cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,274,666 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
joe amos yaks
How long do you want to ignore this user?
We might have got him with bangers and mash...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4557[/ATTACH]
BearlyCareAnymore
concordtom;842487734 said:

That's a good shot of tarwater's game winner, reminiscent of cobb's shot over Oregon and AZ.
Do we have similar shots or Wallace's and Singer's game winners over defenders with the crowd experssions frozen in the background ?
The people are fun to look at.

One thing that strikes me is the lineup on the floor down by one under a minute was Singer - Wallace - Bird - Tarwater - Okoroh. Contrast that to something like Wallace - Mathews - Bird - Domingo - Rabb it would be more likely to be this year.
concordtom
concordtom;842487734 said:

That's a good shot of tarwater's game winner, reminiscent of cobb's shot over Oregon and AZ.
Do we have similar shots or Wallace's and Singer's game winners over defenders with the crowd experssions frozen in the background ?
The people are fun to look at.

[U]Cobbs @ Oregon:[/U]

?itok=2Wd_88D8

[U]Cobbs over Arizona:[/U]

%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fpac-12.com%252Fvideos%252Fpac-12-networks-exclusive-inside-look-arizonas-game-winning-hail-mary%3B1280%3B720

?ve=1&tl=1

[U]Singer @ UW:[/U]

[U]Tarwater over UCLA:[/U]

https://cdn1.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/8Qzb-ELvn9b-GUVnlCcsFovM_QA=/0x0:4896x2754/1600x900/cdn0.vox-cdn.com/uploads/chorus_image/image/45649746/usa-today-8373528.0.jpg

:large

[U]Wallace over USC:[/U]

?71e51b47a0521f79c0c44ef48a59d215bb0675d7

.... ha ha, that's a good one to end it on. I remember those two USC guys sitting in the prime seats behind Coach Martin (same seats where Swanigan, Dillard, Rabb, and Frayer sat vs ASU). As they walked up and out the portal, one dude gave one last look at the jubilant Cal crowd in shame, and he met my eye, I pointed at him and laughed in his face. I thought for a moment, "oh, be careful, he might be jump over and slug you in the face." But he didn't, just continued on, looking back down. I hate USC.

GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
concordtom
OaktownBear;842487775 said:

One thing that strikes me is the lineup on the floor down by one under a minute was Singer - Wallace - Bird - Tarwater - Okoroh. Contrast that to something like Wallace - Mathews - Bird - Domingo - Rabb it would be more likely to be this year.

3 shooters, 1 slasher, and 1 crafty tall ambidextrous pivot. You ya gonna guard?

(I think I might just yield and try the hack-a-Ty strategy)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842318769 said:

justin cobbs=ice in his veins moneyball

check out the seriously unhappy dude with his hands on his head in the ugly yellow shirt in the upper left center of the photo

fun times for mr black jacket in the center of the photo who's about to hurl into his right hand

also gotta love the cute brunette duck cheerleader pumping her pom poms in support of justin cobb's ice in his veins buzzer beating game winner...i dunno maybe she's just smiling cuz she's checking out david kravish's package (real talk, that's how the real world works, hot girls from dumb azz schools try to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league guys when they leave school, cal grads hold all the cards)

view to a kill#

would love to see a foto of jc in the near future holding a cal diploma on graduation day, now that would make his mom smile

leaving berkeley without a degree is a dagger to the heart in terms of your future
Shocky1
the cal family came together at the university club high atop memorial stadium for the season celebration & awards on a spectacular bay area evening

in speaking with the coaches & players both taylor & i were both impressed by how sincere & humble yet passionately driven are our california golden bears

*****t-wall named the team mvp
*****david kravish named the team defensive mvp (career leader in blocked shots at cal)
*****nick hamilton awarded the pete newell trophy
*****stephen domingo (told coach webster he's gonna be the team defensive mvp next season) & cole welle won coach nico's s&c mvp awards

fallon smith, christopher's funny & charming wife, told me that i'm "an enabler" of taylor's overpriced fashionista wardrobe & coached up taylor re: savvy bargain shopping...she is 100% correct, i'm gonna work on that this offseason

meanwhile, everybody is totally on board coach martin's love train
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
cllick for larger image (my parisian shirt is fuchsia, not pink)

Shocky1
sam singer told me that stephen domingo & him are both applying to the haas undergraduate school of business (the shockster's major at cal)...haas accepted 5 football players this past year into the program & has reached out to both domingo & singer encouraging them to apply for potential admission

academic ambition#
Shocky1
congratulated t-wall on his decision to become the 1st person in his family to graduate from cal

tyrone is both engaging & speaks with humble warmth, he is truly a special person...wallace told me that his academic plan is to attend summer school again this summer & then hopefully earn his degree by the end of the fall semester...this would allow him to take a light school school schedule in the spring & then focus upon the nba workouts & combines after march madness in 2016

t-wall told me he intends to shoot 80%+ from the free throw line next season

t-wall=early pac 12 mvp leader

this is cal basketball#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jaylen Brown[/COLOR] down to five schools:

Cal
Kansas
Kentucky
Michigan
UNC[/SIZE]

Shocky1
it's always fun & inspiring to speak with coach christopher...coach martin said that certain recruits are very aware of nico's reputation & even requesting conference calls with the "best strength and nutrition coach in the nation"

nicodemus told me that kameron's hard work in coring out/building strength has resulted in (k)rooks now weighing 268 with a targeted optimal weight of 265

christopher also told me that the king's current weight is 251 with a targeted optimal weight of 255

cal basketball practices are gonna reach new heights in terms of fierce competition...gotta love coach's energy, it's contagious

high velocity#
Shocky1
jb told taylor & i a funny story (with nicodemus standing a foot away) of how he was just trying to relax & watch a movie at the cal basketball house residence when coach christopher makes an unannounced visit (no knocking on the door just walks in) & catches the bird man with popcorn & chips on the sofa

busted coverage

i dunno i'll bet coach miller brings his wildcats double glazed maple bars with fuschia sprinkles...no wonder the power in the pac 12 is shifting before our eyes

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
sammy is considered a gym rat, he's gonna be fine

sam told me the washington 3 point game winning moneyball on the relief changed everything, lifted a huge weight off his shoulders...he assured me he's gonna knock down at least 70%+ on free throws next season & "that's absolutely necessary at the end of games"

singer will go home to miami for a few weeks & then return to berkeley for the team activities prior to the australia trip in mid august

dude is a bb player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sam singer will not be outworked

the grind#

Shocky1
huf told the group how he's leaving the cal basketball offices late at nite & twice in the last week or so he hears footsteps up to the gold gym (haas pavilion is currently undergoing the haas/goldman family's generous $10+million improvements) & it's roger relentlessly working on his game

coach hufnagel noted that when times are challenging for players, there's 2 very different directions a player's career can take at that point...rmd has taken the path of sweat & hard work

roger made a point of telling me "that all the guys appreciate your energy and support"...roger, you & your teammates along with prospective recruits have always been my targeted audience, from the bottom of my heart, merci beaucoup

the traveling bear#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842466285 said:

there's around 2 minutes left in the washington state game at the mgm grand & the president of the brenden glapion fan club is nudging me & asking me why her favorite player isn't in the game

so i start screaming from our seats (thx ash & jj) directly behind the cal bench "coach, let's get the walk ons into the game, they work their azzs off all season, let's go"

and then coach martin yells "brenden" & our fearless hero jumps to his feet & runs to the scorer's table

taylor can't believe it, this **** is getting live

and then the cougars defender fouls glapion, all of his teammates rise to their feet & start clapping, he's gonna get 2 free throws

so brenden toes the line, bounces the ball & releases his smooth left handed stroke into the las vegas airspace...the ball rotates perfectly for seemingly forever & then drops thru the bottom of the net...the bears crew are totally fired up & pumping their fists...brandon chauca, a great teammate, comes up from behind the 3 point line & messes with brenden's crewcut

taylor & i are going ballistic...i'm screaming at the top of my lungs, "great shot, brenden, way to go baby...washington high school shooter, let's do this baby, let it fly, let's do this"

brenden bounces the ball, inhales a deep breath & focuses in on his 2nd free throw...he deftly strokes the 2nd free throw & it also drops perfectly thru the basket...brenden glapion has got 2 points in the pac 12 tnt, he's in the history books & now the staff is also smiling broadly and telling the guys to get back on d

i'm still roaring like a golden bear saying lots of stupid **** & high fiving dr danger & his son along with everyone else in our vicinity...taylor & i hug and i almost see a mist of bay area fog in her beautiful green eyes, my daughter is alive & happy sharing a very special moment with her dad
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4412[/ATTACH]
(click for larger image of taylor cheesin it at our golf club in flagstaff)

the stars & the universe are all perfectly aligned at this point in time

as the cal players leave the court, i'm stilling relentlessly clapping & yelling at the tv sideline reporter "interview glapion, interview glapion, talk to the big guy, come on let's roll"...the players are looking at me smiling & i dunno maybe shaking their heads a little bit too because i'm such a dumb azz, we've all experienced & shared something bigger than the game of basketball

did i mention that taylor's dream school is the university of san francisco (she's gotta raise her gpa if that's gonna happen otherwise she's gonna be at her mom's school, asu) & that brenden grew up in san francisco?

brenden glapion=cable car baller

the magic of cal basketball#

taylor is very upset (just like her dad, i thoroughly enjoyed going to almost every game this year & watching this team/program evolve and lay down a solid foundation for the future) that the cal basketball season is over

taylor: "is the season over because the bald man in the suit won't play brenden glapion every game?"

after further analysis & introspection-taylor: "can i start going to bears football games with you too, is brenden also on the football team?''

yes, sweetie, brenden is the quarterback of the football team, ok?...he just plays under his super secret nickname, jared goff

created a monster#

so at taylor's insistence during our flight from scottsdale to the bay area for the banquet tonite, i wrote a check for $5,500 to sponsor brenden glapion on the australia trip (jay john is seeking $5,500 tax deductible donations per player to cover all expenses, 10+ players covered at this time)

taylor's logic: "dad, we don't want brenden left at home and missing the whole fun australia trip, right"

sure, sweetie

so out on the university club's balcony overlooking the shimmering bay with the sparkling downtown light's of san francisco & the golden gate bridge in the distance, i introduced the president of the brenden glapion fan club to her favorite player

brenden is considering law school including applying to boalt, stanford & a couple of other area schools...like me, glapion is a mutt of mixed ancestries...taylor thinks he's very polite (and cute) but also with a swagger about him

whatever
concordtom
Tell us some more bedtime stories, Shocky. I want to hear more about the event last last please. I went one year, sat next to Foti.
Shocky1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4567[/ATTACH]
click for larger image

cal basketball is truly multi generational

dad of the year#
89Bear
Shocky1;842488121 said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4567[/ATTACH]
click for larger image

cal basketball is truly multi generational

dad of the year#

Your pink shirt goes well with the sunset...
Bobodeluxe
All this time ...
concordtom
Pink!
It's the new Blue and Gold!

(SCT: "I can tell you this. I am going to be wearing pink more often. And you can call it fuchsia")
Jeff82
Shocky1;842488096 said:

the cal family came together at the university club high atop memorial stadium for the season celebration & awards on a spectacular bay area evening

in speaking with the coaches & players both taylor & i were both impressed by how sincere & humble yet passionately driven are our california golden bears

*****t-wall named the team mvp
*****david kravish named the team defensive mvp (career leader in blocked shots at cal)
*****nick hamilton awarded the pete newell trophy
*****stephen domingo (told coach webster he's gonna be the team defensive mvp next season) & cole welle won coach nico's s&c mvp awards

fallon smith, christopher's funny & charming wife, told me that i'm "an enabler" of taylor's overpriced fashionista wardrobe & coached up taylor re: savvy bargain shopping...she is 100% correct, i'm gonna work on that this offseason

meanwhile, everybody is totally on board coach martin's love train
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4566[/ATTACH]
cllick for larger image (my parisian shirt is fuchsia, not pink)

Shocky, time for a donation to the Cal band. But only if they learn to play Love Train and play it during the first time out of every home game in honor of Coach Martin.
Shocky1
jaylen, among your finalists who is your favorite s&c coach?...who is best going to help you develop your mind, body & skills for the nba?

real talk: you're gonna spend more time with your s&c coach than the head coach

cal family#
Big C
Shocky1;842488106 said:

huf told the group how he's leaving the cal basketball offices late at nite & twice in the last week or so he hears footsteps up to the gold gym (haas pavilion is currently undergoing the haas/goldman family's generous $10+million improvements) & it's roger relentlessly working on his game

coach hufnagel noted that when times are challenging for players, there's 2 very different directions a player's career can take at that point...rmd has taken the path of sweat & hard work

roger made a point of telling me "that all the guys appreciate your energy and support"...roger, you & your teammates along with prospective recruits have always been my targeted audience, from the bottom of my heart, merci beaucoup

the traveling bear#

Glad to see him "choosing to stay and fight" (if I may borrow an old quote from Patty Hearst). When he first signed up to be a Golden Bear, conventional wisdom was that he was going to bulk up and be an undersized-but-effective 4, like his brother was at UCLA. Let's say he continues to improve, where do the coaches currently see him contributing? Shutting down an opposing wing?
Shocky1
89Bear;842488133 said:

Your pink shirt goes well with the sunset...

some of you need to be schooled by socaltownie & maybe attend fashion week in milan
[video=youtube;_I93QlXMGdE][/video]
Shocky1

august 13th-depart san francisco, ivan hugs tami goodbye
august 14th-cross international dateline, roger shows everybody his well stamped up passport
august 15th-arrive melbourne, tour melbourne & meet shelias
august 16th-game #1
august 17th-tour old melbourne gaol, tyson tells t-wall that joeys got hops
august 18th-game #2
august 19th-depart for sydney, look for jordan's lost luggage
august 20th-game #3
august 21st-tour sydney, bail (k)rooks & the king out of jail
august 22nd-depart for brisbane, drive to gold coast, stephen sings showtunes on bus
august 23rd-game #4
august 24th-arrive in san francisco, huf visits with the parents of a key bears target in san mateo, a 3rd grader with a solid mid range game

down under#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;ceAR2klp1-4][/video]

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;RQSqJv0S_Jk][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]two seven foot body guards[/SIZE]

calumnus
Shocky1;842487817 said:

would love to see a foto of jc in the near future holding a cal diploma on graduation day, now that would make his mom smile

leaving berkeley without a degree is a dagger to the heart in terms of your future

Did his credits from Minnesota not transfer? After 5 years of college, all while making sufficient academic progress to stay eligible, if he does not have a degree he must be very, very close.
concordtom
HoopDreams;842488449 said:

[video=youtube;ceAR2klp1-4][/video]

Has anyone else noticed how many of these "highlight" tapes have fake audio dubbed over that includes applause, court chatter, and other associated sounds? It's hilarious, because the audio often gets repeated, like someone saying "rebound, rebound" or "give it to him"... it's like the video creator has a mixing device and they press a button to insert a sound at the right moment, not unlike radio jokesters do.
It helps create a "scene" on what would otherwise be a quiet gym for a closed practice.
concordtom
HoopDreams;842488453 said:

[SIZE=6]two seven foot body guards[/SIZE]

Can't wait to see what their listed heights are next year.
If KO is 7'1", Rooks must be 7'2"
How many college teams can boast that?
89Bear
concordtom;842488477 said:

Can't wait to see what their listed heights are next year.
If KO is 7'1", Rooks must be 7'2"
How many college teams can boast that?

That is a great photo!!! Now can we put Rabb in the photo as well and market to the entire area??? Bay Area Skyline...
GMP
concordtom;842488476 said:

Has anyone else noticed how many of these "highlight" tapes have fake audio dubbed over that includes applause, court chatter, and other associated sounds? It's hilarious, because the audio often gets repeated, like someone saying "rebound, rebound" or "give it to him"... it's like the video creator has a mixing device and they press a button to insert a sound at the right moment, not unlike radio jokesters do.
It helps create a "scene" on what would otherwise be a quiet gym for a closed practice.

I don't agree that the sounds are added in this video. Seems legit to me.
tsubamoto2001

There are actually people in the stands at that particular event (NBPA Top 100 Camp). Scouts, other campers, and various camp personnel mostly. The light applause isn't something you'd get at an event with fans in the stands. It'd be a lot louder.
petalumabear

Legit audio.
First Page Last Page
Page 184 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.