cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,384 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
concordtom
How long do you want to ignore this user?
tim94501;842404923 said:

Bak Bak was awful and anybody that didn't know it was fooling themselves.

I don't know who the lead recruiter was, but I know who the head coach was who approved it.
Shocky1;842404940 said:

bak bak grew up in a 3rd world country with clean water issues & insane poverty and thru hard work & academic ambition graduated from the #1 ranked public university in the world

bak bak is a complete winner in my book

Absolutely true. Me, too!
tim94501
Shocky1;842404940 said:

bak bak grew up in a 3rd world country with clean water issues & insane poverty and thru hard work & academic ambition graduated from the #1 ranked public university in the world

bak bak is a complete winner in my book

100000000% right. He was a division 2 talent though on the court.
concordtom
socaltownie;842404959 said:

+2 million, the estimated number of people that have died in the Sudanese Civil war.

Least we ever forget, the kids (and they are kids) on our team do not "suck". They may not have the skills that some other kids do but they are kids. Treat them with respect and honor their achievements. Bak Bak is not only a winner but just as inspirational in his own was as Jorge - a favorite of most (all?) of us on this board.

http://www.dailycal.org/2013/02/13/morning-glory-bak-baks-search-for-a-home/

I've read Bak's story a few times, but not this particular article. It IS hard to reconcile the mindset of recruiting for players vs wanting any and all individuals to be given the opportunity improve and grow, especially when the place they are coming from is war torn poverty. The two worlds are so far apart from each other. It is hard to discuss one in light of the other.
SFCityBear
socaltownie;842404959 said:

+2 million, the estimated number of people that have died in the Sudanese Civil war.

Least we ever forget, the kids (and they are kids) on our team do not "suck". They may not have the skills that some other kids do but they are kids. Treat them with respect and honor their achievements. Bak Bak is not only a winner but just as inspirational in his own was as Jorge - a favorite of most (all?) of us on this board.

http://www.dailycal.org/2013/02/13/morning-glory-bak-baks-search-for-a-home/

Well said, Socal, and thanks also for posting the article on Bak from 2013.

And how can we forget Bak's play in that WSU game? Prior to the game, Brock Motum was being touted as one of the favorites for the conference player of the year. No one was able to stop him in the game, until Bak entered the game and shut Motum down completely for about 10 minutes, as I remember. Motum was never in the conversation for conference player of the year after that.

:gobears:
south bender
Never challenge Bak Bak! He will make you regret it!

More seriously, one of the nicest guys anyone will meet.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842404223 said:

this summer on the flights back from amdsterdam thru london's heathrow t-5, both of my fashionista daughters shay & taylor were in serious debt to me due to a "misunderstanding" (yeah, right) involving my credit cards in paris...so they paid off their debts to society (like jean valjean) by sending out over 2500 form letter emails with a link to my post "dana altman is a criminal" to oregon faculty professors & staff (utilizing university staff directory lists) & simply asking "Are Dana Altman's actions on behalf of the University of Oregon acceptable to you?"

we received an over 30% response rate (almost all not supportive of altman) & then asked those responders to forward this link to everyone in their department at oregon & media outlets

since that time the university of oregon has established an independent (not controlled by the athletic department) special admissions review board to make sure dana altman can't bring any more dangerous dumb azzs to eugene...this board has already denied admission to 2 of altman's recruits, ray kosongo & jaquan lyle

one of the major goals of this thread is to contribute to the grass roots (phil knight & his handpicked athletic director really don't care) driven termination of employment & detoxify the collegiate basketball coaching of the university of oregon's current men's basketball head coach

i am dana altman's worst ******* nightmare

just watching the detroit vs oregon game & cannot believe that the tv announcer just said that "dana altman has recently lost 8 players due to reasons beyond his control"

uhhh, i don't think so, players being declared academically ineligible, denied admission into the school, illegally selling shoes, stealing from convenience stores & sexually assaulting female students isn't an accountable responsibility of the head coach?

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

progress: http://blog.seattlepi.com/oregonsportsnews/2014/11/19/its-time-for-dana-altmans-disappearing-act-to-end/
Shocky1
Dear Shocky,

How are you?

I am fine (sort of).

I totally don't get what the big deal is all about. Oregon is an academically mediocre school with a 90%+ acceptance rate, so why's everybody all excited now because I'm not exactly recruiting choir boys? People are acting like my starting 5 are all ex felons from San Quentin's death row, get over it.

Anyways, you're still invited to be my guest at the Eugene Country Member/Guest tournament next July, lots of tasty food & great prizes too.

Shock, could you do me a solid? A lot of our cheerleaders will be graduating in the next year or so & they want to start meeting Cal, Stanford & Ivy League grads. Since you're my only friend, would you please pass their contact info onto the Bears basketball players? I'll make sure they get a health clearance from the campus health clinic before they go out with your guys, ok?

Best regards,

Dana
GATC
SFCityBear;842405068 said:

Well said, Socal, and thanks also for posting the article on Bak from 2013.

And how can we forget Bak's play in that WSU game? Prior to the game, Brock Motum was being touted as one of the favorites for the conference player of the year. No one was able to stop him in the game, until Bak entered the game and shut Motum down completely for about 10 minutes, as I remember. Motum was never in the conversation for conference player of the year after that.

:gobears:

On paper Bak Bak was a 3 star like Richard Solomon and David Kravish and he was 2" taller than Solomon and 1" taller than Kravish. He had hops, had a nice looking jumper and showed some skills at times. His basketball instincts were not the best and he tended to get rebounds taken away from him. Big players take longer and he never came around to fulfill his potential. There were others that also didn't work out. Sam Elerky, Kahlil Johnson and Kaileb Rodriques come to mind. Recruiting was not that great during this period.
concordtom
Traditional Cheerleaders:

Modern Day Cheerleaders:

Modern Day Cheerleaders are Campus Sex Symbols.
I don't want my daughters to be Campus Sex Symbols.
Shocky1
concordtom;842405275 said:

Modern Day Cheerleaders are Campus Sex Symbols.
I don't want my daughters to be Campus Sex Symbols.

if your daughters look like you, i seriously doubt that's gonna be a problem

you, ayetee & bar20 are total azz wipes (which is even worse than being a dumb azz) for even suggesting on another thread that my boy brandon chauca is gonna transfer after this season...none of you have ever seen him play a second of basketball or had a conversation with him re: his goals in life
south bender
Shocky1;842405289 said:

if your daughters look like you, i seriously doubt that's gonna be a problem

you, ayetee & bar20 are total azz wipes (which is even worse than being a dumb azz) for even suggesting on another thread that my boy brandon chauca is gonna transfer after this season...none of you have ever seen him play a second of basketball or had a conversation with him re: his goals in life

Shocky, I happen to agree with the substance of your defense of Brandon. However, your childish 7th grade ad hominem attacks on CT and on ayetee and bar20 are pathetic. And, Brandon Chauca is not your boy.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842405297 said:

Shocky, I happen to agree with the substance of your defense of Brandon. However, your childish 7th grade ad hominem attacks on CT and on ayetee and bar20 are pathetic. And, Brandon Chauca is not your boy.

Go Bears!

south bender, would you agree that as a matter of civility that you shouldn't type anything about somebody on this board that you wouldn't say directly to their face?

curious if i gonna express myself to dana altman on february 25th at haas from my floor seats directly across from him?...go to the cal/oregon game that nite & find out...bring you ear plugs

would concordtom, ayetee & bar20 say he's gonna transfer after one season to brandon chauca's face with his dad, a former military sniper, standing there too?

nah, i didn't think so
south bender
Shocky, everything that I wrote above in response to your post I would say to your face. Or is your implication you would beat me up if I did it, because you don't like criticisms? Is this grade school or what?

Moreover, I am sure that I have attended more Cal games than you, not that it matters.

If you choose to be rude to Altman, will that make you feel good? I will definitely be at the Oregon game.
Shocky1
sb, i'm a lover not a fighter, i've never physically beat up anybody in my life, that's not my style (fighting is bad yoga karma for sure)

and yes, it will bring a wide smile to my face in expressing my authentic opinion to altman that he's a criminal...of course he may be arrested or terminated before february 25th
brj1
I'm going to predict right now he won't make it to Berkeley this time around. I think the other shoe will have dropped by then, and it's at least a size 22 Shaquille autograph model.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]3976[/ATTACH]
Shocky1

my daughter taylor took the above game action foto last weekend, she's convinced that #24 is staring at her fashionable jacket, whatever

listening to taylor discuss the game isn't exactly the same as listening to mike montgomery in terms of insightful basketball analysis:

"why aren't the bears guarding him?" (during an opponent's free throws)

"did they forget to put a chair out for the bald guy in the suit?" (referencing cuonzo martin's preference for standing all game)

"how come the bears are wearing grey and not blue & gold, those are better colors" (i dunno)

"is oksi a male or a female?" (who knows, oski is a mascot, ok?)

"brenden glapion is very cute plus he's left handed" (wow, i did not know that)

pretty sure roxy isn't going to seek out taylor as his broadcast color partner anytime soon
concordtom
Shocky1;842405311 said:

south bender, would you agree that as a matter of civility that you shouldn't type anything about somebody on this board that you wouldn't say directly to their face?

curious if i gonna express myself to dana altman on february 25th at haas from my floor seats directly across from him?...go to the cal/oregon game that nite & find out...bring you ear plugs

would concordtom, ayetee & bar20 say he's gonna transfer after one season to brandon chauca's face with his dad, a former military sniper, standing there too?

nah, i didn't think so

That's a good idea. Let's post "Rules of This Site" at the top of each page.
Rule #1 - don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.

I used to go to some Bullets games in DC and there was this guy.... well, you can look him up. Shocky, are you going to go all Robin Ficker on Altman? If so, I'm gonna make a special trip down for that game. I'll be sitting on the opposite side of the court. I'll let you know if you need to get LOUDER, or if your already LOUD ENOUGH.
Hey, this could be your new role. The Haas Heckler!
You might even teach the student body a thing or two.
Nah, nobody can out-do Victoria.
Shocky1
concordtom;842405346 said:

That's a good idea. Let's post "Rules of This Site" at the top of each page.
Rule #1 - don't type anything you wouldn't say to someone's face.

I used to go to some Bullets games in DC and there was this guy.... well, you can look him up. Shocky, are you going to go all Robin Ficker on Altman? If so, I'm gonna make a special trip down for that game. I'll be sitting on the opposite side of the court. I'll let you know if you need to get LOUDER, or if your already LOUD ENOUGH.
Hey, this could be your new role. The Haas Heckler!
You might even teach the student body a thing or two.
Nah, nobody can out-do Victoria.

tom, it would be ideal if the entire crowd at haas started chanting "dana altman (clap, clap, clap) is a criminal"...repeat multiple times
south bender
Shocky1;842405311 said:

nah, i didn't think so

I would suggest another view of civility: Don't write anything that is an attack on another poster. If you wish to disagree, do so with facts or logic, rather than belittling the other poster. Also, let's not belittle any of our players.

The problem with typing anything about another that you would say to his/her face is that if you are willing to be rude face to face, then it is OK to be rude on this site.
Shocky1
south bender;842405350 said:

I would suggest another view of civility: Don't write anything that is an attack on another poster. If you wish to disagree, do so with facts or logic, rather than belittling the other poster. Also, let's not belittle any of our players.

The problem with typing anything about another that you would say to his/her face is that if you are willing to be rude face to face, then it is OK to be rude on this site.

this comment is meant as a compliment: you would be a highly effective middle school playground recess monitor
south bender
Shocky1;842405355 said:

this comment is meant as a compliment: you would be a highly effective middle school playground recess monitor

Why, thank you.

Can I use you as a reference when applying for such work?

Go Bears!
parentswerebears
I have to disagree with both of you. As a middle school teacher- you can't reason with crazy. And those kids are nothing but crazy right now.
south bender
parentswerebears;842405387 said:

I have to disagree with both of you. As a middle school teacher- you can't reason with crazy. And those kids are nothing but crazy right now.

I had a brief experience with teaching middle schoolers many moons ago, and you are absolutely correct! It has to be the hardest age for the teacher. And coaching them! One kid, when I repeatedly implored him to share the ball, to pass the ball, pulled a knife on me!
Shocky1
south bender;842405391 said:

I had a brief experience with teaching middle schoolers many moons ago, and you are absolutely correct! It has to be the hardest age for the teacher. And coaching them! One kid, when I repeatedly implored him to share the ball, to pass the ball, pulled a knife on me!

you should send dana altman the kid's contact info
Shocky1
Shocky1;842336813 said:

if you are under 30, this is your video

if you are over 70, this is your video

traveling bears#

phx>>>>>jfk
business trip#
longseeker
To add to south bender...... in the 1960's I coached a 5th grade team of little blond hair kids in San Leandro (what 10 year olds?) and we up against a team from another City. The team we played had much bigger kids than my team so I asked their coach how old his kids were and he said "10" but I noticed a few of his players had mustaches under their noses. Was I missing something? Years later in Pleasanton I coached a junior high kid who had a terrible temper and yelled at the refs. When I tried to calm him down he called me a "pervert" in front of all the spectators! I wanted to ring his neck.
parentswerebears
longseeker;842405555 said:

To add to south bender...... in the 1960's I coached a 5th grade team of little blond hair kids in San Leandro (what 10 year olds?) and we up against a team from another City. The team we played had much bigger kids than my team so I asked their coach how old his kids were and he said "10" but I noticed a few of his players had mustaches under their noses. Was I missing something? Years later in Pleasanton I coached a junior high kid who had a terrible temper and yelled at the refs. When I tried to calm him down he called me a "pervert" in front of all the spectators! I wanted to ring his neck.

Forrest Gump said it best, middle schoolers are a daily box of chocolates. You never known from day to day what you are going to get!
Shocky1
puget sound cal fan
Great time of the year to be in NYC.
socaltownie
longseeker;842405555 said:

Heck, you should have seen the 6 foot kid on another "under 10" football team we placed this year. It was...well....ridiculous.
Shocky1
yeah, the bears are basically playing a nationally ranked team with 2 future nba bigs in #25 6'9" rakeem christmas & #5 6'10" chris mccullough with their home team crowd cheering them on in the island of manhattan

but guess what, this is not as experienced or as good a shooting syracuse team that has confronted cal the last few years...#10 6'4" trevor cooney is the deep threat but without an nba caliber point guard setting him up, he's struggled this season thus far

the bears do not need to play perfect flawless basketball, that's not gonna happen...guys need to relentlessly attack & no matter what, stay together

i remember the 1st time i visited augusta national, my hands were so shaky i had trouble teeing the ball up on the straightaway par 4 1st hole...somehow i was able to strike one down the middle & i can remember striding down the fairway with my group and out of nowhere just laughing at myself...the game is the same no matter where you play the game

the bears under the nicodemus s&c program worked as hard as any team in the country this offseason, these guys will not be outworked

let's do this, baby

together we attack#
Shocky1
a special night sitting on the floor at madison square garden

this **** is getting live

left to right, dickie v, jordan "man on fire" mathews, jabari "fly like a" bird, tyrone "tough love" wallace, david "doc" kravish & the king

the time is now#
MisterNoodle
Don't they have weight limits? When I was a kid if you were above the weight limit you had to play "up" in the next age division.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842398627 said:

the targeted 2015 is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships...these guys are elite 5 star immediate impact blue chippers that have been ranked in the top 40 of their class, they are all truly diamonds

stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class, is already a california golden bear

tyler dorsey, #19th ranked player in the 2015 class

brandon sampson, #40th ranked player in the 2015 class

caleb swanigan, #8 ranked player in the 2015 class

ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

diamonds are forever#

public gem inspection re: authenticity tonite at madison square garden
NVBear78
Shocky1;842406198 said:

public gem inspection re: authenticity tonite at madison square garden

Ok Shocky, what will it take to get one of these gems to commit and have the rest follow like dominoes. Come on Ivan, you know the Cal coaches and players like family. Makes the commitment and the others will follow.
First Page Last Page
Page 127 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.