cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,528 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

straight outta the hamptons#
Shocky1
congrats to point guard/chess champion jordan ford on his commitment to them st mary gaels

soldiers forever#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842505073 said:

cuonzo martin has offered vance jackson, a highly skilled 2016 top 50 6'8" 215 lbs nightmare matchup sharpshooting wing from st john bosco (bryce treggs hs) in bellflower...vj is a key targeted priority prospect for the california golden bears basketball program, he is truly an impact player

jackson is currently the 23rd highest scoring player in the nation in aau ball this summer with a 18.7 ppg average for dream vision on the adidas gauntlet circuit ...his dad vance sr has indicated that the family has a preference for their son staying on the west coast, like so many of the current 2016 & 2017 recruiting battles for the bears, this is likely gonna be a cal, arizona (miller prioritizing other recruits over jackson right now) & ucla (could be done for 2016 class) decision...coach martin has invested the time & built strong relationships with both vance & vance sr

key factors in jackson's recruitment will be his excellent academic track record & ambition (he recently took the sat) along with a team's style of play & relationships with the coaching staff
[video=youtube;3B1Vgle9ROo][/video]

"people come and go, you just have to make sure the right one stays.."
-vance jackson

vance jackson is an important targeted prospect to potentially join current commits oscar frayer & tyson jolly in the bears 2016 recruiting class...jackson's ability to be multiple is very adaptive to cal's positionless schemes

"i used to play the 1 and now i play the 2 or 3 so i'm just used to it and i think i can guard those positions at the next level...i'm not there but i'm working on it"

"whatever school i feel i can impact in a positive way to help win a championship...i want to play as a freshman...i know it's not given so i have to work for it...also, like if i get injured, i have to be somewhere that feels like home to me"
-vance jackson

"i signed him up for yoga classes this summer...first he needs to lose 10 pounds and then gain it back as muscle...more so for getting ready for contact and to be more explosive"
-vance jackson sr

dad of the year#

vance would be an ideal cal fit for cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

vance will be be transferring (after also considering mater dei) to prolific prep in napa for his senior season, the close proximity to berkeley will allow the jackson family to take a close look at the cal basketball program

vance will be making an official visit to cal the weekend of october 3rd

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

50 year decision#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jorge Gutierrez [/COLOR] the Milwaukee Bucks point guard hit the game winning shot over Venezuela at the 2015 FIBA
Jorge scored 20 points, 7 boards, 4 assists
Jorge is leading Mexico which is undefeated in their drive to qualify for the 2016 Olympics

Mxico conserva su invicto al ganar a Venezuela (73-70). Jorge Gutierrez anot la canasta decisiva.[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842538266 said:

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Jorge Gutierrez [/COLOR] the Milwaukee Bucks point guard hit the game winning shot over Venezuela at the 2015 FIBA
Jorge scored 20 points, 7 boards, 4 assists
Jorge is leading Mexico which is undefeated in their drive to qualify for the 2016 Olympics

Mxico conserva su invicto al ganar a Venezuela (73-70). Jorge Gutierrez anot la canasta decisiva.[/SIZE]

Go, Jorge!
Shocky1
the meb (martin excellence in basketball, previously the montgomery excellence in basketball) fund during its 3 years of existence has generated over $1.6 million...these monies have been used to move the program forward on its current upward trajectory

*****initial feasibility study for the new haas pavilion scoreboard & audio/visual enhancements (thank you haas/goldman family for your gift of a lifetime that has transformed our palace)
*****"cal bear" rebranding of the gold gym at the rsf for a more dedicated practice facility
*****computers, ipads & softward programs for players & coaches to improve academic results at the world's #1 public university & ensure dedicated reading of the cal's monster class thread
*****s&c workout equipments including bands, vests, belts, ropes, shores, recovery compression pants to assist coach nicodemus with his amazing hard to believe player transformations
*****nutritional supplements such as bars, shakes, fruits, bagels & smoothies (sorry jabari, potato chips are not on the list)
*****second daily training table meal
*****academic support-increased funding for tutoring & bonuses to retain key staff
*****upgrade video cameras & projectors
*****much need makeover of locker room carpet & furniture
*****sponsor 50 cal students to pac 12 tournament in las vegas (chips & bail $ not included)
*****annual preseason team building seminar
*****graphic design costs for enhanced digital recruiting materials
*****australia trip
*****most importantly, yoga instruction for 5 weeks this summer

the meb is the pet project of jay john, is now the time for you to discuss with him your potential further commitment to the future of cal basketball?...jay's email is jay.john@berkeley.edu

cal basketball is on the brink of potentially the greatest season of our lifetimes, would you like to become a more serious player in moving the program forward into the future?

yeah, i love our palace...friday november 13th's opening night is gonna be an experience/celebration for the ages

let's do this

Shocky1
Shocky1;842529201 said:

the fashion police: what not to wear

sammy, what up with the cal basketball shorts at the beach?

roman, wearing a high school prom cummerbund around the waist is a beach fashion nightmare, you might not know how to speak australian but that outfit is speaking volumes

jaylen rockin' the stylish trunks with the simple drawstring & the clean shades, no wonder them curvy brunette yoga girls wanna talk to you

huf, are you gonna audition for jersey boys with the accessorized gold chain?...where's paulie?

ivan, not sure that foot locker beachwear is working for you the same way you work around the basket

shut up, shocky#

let's be real here, it's pretty obvious that meb fund dollars are not being spent on swimming attire

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
yeah, meb coin is not gonna be wasted on oski's multiple summertime rehabs or **** like that

fiduciary responsibility#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]cal basketball players having problems sleeping because they are waiting for the next Monster Thread post from Shocky?

cal fans having problems sleeping because you can't wait till the [COLOR="#0000CD"]first game of the basketball season which is Friday, November 13th[/COLOR]?

got a solution for you...[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=5]http://ww2.kqed.org/futureofyou/2015/09/08/qa-got-sleep-troubles-heres-how-technology-can-help/?utm_source=twitter&utm_medium=socialmedia&utm_campaign=kqedmain[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]National player of the week
I said [COLOR="#0000FF"]NATIONAL![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
this is it, the last day of summer 2015, fall is here baby, r u prepared for the center stage on friday november 13th?

seasons change, r u gonna change too?

let's do this#
GoBears635
Shocky1;842539285 said:

this is it, the last day of summer 2015, fall is here baby, r u prepared for the center stage on friday november 13th?

let's do this#

Nice thought, Shocky, but you're 2 weeks early.
Shocky1
the cal basketball staff is actively scouting ernie sears, a 6'3" 160 lbs athletic high motor combo guard in the 2017 class from bishop alemany from mission hills (home of kam rooks)...sears is more of a wing than a point guard at this time

ernie is a high energy guy just like his dad who played for the bears back in the day & has grown 2 inches in the past year...sears is continuing to show improvement in his jumper & is an excellent student athlete with academic ambition (harvard is also on his radar)

yeah, cal's touch the sky class (2017) is expected by the coaches to be a large group of guys due to the expected departures at that time & ernie sears is gonna be seriously evaluated for potential inclusion

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world:gobears:
Shocky1
GoBears63;842539306 said:

Nice thought, Shocky, but you're 2 weeks early.

ruh roh

when the cal's monster class thread started, there were a lot of skeptics also questioning the timing/possibility of cal basketball evolving into a nationally elite program

why the **** not#
Shocky1
Shocky1;841940994 said:

how did the bears get to this position where we might have an epic dream team collection of 4&5 star ballers/friends who might potentially lead cal to the final 4?

monty recongized that while jay john (formerly lute olson's tactical right arm) is a strong technician and teacher that the bears recruiting needed a jump start particularly as monty is not going to attend 200 hs/aau games a year...as recruits seemingly expect coaches to attend every game, recruiting has become a young coach's game...so monty moved john to the asst ad for basketball development which freed up the bears to have 3 tireless and relentless road warriors on the recruiting trail: decuire, gottlieb and monty jr

next move was to promote travis decuire to associate head coach...imo decruire will be the next head bb coach at cal...should be noted that when bird called to commit he called decuire 1st and then monty...numerous recruits including both bird and matthews have mentioned their strong relationships with decruire

then monty hired the perfect graduate manager, theo robertson (played tenancious d/consumate team player/high achievement student)...young players/recruits have already gravitated toward this likely future asst coach

roster clearing with the transfers of murray and rossi who both could see the handwriting on the wall that they were never going to play any meaningful minutes on sweet 16 and better teams...it should be pointed out that both are hardworking kids and that that they left in good academic standing which means the apr hit for cal will be minimzed

sami not qualifying by a mile (or a kilometer for that matter) also opened up another spot

so the bears are now left with 12 scholly players on the roster (13 allowed by the ncaa) with bak bak, smith and the thurminator all graduating which means we currently have 4 schollys to offer for 2013

with the humble ringleader bird and his dad carl in the fold, matthews (interested in haas biz ad, dad is an asst coach at ucla/former usf hc) hopefully commiting this weekend during his official visit, lee's mother (moms know best) favoring cal the most and the bears still in the running for singer (over 30 ppg avg as a jr, nov 10th official visit), german export/import schilling, blue collar jones, hamilton and maybe brown (dad is the lakers hc) and of course the grand prize, gordon, cal recruiting is in a potentially spectacular position for success

you think the powe, ubaka, kately, and mcguire class was comparable?...other than ayinde, the rest were marginal students (and this is not a knock on leon powe whose unsettled early years are a source of inspiration in beating the odds) and the inevitable transfers/nba departures ensued

bird has a gpa over 3.00 and matthews rocks a 3.55 gpa...lee has a 3.2 gpa with an interest in child psychology with english & history as his best subjects and considered duke, gordon had stanford on his list, singer has a 3.4 gpa at an academically tough hs and is also considering both stanford and harvard...monty and decuire are recruiting great student athletes, not just great basketball players like braun's earlier class

2014 is also shaping up with the early commit from amhaad rorie, a seatle pg who is blowing up on the national scene with a 25 ppg avg as only a soph and a heady 3.8 gpa

hopefully local 5 star ivan rabb from bod will decide to be the ringleader for the 2015 class

#1 ranked public university in the world-university of california, berekeley

dominoes baby#

haas will be rocking again...go beers!

happy (ok, it's kinda past the date) 3rd birthday cal's monster thread

this **** is getting live

follow your dreams (relentlessly)#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842539827 said:

happy (ok, it's kinda past the date) 3rd birthday cal's monster thread

this **** is getting live

follow your dreams (relentlessly)#

Burning Question: Will Wyking now be taking over that guy's place in the advertising world as The Most Interesting Man in the World?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842539846 said:

Burning Question: Will Wyking now be taking over that guy's place in the advertising world as The Most Interesting Man in the World?

what, are you telling me that the dos equis guy isn't a real dude?
Shocky1

no wonder kim k gonna dump kayne's sorry broken down azz for me so she can them tixs to cal basketball next season
Shocky1
good luck to exceptional student athlete delaurier, his 6 finalists do not include cal: duke, north carolina, texas, notre dame, arizona & stanford
Shocky1
Shocky1;842529395 said:

cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from morse high school who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

brandon visited with the cal staff in berkeley this morning & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic 2017 class game this afternoon with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

actionable offer#

the cal staff will visit with brandon at morse high school later this week

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
HoopDreams
mikecohen
Shocky1;842539988 said:

no wonder kim k gonna dump kayne's sorry broken down azz for me so she can them tixs to cal basketball next season

As the future President's wife, she should be able to get cal basketball tickets when she wants.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842513100 said:

the bears #1 4/5 target on the 2016 big board is jayce johnson, a 6'11 225 lbs top 70 player in the 2016 class...jj played played last season for phil hecht's santa monica vikings along with teammates jonah mathews after transferring from findlay prep...johnson had previously attended j serra & mater dei, yeah his high school career has kinda been a rollercoaster

johnson works hard on defense with a strong motor & can finish with either hand, he's borderline ambidextrous...he is continuing to grow & is expected to be 7'+

jayce is a outstanding student with a 4.0 gpa, dude is not a dumb azz...his dad jay grew up in nor cal & graduated from st marys (jay's sister graduated from cal)...the family visited cal last summer & intends to do so again this summer...he's currently playing aau ball for the earl watson elite

coach martin ate dinner with jayce & his dad in late april in so cal...one of the topics discussed is cal's unique staff with guys like coach wyking jones who can actually get on the floor & pound inside with his players

jayce has noted that the schools recruiting him the hardest are cal, utah & oregon with asu, gonzaga & north carolina state among others also offering...but let's be real here, johnson got a 4.0 gpa, he's not gonna go to some academically mediocre school

"on the defensive end i'm a good rebounder and i block a lot of shots...on the offensive end i actually widened out my game...i'm shooting 15 footers now and i'm more of a back to the basket player where i can get the ball and get into my moves so i can finish around the basket with both hands"

"people have been telling me i've trimmed out and lost a little bit of the baby fat...people are saying i'm progressing and i can feel myself getting better, jumping higher and running quicker"
-jayce johnson

"jayce johnson is one of my favorite big men of 2016...the kid doesn't take crap from anyone"
-drew ruiz (slamonline)

jayce dropped notre dame: johnson's 4 official visits will be colorado (september 19th), california (september 26th), utah (october 10th) & stanford (october 23rd)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)
Shocky1
Quote:

what are the key characteristics of successfully targeted cal basketball student athletes?

1) #1 ranked public university in the world: a prospective recruit has to value the educational component of the cal experience in order to make a commitment to the necessary academic workload...therefore quotes from high schoolers (both basketball & football players) that will become future california golden bears usually include an acknowledgment that "a big part of my collegiate decision today is that cal is the number one public university in the world that will set me up for life"

2) grade point average (gpa): future california golden bears have got academic ambition...talking about wanting to get better grades like davon dillard & brandon sampson is not the same thing as actually turning off the tv/social media every single night to do the necessary classwork to attain good grades...as the wise marco harris once told me, "men take care of their business"...hopefully oscar frayer & tyson jolly become mentally limitless to lead cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

3) family: coach martin's love train is all about sharing, living & supporting each other in pursuing the dream...guys like tyler dorsey who just wanna "get buckets" for a criminal like dana altman are not a good cal fit

4) diversity: listen to the ivan rabb & jaylen brown welcome to cal videos, they both sincerely mention with smiles on their faces their appreciation of the tremendous diversity at cal...guys who just wanna be around people with the same views & appearances as themselves are better suited at homogenous schools like gonzaga (zach collins)

5) personal development: cal student athletes are not only interested developing/maximizing their basketball skills/potential but also becoming a better person, a true leader in their communities...dumb azzs just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball and hope they never get injured...let's be real here, guys who go to academically mediocre schools like oregon & arizona and then see their careers ended in a split second collision are ******

6) moms: cal basketball players love their moms like the shockster, we will walk to the end of the earth (and then back again) for our moms...dwight tarwater knows what i'm talking about

"victory to me is when you get your moms right"
-tyrone wallace

"no ones gonna love you like your mama..."
-oscar frayer

"i just wanna hand my mom a mil and say do with it as you please"
-tyson jolly

the recent scheduling of several official & unofficial visits signifies the serious interest of prospective student athletes in the cal basketball program...a key sign of a player's potential future commitment to the california golden bears family is visiting with the staff in berkeley
Shocky1
"sacrifice 1 year for a life time of greatness...sometimes you have put to put your focus on what's really real...no social media"
-tyson jolly:acclaim:

tyson jolly is not a dumb azz, his gpa & act score well exceeded ncca standards but his high school transcript was half an elective credit short of meeting cal's admission standards...jolly then took & passed an online course but it was not accepted by cal:headbang

at an academically mediocre school like arizona they would've just looked the other way but at the #1 ranked public school in the world that's not gonna happen so the former putnam city west (oklahoma city) star will spend a year at the elev8 prep school in delray beach, florida working on further developing his academic skills:axe

50 year decision#:gobears:
Shocky1
the staff is relentlessly targeting a potential cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) which features elite basketball talent with academic ambition for guys that want to play together in a family environment at the #1 ranked public university in the world

*****oscar frayer, cal commit

*****tyson jolly, cal commit

*****charlie moore, top 70 player in the 2016 class will officially visit cal on september 13th

*****jayce johnson, top 70 player in the 2016 class will officially visit cal on september 26th

*****vance jackson, top 50 player in the 2016 will officially visit cal on october 3rd

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not no dumb azzs

this is cal basketball#
concordtom
Shocky1;842540114 said:

*****oscar frayer, cal commit

*****tyson jolly, cal commit

*****charlie moore, top 70 player in the 2016 class will officially visit cal on september 13th

*****jayce johnson, top 70 player in the 2016 class will officially visit cal on september 26th

*****vance jackson, top 50 player in the 2016 will officially visit cal on october 3rd

yeah, these guys are gonna be howlin' at the moon, they're not no dumb azzs

That's great.
Who else in the top 50/40/30/20/10 might be connected with Cal, though no official visit scheduled?
How many official visits is each school allowed to host?
Is there a limit on how many in-home visits a coaching staff can do?
Shocky1
concordtom;842540134 said:

That's great.
Who else in the top 50/40/30/20/10 might be connected with Cal, though no official visit scheduled?
How many official visits is each school allowed to host?
Is there a limit on how many in-home visits a coaching staff can do?

schnider herard, a top 50 player in the 2016 class, has cal among his finalists but he's a pretty strong kansas lean & he's not scheduled an official visit to berkeley yet
Shocky1
"live for today plan for tomorrow"
-jaylen brown, noted philosopher

Shocky1
5 star 2016 point guard dennis smith has made a commitment to north carolina state & will stay home for college as expected
Shocky1
watching almost every second of cal basketball in person live & up close last season it was pretty apparent that them california golden bears were too often candy azz soft, not mentally tough/physically strong enough to pound with more physical teams like arizona & texas

yeah, they gotta work to become more unbreakable, this epic classic would be a fun team bonding movie to watch together at the basketball house...who knew t-wall is really samuel jackson?...kinda wondering if that curvy brunette yoga female ms alcantar is aware of tyrone's dual role?...make no mistake about, a cal degree will help you get the girl of your dreams

don't be a lazy azz#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842539285 said:

let's do this#

gameday is just around the corner, friday november 13th

season of a lifetime#
HoopDreams

[COLOR="#0000FF"][SIZE=5]http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/108528/college-hoops-most-interesting-people-californias-wyking-jones[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams

[video=youtube;iXoG0Me3FTY][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842530018 said:

so how is the vote on the most important decision surrounding the cal basketball gonna play out?...what is the current analytic prognostication for kayne's diamonds are forever as this season's pregame introductions theme song?

full supporters:
*****brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle are my core supporters, them rescue walk ons appreciate my efforts to fully free them from the tyranny of coach martin
*****roger moute a bidias invited both taylor & i at the year end team banquet to stay with his family at their home in cameroon

partial supporters:
*****kameron rooks & sam singer, key members of the original monster class, can't dance at all so hip hop songs are totally out for them
*****brendan chauca & kingsley okoroh appreciate the shockster rooting for the underdogs in life
*****jaylen brown is looking for a business partner re: his philosophical musings
*****ivan rabb is a mama's boy like me plus we both like mac & cheese too at the ol' yeller cafe

undecided:
*****roman davis isn't sure what to think, i dunno maybe the monster class can be produced with australian subtitles
*****stephen domingo don't understand how dumb azzs like me & oski could actually graduate from cal

moderately opposed:
*****jabari bird & jordan mathews don't like the constant references to their failure to consistently play relentless defensive & rebound
*****tyrone wallace overhead me mutter "whatever" when my current 1st wife kat told him "we love you tyrone" when the team circled the student section with the postgame high fives after a victory at haas

totally opposed:
*****coach martin would like to keep me further afar at all times

let's be real here, the above endearing tyrone wallace post is a shameless effort to influence & lobby for t-wall's vote in favor of kayne's diamonds are forever...saturday will be yet another opportunity to solidify votes with current constituents while targeting the undecided & moderately opposed voters on the campaign trail...let's do this
[video=youtube;qmw6EaTfX8g][/video]

the vote#
First Page Last Page
Page 221 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.