cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,284,439 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR]Ivan Rabb and the Bishop O'Dowd Dragons in the California State Championship game vs powerhouse and 3 times defending State champs Mater Dei

Because of usual circumstances the huge game was at Cal's Haas Pavillion

Ivan Rabb with the MUST GET rebound and putback (getting fouled)

Setting up the chance for the game winning shot[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]the rest is history
...and some would say fate[/SIZE]
GoldenBear1
Had lunch at the Ol' Yeller Cafe today.

Great special on the chalk board, grilled chicken and bacon w/avocado sandwhich.

It says only on the menu until 4:30pm so might not be able to get it tonight...
Shocky1

i dunno, kinda looks like sean miller needs to quit eating them glazed donuts for breakfast

sean miller is cracking under the pressure of expectations from an unhappy fan base for his failure to utilize his elite recruiting talent to actually win big basketball games with a basketball on the basketball court with basketball players

"finally to the people that try to make us feel like our season was a failure...go cheer for asu!#bear down"
-sean miller

jeff goodman is reporting that coach miller keyed the cars of a couple of upset fans in the parking lot of mckale that were protesting the wildcats failure (again) to make the final four

i dunno, sean probably should start developing a yoga practice this week, he's not in a good place either physically or mentally

tuscon is a dump#
antipattern
Hi Shocky!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you before, but I think you're doing the "hashtag" thing incorrectly. The hash character should go before the phrase, which is then generally written without spaces. I.e., #tusconisadump. Just thought you'd want to know.

You're welcome!
south bender
antipattern;842481143 said:

Hi Shocky!

I don't know if anyone has mentioned this to you before, but I think you're doing the "hashtag" thing incorrectly. The hash character should go before the phrase, which is then generally written without spaces. I.e., #tusconisadump. Just thought you'd want to know.

You're welcome!

antipattern,

You must be just one more dumbazz to imagine that Shocky lives by the rules that we dumbazzes observe.
parentswerebears
Weallaredumbazzez#
OzoneTheCat
allyourdumbazzbelongztouz#
Big C
Mr. Frumble;842480928 said:

Here is the boxscore from their loss to CIA Bounce on Saturday:

http://www.d1circuit.com/game/show/10197980?referrer=1642463

Apparently Dana Altman, Tony Bennett, Scott Drew, and Johnny Dawkins were among those in attendance.

And here is their roster:

http://www.d1circuit.com/page/show/1642463-oakland-soldiers-ca-?subseason=209505

A glance at the roster reveals a classic name: Remy Martin!

Also: I'd like to see us get Ben Kone next year, I think.
Shocky1
Big C_Cal;842481171 said:

ben kone is a special talent that needs to work as hard in the classrom as he does on the basketball court
petalumabear
Big C_Cal;842481171 said:

Ben Kone could be our Caleb Swanigan replacement in 2016..
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842383084 said:

good evening ladies & gentlemen, i'm sir william shocky shakeyspeare & welcome to english 23, the study of the oakland super hero...i'm substituting for professor dr kelly thompson as she is away getting a brazilian wax in preparation for the san francisco opera's magnificient production of la boheme but i digress...tonight's seminar will focus on the words and the meaning behind those words with respects to oakland super hero, mr ivan rabb

let us examine the most recent comments by mr rabb regarding the arizona basketball program

"they told me that they feel like that they have everything as a program that i need to reach my goals"

one must wonder how the arizona coaching staff thinks an academically mediocre education from the university of arizona and it's 2014 88% acceptance rate will help mr rabb achieve his future real estate development goals...do they think he wants to be a shift supervisor at the chipotle on country club or a costco shelf stocking manager in marana?

it is also worth noting that the arizona program never talks about giving back to the community and helping those less fortunate...becoming a wildcat is apparently restricted to the myopic values system that it's all about basketball players playing basketball with a basketball on the basketball court

"showed me a lot of clips of aaron gordon and derrick williams and how they utilized them and how i could make a similar impact"

interesting to note that mr miller did not show any clips of former bishop o'dowd superstar brandon ashley who has not developed as expected in tuscon...earlier comments from ryan anderson, chance comanche, caleb swanigan & steven zimmerman reveal that they have been show the exact same clips and promised the same glorious utilization and false nba dreams of stardom

"they told me that they fly on charter flights and how it would be easier to get home instead of waiting in an airport to be able to get to class the next morning"

did mr miller also explain that most airlines don't fly nonstop to tuscon without a stop first at the phoenix airport because it's a second rate city?

"it's (the relationship with the arizona staff) gotten a lot better since i told them i wanted to visit (on an official trip)"

this is clearly a manipulative and dysfunctional relationship...mr miller and his staff's interest in mr rabb is limited to whatever he can do for them on the basketball court with a basketball...as long as he acquiesces to their demands, he will be in favor with them

"i talked to aaron gordon...he told me to at least take a visit and that i would have the time of my life...he said i wouldn't want to leave...he said every game is on tv, the fans are the best in the country and that every game is a sell out"

this is predictable advice from a non student athlete baller who had zero interest in academics and/or business development skills during his 8 months in tuscon...it is possible that mr gordon doesn't even realize that there is a university component of the arizona basketball program

in summary, one can only conclude that arizona is an academically mediocre school with a successful basketball program and that tuscon is a dump with streets that go nowhere

i will be more than happy to visit with any of you during office hours but mostly this comment is directed at the curvy brunette with the good wheels sitting in the 7th row...yes, i'm talking about you, don't make me growl like a bear

good evening

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

kinda wondering if fast rising 2016 big ike anigbogu (19 rebounds for the compton magic in the opening weekend of aau ball) from corona centennial (which is developing a pipeline to the cal football program) which is also maybe gonna be an arizona vs cal recruiting battle thinks tuscon is a dump?

we attack#

tuscon is a dump (really)#
Shocky1
marshawn

shocky

ivan (with apologies to asha thomas & paris austin)

http://vimeo.com/45797764

50 year friendships#
socaltownie
Please just stop. I get your passion for this program but stop. Or segregate the thread - so your "thing" in one place and then the stupid posts about Tuscon dumpiness in another. I love hearing who our targets are and how they are doing in their HS games. I hate that essentially 200 pages in this thread are basically punted back in your face...or will be when it essentially came down to "dude wants to play with other elite players he knows" and not anything else that 99.9% of american youth think about when it comes to college choice.
HoopDreams

[COLOR="#0000CD"][/COLOR][SIZE=7][/SIZE][FONT=Arial Black][/FONT]Rep the Bay
Shocky1
socaltownie;842481330 said:

Please just stop. I get your passion for this program but stop. Or segregate the thread - so your "thing" in one place and then the stupid posts about Tuscon dumpiness in another. I love hearing who our targets are and how they are doing in their HS games. I hate that essentially 200 pages in this thread are basically punted back in your face...or will be when it essentially came down to "dude wants to play with other elite players he knows" and not anything else that 99.9% of american youth think about when it comes to college choice.

sorry you're not my targeted audience, never have been...you should put me on "ignore" (if that's possible)...adios

HaloBear
Someday, we'll be able to assemble a monster class out of a couple decades worth of this thread.

Furk.
HoopDreams
[FONT=Impact][COLOR="#0000FF"][/COLOR][SIZE=7][video][/video][/SIZE][/FONT]

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]ESPN College Basketball Home Page...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[FONT=Microsoft Sans Serif][SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"]"I felt the most at home. I felt like it was family from day one"[/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1;842481342 said:

sorry you're not my targeted audience, never have been...you should put me on "ignore" (if that's possible)...adios

Your target audience does not read this thread.
Big C
NYCGOBEARS;842481568 said:

Your target audience does not read this thread.

How about a "Go Bears!" all around! Can't we all just get along? Even for one night? Wait until we win the Rose Bowl this next January: We will probably celebrate by all eating each other...
Shocky1

epic#
Shocky1

diamonds are forever#
Shocky1

the magic of haas#
going4roses
whew
NYCGOBEARS
Big C_Cal;842481683 said:

How about a "Go Bears!" all around! Can't we all just get along? Even for one night? Wait until we win the Rose Bowl this next January: We will probably celebrate by all eating each other...

Go Bears!
LVBear
:gobears::gobears::gobears:
93gobears
It's nice when you put something in your back pocket, you know it's there, and when the time is right you get to pull it out.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842471845 said:

jaylen brown, a 6'7" 215 lbs wing from wheeler hs in georgia & the #2 ranked player in the 2015 class unofficially & quietly visited the university of california, berkeley this sunday & monday at his own expense...dude's athletic skills are off the charts, if you told me he could fly i would believe you
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm1.jpeg" />[/IMG]

brown played against bishop o'dowd this season & ivan tried to get him to visit cal along with davon dillard, caleb swanigan & himself for the oregon state senior day weekend...he knows both ivan & caleb from the team usa that won the world championship in dubai

jaylen has taken official visits to kentucky, kansas, michigan, ucla & north carolina along with his unofficial visits to cal, georgia & georgia tech

berkeley, california is truly the midnite city

"i want to get the most out of college...so i'm thinking schools that can get the most out of me and which schools i can get the most out of them...i took a visit out there...i talked to ivan...that's pretty much the only person i talked to before i went out there...i liked the visit...it's a nice place, berkeley...great education and borderline geniuses at cal berkeley and i think i could fit in...i have a lot of things to think about but cal if definitely on my list'
-jaylen brown to evan daniels

shine bright#

taylor noticed at the nike hoop summit in portland that jaylen & ivan communicated the most of all the team usa players during warm ups & that they also sat besides each other on the bench several times, the 2 got chemistry with each other

defensively brown was the best defensive player in the game disrupting passing lanes with his length & high basketball iq...during the pre game shoot both he & luke kennard displayed stunning long range accuracy...brown unselfishly shares the ball & aggressively moves without the ball, something that was kinda irrelevant in this game with ball hog allonzo trier not looking for his teammates & jacking up low percentages bricks

jaylen has told the staff he intends to make his college decision by the end of april...the bears are gonna be a serious player for his signature

[video=youtube;LEYujwxAPDU][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
First Page Last Page
Page 177 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.