cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,367,619 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
one of the limiting factors to last season's california golden bears was the lack of a true leader, an alpha male...the 3 seniors were all more inwardly focused than team focused, they didn't even bother to attend the year end team banquet with their teammates

this year's team is also searching for an alpha male

there is only so much that an alpha male like cuonzo can do from the bench, a leader has gotta emerge from the floor...both tyrone wallace & david kravish are lead by example kind of guys, the bears need somebody way more vocal than that

the guy that has always got something to say, the guy most like me in a lot of ways, is jordan mathews...dude has gotta rally his teammates, to impose his fierce will on the game, to boldy with a swagger not accept defeat, to be mentally tougher than the sorry azz clowns in the other uniforms

check out this exclusive cal's monster class video coverage of bears alpha male jordan mathews (#13) playing football...that's what i'm talking about

it should also be pointed out that both tyler dorsey & ivan rabb are soft spoken, jordan mathews needs to emerge as an alpha male now

the time is now#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842436278 said:

congrats to kansas head coach bill self on the commitment of 5 star power forward carlton bragg to ku

briggs commitment to the jayhawks effectively ends their recruitment of ivan rabb, it is now highly unlikely that rabb will visit cold azz lawrence this winter

the bishop o'dowd humble superstar has already made official visits to both kentucky & arizona and is slated to visit ucla for their game vs colorado on january 31st

ivan's 4th & final visit will be to cal as the bears staff is trying to coordinate a joint visit with caleb swanigan

ivan's collegiate decision is getting closer with each passing day...

diamonds are forever#

ivan & tami rabb are still gonna visit kansas...gotta get those parkas out of the closet for sure...one of the benefits of this trip is not only will the rabbs get to experience lawrence winter weather they will also get a feel for lexington winter weather too

http://zagsblog.com/articles/ivan-rabb-working-on-kansas-ucla-cal-visits/#more-127296

"ivan will be visiting his hometown school last"
-tami rabb
Shocky1

tyler dorsey scored 42 points on 13-20 fgs including 3-7 3 pointers along with 10 boards, 3 assists, a steal & only 1 turnover as the marantha minutemen rerouted the village christian crusaders 69-64...bak bak from wau, sudan dnp for village christian
Shocky1
Shocky1;842408630 said:

zach collins, a top 50 2016 6'10" 215 lbs power forward from bishop gorman (coached by zach's father, mike) in las vegas has narrowed his finalists to 8 schools with arizona, unlv, gonzaga & new mexico assured official visits...the collins family intends to make an unofficial visit to cal this weekend when bishop gorman plays a monster opening game vs ivan rabb's bishop o'dowd dragons on saturday november 29th at 8:30 pm at newark memorial in the nor cal tip off classic

zach was 6'8" as a freshman & has grown another 2 inches and is continuing to grow into his body...he is extremely blue collar physical & also possesses a strong pick & pop game with an accurate shooting touch

zach & his dad have built strong relationships with both cuonzo martin & jon harris...cal is the only academically prestigious school on the finalist list & zach has also stated he is interested in staying close to home if possible...relationships with coaches & style of play will be key factors in this decision

the collins family isn't turning zach's recruitment into a circus, he's gonna decide very early with a targeted decision date of march 2015 with a signing date of november 2015

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including nevada)

zach collins has set up his first 3 official visits:

cal-january 14th (stanford game)
new mexico-february 21st
gonzaga-february 28th

schools competing for the final 2 official visits are: hometown unlv, utah, oklahoma, san diego state & asu...arizona is now out of the picture with the commitment from tj leaf at the 4

zach & his dad are on campus for their cal official visit
Shocky1
you know i'll talk to anyone, anywhere, right?

so i stepped aside to allow a petite lady with her husband to board 1st the rental car shuttle bus in oakland...i noticed her red jacket said "stanford mom & alum"

she smiled when i said you must be mrs allen, mom to marcus & malcom

dr trina wiggins (a pedetrician, her husband is also a dr) is a former stanford gymnast

marcus will be starting at guard for the cards tonite & malcom is redshirting after an early season injury...stanford traveled to berkeley yesterday & spent the nite at the claremont & will drive back to palo alto after the game...the boys are best friends & roommates down on the farm...out of high school in las vegas they were a package deal & were not recruited by cal...not surprisingly, they do not consider findlay prep to be a strong academic bastion for learning, just a place to play basketball

i told her about the cal's monster class thread & my propensity to make fun of certain schools & coaches...she asked me what i make fun of at stanford...maybe it's my imagination but i thought she exchanged a quick glance with her husband when i told them i've noted johnny dawkins' unique ability to mismanage games in the last 5 minutes to defeat

beep, beep#
Shocky1
the cardinals are led by the senior trio of #5 6'2" 185 lbs chasson randle (19.3 ppg with a .369 3 pt%), #21 6'6" 215 lbs anthony brown (15.0 ppg & 7.1 rpg) & #4 6'11" canadian stefan nastic (14.0 ppg & 6.8 rpg)

these guys usually take the vast majority of the stanford shots...bears gotta play aggressive d & try to make other guys shoot the ball

if the bears can keep it close until the final 5 minutes, then johnny d can do his thing

Shocky1

ugliest dude ever

Shocky1

jorge doing the hang tonite at haas with allison stokke

Shocky1
Shocky1;842384836 said:

[video=youtube;NtaccfH91Ms][/video]

listen to dwight tarwater explain how the upcoming season will be dedicated to the memory of his mom, mary tarwater

a moment of love#

dwight tarwater battled tonite for 8 boards & 8 points on a perfect 3-3 fgs & 2-2 fts with an assist & only 1 turnover in 30 minutes
KoreAmBear
Shocky1;842438911 said:

dwight tarwater battled tonite for 8 boards & 8 points on a perfect 3-3 fgs & 2-2 fts with an assist & only 1 turnover in 30 minutes

Wow that's inspirational. He's a great kid. Tonight was exactly what we need from him.
Shocky1
i have mad respect for t-wall as a student athlete balancing everything, a great teammate & as a big bro delivering the important educational messages/encouragement to the family in bakersfield...the composed & articulate dude you hear now in interviews is not the same raw guy you heard as a freshman

usually a lockdown defender, wallace has been abused by pac 12 point guards (particularly last week in la & again last nite vs randle) & is not effectively facilitating his shooters (jordan, jabari & dwight) with kickout passes when attacking the basket...playing like a strong nba draft choice candidate in the preseason, tyrone is currently playing like a journeyman pro in serbia...if you can't make your teammates better, there's zero room on a nba roster for you as a 1

tyrone gotta love it, not hate it

south bender
Playing against weak teams who also probably had not scouted him fooled some of the would be NBA scouts, but no longer.

And as is hopeless drives have failed, so has his confidence from distance. I think I saw where he is under 20% from 3 in the conference games.
Shocky1
total crew effort with all hands on board as damari milstead scored 15 points on 7-11 fgs with 5 assists & 4 steals & oscar frayer in limited minutes scored 6 points on 3-7 fgs as the moreau catholic mariners capsized the mission san jose warriors 99-60

frank knight's student athletes#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842437982 said:

jayce johnson, a 2016 6'10 215 lbs big is now cleared to play for santa monica hs after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei

johnson works hard on defense & can finish with either hand...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'

jayce is a terrific student with a 4.0 gpa & is interested in cal, stanford, utah, ucla among other schools...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marks (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal this summer & will do so again after the high school season concludes

the vikings with jonah mathews & jayce johnson are gonna be a team to watch

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

jayce johnson scored 15 points with 11 boards in his santa monica debut as the vikings stung the hawthorne hornets 63-46
socaltownie
Shocky1;842438478 said:

zach & his dad are on campus for their cal official visit

Any news on how it went? Better if the trip had been next week with school in session but life isn't always like that (believe it or not sometimes it is actually FOGGY when I tee it up on Torrey South! I complain to the chamber but they don't do ANYTHING! THen I go over and play the Farms.
Shocky1

ben kone scored 19 points as the archbishop mitty crusaders got their clocks rang by the bellarmine bells 51-47
Shocky1
apparently ivan rabb scored 15 points on 6-11 fgs along with 11 boards as the bishop o'dowd dragons tamed the waynesville tigers 58-42 at the bass pro tnt in springfield, missouri

HoopDreams
Jabari Bird is back on the court
He showed sweet shot with two deep 3s beauties

obviously he still needs to get his rhythm and legs back underneath him, as he was about to finish two fast breaks monster slams

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"]ESPN on 2016 4 STAR Zach Collins who visited Cal yesterday...[/COLOR]

Collins is one of the most improved big men in the country. He has a good looking frame with long arms, broad shoulders, and he's becoming more mobile. He is much more fluid runner in transition and he can finish plays in transition. The strength of his game is his ability to knock in jump shots out to 21-feet and he's a very underrated passer. His jump shot is smooth and his release is impeccable. In the paint area he can finish plays with either hand and his interior passing is high-level.

Bottom Line:
Collins has been patiently waiting behind Stephen Zimmerman and Chase Jeter. However, look for Collins to explode this spring and summer and become an elite high-major prospect.

LOUMFSG2
Question for Shocky - was Stephen Domingo's transfer to Cal something that was in the works under Monty and staff, or did that come up under Coach Martin?
bearchamp
I am not Shocky, but transfer was in the works before Montgomery announced.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842436849 said:

herbie death watch: asu loses 8th game of the season to oregon

a sun devil scholly offer is about as useful as a diploma from the university of kentucky (unless you wanna sell used cars in lexington all your life)

sorry

herbie death watch: asu loses 9th game of the season to utah

a sun devil scholly offer is about as useful as a monogramed comb set for cuonzo

sorry

Shocky1
bearchamp;842439609 said:

I am not Shocky, but transfer was in the works before Montgomery announced.

correct, initial transfer conversations were with the prior staff
Shocky1
congrats to wsu on their victory over criminal dana altman & his evil basketball program

gotta love cougars

Shocky1
during labor day weekend of 2010 tony woods beat the crap out of his girlfriend in front of their 8 month old child...woods was arrested and charged with three counts of assault for kicking and pushing courney lorel barbout who suffered a fracture of her spine in the attack

against the 6'11" 250 lbs woods, courney had no chance to protect herself

wake forest did the right thing and suspended woods

so oregon's sleazeball head coach dana altman recruited woods to shore up the ducks interior defense

steve alford & dana altman are enablers of players that commit crimes of violence against women if it means they might win a few more games

dana altman is once again relying upon 6 transfers for the ducks 2013 season...2 of these transfers are srs: mike moser & jason calliste

the 2 senior transfers are not student athletes in any sense of the word...moser & calliste will arrive in the fall & then depart that spring with zero academic progress and/or achievement...they are like transients

beyond devaluing the already shaky oregon degree (which is considered a jc caliber education with its 90+% acceptance rate), those players that have worked within the basketball program for several years are recruited over & benched in favor of guys who don't even know where the library is in eugene

so who else did altman recruit for the 2013 ducks?

*elgin cook, declared ineligible during hs in milwaukee for having a gpa under 2.0
http://themilwaukeedrum.com/2011/02/13/the-tragedy-of-elgin-cook-other-mps-black-student-athletes/

*jordan bell from lbp was declared ineligible before the school yr & will not join the roster until next season

*christiano felicio from brazil was declared ineligible by the ncaa after attending a roseville "prep school" handpicked by altman that is facing allegations of academic fraud & child abuse
http://fox40.com/2013/01/10/roseville-prep-academy-coach-arrested-for-physical-abuse/

bottom line
*****a cal degree helps you move forward in life & marry the girl of your dreams
*an oregon degree helps you get hired as the night shift supervisor at the truck stop in medford & probably marrying a lot lizard

*jaquan lyle, 2.5 gpa & suspended for fighting in high school is no longer listed on the oregon basketball roster because of admissions/eligibility issues...now enrolled at the img academy in florida

*ray kosongo has been denied admission by the university's special admission board

*mike moser, jason caliste, johnathan lloyd, richard amardi & waverly austin used up their eligiblity...not clear if any of them will ever earn an oregon diploma

*ben carter, suspended along with dominic artis for selling team issued shoes/gear, transfered to unlv

*a.j. lapray transferred to pepperdine

*brandon austin, 2.6 gpa in philly, was suspended from the providence basketball team after being charged with a sexual assault of a female student...he immediately was recruited & transferred to oregon...when confronted by the media, altman claimed he checked austin's background but did not know he raped a girl while at providence...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*damyean dotson, suspended during the season for trying to use a fake id at a bar, considering transferring & currently not participating in team activities...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed

*dominic artis, he attended cal's last pac 12 home game at haas vs usc...i was speaking with his former hs athletic director at salesian chad nightingale (played wr for the bears) when dominic came over & said hello, it was clear to me that he wanted to speak privately with chad...recently named in the rape of an oregon female student...dismissed & currently attending contra costa cc as a student while practicing (but not playing) for the bb team

*elgin cook & jalil abdul bassit were arrested by the eugene pd for shoplifting at market of choice across the street from matthew knight arena on sept 12th...dana altman has stated "we expect our student athletes to conduct themselves as solid members of this community and team...both are being internally disciplined (which means nothing as usual)"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/two_oregon_ducks_basketball_pl.html

*dana altman knews that elgin cook had been cited for assault & battery, disorderly conduct and vandalism four years ago in wisconsin before he recruited him to oregon...criminal dana altman has stated "i was aware of elgin's background prior to his arrival at the university of oregon...the two years before he arrived here, elgin did very well at prep school and junior college, especially in the classroom...we would not have recruited elgin if we didn't believe he was capable of receiving a college education that he would appreciate and value"
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2014/10/dana_altman_was_aware_of_elgin.html

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

what up, coach dept: hypocrite dana altman is upset with players dwayne benjamin & jordan bell because they "held their hands up above their waists throughout the playing of the star spangled banner and then appeared to frisk each other as the team's starting lineup was announced...i think every player has a right to express their opinions, however i didn't think that was the time and place for it...on their own as individuals, they have that right...as part of our basketball team, when you put on the oregon jersey on, it's a little different"

to be honest with you, coach, when i see the oregon basketball jersey i usually think of non academic dumb azzs with minimal educational aspirations & criminal records playing for a coach that is more interested in winning than any life lessons

bravery award of the year goes to the female victim who is still a student at the university of oregon
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/12139436/oregon-ducks-head-coach-dana-altman-sued-student-alleged-sexual-assault

why dana altman is a bad person (in addition to being a criminal) dept: when mike montgomery had a bladder cancer scare before the 2011 season, dana altman & his #1 assistant tony stubblefield actively recruited against cal emphasizing this medical situation
Shocky1
"win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who steal & fight both on and off the court and also assault women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene"

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

concordtom
Shocky1;842439730 said:

you realize this is a photo of a fellow in Managua, Nicaragua, right?
How many times have you posted it here as if it were Tucson, Arizona?
Or the destitute life that awaits if you go to school where Dana Altman coaches?
Shocky1
cuonzo martin is in springfield, missouri tonite for the pro bass tnt of champions featuring bishop o'dowd & ivan rabb

all in#

Shocky1
ivan rabb scored 14 points on 5-14 fgs with 13 rebounds as the bishop o'dowd dragons were conquered 59-49 by a more balanced wesleyan christian trojans with cuonzo martin watching in person...coach has watched virtually every one of ivan's games this season other than those games that conflict with the cal schedule, that's more than any other head coach recruiting young ivee

rabb battled harry giles a 5 star 6'9" 215 lbs #3 player in the 2016 class who scored 14 points on 6-14 fgs & 11 boards

road trip#
Shocky1
coach martin is gonna spend tonite in glamorous springfield, missouri

cuonzo along with his staff & players (and myself) are working their azzs off to move the cal basketball program forward, to pursue a vision that fulfills the potential of the excellence at the #1 public (#3 overall) university in the world

so what's coach gonna dream about?...his family, probably...stylish hair like tyler dorsey, waste of time...yeah, at some time after midnite coach is gonna dream about them diamonds

this is cal basketball#
NVBear78
Shocky1;842439810 said:

ivan rabb scored 14 points on 5-14 fgs with 13 rebounds as the bishop o'dowd dragons were conquered 59-49 by a more balanced wesleyan christian trojans with cuonzo martin watching in person...coach has watched virtually every one of ivan's games this season other than those games that conflict with the cal schedule, that's more than any other head coach recruiting young ivee

rabb battled harry giles a 5 star 6'9" 215 lbs #3 player in the 2016 class who scored 14 points on 6-14 fgs & 11 boards

road trip#

Does the NCAA allow coaches to chat with players when they watch their games? Or is it just unlimited texting still...
Shocky1

cal commit & ringleader of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) the acrobatic oscar frayer scored 16 points including 2 3 pointers & 2017 key targeted priority damari milstead made his teammates better along with 19 points as the moreau catholic mariners galloped by the james logan colts 88-68

salute#
HoopDreams

Rabb and Frayer are the keys
Coach Martin has unlocked the huge potential of recruiting our OWN BACKYARD
He has opened the door to TOP talent, and in basketball we know it only takes two big talents, surrounded by strong talent and experience to explode on the National basketball scene

Coach already has 4 players to make up this talented core with Bird, Mathews, Domingo and Kingsley. Behrens, Rooks, Roger, and Singer will be solid and experienced role players

Coach Martin wants to play fast. Coach Martin wants to play aggressive. Coach Martin teaches players how to attack the basket.

[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=4]Rabb and Frayer are the keys[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1;842439872 said:

cal commit & ringleader of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) the acrobatic oscar frayer scored 16 points including 2 3 pointers & 2017 key targeted priority damari milstead made his teammates better along with 19 points as the moreau catholic mariners galloped by the james logan colts 88-68

salute#
HoopDreams
Two Cal players on the biggest stage...

[SIZE=7]vs[/SIZE]

Shocky1
jordan ford is a former junior chess prodigy as detailed by lindsay brauner

chess requires absolute concentration & discipline, the ability to anticipate moves 2-3 steps ahead in the future & sometimes deception to fake out opponents...harper kamp was also a high iq basketball player that not only outmaneuvered pac 12 opponents of the bears but also was the arizona 6th grade state individual chess champion

jordan ford scored 28 points at the folsom bulldogs checkmated the rocklin thunder 79-51

yeah, i could probably checkmate jordan mathews in 3 moves (clownpunking nick hamilton would be more challenging) but i got better things to do with my time (like strip chess with someone worthy of my attention)

don't be a dumb azz#
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.