cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,653 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
sluggo_Cal
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842515544 said:

warning: do not watch this video if you have any heart conditions

That video is outrageous. He reminds me of no one. Maybe some parts of Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, and Lamar Odom, but I did not see any of them until they were seniors. I saw Lebron at the RSF at a similar age, but he stood out more for his all court game, which was out of this world, than his athleticism (at least to me). He is a year old for his grade, will graduate at 19, so maybe he will re-classify to 2017.

Sluggo
LudwigsFountain
sluggo_Cal;842515550 said:

That video is outrageous. He reminds me of no one. Maybe some parts of Kevin Garnett, Tracy McGrady, and Lamar Odom, but I did not see any of them until they were seniors. I saw Lebron at the RSF at a similar age, but he stood out more for his all court game, which was out of this world, than his athleticism (at least to me). He is a year old for his grade, will graduate at 19, so maybe he will re-classify to 2017.

Sluggo

That video clears up one thing. Apparently the NBA can't draft you out of middle school
SFBearz
Shocky1;842515410 said:

the california golden bears staff with huf as the lead recruiter are the 1st major school to actively target miles norris, a 6'8" 180 lbs 2018 big wing from mater dei catholic in chula vista

miles got size 15 feet & is expected to grown a couple more inches...he is smooth with interior dunks, an accurate mid range game & 3 point shooting skills and most importantly, a very high basketball iq which is a coveted trait by the staff...defensively norris uses his elite length to close out on defenders

the gameplan right now is to get miles on campus for an unofficial visit in the very near future

yeah, a 2018 class of marvin bagley iii, jordan brown & miles norris with elijah hardy distributing/facilitating would be the cornerstones of a ncca championship team

let's do this#:gobears:

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

Cal is doing well for Norris, Brown, and Hardy. Bagley is not too realistic: Duke, Kentucky, Az, Asu with a shot.
Shocky1
SFBearz;842515569 said:

Cal is doing well for Norris, Brown, and Hardy. Bagley is not too realistic: Duke, Kentucky, Az, Asu with a shot.

sfbearz, you bleed blue & gold and i respect that but the scouting services you are reading for 2nd hand indirect information have built in biases that was clearly reflected in their continued reporting that them diamonds ivan rabb & jaylen brown wouldn't ultimately end up in berkeley until they did

ruh roh

trust me, bagley's dad isn't confiding in jeff goodman, etc....i have better sources than them when it comes to cal basketball recruiting
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal football will field (again) one of the top offenses in the nation
get ready[/SIZE]

Shocky1

a key component of the cal summer bridge program for the bears incoming basketball players is an educational seminar re: the hot-crazy matrix with respects to females

sure hope roman, jaylen & ivan take a lot of notes

SFBearz
Shocky1;842515603 said:

sfbearz, you bleed blue & gold and i respect that but the scouting services you are reading for 2nd hand indirect information have built in biases that was clearly reflected in their continued reporting that them diamonds ivan rabb & jaylen brown wouldn't ultimately end up in berkeley until they did

ruh roh

trust me, bagley's dad isn't confiding in jeff goodman, etc....i have better sources than them when it comes to cal basketball recruiting

In recruiting all info is second hand and as for Bagley, Duke, Kentucky and Arizona "insiders" are saying the same as you about their chances. They were not saying that about Rabb and nobody had a clue about Brown.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Markuri was one of the best leaders I've seen on the basketball court
and that hook shot was unstoppable
one of my all-time fav players[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;NIcL5lUPfLU][/video]

Shocky1
SFBearz;842515616 said:

In recruiting all info is second hand and as for Bagley, Duke, Kentucky and Arizona "insiders" are saying the same as you about their chances. They were not saying that about Rabb and nobody had a clue about Brown.

you have the unique ability to include multiple inaccurate statements in 2 sentences but that's ok, we're not here to judge, we're all california golden bears fans

more importantly, sfbearz, do you got your season tix(s) for upcoming season at haas pavilion?...are you gonna help create off the charts insane energy at games & a true homecourt advantage?
KenBurnski
Thanks for the nudge, Shockster. Season tix for two have been ordered. Go Bears!
Shocky1
KenBurnski;842515623 said:

Thanks for the nudge, Shockster. Season tix for two have been ordered. Go Bears!

ken, that's awesome news, ivan was pretty excited when he heard about your tangible support of the cal basketball program

let's do this#
Shocky1
sfbearz, it has never been reported by any of the scouting services but ivan rabb accompanied jaylen brown throughout jb's unofficial visit to cal on march 22, 2015

the scouting services didn't know about either brown's clandestine unofficial visit to berkeley or rabb's recruiting on behalf of the bears...they just continued to inaccurately report them diamonds leaning towards the basketball factories

shine bright#
50 year friendships#
SFBearz
Shocky1;842515629 said:

sfbearz, it has never been reported by any of the scouting services but ivan rabb accompanied jaylen brown throughout jb's unofficial visit to cal on march 22, 2015

the scouting services didn't know about either brown's clandestine unofficial visit to berkeley or rabb's recruiting on behalf of the bears...they just continued to inaccurately report them diamonds leaning towards the basketball factories

shine bright#
50 year friendships#

True on Brown, except the connected ones at scout/rivals pretty much all had Rabb at least leaning to Cal as did the Arizona sites. Anyway, to even be in the mix for Bagley is a great sign.
Shocky1
BC Calfan;842515222 said:

Rooks looks borderline skinny! Way to go Kameron and Nic! Excited to him this season, could be the x factor.

k(rook) looked physically fit at the cal basketball banquet...coach christopher told me that his relentless work with the s&c program has resulted in him now weighing 268 lbs with a targeted weight of 265 lbs after weighing near 300 lbs in high school...rooks can now dunk the ball

kam is a special talent, sean miller extended an actionable arizona offer to rooks with the stipulation that he would need to redshirt his 1st season in tucson to begin the necessary physical makeover...mike montgomery's actionable offer included an opportunity to play as a true freshman which was a factor in the rooks family commitment to cal

bc calfan, agreed that kam could be the x factor this season...cal needs someone who can physically bang with arizona's zeus & utah's poeltl under the basket in order for the bears to successfully compete with the wildcats & the utes

but make no mistake about it my respect for kameron rooks extends far beyond his significant basketball upside... he's a true student athlete, a great teammate that is coachable & just a big kid at heart

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842514516 said:

[video=youtube;7SciaV0JRzg][/video]

exclusive foto of jaylen's bed at home, no wonder jb wanna bed upgrade in them cal dorms

the struggle#

exclusive foto of jaylen's cal dorm room, he is adjusting & trying to get more sleep
Shocky1
"charity will never reduce one's wealth"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Members of the Cal Bears basketball team participated in the re-opening of the Santa Fe Union park in Richmond, California

Jabari Bird, who went to High School in Richmond, spoke at the event and was interviewed by KRON TV saying there wasn't always a safe place for kids to play basketball in the area[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]This was a community revitalization project with [COLOR="#006400"]For Richmond[/COLOR], a non-profit org who contributed to and organized the park revitalization project, with several businesses donating funds and local unions donating labor, and a lot of volunteers helping

this was the space before the project:[/SIZE]

PtownBear1
Great group of kids. Whose that in the middle with the gray Cal shirt?
parentswerebears
Roman Davis.
SFBearz
Shocky1;842515622 said:

you have the unique ability to include multiple inaccurate statements in 2 sentences but that's ok, we're not here to judge, we're all california golden bears fans

more importantly, sfbearz, do you got your season tix(s) for upcoming season at haas pavilion?...are you gonna help create off the charts insane energy at games & a true homecourt advantage?

You have the unique ability to flatter yourself. There is nothing inaccurate.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]the monster incoming class can elevate the team to grand heights, kinda like super charging an engine...
...but there is no doubt in my mind that the success of the season depends on the Vets[/SIZE]

SFBearz
HoopDreams;842515761 said:

[SIZE=5]Members of the Cal Bears basketball team participated in the re-opening of the Santa Fe Union park in Richmond, California

Jabari Bird, who went to High School in Richmond, spoke at the event and was interviewed by KRON TV saying there wasn't always a safe place for kids to play basketball in the area[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]This was a community revitalization project with [COLOR="#006400"]For Richmond[/COLOR], a non-profit org who contributed to and organized the park revitalization project, with several businesses donating funds and local unions donating labor, and a lot of volunteers helping

this was the space before the project:[/SIZE]

Great to see!
Shocky1
"smart move young ivee always good to check in with mom"
-coach martin

[video=youtube;YxifBKwBupU][/video]

call moms today#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842511138 said:

why is oscar frayer putting in all this hard work both in the classroom (the bears staff has clearly outlined the academic expectations) & on the basketball court?

"no ones going to love you like your mama.."

"focused on a million cash, that's the vision#rest in peace dad"
-oscar frayer

oscar, your academic ambition will open a lot of doors for you in life, let's do this

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay)

salute#
frank knight's mariners#

oscar frayer is focusing on summer school & not traveling with the oakland soldiers to several national tournaments (although he did play for team arsenal in a tournament in san francisco recently) as he unleashes his academic ambition

"c's get you degrees, a's get you paid"
-oscar frayer

Shocky1
the bears staff has offered daejon davis, a 6'3" 175 lbs top 50 in the 2017 class from the lakeside school in seattle & the seattle aau rotary team

davis is a 2 that can flat our score the ball along with exceptional vision & an unselfish passer...he can knock down 3 pointers along with attacking the basket & his high motor projects him to be an exceptional defender

daejon has indicated that his collegiate criteria will include academics, coaching staff, environment, playing style & future teammates...local washington & washington state have also offered

yeah, even kayne is mentioning (kinda) daejon davis in his lyrics

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1

ambition#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842512474 said:

the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014/2015 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9,135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) washington-6,398
7) oregon-6,209
8) arizona state-5,985
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their tremendous potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,000+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#

update: we currently have 1,100+ new season tickets full deposits & it's only july...the currently state of the art $10,000,000+ renovations (thank you haas/goldman family) haas pavillion will be opened to season tix(s) depositers on sunday august 30th & monday august 31st for seat selection(s) with the specific day & time to be determined by cal priority points

with already strong renewal retention numbers & 1,100+ deposits on new seat purchases from truly passionate fans, there's no reason we can't average 10,000-11,000 fans per game at haas pavilion with insane energy & noise during the upcoming potentially epic season of california golden bears basketball

are you gonna call 1-800 gobears this week to check out your options & truly become a part of the magic of cal basketball?

let's do this

the time is now#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842442610 said:

this morning i met with ashwin puri, associate athletic director & lauren carey, director of fan experience, to review & strategize re: fan attendance marketing at haas pavilion for the cal basketball program

they graciously & energetically shared with me the details & specifics of the current cal marketing programs in place & also researched at my request the san diego state basketball program's fan based attendance efforts...lauren completed a fact finding information conference call with sdsu's director of athletic marketing & ticket sales manager earlier this week in preparation for today's meeting with me

a couple of key points emerged from our meeting:

*****ashwin will strongly consider my request to allow all cal students free admission to all cal basketball games next season...sdsu, which is the only west coast team in the top 40 of ncca attendance does not charge its students anything to attend its home games...in this era of costly students loans there are a lot of students that cannot afford the annual $55 student basketball pass...we need to create a younger fan base & this will require that we get students to cal games at haas...the ticket revenues from students this year is only around $30k, we need to forego those monies & make an investment for the future in developing student loyalty to the bears basketball program for future season tixs sales & donor development...if only 1 cal student kills it with a high tech start up & then donates to the program, this investment in the students will pay for itself a thousand times over

*****cal basketball needs to be branded as a product where absolutely everyone is welcome at haas pavilion...cal is the greatest public university in the world, our fans should reflect that public base...marketing efforts should not just be focused on cal alums, anybody can & should be a cal fan...we talked about ways to reach bay area youth groups for greater crowd noise & introduction to cal basketball

*****our coaches & player need to become stronger ambassadors of the cal basketball program...often our players try to fly under the radar, they do not tell other students they are on the team, they are trying to fit in seamlessly...they need to encourage other students to attend games & explain how the energy of the fan base impacts the game...coaches also need to have hundreds of tixs on their person at all time for giveaways at various community functions

*****i expressed my feedback that the bears play their best when the football team sits behind the basket wearing their jerseys, it raises the alpha male factor by 1000x

lauren (who grew up going to georgia football games, she totally gets it what we are trying to achieve) & ashwin are young, energetic & ambitious and both are very open minded...i am looking forward to working with them in the future in moving forward the cal attendance #s to higher levels

and yeah, i broke 80 this afternoon at san francisco golf club

did i also mention that coach christopher has promised me (again) that yoga classes will be incorporated as part of the s&c progam this offseason?

together we attack#

update (since the above january 23rd meeting with ashwin puri & lauren carey):
ashwin told me "we are going to stick with the $55 student ticket and then cheap single game tickets...working out the details nows...but it will be affordable and we will be very promotions heavy...this teams looks amazing"

re: the seat selection dates: "we want our fans coming in to see the new scoreboard and new offerings when they select their new seats"
Shocky1
OaktownBear;842515380 said:

Ok which one of you jokers has been calling Shocky claiming to be Ivan Rabb?

oaktown, jay john told me "the kids personally called each donor...they had more fun than they thought they would in making the calls...too bad ivan missed you"

this **** is getting live

ivan, next time you call why don't you leave your dumb azz phone # so i can call you back so we can talk about your boy elijah hardy or better yet, just send me one of them tasty plates of johnny coltrane's chicken wings or something from the ol' yeller cafe? :headbang

http://vimeo.com/45797764

50 year friendships#
Shocky1

let's be real here, the president of the brenden glapion fan club told me tonite that she's upset & disappointed that she hasn't got a phone call from brenden thanking her for talking me into donating the $5,500 for the player trip sponsorship with her persuasive rhetoric "wouldn't it be sad if brenden doesn't get to go to australia with the team because we don't help sponsor him on the trip?"

yeah, she also told me that "you'll be dead to me" if you post this

sorry sweetie
[ATTACH=CONFIG]4567[/ATTACH]
click for larger image

shut up, dad#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;UVDd8qHQM1Q][/video]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]dream school? "Cal Berkeley"[/SIZE]
[/COLOR]

HoopDreams

HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842513334 said:

"it's an amazing school (oregon), it's a great place to live, the coach is a great guy and they play team ball"
-trevor stanback (2016 recruit)

trevor, are you serious or what?...are you gonna do your homework on your collegiate options?
http://bearinsider.com/forums/showthread.php?62260-cal-s-monster-class/page474

don't be a dumb azz#

"oregon, i just talked with the coaches...they sound like a great school, a great program"
-jayce johnson

jayce, you got a 4.0 gpa, you're a really, really smart guy
First Page Last Page
Page 209 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.