cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,289,840 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[FONT=Georgia][SIZE=5]"For me it was just getting away from home and experiencing something different," Brown says. "Twenty years from now I want to be able to tell my kids or grandkids what I did when I was 18 years old in Northern California other than just being at home and staying in my area for the rest of my life."[/SIZE][/FONT]

HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]do what the man says...[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]other entries...[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]the force is strong in this one...[/SIZE]

south bender
HoopDreams;842618346 said:

Sam's arithmetic could be better. 5/8 occurs halfway through our games this year. We are not yet at the end of the OOC 13, followed by minimally 19 more conference games.

Go Bears!
south bender
Shocky1;842618338 said:

south bender has made it clear that i owe him & the 7/11 employees in walnut creek an apology, that's totally understandable

ok, you got it, i should've stated that "this is what your dumb azz is gonna look like working the afternoon shift at the wendys in fremont in a couple of years if you don't start studying for your finals"

shocky needs more yoga#

Shocky,

I am so impressed with your sensitivity and soul searching.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842612877 said:

it's kinda like lou richie told me "when ivan touches the ball, good things happen"

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the time is now#

are the bears improving in feeding young ivee down low in the blocks where he can do severe & permanent damage to opponents, are the coaches scheming to put him in opportunities to successfully develop, are his teammates decisively passing him the ball when he successfully flashes open, is ivan posting up strong & a presenting wide target?

note: many of ivan's shots are putbacks on offensive rebounds, that's individual effort not the bears feeding him

rice: 6 out of 8 field goals, 7 offensive boards (13 rebounds total), 2 out of 2 free throws, 14 points
santa barbara: 1 out of 3 field goals, 0 offensive boards (3 rebounds total) 10 out of 10 free throws, 12 points
east carolina: 5 out of 7 field goals, 6 offensive boards (13 rebounds total), 4 out of 6 free throws, 14 points
sam houston: 4 out of 8 field goals, 1 offensive board (5 rebounds), no free throws, 8 points
san diego state: 7 out of 10 field goals, 4 offensive boards (9 rebounds), 4 out of 6 free throws, 18 points
richmond: 6 out of 9 field goals, 3 offensive boards (6 rebounds), 1 out of 3 free throws, 13 points
east carolina: 5 out of 7 field goals, 7 offensive boards (13 rebounds), 4 out of 6 free throws, 14 points
wyoming: 5 out of 5 field goals, 1 offensive board (5 rebounds), 3 out of 3 free throws, 13 points
incarnate word: 5 out of 6 field goals, 2 offensive boards (11 rebounds), 2 of 5 free throws, 12 points

on the season rabb is averaging 12.4 ppg on an amazingly efficient 68.3% & 74.3% on free throws along with 8.2 rpg

yeah, kinda think lou is right

ivan rabb update:

st mary: 7 out of 13 field goals, 4 offensive boards (11 rebounds), 1 out of 1 free throw, 15 points

the bears gotta build on this season high number of shots for young ivee until he's taking 15+ (ideally 20) shots every game, that's gonna be necessary for this cal team to reach its elite potential

rabb's gotta authoritatively insist upon the ball with both a physical style of posting up/presenting a wide target & verbal demands for the entry pass

ivan, see that dude to the left in the foto below, that's you my friend...and do you see that little man to the right, that's your sorry azz opponent

got it?

do you know what lou richie told me is his pet peeve about coaching you?...it's you wasting your off the charts athleticism/talent by settling for fadeaway jumpers

that **** is not acceptable, take the ******* basketball decisively & aggressively to the basket thereby causing severe & permanent damage to opponents, this really shouldn't be that complicated...don't even tell me that miss paddlebrooks is meaner than you, ok?

come on, young ivee, let's do this...did you grow up in oaktown or what?

******* mismatch#
eliu01
south bender;842618402 said:

Sam's arithmetic could be better. 5/8 occurs halfway through our games this year. We are not yet at the end of the OOC 13, followed by minimally 19 more conference games.

Go Bears!

I think he's referring to his scholastic career. not this season.

Go Bears indeed!
south bender
eliu01;842618412 said:

Go Bears indeed!

Good correction. I did not think of that. Thanks.

Go Bears!
Shocky1
south bender;842618405 said:

Shocky,

I am so impressed with your sensitivity and soul searching.

dom arigato, monsieur sb

Shocky1
eliu01;842618412 said:

Go Bears indeed!

i dunno i kinda thought sammy was talking about the kardashians or something

elderbear
do you know what lou richie told me is his pet peeve about coaching you?...it's you wasting your off the charts athleticism/talent by settling for fadeaway jumpers

that **** is not acceptable, take the ******* basketball decisively & aggressively to the basket thereby causing severe & permanent damage to opponents, this really shouldn't be that complicated...don't even tell me that miss paddlebrooks is meaner than you, ok?

For ballers skilled enough to play college ball, college becomes the time to perfect those moves initially tried in high school. Ivan is not settling for fade-away jumpers, he's trying to master them, trying to add versatility to his game.
If you get to a game early enough to watch the open warm-ups prior to the organized team warm-ups, you see players working extensively on personal choices (foul shooting, three-pointers, spin moves, dribbling, whatever). Ivan spends the bulk of his free time practicing fade-away jumpers. His interest is in adding to his game, not merely running up the score. I think he is doing exactly the right thing...
Shocky1
elderbear;842618446 said:

For ballers skilled enough to play college ball, college becomes the time to perfect those moves initially tried in high school. Ivan is not settling for fade-away jumpers, he's trying to master them, trying to add versatility to his game.
If you get to a game early enough to watch the open warm-ups prior to the organized team warm-ups, you see players working extensively on personal choices (foul shooting, three-pointers, spin moves, dribbling, whatever). Ivan spends the bulk of his free time practicing fade-away jumpers. His interest is in adding to his game, not merely running up the score. I think he is doing exactly the right thing...

elder, your advice for ivan makes no sense at all if rabb's goals are to help the bears win basketball games & then get minted in the nba

bad decisions#
Shocky1
elder, i would also point out that richard solomon used to practice 3 pointers during warm ups

that's a wannabe stretch forward 4 that left cal without a degree & now lives in his mom's garage
dal9
Shocky1;842618448 said:

where do you get these, lol?

by the way Martin's defensive philosophy is to stay in position and contest instead of reaching or gambling for steals, so the turnovers forced are always gonna be low.
Shocky1
"these are probably the best group of guys i've worked with as a group...they're learning each other, that doesn't happen overnight"

"let's be real here, shocky knows everything"

-coach martin

[video=youtube;VuSVlsX2XS0][/video]
Shocky1
congratulations to all you students associated with the cal basketball program for finishing finals at the #1 ranked public university in the world

that is a remarkable accomplishment & represents your academic ambition to become mentally limitless

if i ran the zoo we would learn to how to make successful entry passes to young ivee, we would aggressively take the ******* ball away from opponents & knock them on their azzs, and all of you would get a star upon thar (and not from further afar) from a curvy brunette yoga female

Shocky1
Shocky1;842617359 said:

incarnate word (3-5) which had cal on the ropes late in the game at haas pavilion lost to our lady of the lake 99-97

let's be real here, i'll bet nobody know where that lady of the lake school is even located

roadtrip#

the incarnate word cardinals (4-5) weather proofed the storied st johns red storm (7-4) of the big east 73-51 in new york

and for the dumb azzs who think the red storm (coached by chris mullin) aren't that good this season, st johns took down syracuse 84-72 in their previous game

cal state bakersfield#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842522355 said:

taylor clowning with nick hamilton with a special photobomb by the king

brenden glapion showed us his locker, dude has got more shoes than taylor

the smartest guy (gates scholarship) on the cal basketball team with taylor telling the world nick's current gpa

taylor's dumb azz dad, she made me promise before the event that i would not embarazz her (again)...sorry sweetie

taylor is very excited to travel to berkeley tomorrow morning with her big bro kyle (who looks like nick hamilton) & his girlfriend ashley along with her dumb azz dad

sometimes i just shake my head & laugh that one of the strongest bonds we share is our love for them california golden bears, life is definitely not linear

look, i would never tell coach martin how to do his job but he had better seriously consider playing her boyz if he don't wanna feel the wrath of taylor

love you, sweetie
Shocky1
coppin state eagles lose an overtime road heartbreaker 96-93 to the usf dons tonite in san francisco

competitors#
HoopDreams
[video=youtube;40aY4pHQM4I][/video]
Shocky1

yoga pants#
Shocky1

coppin state (2-9) has played more than half of their games on the road including last night's courageous overtime loss to the university of san francisco in the city

the eagles are led by 6'2" 180 lbs christian kessee (11.3 ppg) & 6' 170 lbs james sylvester (11.1 ppg on 48.3% 3 pointers)...6'8" 205 lbs terry harris jr scorched the nets vs usf for 27 points...like incarnate word, coppin state got a bunch of athletic mid sized guy that compete

so the questions heading into today's 4:00 pm battle at haas pavilion are is this gonna be another lupe fiasco like cal state bakersfield in front of a mute azz zombie crowd?...are the bears gonna take advantage of their huge mismatch advantage with ivan rabb?...is my boy jaylen brown gonna smile & confidently nod his head while relentlessly competing like a true yoga master?...is cal gonna bring 100% defensive pressure & actually force any turnovers?...are these guys gonna play like happy little kids without a care in the world playing basketball on the playground with their best friends?

finals are over, let's freelance in pushing harder a faster tempo fast break & get those constipated sorry broken down gerbils out of our azzs

let's do this

cal basketball is fun#
Shocky1
let's be real here, kim k has made it very clear that she's gonna dump kanye for kayne jr (me) primarily because of my sincere interest in fashion/shopping (ysl) & going to yoga with her plus she's agreed to caddie & carry my golf bag on future trips

yeah, kim k is gonna be at all the bears games next season...and that dumb azz tyson thought he was gonna get all the attention

right

kicks#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=7]Game day![/SIZE]

BearsObserver
Cal recruiting target Ira Lee's latest game stats ...

BearsObserver
Matthew Turner?

https://www.sny.tv/college-recruiting/news/blair-academy-point-guard-matt-turner-poised-to-get-more-high-major-offers/157531904
Shocky1

left to right, brandon "love them filipinas" chauca, brenden "son in law" glapion, nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton, cole "surfer dude" welle, nick "downtown" kerr, kingsley "straight outta darby" okoroh & roger "guerrier" moute a bidias

believe me, my boyz the walk ons are the only ones that can get the job done...they're not trying to find anybody else to beat

the prez of the brenden glapion fan club is still excited beyond her wildest imagination that the smooth lefty scored a basket, that nick kerr threw down 2 moneyballs from downtown & that cole welle physically knocked some guys on their azzs around the basket

only way this **** could be better is gonna be when nick hamilton gets out of rehab

yeah, this was probably the bears best game in terms of passing intentions, guys were looking for each other with better vision...actual facilitation is still an issue but progress was evident this afternoon at haas pavilion

the magic of cal basketball#
BearsObserver

Shocky1;842617351 said:

cal has offered brandon mccoy, a 7' 235 lbs true 5 & top 25 player in the 2017 class from cathedral high school (previously attended morse) who has an opportunity to become one of the best players to ever come out of san diego

mccoy is already a relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement
[video=youtube;YPp2FJHIkKQ][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in potential careers in either pharmacy or marine biology when his basketball playing days are done with him...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

yeah, the staff expects to sign multiple players in 2017 & there's no doubt that mccoy would be a standout center for cal's touch the sky class (2017)...brandon is truly a special young man with heart & skills that extend far beyond playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

brandon visited with the cal staff in berkeley on a saturday morning in october & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic 2017 class game this afternoon with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

actionable offer#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal dominated Coppin State, winning by 33
Everyone joined in the House Party[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;JC_4l7bFKJk][/video]

Shocky1
there's 8 minutes left in the game this afternoon & i notice the coppin state player 3 guys to the left of the coach staring directly across the floor at taylor who is sitting courtside

taylor notices his gaze & stares back

eventually taylor points at herself & mouths "are you looking at me?'

the coppin state player nods yes

taylor gives him a little hand wave

he gives her a little hand wave back

this is all during a d1 college basketball game

Shocky1
the california golden bears left directly after this afternoon game for a red eye team flight to washington dc

glamarous#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;rJIWCicFcTM][/video]
Shocky1
[video=youtube;I76eXlsxImY][/video]
Shocky1
utah (9-2) takes down #7 ranked duke 77-75

road warriors#
First Page Last Page
Page 255 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.