a professor of facilities mgmt at the university of derby's school of engineering & technology...his dad has a family policy of mandatory good grades in order to play sports & is harder on his sons re: academics than athletics...kingsley bro is a bodybuilder back in england

westwind's academic tutor hannah has told steadman that kingsely is very polite & actively engaged in his schoolwork...apparently hannah doesn't say this about all of jai's players

okoroh season stats: 18 ppg, 12 rpg, 6 bpg & 4 apg

steadman thinks that okoroh like most young bigs has significant development potential on offense & has a nice soft touch...he shot 79% on fts & did not attempt any 3 pters, apparently kingsley does not think of himself as a stretch 4 like some former players & recruits

defensively steadman compared him to dikembe mutombo in terms of his ability to be a monster shot blocker & rebounder but still needs more strength to reach his potential

jai also told me he has known cuonzo for yrs & that he knows kingsley is in "very good hands" with coach martin

most rating services have not seen okoroh play but tom chambers thinks okoroh with hard work could have nba potential

kingsley, welcome to the #1 ranked public university in the world (including waterford, england)

kingsley's loi has been signed & received by the bears staff

okoroh should be academically good to go between his education in england (low achievement students are funneled into trade schools), findlay prep classes, westwind prep coursework & additional credits at grand canyon university (15 minutes from westwind prep)

okoroh is ranked as the 5th best prospect in europe by espn's bb recruitiing services

"i like kinglsey's ability to block shots and protect the rim...he continues to make great strides with his offense...kingsley has great size at 7'1" 260 pounds and has the chance to get bigger and stronger in our strength and conditioning program...i think he has a bright future in front of him and has a chance to be really good"
-cuonzo martin

before nooner yoga today i spoke with classmate padraig o'brien, a trainer/body developer for hs, college & nba (including 5 lottery picks) ballers...padraig has known westwind prep hc jai steadman for yrs & worked with this season's squad

padraig told me that kingsley is a very well mannered & polite young man who looks like a nba player when he walks in the door...his "strength is his ability to run & get up & down the floor"...he has not developed any reliable post interior moves at this time (which is typical for a young big)

i'm not gonna repeat padraig's funny comment but basically kingsley biggest challenge is that he hasn't quite developed his inner bad azz yet

when i mentioned the impressive okoroh video clip of blocking shots like mutombo, he laughed & said "when you play 70 games like westwind did this season, you can put together an impressive film package on anyone"

bottom line, padraig thinks kingsley has a significant upside but that the cal coaches are gonna have light a fuse or two with our english gentleman to spark his motor...king has gotta lose the polite gentleman afternoon tea at the dorchester mentality & become a relentless attacker like london's burning

"when we signed king, we knew he was a guy who could be good in the future...i think he will play early...he's still growing offensively...he's done a great job with his body...he's always been a shot blocker, he can rebound, outlet the ball...he has a defensive mindset first...he's really improved since he got here"
-cuonzo martin

"kinglsey's so big and long...he's really come a long ways since he's gotten here...he really blocks shots and he's really starting to understand his body and strength...defensively he can have an impact...on defense he's got the length and size to be a very good shot blocker...he's also got the timing for it...he'll even block my hook shot ever once in a while...his offense is developing...he's actually got a pretty good left handed hook for a right handed player
-david kravish

"kinglsey's really the x-factor...if he gets better by pac 12 play, he can get some minutes because he can really block shots...you just need him to block shots and do the things that he can do...he's getting better every day...he has some toughness to him too...he'll throw elbows in practice when he has too...he comes from an environment where he has to be a gentleman...i'm trying to get him away from that"
-cuonzo martin

never mind the bollocks#

game ball for the bears 94-50 express lane victory over the cal state east bay bridge pioneers goes to the king

kingsley powered his way to a game high for both teams 9 rebounds & a punishing 5 blocks in 25 minutes...okoroh scored 5 points on 1-2 fgs & 3-5 fts with a nice touch (he shot 79% on fts at westwind prep)

while still developing offensively, the king is already an energized defensive presence in both blocking & altering shots...he has got the best body of any center in the pac 12 other than zeus at arizona...no wonder tom chambers thinks kingsley might have nba potential down the road

the king played like a mobsman at the lump hotel against the nickey pioneers...cheers
KenBurnski
Excited for this team and staff. The boys look hungry and well conditioned. Can't wait to travel up for games! (I ain't a passive dumbazz and want to roar)
Shocky1
t-wall brought upper classmen leadership with 21 points on an efficient 8-12 shooting (using his superior height & athletic skills to attack the basket, settling for just 1 three pointer attempt), 3 assists, 3 boards 2 steals & most importantly, zero turnovers

underdog on top#
Shocky1
cal's man on fire jordan mathews lit it up for 21 points including an en fuego 3-5 from the vip 3 point roped off section & also showed an improved handle with zero turnovers...last year's pac 12 leader in running over people in the lane & getting a charge called against him seemed to show a slightly improved ball awareness (dude has gotta keep his eyes up while dribbling with better body control when attacking the rim)...pretty sure jordan's secret goal in life is to carry the rock like the beast mode for the cal football team & hurt somebody

"it was pretty intense...i feel like it's going to be intense all year...he's (coach martin) is very similar to how he is in practice...he's very intense in practice and that intensity carries over to us...he tells us 'if you aren't going 100 percent the whole game you are coming right out'"
-jordan mathews

but that's not gonna ever be a problem for one of the team's hardest workers, getting after it in the nicodemus s&c program and knocking down squared up shoulders 3 point shots while everyone is sleeping ain't fancy for jordan

Shocky1

cuonzo martin has extended an actionable offer to 2016 6'2" 175 lbs santa monica vikings man on fire sharpshooter jonah mathews

mathews is a huge cal recruiting priority target and also has offers from asu, usc & utah...like his older bro jordan he also excels academically in the classroom, he ain't a dumb azz

jonah loved growing up in san francisco when his dad phil was the hc for the usf dons

dude already got the right gear

cal family#

update: jonah grew up a ucla fan & his dad was later an assistant coach with the bruins for ben hovland...if ucla offers as expected the best 2 on the west coast, then the bears are gonna be in fierce recruiting battle for the future ocean league mvp

visiting with jonah a couple of time ain't gonna get it done...cuonzo & tracy need to grabbing that quick hour+ flight down to lax during every open recruiting window to show jonah the bears staff love for him, they gotta be southwest a-list preferred members

Shocky1
Shocky1;842390930 said:

sometimes in life you gotta listen to people that are wiser than you...recent conversation with my good friend & longtime business mentor johnny:

me: what up?

johnny: yeah, i have a request for you regarding arika's wedding saturday at the montelucia (his oldest daughter is getting married this weekend)

me: sure, no problem

johnny: ok, good, i want you to get a haircut this week for the wedding, ok?

me: why?

johnny: because you look like a cal hippie yoga teacher

me: thank you

johnny: can you do that for me?

me: sure, anything else?

johnny: well, actually there is one more thing

me: really?

johnny: i don't want you to wear one of your suits

me: are you serious, why?

johnny: because rhonda (his wife) thinks you look like the joker in batman

me: (reminding myself that johnny is gonna invite me again to augusta national next spring, i've played golf there 4 separate times on 63 hole trips, twice with johnny who's tight with a member): so, what should i wear then, should i show up naked?

johnny: let's go down to my car now then, i got one of my suits that you can borrow

me: wow, you got this all planned out, don't you?...you're pretty organized for a dumb azz

johnny: relax

me: ok, anything else, is there a script i need to follow too?

johnny: well, we've put you at the "fun" table but don't do anything stupid, ok?

me: like what, maybe palm the azz of one of arika's bridesmaids while the band plays?

johnny: that's exactly what i'm talking about!

me: you're a dumb azz

johnny: thank you

i have mentors for just about everything in life...mentors are people who have your best interests at heart (even if you don't always understand their advice)...if you think you don't need mentors for the various aspects of your life, you're not gonna become self-actualized (the best possible you) & maximize your unlimited opportunities in life...don't be a know it all dumb azz (like me sometimes)

it's been my experience that almost everybody that you ever ask to mentor you will be honored by your request & will help you if you ask sincerely

remember, keep your eye on the ball

ok, so maybe i organized a 1:30 am golf cart rally race around the resort & a group headstand/handstand photo (underwear optional)

go bares#
Shocky1

shades of javid#

future wannabe cal, stanford and ivy league girlfriend and/or wife
Shocky1

brandon sampson is an explosively smooth 6'4" 170 lbs top 40 2015 guard from baton rouge's madison prep that is blowing up this summer on the aau circuit

a pac 12 coach told me that sampson could potentially be 2 & done & that he projects as a strong nba prospect

the biggest decision in this recruitment is whether or not he wants to play at lsu (which is 10 minutes from his house & a former hs teammate jarell martin plays for the tigers) or does he want to maybe get out of the south & experience something new & get a world class education?

pretty sure I know what snoop dogg's decision would be

sampson's official visits are including cal (september 26th, huf is his guy), lsu (september 19th tigers football weekend with mom), st johns (october 17th, slick steve lavin made lots of empty promises) & usc (october 24th, had never experienced high levels of air pollution before) with one final visit available if necessary

brandon's official visit to cal included a noon football/basketball prep rally at sproul plaza, sightseeing in san francisco and the beaches with the fam, scrimmaging with the california golden bears and most importantly, quality time with the cal academic support staff team

huf is checking out brandon today in baton rouge

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world (including the south)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842385971 said:

mark poyser, dad of onetime cal scouted guard jalen poyser, commented that "jalen's official visit to unlv this past weekend was very good...their academics are on par with what we want"

gotta give dad points for his honesty re: unlv's highly popular gaming machine repair degree program or the more academically challenging (reading skills are required) stripper std health degree program

update: "i am happy to let everyone know that i'm committing to the unlv running rebels...i think its the best decision for me and my family"
-jalen poyser

i dunno, maybe jalen & noah blackwell could start a study group or something

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
as advocated since the 1st page of this thread, the cal football program is formally tightening up its academic standards for incoming football programs by 2017...basically if you can't rock at least a 3.00 gpa in high school, you shouldn't be walking thru sather gate at the #1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world
http://www.ibabuzz.com/beartalk/2014/10/30/academics-cal-tightens-admissions-standards-80-percent-of-freshmen-must-have-3-0-gpas-by-2017-18/?doing_wp_cron=1414970392.4427609443664550781250

who knew that daniel lasco is the lead singer for cherub?

don't be a dumb azz#
yoga matters#
Shocky1
balling out with the team at haas

brandon, if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams in life & build a better life for you & your family (mom matters)...a lsu education is gonna best prepare you for being the night shift supervisor at the chicken shack on the north acadian thruway, right?...so click the link below & research the academic reputations of cal & lsu, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

even your guy huf (an ivy league grad) has a career backup plan, he's the lead singer for future islands

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world
Shocky1

"where i like the coaching staff and where the head coach is the main one talking to me so i know they really want me...if the head coach is calling, that means you're a priority"
-ivan rabb

"the schools that he has recruiting him are university of california-berkeley, ucla, usc, arizona, kansas, kentucky, georgetown and north carolina"
-lou richie, bishop o'dowd head coach

early indications are that cuonzo & the new staff have made favorable 1st impressions

the former bears staff were fractured in their approach to the recruitment of the #1 player in the 2015 class...coaches told me there was "no chance" to "we should try harder"...my biggest divergence in opinion with the that staff (that led cal basketball to the most successful era during the last half a century) centered around ivan's recruitment...only travis decuire attended bod's state championship game at sleepy train arena in sacramento after the bears season had already ended

mac dre agrees that not making every effort known to mankind to relentlessly recruit ivan rabb would be stoopid, gotta "growl like a bear"

the grind includes the hc#

"the new cal coaches stopped by as well...i like them so far but i have not seen the way they coach yet or anything...i will watch them this year"
-ivan rabb

north carolina: ivan & his mom tami along with bod hc lou richie unofficially visited unc...rabb played in a pick up game & checked out the facilities...roy williams was unavailable during the visit (this trip was prior to the recent academic fraud allegations directed at williams)

duke: relatively brief unofficially visit with coach k who expressed an interest in recruiting rabb in the future

georgetown: visited with hc john thompson iii...ivan impressed with the urban (city) aspect of the campus vs the 2 north carolina schools & also the georgetown graduate school biz program

cal: "as soon as the new staff came in, they started contacted me regularly during the first week...they talk to me a lot and make sure that i know that i'm at the top of their list and that they really want me at cal...i have respect for all of their coaches and i'm looking forward to seeing what they can do next year"

ivan unofficially visited with the cal bb staff in berkeley today

the cal coaches are successfully building relationships & "painting pictures regarding ivan's legacy" via these unofficial visits (the bears also had another key prospect visit fri too)

"like @icecube said, "today was a good day""
-cuonzo martin

"what a great day in berkeley, ca! we are making moves. big ones. #gold standard"
-yanni hufnagel

cuonzo martin personally watched ivan & his oakland soliders teammates at the peach jam in georgia

ivan rabb is on the usa under 17 team that is competing at the fiba world championship in dubai...young ivee missed the 1st game with a swollen ankle

ivan's mom made an unannounced drop in visit with the cal basketball staff in berkeley while ivan was in dubai

ivan's in home visit with north carolina for october 6th was cancelled & rescheduled for october 22nd

rabb has taken an official to kentucky (october 26th), visits scheduled for kansas (november 7th) & arizona (january 3rd) and trips to cal & ucla not firmed up yet

together we attack#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 ranked overall) university in the world (including oakland)
Shocky1
the california golden bears are no strangers to adversity & being hurt...consider:

***beloved parents die from cancer
***major injuries that require long & painful rehabs
***parents divorced
***unfavorably compared by scouts to aaron gordon & his non stop motor
***characterized by critics as a "classic overachiever"
***snickered by cynics as too jewish to keep up with pac 12 pgs
***regarded by most d1 colleges as too inexperienced playing bb coming from cameroon
***told by wildcat coaches to be too fat to play as a freshman
***regarded as too skinny to be an effective rebounder/shot blocker in the pac 12
***disrespected by other coaches by not guarding his outside shot
***compared to cee lo green for failing to hustle back on d
***rejected by hometown ucla for other local guys
***spurned by johnny dawkins for the allen twins
***blasted by fans for sleepwalking in losing to usc
***recognized for leading the pac 12 in charges in recklessly running people over
***defeated by dagger to the heart 3 pointer in dallas to end season
***turned away by nicky d & his crew
***saddened by farewells to beloved coaches
***compared to the pillsbury dough boy for eating at the shoneys all you can eat buffet
***mislabeled by coaches as too much of an english gentleman
***dismissed as too short, too filipino, too peruvian to play high d1 basketball
***regarded as not athletic enough to walk on at cal & play pac 12 bb
***steamrolled by opponents during a nightmare 2-26 season in the ivy league
***ignored by beyonce, rihanna & shakira for sr prom dates

it's true you know, what doesn't kill you truly makes you stronger

so the question remains, will the bears take these life experiences & use them to strengthen themselves into wiser & unbreakable individuals?

will the bears "find a way?"

cal family#
seasons of discovery#
hurt#

when u r hurt, u must find a way
Shocky1
ryan anderson is healthy again & will continue his role this season at one of the elite stretch 4s in the nba for the new oreleans pelicans

rhino's career shooting stats: .427 fgs, .386 3 pointers & .856 fts...he can authentically shoot the rock, ryan is not a fake model and is compensated as such (current 4 year contract is all guaranteed money):

2012 salary: $8,700,000
2013 salary: $8,308,500
2014 salary: $8,491,500
2015 salary: $8,500,000

anderson will be an unrestricted free agent in 2016

Shocky1
who's got the best name in california high school basketball?

that would be paris austin, the 5'11" 155 lbs 2015 pg from bod who is blowing up this summer playing for dream vision on the aau circuit with strong performances at the pagnos tnt

austin is quick & aggressive although his hard charging style does lend itself to turnovers...an above average passer with a consistent mid range shot, he is not a true pg but more of a combo shooting guard with a pg's size

paris is picking up mid major offers (including one from travis decuire at montana) & is on the radar for several high major programs including cal & tennessee

paris has been friends with bod teammate ivan rabb since 4th grade..."we are like brothers, we can talk about anything...we definitely want to go to the same college if we can"

paris in berkeley is definitely a possibility

bonsoir, monsieur austin

update: congrats to paris on his commitment to the boise state broncos...monsieur austin est magnifique!
Shocky1
*****what are your expectations for the 2014/2015 season?

my hope is that the california golden bears play together with a consistent and relentless passion, intensity, discipline & most importantly, like little kids playing basketball on the playground without a care in the world & having lots of fun with their best friends ...if the bears can play with those characteristics, the wins will pile up & maybe coach martin will take everyone out for grape snow cones (although nicodemus is frowning at that idea)

*****what is the best golf course in asia?

that would be coore & crenshaw's fabulous & tightly routed walkable seaside shanqin bay on hainan island in china...hirono in japan would be a distant 2nd with kawana's fuji a close 3rd

*****what's your take on ivan rabb's recruitment?

the entire cal staff with cuonzo taking a lead position is working tirelessly to share with ivan their vision of him becoming the foundation of the cal basketall program on a go forward basis...they are painting a picture of his educational & real estate development opportunities at the #1 ranked (#3 overall) university in the world for life after basketball (playing ball can be taken away from you in a split second injury, boom, your playing days are over forever) and asking him "what do you want your legacy to be?"...does rabb want to be part of the storied championship basketball programs at kentucky, kansas, arizona & ucla or does he want to build something special at home?...does he want his family at his games at haas & then afterwards telling his mom tami how much he loves her while she's cooking fried chicken along with mac & cheese for him & his younger bro tamarik?

*****why is adopting rescue pets so important?

grown ups make choices in life, if you wanna be a dumb azz that's nobody's biz...but little children & rescue pets don't get to make those choices...we need to open our hearts & protect them to the end of the earth

*****what is the important invention of the last 1000 years on planet earth?

yoga pants

*****will the cal basketball program ever win another national championship?

if ivan decides that attending college close to home along with maybe tyler dorsey, brandon sampson and/or caleb swanigan joining him too along with everyone returning, then the 2015 californai golden bears will have the necessary explosive firepower & seasoned experience to compete for a ncca national championship...it's true, i got big plans for cal basketball & other things too

*****are you ******* crazy? (i get that question almost weekly)

i dunno, maybe, the heart understands things that the mind cannot begin to comprehend

they might be giants#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;8USFCDtQaf0][/video]

cal family#
socaltownie
That picture is a ridiculously close copy of the 7th on Torrey North. Seriously, I would be having deja vu if I played there.
Holmoephobic
Shocky's posts crack me up. Never change Shocky!
First Page Last Page
Page 122 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.