cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,446 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]Bears beat Huskies[/COLOR][/SIZE]

DeSean Jackson's tweet and instragram post...

OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842556176 said:

beast mode#

Take off that red...ahh, *!@$ it I can't be mad at you Marshawn. GoBears!
Shocky1
bearbackerinla, there is lots of variety among them bears

actionable offers: these rare offers can be accepted at any time by the targeted recruit...they are reserved for prospective student athletes that got the high character relentless work ethics, elite blue chip basketball talent & academic credentials (gpa & test scores) sought by coach martin & the staff...troy brown jr as the #2 player in the 2017 class with a 3.7 gpa has got an actionable offer from the bears

conditional offers: these offers are extended to prospective student athletes that the staff is very interested in recruiting, it's kinda like a promise ring...these guys are constantly evaluated by the staff as relationships are built to determine if a player is good fit from a social, basketball & academic standpoint...they are prioritized on an ongoing basis on the staff's recruiting big board, this information (which is transparently shared by the staff with the recruits) is very sensitive to players & their families so i'm very careful to never share anything which could ever damage the cal basketball program...noah blackwell of woodcreek high school was given a conditional offer by the now departed coach jon harris, noah was told where he stood with respects to prospects ahead of him in line for an actionable offer & further told the necessary academic improvement (blackwell had a 2.8 gpa) that was necessary for admission to cal...noah ended up signing with long beach state

preferred walk ons (pwos): my boyz brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle will be joined by nick kerr this season...xavier valdes will not be returning to the team this season & the staff recently had an open tryout which resulted in another potential guy being identified for consideration...recruited high school pwos will receive preferred consideration for admission into cal...pwos are team 1st guys with outstanding academic credentials, they are unselfish bears that will go on to achieve greatness in all facets of their lives in the future, you can bank on that...my daughter taylor & i love them guys, yeah we're never gonna forget (even if coach martin sometimes forgets their sorry broken down azzs) the walk ons

this foto clearly documents that the importance of yoga within the cal basketball program, just ask jaylen

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal on the National Scene
Plays in 2 of the top 15 games of the season...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
congrats to 2016 javin montgomery delaurier on his commitment to coach k & duke
BearsObserver
thank you for the response and the extracurricular stuff thrown in for free. I learned something new. You may be pleased that I am heeding your advice to support our bears by coming up for a home game. being the self-proclaimed Aussie expert that I am (as evidenced by my exhaustive research during our tour), I plan to attend the St Mary's game what with their Aussie connection and all.

Shocky1;842556485 said:

actionable offers: these rare offers can be accepted at any time by the targeted recruit...they are reserved for prospective student athletes that got the high character relentless work ethics, elite blue chip basketball talent & academic credentials (gpa & test scores) sought by coach martin & the staff...troy brown jr as the #2 player in the 2017 class with a 3.7 gpa has got an actionable offer from the bears

conditional offers: these offers are extended to prospective student athletes that the staff is very interested in recruiting, it's kinda like a promise ring...these guys are constantly evaluated by the staff as relationships are built to determine if a player is good fit from a social, basketball & academic standpoint...they are prioritized on an ongoing basis on the staff's recruiting big board, this information (which is transparently shared by the staff with the recruits) is very sensitive to players & their families so i'm very careful to never share anything which could ever damage the cal basketball program...noah blackwell of woodcreek high school was given a conditional offer by the now departed coach jon harris, noah was told where he stood with respects to prospects ahead of him in line for an actionable offer & further told the necessary academic improvement (blackwell had a 2.8 gpa) that was necessary for admission to cal...noah ended up signing with long beach state

preferred walk ons (pwos): my boyz brenden glapion, nick hamilton & cole welle will be joined by nick kerr this season...xavier valdes will not be returning to the team this season & the staff recently had an open tryout which resulted in another potential guy being identified for consideration...recruited high school pwos will receive preferred consideration for admission into cal...pwos are team 1st guys with outstanding academic credentials, they are unselfish bears that will go on to achieve greatness in all facets of their lives in the future, you can bank on that...my daughter taylor & i love them guys, yeah we're never gonna forget (even if coach martin sometimes forgets their sorry broken down azzs) the walk ons

this foto clearly documents that the importance of yoga within the cal basketball program, just ask jaylen

Shocky1
BearBackerinLA;842556864 said:

thank you for the response and the extracurricular stuff thrown in for free. I learned something new. You may be pleased that I am heeding your advice to support our bears by coming up for a home game. being the self-proclaimed Aussie expert that I am (as evidenced by my exhaustive research during our tour), I plan to attend the St Mary's game what with their Aussie connection and all.

bbla, that's awesome you'll be celebrating the magic of cal basketball in person at our palace

ibelieveNyou
Go Bears✔Go PWO's✔✔Beyond the court, beyond Cal...success✔✔✔

Shocky1;842556485 said:

Shocky1
ibelieveNyou;842556953 said:

Go Bears✔Go PWO's✔✔Beyond the court, beyond Cal...success✔✔✔

taylor & i are inviting every california golden bear fan, every decent human being worldwide & every protester on planet earth who is looking for a cause to support to join us in attending cal basketball games at haas pavilion in order to create a supportive environment for them pwos

exclusive cal's monster class thread foto of my boyz brenden, cole & nick wondering when coach martin is gonna put them in the game

we can't breathe (until this dream is realized)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]kameronrooks22I: got a small circle, I'm not with different crews..... We walk the same path, but got on different shoes 💯🏀 #BG[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842553824 said:

vance will be making a 3,000+ miles official visit to connecticut this weekend...coach kevin ollie has wisely decided to trip jackson during the fall & not the 5-6 month wintertime in upstate connecticut when it's 30-40 degrees & the wind chill factor is ******* freezing

vance, your dad vance sr has been an integral part of your basketball career every step of the way both as a mentor & as a loving parent so it's important that you calculate the potential fiscal impact upon your parents of traveling across the country to see your collegiate games, ok?

cost analysis for your mom & dad to travel to uconn's 1st 2 games of the 2015 season vs maine on november 13th & new hampshire on november 17h:

airfare: delta has 1 stop 6 and a half hours flights from lax to hartford on november 13th & then back home to california on november 18th for $343 per tix
total cost with taxes for 2 adults=$750

car rental: rentals are available at the hartford airport for the slightly less than an hour drive north to storrs
total cost for a 6 day rental & fuel charges=$350

meals: total cost for 2 adults=$300

lodging: best western regent inn is 6 miles from the uconn campus with rates starting at $104 per night
total cost for 5 nights (november 13th-november 17th) including taxes=$600

so it's gonna cost around $2,000 for the trip, are your parents minted?...can they get the required time off from work to make this trip work with their schedules?

yeah, there are $128 sameday non stop roundtrips on southwest airlines from lax to oakland & bart can quickly take you directly to berkeley for a couple of bucks

the loving son#

vance jackson has returned home to california from his uconn official visit this weekend without making a commitment

fun facts: vance flew out to the east coast sitting in the middle row which is lots of fun when you're 6'8"...on the way back the flight from connecticut stopped in baltimore before connecting to oakland

let's be real here, uconn is an academically mediocre school (a cal degree sets you up of life) with a strong basketball history that is a long & expensive distance from home...his childhood friend daniel hamilton will be a sophomore this season, he's not gonna be in storrs forever

vance will make his official visit to cal on thursday...the official visit to memphis (elvis has left the building) has been cancelled...arizona (sean miller is targeting jackson as a plan b for the wildcats) & usc (bennie boatwright is not gonna share the ball and/or playing time at the 4) are still making recruiting sales pitches to the family

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world
OldBlue1999
Mobile site image resizer! Very nice.
HoopDreams
Shocky1
[video=youtube;YkW0vfQDjGc][/video]
concordtom
HoopDreams;842557183 said:

1 Cochran = 2 Lawlers.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842483508 said:

who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
xavier valdes-4.0 gpa@woodlands
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

don't be a dumb azz#

alec, your 3.1 gpa in high school is good, not great (you can do better, you're a smart guy)

your goals for your prep school year should not include just developing basketball skills & s&c growth but just as importantly academic study habits that will facilitate a smooth transition to life in college

a cal degree will open unlimited doors in life, you will be minted

let's do this#
Shocky1

as one of the 13 people to have played the world's top 100 golf courses, it is always exciting when golf magazine (i'm on of the 100 rating panelists for the publication) releases it's world top 100 list every 2 years...i've played the world lists from 2001 thru the new list

guess what, there's a new course near bangkok that i have not played that just made the 2015 list in the october issue, gotta start planning right now to tee it up atayodhya links in thailand...i'm not gonna to play 99 of the current world's top 100 courses, bears finish what they start

laaeo phohp gan mai

the quest (what's your dream?)#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842537975 said:

straight outta the hamptons#

i dunno maybe i'll take doc huf with me to bangkok but probably only if his cheap azz son buys him a box or two of them titleist pro vs

2 dudes with no filter#
Shocky1

my boy sammy "the gym rat" singer is the glue of the 2015 california golden bears basketball team, he makes everybody better both on & off the basketball court

dude is a bb player, just leave him some gym keys for his nighttime workouts...sam singer will not be outworked

i've been following singer's career for a while going back to conversations with his ransom everglades raiders head coach claude grubair re: sam's high character & his special ability to connect with people

one of sammy's endearing qualities is that the dude likes to pat his teammates like jabari on the head like they are dogs...no doubt he's gonna adopt some rescue dogs down the road

nothing to fear#
HoopDreams

[video=youtube;2JsgHDLBH94][/video]

Shocky1

let's do this#
Shocky1
a complicating factor in head coach kevin ollie's recruitment of vance jackson is that he's slowplaying vance as a plan b doghouse option

the huskies priority at the 4 is a wenyen gabriel, a lanky 6'9" 4 that is top 15 player in the 2016 class that has uconn fans drooling at the boneyard for a commitment, he's the big dog in their eyes

gabriel will be officially visiting uconn this weekend...he's already visited kentucky & maryland and still has official visits to providence (october 9th) & duke (october 16th)

not sure if vance is gonna wait around as the huskies back up bitch

go huskies#
Shocky1
freezing azz parka weather in storrs connecticut

not exactly sweater weather in california

don't be a dumb (and frozen) azz#
Shocky1
congrats to john montgomery on returning to the bench as an assistant coach at the university of hawaii, this is a tremendous opportunity to move his career forward after working as the director of basketball operations at my daughter taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

sure miss johnny's sister & my partner in cal basketball crowd noise, annie montgomery...there were road games 2 seasons ago when literally the only bears energy was mike stomping his feet and both annie & i screaming our azzs off behind the cal bench

great family, too bad sarah kicks mike's sorry broken down azz all the time on the course at orinda country club

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Congrates to John

[COLOR="#006400"]Go Bows![/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1;842558542 said:

congrats to john montgomery on returning to the bench as an assistant coach at the university of hawaii, this is a tremendous opportunity to move his career forward after working as the director of basketball operations at my daughter taylor's dream school, the university of san francisco

sure miss johnny's sister & my partner in cal basketball crowd noise, annie montgomery...there were road games 2 seasons ago when literally the only bears energy was mike stomping his feet and both annie & i screaming our azzs off behind the cal bench

great family, too bad sarah kicks mike's sorry broken down azz all the time on the course at orinda country club

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Who would win in a game of one-on-one in my driveway?

4 Star 2016 Cal commit Jaelyn Brown from Marrieta (GA) or 5 Star Freshmen Jaylen Brown from Murrieta (CA)?[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842546084 said:

as you relentlessly prepare for your upcoming high school season this fall, maybe you should do the following quick homework assignment & check out the worldwide academic reputations of your potential collegiate options?

let's be real here, if the nba doesn't mint you, then you're gonna have to utilize your educational opportunities to achieve your dreams & build a better life for you & your family particularly moms...even if the nba does mint you, you gotta have financial skills & a strong education to make sure you prosper for the years ahead in terms of sound investment strategies & raising intellectually curious children...trust me, the girl of your dreams doesn't wanna date/marry a dumb azz and then have stoopid azz kids with him

so check out the link below for the schools on your list, ok?

http://www.usnews.com/education/best-global-universities/rankings?int=9cf408

successful student athletes got academic ambition, dumb azz ballers limit themselves & just blindly hope they never get injured...if you go to an academically mediocre school like arizona or kentucky and get injured you are ******...basketball is gonna be done with you eventually, plan wisely for that day

don't be a dumb azz#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (and #3 ranked overall) university in the world

vance, as you get ready for tomorrow's official visit to cal why don't you do a quick homework assignment & compare the worldwide academic rankings of cal & uconn, ok?

where the **** is uconn ranked?...a degree from an academically mediocre school like uconn is almost worthless on the west coast after your basketball days are over unless it's your lifelong dream to work security at paseo colorado

50 year decision#
Shocky1
vance, if you're trouble finding uconn in the worldwide rankings link above, no worries

i'm here to help (that's what i do), uconn is ranked above the highly esteemed milan school of cosmetology...pretty sure about that

academic ambition#
Shocky1
congrats to jonah mathews, an outstanding student athlete, on his commitment to them usc trojans

fight on#
BoaltBear
BeatLA#
Shocky1
why is t-wall the undisputed leader of this year's california golden bears?

is it because he's gonna graduate from the #1 ranked public university in the world this spring fulfilling a promise to his deceased grandfather charles johnson that he would become the 1st person in the family to earn a college diploma?

is it because he's gonna pursue his nba aspirations with the safety net of a minted cal education?

is it because he's better at video games than the king & jabari?

is it because his girlfriend ms alcantar is one of them hot brunette yoga females?

wake the **** up, it's none of those reasons, it's because he wears fuschia (it's not pink)

yeah, berkeley is truly midnight city...who knew that huf plays the sax

50 year friendships#
Shocky1
it should be noted that per the foto above that the king is in the developmental stages of adding fuschia to his wardrobe

50 year fashion decisions#
Shocky1
[ATTACH=CONFIG]5087[/ATTACH]
click for larger image

the shockster got no problem wearing fuschia (it's not pink) with his fashionista daughter taylor

this **** is getting live#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842559256 said:

it should be noted that per the foto above that the king is in the developmental stages of adding fuschia to his wardrobe

50 year fashion decisions#

as for jabari in this foto, he's not gonna be bothered with that foo foo lame ****

what not to wear#
stu
Shocky1;842559256 said:

Looks to me like the King has been smitten by the girl in the Duluth TV ad.

First Page Last Page
Page 226 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.