cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,269,205 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
nick is a fun & engaging young man with a crazy infectious smile, i would believe you if you told me he's gonna be a successful sports attorney and/or a future senator for the state of calfiornia
Shocky1
Shocky1;842522645 said:

the bears staff has offered schnider herard, a physically dominating 6'10" 260 lbs 5 that is a top 50 player in the 2016 class from prestonwood christian high school in plano, texas

herard's recent 10 collegiate finalists include kansas, texas, texas tech, smu, arizona, mississippi state, alabama, indiana, purdue & california

schnider will officially visit starksville for mississippi state's sept 12 football home game weekend vs lsu & is also working to finalize visits to berkeley & tucson

yeah, this guy can definitely finish & knock opponents on their azzs
[video=youtube;7h6cvkEUT8A][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

herard has cut his finalists to 5 (arizona not included)...schnider along with his guardian derrick shelby will be officially visiting mississippi state (september 12), texas tech (september 26th) & kansas (october 10th) with cal & purdue in the planning stages

50 year decision#
Shocky1

played oakmont this morning with slim wadie on an idyllic late summer day...yeah, they got the fastest stimp metered greens in the world in preparation for next year's us open...but we both avoided the church pew bunker guarding the 3rd & 4th holes, that's hell on earth

Shocky1
2016 point guard payton pritchard will stay in state & has made a commitment to criminal dana altman

payton can look forward to a bright future after basketball as a night shift manager at the medford truck stop & eventually marrying a lot lizard with stds

the bears are all in with 2016 point guard recruiting with the dynamic facilitator/distributor/scorer charlie moore
HoopDreams
ESPN Analyst Andy Katz took note of Cal's successful Australian tour

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Ivan's good friend Asha Thomas...[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=210297699[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=5]any street baller knows, that when I girl steps on the court, that she's got game
Who was the MVP of Ivan and Asha's 8th grade basketball team?[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Cal VB sweeps Nevada in their season opener![/SIZE][/COLOR]

NYCGOBEARS
HoopDreams;842532100 said:

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]Cal VB sweeps Nevada in their season opener![/SIZE][/COLOR]

My God, we have one attractive VB team! Seriously.
Shocky1

this season's basketball schedule currently has 12 non conference games, the bears are still trying to schedule 1 more game

tuff competition#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842516546 said:

our palace for california golden bears basketball will reopen next month after an extensive $10,000,000+ loving makeover, many thx to the haas/goldman family for their timeless support of the cal basketball program

among the significant improvements will be a newly created 2nd row of floor seats, there will be 55-60 seats in this section...these seats will face the teams' benches (none will be behind the baskets) & will offer close to the action excitement...the floor of haas will not be modified for these seats but rather the seats will be elevated (extra tall) as is the case at numerous nba venues including the golden state warriors games

some student seating will be eliminated to create spacing for the 2nd row but nothing major

student season tixs will once again be $55 for the year...last year there were around 500+ sold student season tixs, if demand explodes this season additional student seating will be created behind the south basket...there will be room for every cal student that wishes to support their fellow student athletes by purchasing a season tix

last season cal averaged 8,099 fans per game...this includes approximately 4,500-5,000 season tixs (of varying packages)

this season cal basketball season deposits for new season tixs are already 1,100+, a remarkable spurt of growth for true bears fans wanting to celebrate the magic of cal basketball in person at their palace

the basketball team needs our support both in terms of insane gameday energy & ticket revenues (being a passive cal tv fan does not help the program) in order to sustain the current upward trajectory of basketball recruiting with this year's epic cal's diamonds are forever class (2015)...the reality is that future nba 1st rounders wanna play in large crowds

can we work together to get 10,000-11,000 amped up fans per game this season at haas pavilion?...what is your personal commitment to the future of cal basketball?

your palace awaits in what could be potentially the greatest season of our lifetimes (once again, with apologies to the old timers that cherish the pete newell championship teams) for a cal basketball or football team

the time is now#

are you gonna call 1-800 go bears & participate in the select a seat tour of haas pavilion tomorrow sunday august 30th & monday august 31st?

what is your personal commitment to the future of cal basketball?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842512474 said:

the 2015/2016 golden bears basketball team has the potential to be the greatest football/basketball (with all due respect to the old timers that experienced pete newell's national championship season) cal team of our lifetimes

cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) is gonna create off the charts excitement at haas pavilion starting friday nite november 13th, an evening for the ages

are you gonna get season tix(s) at our palace haas pavilion for this potentially epic season?

2014/2015 pac 12 average game attendance was as follows:
1) arizona-14,591
2) utah-12,101
3) colorado-9,135
4) california-8,099 (54th in nation)
5) ucla-7,711
6) washington-6,398
7) oregon-6,209
8) arizona state-5,985
9) oregon state-5,612
10) stanford-4,439
11) southern california-3,552
12) washington state-3,190
http://i.turner.ncaa.com/sites/default/files/images/2015/07/06/mens-attendence.pdf

what needs to happen at haas pavilion this season in order for the team to maximize their tremendous potential?

the cal basketball team needs your passionate energy & full support in buying season tix(s) to push this season's average gameday attendance at haas pavilion over 10,000 in order to create the necessary hostile home court advantage for them california golden bears...being a passive tv fan does absolutely nothing for the team

right now the bears already got very strong renewal numbers & 1,100+ deposits for additional new season tix(s) seats

you can call 1-800 gobears this week to make a deposit on season tix(s) which will give you seating preference for seat selections when the current $10,000,000+ renovations (thanks to the haas/goldman family) at haas pavilion are hopefully completed this august...there are a variety of season tix packages to fit every budget & busy schedule

experience the magic of cal basketball with your family & friends in person, feel the enthusiasm & become part of the roar at haas
[video=youtube;N7QqouIxulM][/video]

let's do this

this is cal basketball, are you gonna be part of it?

together we attack#

during the select a seat sessions tomorrow & monday why don't you storm the floor like the dumb azz in the purple vilebrequin shirt?...pretty sure that's gonna be ok with gordon

stormin' the floor, that **** is fun
HoopDreams

Shocky1
walked this morning in the hamptons at my favorite course in the world, the national...ngla is a celebration of the game, a collection of truly unique holes often with quirky features that seamlessly flow together under the design of charles blair mcdonald

earning a cal degree will allow you to successfully pursue your dreams (whatever they might be) in life, let's do this

cal is a dream school#
Shocky1
http://www.si.com/extra-mustard/photos/2015/08/20/cheerleader-week-anne-cal-dance-team

:cheer

HoopDreams

concordtom
HoopDreams;842532355 said:

Carquinez Bridge, baby.
Shocky1
today is a huge day for cal basketball as key targeted prospects will be hooping at the california north vs south all star games that will be played at las positas college in livermore...the 2017 all stars game is at 1:30 pm to be followed by the 2016 game at 3:30 pm
http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/search?updated-max=2015-08-28T00:21:00-07:00&max-results=15

the cal basketball staff assembled in berkeley during the last year & since then have built meaningful relationships with prospective student athletes & their families that reside in california, they started at the bottom & now we're here

vance jackson, 2016 south team

tj leaf, 2016 south team

oscar frayer (current cal commit), 2016 north team coached by bishop o'dowd's lou richie

ira lee, 2017 south team

actionable offers#
BearsObserver
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ira Lee[/COLOR] playing in the prep2prep california all star classic[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
his name on the roster?

HoopDreams;842532501 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Ira Lee[/COLOR] playing in the prep2prep california all star classic[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
BearBackerinLA;842532506 said:

his name on the roster?

yes...full roster of the junior and senior teams:

http://48qadq2jyws833se8p1kfibw14nx.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015-P2P-AS-Classic.pdf
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Oscar Frayer[/COLOR] playing in the prep2prep california all star classic[/SIZE]

BearsObserver
don't think Ira Lee is on the final roster. You can rewind the livestream to the player intro. Also, not listed on the official tournament website. The pdf link you posted may be outdated. No TJ Leaf for the 2016 game either.

HoopDreams;842532558 said:

yes...full roster of the junior and senior teams:

http://48qadq2jyws833se8p1kfibw14nx.wpengine.netdna-cdn.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/2015-P2P-AS-Classic.pdf
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to David Kravish on his marriage to his high school sweetheart, Ashton[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]2017 6-11 [COLOR="#0000CD"]Brandon McCoy[/COLOR] with 20 pts, 17 rebs. 3 blocks in the prep2prep california all star classic[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]word on the street, is he took an unofficial visit to Cal before the game[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842529395 said:

cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from morse high school who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including san diego)

brandon visited with the cal staff in berkeley this morning & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic 2017 class game this afternoon with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

actionable offer#
Shocky1
"it's not how hard you can hit its how hard you can get hit and get back up"

-jaylen brown, noted yoga/meditation based philosopher

the winner of tonite's battle is gonna be the team that stays together & that plays with the most energy

got a lotta enemies, got a lotta people that are tryna to drain you of your energy

let's ******* do this (knock somebody on their azz)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842513100 said:

the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson

"jayce johnson is one of my favorite big men of 2016...the kid doesn't take crap from anyone"
-drew ruiz (slamonline)

jayce got official visits to colorado (september 19th), notre dame (september 25th), utah (october 8th) & cal october 15th with stanford's visit to be scheduled
HoopDreams
I think you're right bear backer

BearBackerinLA;842532566 said:

don't think Ira Lee is on the final roster. You can rewind the livestream to the player intro. Also, not listed on the official tournament website. The pdf link you posted may be outdated. No TJ Leaf for the 2016 game either.
HoopDreams

concordtom
Shocky1;842532993 said:

"jayce johnson is one of my favorite big men of 2016...the kid doesn't take crap from anyone"
-drew ruiz (slamonline

jayce got official visits to colorado (september 19th), notre dame (september 25th), utah (october 8th) & cal october 15th with stanford's visit to be scheduled

Ryan Silver ‏@RyanSilver1 7h7 hours ago
2016 Jayce Johnson @jrjballer32 will visit Cal, Colorado, Notre Dame, Stanford and Utah. #EWE

Does this mean we are in the Final Five?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842483508 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
davon dillard-3.0 gpa@our savior new amereican school
tyson jolly-3.1 gpa@putnam city west
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr-3.9 gpa@torrey pines

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

let's do this#
HoopDreams

[SIZE=6][COLOR="#0000CD"]Do you feel the love too?[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
concordtom;842533066 said:

Ryan Silver ‏@RyanSilver1 7h7 hours ago
2016 Jayce Johnson @jrjballer32 will visit Cal, Colorado, Notre Dame, Stanford and Utah. #EWE

Does this mean we are in the Final Five?

yes, utah & stanford along with cal are doing well in their recruitments of jayce
Shocky1
HoopDreams;842532231 said:

"doing it is one thing, doing it right is a whole different story"
-oscar frayer

oscar frayer is relentlessly working to achieve his vast potential as a student athlete with good (4 b grades in his classes) grades in summer school & a solid performance at the prep2prep california classic with 11 points on 4-7 field goals including 1-1 3 point shooting along with 3 boards & 1 assist

50 year decision#
First Page Last Page
Page 219 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.