cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,648 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
congrats to sacramento high school's christian terrell commitment to them uc santa barbara gauchos
Shocky1
mikecohen;842540040 said:

As the future President's wife, she should be able to get cal basketball tickets when she wants.

mike, i'd rather see kim k & kayne (singing diamonds are forever at the presidential inauguration) in the white house than that dumb azz donald

Shocky1;842504273 said:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh, & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been pawned...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

"they're bringing drugs...they're bringing crime...they're rapists and some i assume are good people"
-donald trump's disparaging comments re: mexicans

to be honest with you when i 1st read these comments i thought trump was talking about criminal dana altman & the oregon basketball program

the fallout from these racist comments is that numerous major corporations including nbc, univision & macys (which is kinda funny because the chairman played golf with us at ferry point) have cut ties with him

you're fired, donald#

concordtom
Shocky1;842541081 said:

mike, i'd rather see kim k & kayne (singing diamonds are forever at the presidential inauguration) in the white house than that dumb azz donald

"they're bringing drugs...they're bringing crime...they're rapists and some i assume are good people"
-donald trump's disparaging comments re: mexicans

to be honest with you when i 1st read these comments i thought trump was talking about criminal dana altman & the oregon basketball program

the fallout from these racist comments is that numerous major corporations including nbc, univision & macys (which is kinda funny because the chairman played golf with us at ferry point) have cut ties with him

you're fired, donald#

I think there's NO WAY that people will ultimately vote for Trump, but the longer this goes on the more frightened I get about the prospect of it happening. Alas, it's still way early and Trump is doing nothing but fueling the fire that is his idiocy.

Here's another question: Beyond voting for him, why on earth would anyone CHOOSE to do business with him?
mikecohen
concordtom;842541142 said:

I think there's NO WAY that people will ultimately vote for Trump, but the longer this goes on the more frightened I get about the prospect of it happening. Alas, it's still way early and Trump is doing nothing but fueling the fire that is his idiocy.

Here's another question: Beyond voting for him, why on earth would anyone CHOOSE to do business with him?

The following comes from an anti-Trumper (myself): The real seriousness of your "other" question arises from the fact that so many have chosen and do choose. I suppose the obvious answer is that the choice is made because the chooser believes that he or she will make money by so choosing, and one has to imagine that, to a meaningful extent, that belief is born out by reality. Where that leaves us is falling into one of Trump's traps, because it's hard to argue with his business success. Similarly, I think his clown act is another trap because it puts people off taking him seriously which is where I think he would be most vulnerable. I think he understands (and is not uncritical about) the fact that political dialog in this country has been reduced (by control by the media) to sound bites the only real function of which is to project attitudes which serve as dog whistles to recipients who have no knowledge of the subjects and who consequently "go with their guts". So, knowing that, he knows he doesn't have to pay a lot of attention to the details (in which we all know that the Devil resides), as long as his attitudes (shared by so many in this country) are true and authentic, which I think they are (keeping in mind that it appears that his father was, in his father's youth, in the 1920s, a supporter of the Ku Klux Klan - as so many millions in this country were at that time). I think Trump also knows the adage about the lie traveling around the world before the truth can get its pants on, which (considering that he IS a smart guy - probably a lot smarter than many of his Republican Primary opponents) means that, if his attitude-spouting gets him caught at something, he's got plenty of time to learn the truth and figure out a way to deal with it that will prevent him from getting permanently damaged -- all of that, at least so far . . . I apologize deeply for the following, but I cannot help but think of Hitler who, probably all the way up to his election in the early 1930s, was generally thought of as a clown (probably stemming from a combination of the weirdness of trying to foment a revolution from a beer hall, combined with his crazy histrionics; and, although I don't see Trump as suffering from the depth of evil and delusion as Hitler, I do think it is probably long since time that he no longer be treated or thought of as a clown. He's earned the necessity of being taken seriously (again, his weakest point) - before it's too late.
GATC
mikecohen;842541226 said:

The following comes from an anti-Trumper (myself): The real seriousness of your "other" question arises from the fact that so many have chosen and do choose. I suppose the obvious answer is that the choice is made because the chooser believes that he or she will make money by so choosing, and one has to imagine that, to a meaningful extent, that belief is born out by reality. Where that leaves us is falling into one of Trump's traps, because it's hard to argue with his business success. Similarly, I think his clown act is another trap because it puts people off taking him seriously which is where I think he would be most vulnerable. I think he understands (and is not uncritical about) the fact that political dialog in this country has been reduced (by control by the media) to sound bites the only real function of which is to project attitudes which serve as dog whistles to recipients who have no knowledge of the subjects and who consequently "go with their guts". So, knowing that, he knows he doesn't have to pay a lot of attention to the details (in which we all know that the Devil resides), as long as his attitudes (shared by so many in this country) are true and authentic, which I think they are (keeping in mind that it appears that his father was, in his father's youth, in the 1920s, a supporter of the Ku Klux Klan - as so many millions in this country were at that time). I think Trump also knows the adage about the lie traveling around the world before the truth can get its pants on, which (considering that he IS a smart guy - probably a lot smarter than many of his Republican Primary opponents) means that, if his attitude-spouting gets him caught at something, he's got plenty of time to learn the truth and figure out a way to deal with it that will prevent him from getting permanently damaged -- all of that, at least so far . . . I apologize deeply for the following, but I cannot help but think of Hitler who, probably all the way up to his election in the early 1930s, was generally thought of as a clown (probably stemming from a combination of the weirdness of trying to foment a revolution from a beer hall, combined with his crazy histrionics; and, although I don't see Trump as suffering from the depth of evil and delusion as Hitler, I do think it is probably long since time that he no longer be treated or thought of as a clown. He's earned the necessity of being taken seriously (again, his weakest point) - before it's too late.

Good points. We were watching a 3 part series on the history of Hitler. It was interesting because it showed the early years where he was generally thought of as a clown. But by promoting patriotism and finding a common enemy to blame everything on, he got extremely popular. I have faith that the American people will not be like post WWI Germans, but I have to realize that being a Cal grad and living in the Bay Area is quite different from the rest of America. I guess if Sarah Palin can be a VP candidate and be a few votes and a heartbeat from becoming President, anything can happen.
NVBear78
GATC;842541250 said:

Good points. We were watching a 3 part series on the history of Hitler. It was interesting because it showed the early years where he was generally thought of as a clown. But by promoting patriotism and finding a common enemy to blame everything on, he got extremely popular. I have faith that the American people will not be like post WWI Germans, but I have to realize that being a Cal grad and living in the Bay Area is quite different from the rest of America. I guess if Sarah Palin can be a VP candidate and be a few votes and a heartbeat from becoming President, anything can happen.

If an inexperienced ideologue like Obama can get elected anything is possible. The Iran "deal" and Middle East in shambles is what we see as a result..
Shocky1

brandon, please tell your pops thanks

we will never forget#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842522367 said:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4827[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4828[/ATTACH]

are you gonna get season tix(s) to experience in person at haas pavilion the magic of cal basketball on the cusp on potentially the most epic season in the history of cal basketball & football?

jaylen blocked a shot today by pinning it against the backboard with a ferocity & athleticism that we've never seen in berkeley...ivan spins like a perfect diamond & then slams the ball with a lethal quickness that seems almost to be a trick of the lights

to be honest with you, seeing both of them on the court today was kinda surreal

[video=youtube;iVQ3qae_2YE][/video]

ivan & jaylen, i'm counting on both of your votes for the cal basketball theme song this season

let's do this#
Shocky1
the successfully targeted & recruited 2015 class is intended to forever change the trajectory of the cal basketball program, to compete for national championships with high character true student athletes at the #1 public university in the world...coach martin & the staff are not interested in dumb azzs...these guys are elite immediate impact blue chippers with academic ambition, they are all truly diamonds in ways that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball...basketball does not define these diamonds

*****stephen domingo, #35 ranked player in the 2013 class

*****roman davis, top 150 player in the 2015 class

*****leo nikolayevich tolstoy, a late emerging 5 star euro recruit with an actionable offer from the cal staff...leo has got a 4.38 gpa & is considered a strong cal fit in that he is considered the considered the greatest writer ever in russian literature by rivals & scout...his significant production is tempered by his preference for making non violent resistance statements & questioning authority during time outs...lacks lateral mobility & is not a strong on ball defender primairly because he is dead...loves berkeley & is considered a cal lean by 24/7...jeff goodman is tweeting that tolstoy thinks "tucson is a dump"

*****jaylen brown, #1/#2 ranked player in the 2015 class
[IMG]https://nbccollegebasketballtalk.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznpwi5ztbkmtm4 mjdjmwviyjg3ogjjytdmnwm3mzhmzgrm.jpeg" />[/IMG]

*****ivan rabb, #1 ranked (prior to a minor summertime injury) player in the 2015 class

*****brandon mccartney aka lil b, a local berkeley product is known for runnin' his mouth & deadly curses...strong chemistry with jaylen brown but also a defensive liability as brandon chacuca has posted him up/abused him on the aau circuit in iso sets
[video=youtube;eU5PVFjsQG8][/video]

true california golden bears fans will be celebrating the magic of haas with their season tix(s) as them diamonds integrate with the hungry returning nucleus of guys...noted donuts expert sean miller said it best: "cal can win the national championship"

shine bright#
mikecohen
NVBear78;842541449 said:

If an inexperienced ideologue like Obama can get elected anything is possible. The Iran "deal" and Middle East in shambles is what we see as a result..

Does the war crime of aggressive war against Iraq (with no real justification - even in the terms of the people who wrought it), which caused the death, maiming and/or displacement of actually millions of people in the Middle East, and the complete de-stabilization of a country in delicate balance to begin with, plus the globally historic overturning of the political balance between Shia and Sunni in that region, which will now play itself out over maybe another century, plus the squandering of trillions of American dollars, plus the untold waste, in zillions of ways, of American military blood and talent . . . does all of that have anything to do with the "Middle East in shambles", or with the decline of American power and prestige in the region and the whole world???? And will somebody ever say anything specific about what conceivable better deal there could be with Iran outside of some neocon's wet dream and the Republicans' Mad Av strategy to take governmental power by draining our political institutions of meaning? Go bears!
berkeleyhigh91
Mike I'm not sure I agree with everything you are saying but I like how you say it.
HoopDreams

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=6]"Cal has a pair of All-Rolls Royce Diaper Dandies"[/SIZE][/COLOR]

[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/13615499/cuonzo-martin-ready-big-season-cal[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842517923 said:

the bears staff has offered explosive point guard charlie moore, a 5'9" 165 lbs dynamo from chicago public league powerhouse morgan park high school
[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6MCwiaGVpZ2h0IjowLCJ4IjowLjU sInkiOjAuNX0%3D&s=%2FdVBMUpLZb4OrgUkvkSLxvo%2BVx0%3D[/IMG]

moore delivered a signature 31 points last friday nite in las vegas in leading his mac irvin fire to an upset aau victory over cp3 & soundly outplayed uconn commit alterique gilbert...like former bears 2009/2010 pac 12 mvp jerome randle (charlie & rome know each other), moore's got elite deep range & the ability to create shots but also sometimes questionable decision making

illinois (almost year round nasty humid or freezing cold azz weather) is putting the full court press on charlie but it could get real interesting if he decides to take an official visit to the #1 ranked public university in the world located in the beautiful & cosmopolitan san francisco bay area...cali isn't jacket weather like chicago
[video=youtube;pROWAvEzX4Y][/video]

as expected mr charlie moore of chicago, illinois made a huge upward trajectory move in the national rankings & is now ranked #66 in the 2016 class by evan daniels & josh gershon

could charlie become the 3rd dude from the windy city who went to cal & won the pac 12 mvp award following in the footsteps of sean lampley & jerome randle?

one thing is for sure, neither rome or charlie is ever gonna be able to reach the top shelf at walgreens, that **** is not gonna happen

charlie, welcome to berkeley

moore is currently on an official visit to cal & will be attending this morning's basketball practice & then the former bears players alumni lunch coordinated by brian raney before heading over to memorial with the guys for the football game

charlie 4 official visits are cal (september 12th), pittsburgh (september 19th), illinois (september 26th) & memphis (october 3rd)

huge day today for cal basketball with the electric point guard facilitator/distributor/scorer in town...coach webster is so excited he's gonna get his hair styled & do the happy dance

where's the kidd?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including chicago)

50 year decision#
bar20
NVBear78;842541449 said:

We didn't vote for Hitler and you didn't vote for Obama! You now have a chance with Trump!
jyamada
nvbear78;842541449 said:

if an inexperienced ideologue like george w. Bush can get elected anything is possible. The iran "deal" and middle east in shambles is what we see as a result..

fify.
SonOfBlueBallsBear
bar20;842541491 said:

We didn't vote for Hitler and you didn't vote for Obama! You now have a chance with Trump!

Comparing Trump to Hitler is insane. Trump wants to deport illegal immigrants. (They ARE here illegally, and the law DOES call for their deportation.) He has never advocated violence or genocide. On the other hand, Hitler wanted to EXTERMINATE the Jews and KILLED millions of them. PLEASE STOP!

However, comparing ISIS and Hitler might be apprpriate.
parentswerebears
Topics yet to be covered in the monster thread, but coming soon:
Which Pokemon is the best
Euthanasia in youth in Asia
The myriad uses for vinegar and baking soda around the house
Popularized pet names and nicknames in Tuvalu
How to properly use bat guano
Shocky's preferred toilet paper roll direction

Discuss.
berkeleyhigh91
Pop tart or hot pocket?
parentswerebears
berkeleyhigh91;842541547 said:

Pop tart or hot pocket?

Shocky, care to weigh in?
BearlyCareAnymore
SonOfBlueBallsBear;842541514 said:

Comparing Trump to Hitler is insane. Trump wants to deport illegal immigrants. (They ARE here illegally, and the law DOES call for their deportation.) He has never advocated violence or genocide. On the other hand, Hitler wanted to EXTERMINATE the Jews and KILLED millions of them. PLEASE STOP!

However, comparing ISIS and Hitler might be apprpriate.

The whole topic is not appropriate for this thread, but he was very clear that he was not analogizing Trump to Hitler, but the fact that Hitler was not taken seriously and then came to power making the point that people should stop treating Trump like a clown
mikecohen
parentswerebears;842541544 said:

Topics yet to be covered in the monster thread, but coming soon:
Which Pokemon is the best
Euthanasia in youth in Asia
The myriad uses for vinegar and baking soda around the house
Popularized pet names and nicknames in Tuvalu
How to properly use bat guano
Shocky's preferred toilet paper roll direction

Discuss.

When Hugh Gallagher joins us:
bluegrass cello
urban hang gliding
Corduroy evening wear
Full-contact origami
Prizewinning clams
Speaking with Elvis
mikecohen
berkeleyhigh91;842541471 said:

Mike I'm not sure I agree with everything you are saying but I like how you say it.

To quote Sonny Rollins: "Thank you, thank you. Applause to an artist is like food to a hungry man."
parentswerebears
mikecohen;842541714 said:

When Hugh Gallagher joins us:
bluegrass cello
urban hang gliding
Corduroy evening wear
Full-contact origami
Prizewinning clams
Speaking with Elvis

Teach me about full contact origami. Sounds glorious!
Shocky1
berkeleyhigh91;842541547 said:

Pop tart or hot pocket?

hot yoga

her top is not pink, it's fuschia

blungld
mikecohen;842541463 said:

Does the war crime of aggressive war against Iraq (with no real justification - even in the terms of the people who wrought it), which caused the death, maiming and/or displacement of actually millions of people in the Middle East, and the complete de-stabilization of a country in delicate balance to begin with, plus the globally historic overturning of the political balance between Shia and Sunni in that region, which will now play itself out over maybe another century, plus the squandering of trillions of American dollars, plus the untold waste, in zillions of ways, of American military blood and talent . . . does all of that have anything to do with the "Middle East in shambles", or with the decline of American power and prestige in the region and the whole world???? And will somebody ever say anything specific about what conceivable better deal there could be with Iran outside of some neocon's wet dream and the Republicans' Mad Av strategy to take governmental power by draining our political institutions of meaning? Go bears!

It's always refreshing to read/hear smart people. I continue to be surprised by the pap that the same posters regurgitate here--addled and addicted to ideology and outrage.
Shocky1
who were the 3 most impressive players at this morning's basketball practice/scrimmage & basketball alumni lunch?

roman davis fearlessly attacked the basket, dude is not afraid of contact & once he gains more muscle relentlessly working with coach nicodemus, he's gonna be a contributor for the bears

kameron rooks finished around the basketball with one particularly impressive seal & finish vs young ivee

t-wall is a highly competitive wicked bean bag toss standout

this is cal basketball#
mikecohen
blungld;842542429 said:

It's always refreshing to read/hear smart people. I continue to be surprised by the pap that the same posters regurgitate here--addled and addicted to ideology and outrage.

For me (of course): The charm of your post is that I can't tell which category you're putting me in.
blungld
mikecohen;842542448 said:

For me (of course): The charm of your post is that I can't tell which category you're putting me in.

The post is a rorschach––it reveals an inner truth to all who read it.
brj1
the answer, to one of the longest sentences I have read here, or anywhere else, is that the business of war is good business. War Profiteering is the creation of tremendous profit, in either the highest or lowest form, depending on how you view the world. Google Cheney, Richard for more info.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=4]you guys seem to want to ponder questions...

so how about this one, could Michael Jordan (in his prime) beat LeBron James...here the answer straight from Jordan...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;SRvNz2TdAPM][/video]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842519042 said:

my man jaylen brown holding the tree pose

yoga enables one to find their inner strength & quiet the monkey voices that are constantly talking in our heads

let's do this

namastae#

jaylen told me after practice this morning that he started his yoga practice as a high schooler as a result of of shareef abdur rahim sharing with him the many benefits of yoga...i dunno maybe rahim told brown about them curvy yoga brunette females

when i asked jaylen if any of the coaches have exemplified any aptitude in their yoga practices, he kinda laughed which is probably code talk for absolutely ******* not
Shocky1
[video=youtube;h9w5iKUrL0A][/video]

started from the bottom#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Kristine Anigwe[/COLOR], McDonald's All-American[/SIZE]

[COLOR="#0000CD"][SIZE=5]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPID=126529&ATCLID=210318341&DB_OEM_ID=30100[/SIZE][/COLOR]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842541490 said:

charlie, welcome to berkeley

moore is currently on an official visit to cal & will be attending this morning's basketball practice & then the former bears players alumni lunch coordinated by brian raney before heading over to memorial with the guys for the football game

charlie 4 official visits are cal (september 12th), pittsburgh (september 19th), illinois (september 26th) & memphis (october 3rd)

huge day today for cal basketball with the electric point guard facilitator/distributor/scorer in town...coach webster is so excited he's gonna get his hair styled & do the happy dance

where's the kidd?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including chicago)

50 year decision#

charlie's dad had a major health complication (stroke) & the family did not fly to berkeley, the cal official visit will be rescheduled

best wishes to the moore family

Shocky1
after yesterday's basketball practice at haas pavillion, we all walked over to the lunch (no sushi, sorry shocky) in front of dwinelle hall near sather gate...it wasn't the healthiest assortment of foods (probably because coach christopher had the day off) but that's ok i ended up eating on the run near memorial stadium

anyways i got to talk to my 3 favorite former california golden bears plus got to visit with eric mcdonough (a successful attorney in santa monica), michael pitts & anwar mcqueen among others at the event which was coordinated by fellow cal basketball fanatic brian raney

theo robertson, assistant for them world champion golden state warriors, played a key role in the recruitment & development of several of the current bears...theo's future is virtually unlimited with his relentless work ethic

justin labagh, the winningest head coach in the history of college basketball (87% winning record), has got city college of san francisco ready to compete for another california jc state/mythical national championship this upcoming season...2 of his rams shon briggs & jalen canty played in the morning scrimmage & absolutely did not back down in physically pounding with the bears, jalen & young ivee know each other & it got personal

richard midgley, his good looking curvy brunette yoga wife vanessa (cal haas biz school grad like the shockster) & his infant son dominic...sir richard told me his modesto christian crusaders got the fighters to compete for a state of california open division championship now that pain in the azz nemesis young ivee is in berkeley

cal family#
First Page Last Page
Page 222 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.