cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,730 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
good luck to cameron oliver on his commitment to nevada

cameron was heavily recruited out of grant high school (sacramento) by gregg gottlieb until it became clear that his academics made him not a cal fit

so oliver signed with oregon state when gregg took a job with their staff but he never qualified so he went to junior college before making a commitment to the wolfpack

gottlieb told me oliver is a good kid with a high upside, only question mark athletically is his motor, sometimes takes plays off

homework matters (you gotta turn off your tv/twitter/social media devices & limit any video gaming) if you wanna achieve all your dreams in life...yeah, i'm talking to you, oscar & tyson...did you listen/watch the ivan & jaylen welcome to cal vidoes?...they articulate their laser focus on school & basketball within the context of the cal basketball family...how badly do you want all of this, what's in your heart?

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
coach martin recently offered point guard jaquori mclaughlin, a 6'3" 175 lbs top 50 in the 2016 class from peninsula high school in gig harbor, washington

the combo scorer & passer with exceptional decision making skills was originally an oregon state commitment & then later a washington commit before reopening his recruitment...he currently intends to officially visit academically mediocre arizona (the discovery of finding out that tucson is a dump) & gonzaga (he acknowledges he would sit on the bench behind nigel williams-goss his freshman year)

jaquori, like jordan ford (they are the top 2 point guards in the 2016 class on the cal big board at this time), is an academically strong student with stanford potentially offering after he receives his sat scores

"i have a winner's mentality...i want to win every game i go into, just compete every day and make myself better...also being a leader for my teammates, being a vocal leader (are you listening, t-wall?) and helping my teammates get better"
-jaquori mclaughlin

securing a visit from jaquori & his family is a major priority for the bears staff with respects to cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) with current commits oscar frayer & tyson jolly

50 year decision#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
Shocky1

"the greatest technique is no technique: be like water"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/5Z1TEwOV8o

en fuego#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Courtney Range[/COLOR] is one of the Cal Bears representing her Country somewhere in the world
In this case, at the 2015 World University Games in Canada

Courtney and her Team USA won the gold medal
[SIZE=6]Congrates![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Shocky1

art history 269: advanced study of the curvy yoga brunette in modern works

summer bridge at the #1 public university in the world ends on friday august 7th...finish strong

let's do this

my favorite class at cal#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842514028 said:

Dear Shocky,

How are you?

I am fine.

Thank you for the confidential recruiting information that the #1 ranked public university in the world is actively targeting Las Vegas high schoolers Troy Brown Jr, Greg Floyd Jr and Charles O'Bannon Jr as part of Cal's Touch the Sky Class (2017).

Wow, it must be quite exciting to have fun, catchy names for your University's student athletes classes! All Coach Rice and my daughter Aurielle ever talk about is this year's Cal's Diamonds are Forever Class (2015).

Shocky, would you consider assisting us with branding consultation with respects to future UNLV recruiting classes? Suitcases of unmarked bills would be involved with such an important endeavor.

Best regards,

Dean Wormer

what up wormer?

the answer is no

-shocks

Dear Shocky,

Wow, Coach Rice was just in my office and he's visibly upset that Coach Martin (a featured speaker today at the sixth annual Rising Coaches Elite Conference at the Monte Carlo Hotel) and your staff are in Las Vegas again to not only actively scout targeted Las Vegas high school prospects Troy Brown Jr., Greg Floyd Jr. and Charles O'cannon Jr. but also now Markus Howard who is transferring to Findlay Prep.

Jealousy is not an attractive quality but look at Mr. Brightside, we're still the #1 ranked public university in Clark County!

Best regards,

Dean Wormer
Shocky1
our palace for california golden bears basketball will reopen next month after an extensive $10,000,000+ loving makeover, many thx to the haas/goldman family for their timeless support of the cal basketball program

among the significant improvements will be a newly created 2nd row of floor seats, there will be 55-60 seats in this section...these seats will face the teams' benches (none will be behind the baskets) & will offer close to the action excitement...the floor of haas will not be modified for these seats but rather the seats will be elevated (extra tall) as is the case at numerous nba venues including the golden state warriors games

some student seating will be eliminated to create spacing for the 2nd row but nothing major

student season tixs will once again be $55 for the year...last year there were around 500+ sold student season tixs, if demand explodes this season additional student seating will be created behind the south basket...there will be room for every cal student that wishes to support their fellow student athletes by purchasing a season tix

last season cal averaged 8,099 fans per game...this includes approximately 4,500-5,000 season tixs (of varying packages)

this season cal basketball season deposits for new season tixs are already 1,100+, a remarkable spurt of growth for true bears fans wanting to celebrate the magic of cal basketball in person at their palace

the basketball team needs our support both in terms of insane gameday energy & ticket revenues (being a passive cal tv fan does not help the program) in order to sustain the current upward trajectory of basketball recruiting with this year's epic cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)...the reality is that future nba 1st rounders wanna play in large crowds

can we work together to get 10,000-11,000 amped up fans per game this season at haas pavilion?...what is your personal commitment to the future of cal basketball?

your palace awaits in what could be potentially the greatest season of our lifetimes (once again, with apologies to the old timers that cherish the pete newell championship teams) for a cal basketball or football team

the time is now#

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Shocky[/COLOR], really appreciate you providing real info on Cal Basketball
thank you[/SIZE]

Shocky1;842516546 said:

our palace for california golden bears basketball will reopen next month after an extensive $10,000,000+ loving makeover, many thx to the haas/goldman family for their timeless support of the cal basketball program

among the significant improvements will be a newly created 2nd row of floor seats, there will be 55-60 seats in this section...these seats will face the teams' benches (none will be behind the baskets) & will offer close to the action excitement...the floor of haas will not be modified for these seats but rather the seats will be elevated (extra tall) as is the case at numerous nba venues including the golden state warriors games

some student seating will be eliminated to create spacing for the 2nd row but nothing major

student season tixs will once again be $55 for the year...last year there were around 500+ sold student season tixs, if demand explodes this season additional student seating will be created behind the south basket...there will be room for every cal student that wishes to support their fellow student athletes by purchasing a season tix

last season cal averaged 8,099 fans per game...this includes approximately 4,500-5,000 season tixs (of varying packages)

this season cal basketball season deposits for new season tixs are already 1,100+, a remarkable spurt of growth for true bears fans wanting to celebrate the magic of cal basketball in person at their palace

the basketball team needs our support both in terms of insane gameday energy & ticket revenues (being a passive cal tv fan does not help the program) in order to sustain the current upward trajectory of basketball recruiting with this year's epic cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)...the reality is that future nba 1st rounders wanna play in large crowds

can we work together to get 10,000-11,000 amped up fans per game this season at haas pavilion?...what is your personal commitment to the future of cal basketball?

your palace awaits in what could be potentially the greatest season of our lifetimes (once again, with apologies to the old timers that cherish the pete newell championship teams) for a cal basketball or football team

the time is now#

Shocky1
the cal staff has offered 5'11"165 lbs high scoring point guard markus howard, a top 50 player in the 2017 class who will play next season for findlay prep

after averaging 32.4 ppg as a sophomore for perry high school in gilbert (a suburb of phoenix), howard is moving on to findlay prep (las vegas) & is currently 5th in the aau summertime nike eybl scoring with 20.1 ppg despite coming off the bench for the las vegas prospects

markus is an skilled dribbler with both hands & an uncanny quick 1st step that blows by defenders that makes up for his lack of size & length

howard decommitted form asu just before herbie got fired & is wide open at this time with offers from academic heavyweights arizona, unlv & asu (bobby "off to the races" hurley)

the cal staff is gonna be earning those southwest a-lister points traveling between oakland & vegas with 4 priority targeted recruits in the desert

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including pima, clark & maricopa counties)
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/5cO3xVOV7T

before the dawn#
Shocky1
SFBearz;842515794 said:

You have the unique ability to flatter yourself. There is nothing inaccurate.

whatever, do you got your season tix(s) for this season?

don't be a fake model#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/5bHRJjOV4e

knock zeus on his azz#
Vandalus
Nothing like a little death metal to get you going in the morning!
Jeff82
HoopDreams;842516321 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Courtney Range[/COLOR] is one of the Cal Bears representing her Country somewhere in the world
In this case, at the 2015 World University Games in Canada

Courtney and her Team USA won the gold medal
[SIZE=6]Congrates![/SIZE][/SIZE]

Is she related to former Pac-10 referee Charlie Range? That would be ironic, because in his era he was as disliked as Booker Turner, Richie Ballesteros, etc.
stu
Jeff82;842516834 said:

Is she related to former Pac-10 referee Charlie Range? That would be ironic, because in his era he was as disliked as Booker Turner, Richie Ballesteros, etc.

I believe Charlie is Courtney's grandfather. FWIW I actually liked Charlie Range as a referee, he never seemed to let his ego interfere with his work. But I disliked Richie Ballesteros and despised Booker Turner.
Shocky1

guess what, did you know that jaylen brown got no right leg?...trust me, that's gonna be a problem

let's be real here, cal basketball is totally ******

**ivan rabb is no marvin bagley iii
**t-wall is the quietest point guard in the pac 12
**jabari bird & jordan mathews don't got a clue re: defense & rebounding
**stephen domingo was candy azz soft at georgetown
**sam singer is jewish
**kameron rooks isn't his dad
**kingsley okoraoh is too much of an english gentleman
**roger moute a bidias isn't his brother
**brandon chauca is a peruvian filipino
**roman davis probably can't bench press 100 lbs
**the dumb azz coaches don't seem to realize that the best players on the team are brenden "in san francisco" glapion, cole "surfer dude" welle & nick "at nite" hamilton and got them buried deep on the bench

yeah, true california golden bears are not gonna buy season tix(s) at haas pavilion, watching on tv is much better way to experience the magic of cal basketball

no wonder coach martin always regards me from afar

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505293 said:

the bears staff has offered troy brown jr, a 6'4" 175 lbs point guard from las vegas centennial & the #2 ranked player in the 2017 class

brown is playing aau ball this summer for the las vegas prospects under the watchful eyes of cal coaches...troy is a combo guard (coach martin loves guys who are multiple) with extraordinary length with lethal passing skills & a deadly shooting touch

what's the best thing about troy?...he's got a 3.7 gpa including ap & honors classes, basketball is not gonna define troy brown jr & that's really bad news for academically mediocre schools that are recruiting this true student athlete...this could play out as a cal vs stanford (assuming dawkins is retained for 2017 if the cards fail as expected to make the ncca tournament this season for an abysmal 7th time out of his 8 year run in palo alto) epic recruiting battle

troy would be an amazing leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)...he's no lupe fiasco, that's for sure

the university of californa, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

coach martin along with assistants yann, tracy & wyking have been visibly watching troy distribute/facilitate his teammates & knock down jumpers along with a couple of thunderous attacking dunks both yesterday at rancho high school & today at desert pines high school at the las vegas classic

troy is 6'5" with the potential to grow to 6'7" & prefers to play the 1 but can also swing to the 2 & 3...the bears utilization this season of t-wall, another tall point guard, will likely be a strong indicator to brown of the cal staff's potential utilization of him if he commits to them california golden bears

let's be real here, with a 7 year pac 12 record of 56-68, only 1 ncca tournament appearance, rapidly declining attendance/an apathetic fan base in palo alto along with potentially a 2015 pac 12 cellar finish for the cards, johnny dawkins is definitely on the hot seat

this current cal vs stanford recruiting battle is gonna be impacted by this season's fortunes for both the bears & the cards...with brown's academic ambition, it's hard to imagine him seriously considering an academically mediocre school, troy's definitely not a dumb azz
Shocky1
Shocky1;842514870 said:

what are the key characteristics of successfully targeted cal basketball student athletes?

1) #1 ranked public university in the world: a prospective recruit has to value the educational component of the cal experience in order to make a commitment to the necessary academic workload...therefore quotes from high schoolers (both basketball & football players) that will become future california golden bears usually include an acknowledgment that "a big part of my collegiate decision today is that cal is the number one public university in the world that will set me up for life"

2) grade point average (gpa): future california golden bears have got academic ambition...talking about wanting to get better grades like davon dillard & brandon sampson is not the same thing as actually turning off the tv/social media every single night to do the necessary classwork to attain good grades...as the wise marco harris once told me, "men take care of their business"...hopefully oscar frayer & tyson jolly become mentally limitless to lead cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

3) family: coach martin's love train is all about sharing, living & supporting each other in pursuing the dream...guys like tyler dorsey who just wanna "get buckets" for a criminal like dana altman are not a good cal fit

4) diversity: listen to the ivan rabb & jaylen brown welcome to cal videos, they both sincerely mention with smiles on their faces their appreciation of the tremendous diversity at cal...guys who just wanna be around people with the same views & appearances as themselves are better suited at homogenous schools like gonzaga (zach collins)

5) personal development: cal student athletes are not only interested in developing/maximizing their basketball skills/potential but also becoming a better person, a true leader in their communities...dumb azzs just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball and hope they never get injured...let's be real here, guys who go to academically mediocre schools like oregon & arizona and then see their careers ended in a split second collision are ******

6) moms: cal basketball players love their moms like the shockster, we will walk to the end of the earth (and then back again) for our moms...dwight tarwater knows what i'm talking about

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

"no ones gonna love you like your mama..."
-oscar frayer

"i just wanna hand my mom a mil and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

as the 3rd & final july evaluation period winds down, what is the next step in cal basketball recruiting?

the staff will be focusing on bringing in targeted prospective student athletes & their families for unofficial visits to berkeley

this is a key indicator of a recruit's sincere interest in cal, there's really no reason a west coast high schooler can't make the effort to visit cal which will allow them to better explore the tremendous academic opportunities & support system, the world class s&c program offered by coach christopher and their potential future high character teammates along with touring the cosmopolitan & diverse san francisco bay area

we will be able to get a clearer vision of cal's basketball recruiting direction as unofficial visits are firmed up in the near future

family roadtrip#
Shocky1

cal family#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;2dyjOh6FfHk][/video]
set the volume to full blast to best experience the magic of haas pavilion

"i could definitely feel the energy...there's nothing but love out here and i can't explain it"
-ivan rabb

i dunno, maybe haas is ivan's palace too...where's your palace?

moneyball#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;7rFz9w6FBHA][/video]

ice in his veins#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]it's obvious Jason Kidd is proud of going to Cal
takes big interest in Cal point guards

here's another example (Jason with incoming freshmen PG Bre Cavanaugh[/SIZE]

Shocky1
coach martin has offered shooting jaylen nowell, a 6'4" 170 lbs top 35 player in the 2017 class from garfield high school in seattle & the seattle rotary...nowell is quick & aggressive with downtown range from the vip section & is developing his defensive skills

jaylen's dad mike passed on this may after a heroic battle with cancer & his son honored his beloved father by making the u16 team usa this june

coach martin watched nowell this week in las vegas as the seattle rotary (including teammate daejon davis) battled them oakland soldiers

i told the cal staff several months ago that jaylen's uncle travis decuire told me that nowell was essentially a cal silent commitment when td was with the staff, a fact that the staff was unaware of at the time...since that time coach hufnagel has ramped up jaylen's recruitment

td told me back in the day that jaylen is an outstanding student & that moms lanie's policy is academic achievement is a requirement for participation in any sports...yeah, jaylen's got academic ambition & a 3.5 gpa

jaylen has already made a promise to officially visit cal & this will likely be a cal, washington & stanford battle...nowell would be an outstanding leader to cal's touch the sky class (2017)

"i'm going to ride this through and eventually play for the coach that i really enjoy talking to and who i feel i have the best connection with"
-jaylen nowell

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1
"i am and will always be a momma's boy"
-jaylen nowell

jaylen, welcome to the club

Shocky1
"have the courage to be different"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
Shocky1;842513100 said:

the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson

"jayce johnson is one of my favorite big men of 2016...the kid doesn't take crap from anyone"
-drew ruiz (slamonline)

both coach martin & wyking have made attending johnson's earl watson elite's games this july a major priority

the aau recruiting trail#
Shocky1
let's be real here, graduating from the #1 public university in the world requires a ton of work, it can be done but it takes a focused & consistent effort to get it done...and the rewards for that degree are significant & life changing

one of the numerous upsides to all that work is that it's gonna help you get the girl of your dreams...them girls are looking for guys that are mentally limitless in terms of relentlessly pursuing opportunities in life...in today's fiercely competitive global economy, those with advanced educations are at a distinct advantage in successfully achieving their goals

yeah, these are lots of schools for dumb azzs that don't require much work academically if all you wanna do is play basketball with a basketball on a basketball court but in the long run that's not gonna help you get the girl of your dreams

sometimes you gotta go thru something to get something

dreams#
Shocky1
Quote:

what's the saddest show on earth?

watching in person (tv fans don't got a clue re: what i'm talkin' about) them bears walk ons on the bench (their faces full of indescribable hope) during the final 5 minutes of blow outs watching coach martin's every movement to see if he's gonna call their name & let them out of jail to also share in the magic of haas pavilion & the passionate energy of cal basketball

when this doesn't happen, the walks on try to act like it's no big deal but if you observe them closely (look into the depth of their eyes to see the pain of their broken souls) it's clearly the heartbreaking saddest show on earth

coach martin, i know your busy with strategies & **** like that during games so no worries, i'm gonna personally make sure you know this season when it's time to get those scrappy walk ons into the game, ok?

no wonder roberta is always telling you what an insensitive dumb azz you are on the car drive home after them blow outs

the sideshow#

true california golden bears fans will rally/unify together this season to send a clear & loud message to coach martin that them walk ons are important valued human beings, they aren't just some weird azz foul smelling freaks at the sideshow to be ignored & forever forgotten

let's tell coach martin that human suffering isn't acceptable to us, ok?...that kinda **** is not gonna fly next season in berkeley, that's not gonna happen on our watch

let's do this

remember the walk ons#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 university in the world in leading the free speech & civil rights movement
Shocky1
walked 36 holes at sand hills golf club in mullen (population 497) in western nebraska...this coore & crenshaw masterpiece is arguably the best golf course built in the world during the last 80 years

driving to the airport i spotted a mid 20s girl with a cal shirt at the gas station...my buddy slim wadie said he would give me 2 bucks if i would not say the inevitable but i could not be denied

i yelled "go bears" at her & she smiled

traveling bears#
Shocky1
this is how coach martin & his staff along with the starters travel to road games

this is how my boyz the walk ons travel to road games

let's be real here, cole is doing the best he can to valiantly push the front of the van but anybody else ever notice the walk ons are always late to the road games?

coach, do you even realize that walk ons are fellow human beings?...where is your compassion for them?...why don't you got no hair on your head?

the unified berkeley crowd chants of "we want the walks on" will be deafeningly loud at haas pavilion next season

this is our mission

let's do this#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Kristine Anigwe [/COLOR]is one of the Cal Bears representing her Country somewhere in the world this summer
In this case, at the 2015 FIBA World Games in Russia

Kristine and her Team USA won the gold medal beating Russia
Congrates![/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]2016 4 Star Vance Jackson is a priority recruit for Cal
Dude is a shooter, but doesn't settle for just jacking up shots. Instead he slashes and finishes, or finds a teammate... nice vision...dream vision...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;vpvEPZjzO8s][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;w-7zIsveiJU][/video]

many of the most significant roots of social change & activism in the united states have been germinated at the university of california, berkeley

responsibility#
First Page Last Page
Page 210 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.