cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,279,252 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842452317 said:

you act like talking to yourself is kinda wrong or messed up or something

jordan mathews does it all the time

So did Rare Man.
Bobodeluxe
#1. I was under the impression that the new practice facility was a done deal. All glass on the north side of Haas, no?
��
concordtom
Shocky1;842452633 said:

attendance is the #2 challenge...i've met with ashwin puri & the game day director lauren carey to discuss ways to increase attendance...my top recommendation is that cal replicate san diego state's (the #1 school on the west coast for attendance) practice of allowing all students in free for all home games...i have been assured this will be considered for next season & i will be following up on this & other growth issues

Shocky, I've got a new one for you. For the past 2+ seasons, SoCal and I have been lauding the attendance strategy of SDSU. However, I have just learned of something that folks should be paying money for, to watch:

Shocky1;842452633 said:

the #1 challenge contributed to mike's retirement & is a source of concern/aggravation for the current staff...it should not be discussed publicly until it is resolved...mike williams has given me his word that it is a top priority for him to resolve with nicky d

Shocky1
love herbie's comment that he wants the sun devils to have the top free throw defense in the nation

i dunno, anything is possible in tempe, maybe the sun devils will get opponents to shoot free throws in the low 50%s

it's not like the asu students got better things to do with their time like reading books or **** like that

asu=harvard of the desert
asu academic reputation>>>>>>>>>>>>>>university of arizona academic reputation>>>pima county correctional facility academic reputation>>ged

did i mention that my current 1st wife kat is an asu grad with a masters degree from there too in something economically worthless?
concordtom
well, yeah, ASU sucks. We get that!
But the curtain of distraction is pretty good, you gotta admit.
We can top that!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]who is one of the best passers on Cal's team?[/SIZE]

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#000080"]Rep the Bay[/COLOR][/SIZE]
Shocky1
gotta love the hearts of the young dude in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot into the haas airspace, that mary was right behind his shoulders (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

moment of love#
let it fly#
ianbearnson
Bishop O'Dowd @ Berkeley HS Tuesday night at 7PM
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]ESPN 4 Star Freak Athlete [COLOR="#000080"]Davon Dillard[/COLOR] has Cal in his top 5[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;7zMQQ7Wf2Ug][/video]

concordtom
Shocky1;842452954 said:

gotta love the hearts of the young dude in the blue cal shirt in the center front row & the little girl in the white shirt in the 4th row from the top center advance signaling the game winning rainbow of dreams shot...they knew dwight was not alone when he released that arc de triomphe shot into the haas airspace, that mary was right behind his shoulders (as always)

http://pac-12.com/videos/recap-cal-mens-basketball-stuns-ucla-late-3-pointer

moment of love#
let it fly#

Check out Jabari's mom!
Now I know why he was late to switch with Tarwater on that play. HE wanted the game winner on the side where his mom was so she could watch.
Shocky1

Shocky1
ianbearnson;842452959 said:

Bishop O'Dowd @ Berkeley HS Tuesday night at 7PM

i dunno maybe coach martin & the staff like them berkeley yellowjackets?

or maybe they gonna go to the mcdonalds on university?...i'll bet you anything mr healthy nicodemus won't dine with them, no sir

this is cal basketball#
socaltownie
concordtom;842452881 said:

Shocky, I've got a new one for you. For the past 2+ seasons, SoCal and I have been lauding the attendance strategy of SDSU. However, I have just learned of something that folks should be paying money for, to watch:

Shocky has been paying attention and bringing it to the attention of people that can make a difference. I am particularly pleased that the shockster got past the dismissive "They are dumb azzez" or "they don't have an NBA team" or "They have time on their hands" arguments about SDSU attendence. All may be very true but also it is the case..."It is 70+ degrees today and the surf is waist high and tasty right now" "They have never drawn in football....ever" and "SDSU is actually a commuter school when you look at the percentage of students on campus and the number of students older than 21 attending".

#bringingvalue
#doinggood
#dropthepink
Shocky1
bears gotta play 40 minutes of defense, diamond plus one

sun devils (males, not females) smell bad too#
Shocky1
jonah, happy 17th birthday, mr future ocean league mvp/best scoring 2 on the west coast/key cal 2016 recruiting target

the bears are gonna need you to make buckets, do you wanna do that at the #1 public university in the world?

your brother loves you & wants to play his senior season with you both wearing blue & gold...mom & dad would like that too if that's your dream, it's 100% your decision

i dunno, maybe you could crash sometimes with jordan at the basketball house but don't forget oscar is gonna need a dorm roommate for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

17#
Shocky1
insightful breakdown of the usc storming the court scene as haas pavilion by mike vernon...check out the clip of coach webster doing the happy dance, he's a couple feet left of center court...i gave coach a quick shoulder hug that nite (definitely didn't dance with him, no that did not happen)

storming newell court, that **** is fun

http://blog.sfgate.com/cal/2015/02/06/gifs-looking-at-tyrone-wallaces-shot-and-the-ensuing-celebration/

where were you (do you got tixs for oregon & oregon state)?#
let it fly#
Shocky1
live life & roar like a bear at the final 2 home games vs oregon & oregon state (watching the bears on tv like a dull zombie is no fun, no fun at all)

where's waldo#
Shocky1
ivan rabb scored 16 points including another 3 pointer (coach martin wants young ivee to be multiple) as the #9 nationally ranked bishop o'dowd dragons out fashioned them berkeley yellowjackets 72-54

kinda wondering if tami is gonna make a tasty late nite snack of mac & cheese for ivan & tamarik when they get home

home cookin'#
Jeff82
Shocky, maybe this is getting too far into family dynamics, and if so, just say so, but why is Jonah going to Santa Monica High when his Dad is coaching at Riverside City College, at least that's what I thought. Are his parents divorced? Also, apparently there's extra security planned for the Samohi/Beverly Hills game, because of fears of interschool fighting.
Shocky1
Jeff82;842453656 said:

Shocky, maybe this is getting too far into family dynamics, and if so, just say so, but why is Jonah going to Santa Monica High when his Dad is coaching at Riverside City College, at least that's what I thought. Are his parents divorced? Also, apparently there's extra security planned for the Samohi/Beverly Hills game, because of fears of interschool fighting.

while a couple of the bears are from divorced/deceased parent families, jonah & jordan mathews are the pride & joy of margie & phil mathews

the mathews family moved to santa monica which worked geographically well when phil was an assistant coach for ben howland at ucla in westwood from 2010-2013

in other related news kim k has made it very clear to me that she's gonna dump kanye for kayne jr (me) primarily because of my sincere interest in shopping & going to yoga with her plus she's agreed to caddie & carry my golf bag on future trips

yeah, kim k is gonna be at all the bears games next season...and that dumb azz ivan thought he was gonna get all the attention

right

cal family#
Shocky1
oscar frayer scored 19 points including 2 3 pointers & 5-8 fts and teammate damari milstead scored 22 points as the moreau catholic mariners capsized the james logan colts 80-62

"i was always taught to put others before myself that's just the way moms raised me"
-oscar frayer

mom matters#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842340685 said:

"win as many basketball games as possible by recruiting low gpa/character non student athletes who engage in criminal behavior, steal/fight both on and off the court and also assault women as long as they don't make any meaningful academic progress while in eugene"

this is oregon basketball#
just do it#

it is truly remarkable that after all the truly disgraceful acts during the past 2 years that oregon players would still be getting in trouble...non student athlete/starter jordan bell (academically ineligible out of high school at long beach poly) was recently cited for harassing a police offer re: a parking ticket & was suspended by criminal dana altman for only 1 game (a home game vs washington state)

dana altman is more interested in winning than teaching his players any life lessons...despite the nba dreams sold by altman & fellow sleazeball tony stubblefield, the ducks aren't putting anybody in the league under altman which just leaves their ballers without diplomas or best case scenario, a worthless degree from an academically mediocre university which is real helpful if your life goals include becoming a nite shift manager at a truck stop in medford & eventually marrying a lot lizard

there are pluses with every pac 12 program but the only team i actively root against every game is oregon, these guys are truly on the road to hell...just to be real clear, this is not an indictment against the entire university of oregon, no it is a justified criticism against the cess pool basketball sewage system operated by criminal dana altman
Shocky1
jordan ford scored 26 points as the folsom bulldogs were taken to the no kill shelter by the woodcreek timberwolves 60-57
Shocky1
Shocky1;842449837 said:

check out the final 20 seconds of this video for a wonderfully insightful interview with ben kone (not to be confused with kanyae) after he scored 17 points in mitty's 61-42 victory vs st francis
[video=youtube;JbYeJ9eEY0o][/video]

did he really attribute the win to "the line of energy transfer?"

ben is 1000% an ideal cal fit with his enlightened view of life...dude is in touch with his inner feelings & the larger universe, he's clearly a product of great parenting...i feel his positive energy & confidence, the importance of the cerebral vortex is undeniable

i dunno but ben kone might be one of them alpha males that the cal basketball program gotta get for team chemistry

namastae#

ben kone scored 16 points as the archbishop mitty monarchs were land fueded 72-46 by the serra padres

apparently "the line of energy transfer" wasn't working last nite

i dunno maybe ben needs to spend less time next summer developing basketball skills with the oakland soldiers & more time at the new age enlightenment retreat at the land of enchantment resort in sedona

salute#
Jeff82
Wow, Santa Monica to Riverside is a hell of a commute. Or perhaps Phil is splitting his week between home and campus. He's a good coach, and I'm sorry his gig at USF didn't work out better. That's a tougher coaching job than Cal, especially with the rise of St. Mary's.
Shocky1
i dunno maybe t-wall better help beyonce with her spelling, we not called "kale"

beyonce is a dumb azz#
Shocky1

left to right, jordan "in san francisco" mathews, dwight "the renaissance man" tarwater, sammy "grand larceny" singer, jabari "let's board & block shots" bird, david "nite post moves" kravish & tyrone "love it" wallace

props to cal's s&c guru mr nicodemus christopher, the better conditioned, the mentally tougher team won tonite

nobody outworked the bears this offseason, that resilience is now tangibly paying off with victories in close games

sitting behind the bears bench (thx jj) with assistant director of basketball operations terrance crump jr's mother in law debbie, jerry a childhood friend of cuonzo martin & marco harris in east st louis, brian raney & cal tailbck/denver broncos pro bowler cj anderson, there was a sense of confidence from the coaches & players that did not exist during the dark ages earlier this season

great to see singer smiling on the court (it's just a game played with your best friends), roger 100% compete on the defensive end & the king learn a few school lessons from the talented josh scott

beyonce is right, it's easy to be crazy in love with these california golden bears...are you gonna get your tixs for the oregon and/or oregon state battles at haas pavilion & share in the 2015 cal basketball experience?

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1

sat tonite next to jerry, a childhood friend of coach martin from growing up together in the east st louis housing projects back in the day at the coors event center in boulder during the bears mentally tough victory on the road

jerry told me that coach was a way too tall catcher in junior league baseball & that he would trash talk (but with zero profanity) to the hitters the entire game...young cuonzo would relentlessly say stuff like "this guy got no bat, he's gonna strike out again" to jerry every time he was batting

he also told me that everyone respected & feared coach martin's mom sandra, she raised her kids with love & discipline...jerry told me getting on the wrong side of ms sandra was not a smart move

life lessons#
Shocky1
cal tailback cj anderson gotta a humble attitude & isn't widely recognized (yet) but that doesn't mean he don't like messing with folks just a little bit

tonite he's walking with brian raney on the upper concourse of colorado's coors events center when cj sees a guy wearing a denver broncos jersey...cj is wearing cal gear & fist bumps the dude telling him "nice jersey"...the guy says "thanks," he's got no idea he just got a compliment from the broncos 2015 pro bowl running back

cj grew up in a rough part of vallejo & then attended laney junior college in oakland before becoming a california golden bear...anderson' got ambition & now he's living the dream

yeah, cal's a dream school regardless of your socioeconomic background...the #1 ranked PUBLIC university in the world offers opportunities to those from all walks of life as long as they got ambition...without ambition, you got nothing

Shocky1

"they understand what we're trying to do at the level we're trying to do it...beating a team of this magnitude with passion and energy in that arena, it was great for the guys in our program"
-coach martin
HoopDreams
[SIZE=3]Bears didn't make excuses...they just worked harder
Bears didn't listen to the doubters...they listened to their coach
Bears stood behind each other...that's what Fam means

5 game winning streak[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]assassin[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#ff33ff"]pretty in pink...
athletic, talented and smart too[/COLOR][/SIZE]

[SIZE=3][COLOR="#ff00cc"]Cal beats UCLA (even without Boyd)[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
there is something very unifying, very romantic about traveling to faraway hostile enemy venues with your team

the crowds sometimes outnumber you & your team 10,000 to 20...every stolen pass, every thunderous block, every drilled 3 pointer by them results in ear numbing roars that shake the floor of their arena...it's easy to give in to weakness, to crumble under pressure

yet your guys stay together, they don't play perfect basketball, that's not possible & that's not gonna happen...but they play with poise & passion and there's a real sense of confidence in one another when it really matters, the final 5 minutes of the game, that's when these bears shine

yeah, these 2015 california golden bears are truly road warriors with tenacious victories in reno, fresno, seattle, pullman, boulder & most significantly on the biggest stage on earth, madison square garden in new york city

alone again or#

Shocky1
Shocky1;842451890 said:

j kidd (shown above wearing a haute couture purple linen dress short) has signed jorge gutierrez to a 2nd 10 day contract & told his inner circle that it is his preference that jorge remain with the bucks for the remained of the current nba season

as t-wall knows, jorge is a former pac 12 mvp & cal graduate with a degree, he's set for life

men take care of their business#

"he (gutierrez) has been doing everything we have asked on and off the court"
-jason kidd
First Page Last Page
Page 150 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.