cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,956 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
ucla loses its 4th game of the season 89-76 to north carolina

the loses are piling up kinda like alford's promises to recruits re: returning championship basketball to westwood

where's the scooby snacks?

Shocky1
wyoming (7-4) squeaks by omaha 76-75, the bears need the cowboys to win 20+ games this season

rpi#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582683 said:

team: washington huskies

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 9th place

coach: lorenzo "blurred lines" romar

what you need to know about romar: lorenzo is a good man who has made bad choices with respects to troubled players that has resulted in the downward trajectory of the washington basketball program...after a successful run in seattle with 3 sweet sixteen teams romar inexplicably continued to play venoy overton despite allegations that he had raped a minor...overton later was arrested for pimping out underage girls for prostitution & romar's star fell in the eyes of recruits & their moms

what up in seattle?: last year former fresno state transfer robert upshaw was kicked out of school after drug charges & the team went into a tailspin which eventually resulted in a shakeup of more than half the roster...the huskies have missed the ncca tournament the last 4 years while attendance has declined...romar is on the hot seat with basketball apathy at an all time high in seattle...andrew andrews (15.0 ppg & 4.3 apg) is the only experienced d1 player on the roster...there's young talent coming in but how many of the freshmen will transfer out when playing time expectations/team chemistry are an issue?

"after careful consideration and discussions with coach romar, i have decided that it is in my best interests to transfer from the university of washington...while i have enjoyed my time in the dawg pound, with the absolute upheaval surrounding the washington basketball program at this time, now is the time to transfer effective immediately...i would also like to take this opportunity to set the record straight that lindsay brauner's recent tweets that i'm gonna be a guard dog at robert upshaw's trap house are completely baseless and factually inaccurate"
-the washington husky

the washington husky is the 8th member of the program to leave the program:

**mike anderson (out of eligibility)
**shawn kemp jr (out of eligibility)
**jernard jarreau (tulane)
**darin johnson (cal state earthquake)
**gilles dierickx (seattle pacific)
**nigel williams-goss (gonzaga)
**robert upshaw (nba and/or prison)

"after meeting with coach romar it has become abundantly clear that he's heading in an entirely new direction and therefore we will no longer be cheering for the washington huskys at future basketball games"
-washington huskys cheerleaders & dance team

what this means for the bears: the cal staff has an opportunity to actively recruit true student athletes like jaylen nowell in the seattle metro area as the huskies class size imbalance will severely restrict the # of schollys washington can offer for incoming players for several years (kinda like usc football ncca scholly sanctions) regardless of whether romar is retained or not in the future

playing all the incoming freshmen with their playing expectations could create more chemistry problems in seattle

washington (7-3) loses at home to oakland 97-83

i dunno maybe oakland college is near the ol' yeller cafe of something

lorenzo can recruit, not coach#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582662 said:

team: stanford cardinals

shockster 2015/2016 pac 12 prediction: 11th place

coach: johnny "the roadrunner" dawkins

what you need to know about dawkins: the hyperactive roadrunner has the annoying practice of doing a 60 second taliban like lectures in front of the bench with each player (they are not allowed to speak during this very public humiliation) after every substitution in order to publicly embarrass them instead of just letting them sit down...and yeah, johnny is also the worst game managing coach in the pac 12 with less than 5 minutes left in the game which has contributed to the cards missing the ncca tournament 6 out of his 7 years on the farm...beep, beep

what's up in palo alto?: the cardinals 3 best players chasson randle (19.6 ppg), anthony brown (14.8 ppg & 6.9 rpg) & stefen "frankenstein" nastic (13.4 ppg & 6.5 rpg) are all gone leaving only role players like the allen twins (who took sammy singer's stanford offer), enforcer reid travis, skinny big michael humphrey & incoming freshman cameron walker (note to the bears staff: strong gpa recruits from non urban & highly sheltered family backgrounds will almost pick stanford over cal, don't waste your time)

but make no mistake about it, nasty was the fugliest dude in the pac 12 last season

dude scared the **** out of a lot of little children by smiling at them

good thing for nastic is that it is one of life's basic truths that hot girls from academically mediocre schools like oregon and arizona want to date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads...so there's always hope for stefen

what this means for the bears: if the bears can push tempo against the non plus 1 athletic cards, a sweep of both pac 12 games is a real possibility this season...and then hopefully stanford athletic director bernard muir will lock up johnny with a 5 year guaranteed contract...look at the mr brightside, with the perennial top 5 worst (along with usc) attendance numbers in collegiate basketball, we can turn maples pavilion into haas south on gameday in palo alto...beep, beep

johnny dawkins takes another step towards the unemployment line as the stanford cardinals (5-4) lose to the texas longhorns 75-73 in front of a reported 467 apathetic fans in palo alto

true cal basketball program fans/supporters (you know, the ones that actually go to games instead of just sitting on their lazy azzs watching the guys on tv) gotta circle thursday january 14th at 8:00 pm on the calendars to make the short road trip down to the farm as we transform stanford's piece of **** gym into a hostile home crowd atmosphere for the bears

beep, beep#
petalumabear
Shocky1;842619125 said:

utah (9-2) takes down #7 ranked duke 77-75

road warriors#

I don't agree with you on much but have to give you credit for walking the talk. Our seats are across the court from where you and your daughter sat last night. Good enthusiasm and support. Glad to see you in white last night a more Cal-appropriate color. My Duck son and I really enjoyed the game and it was great seeing the Bears dominate for a change. We're getting there, game by game. Go Bears![ATTACH=CONFIG]5364[/ATTACH]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]on one scramble play where the ball went out of bounds, Shocky jumped up and signaled Cal ball. He's a fan and a ref now. What can't this man do?!?!![/SIZE]

petalumabear;842619144 said:

I don't agree with you on much but have to give you credit for walking the talk. Our seats are across the court from where you and your daughter sat last night. Good enthusiasm and support. Glad to see you in white last night a more Cal-appropriate color. My Duck son and I really enjoyed the game and it was great seeing the Bears dominate for a change. We're getting there, game by game. Go Bears![ATTACH=CONFIG]5364[/ATTACH]
Shocky1
what up, 2017 cal prospective recruits?

is coach martin the kinda guy you wanna be mentored by during your college days?

[video=youtube;H2Aowbpv0XM][/video]

the love train#
Shocky1

a key development vs coppin state was the bears running several sets with the intent to post up jaylen brown down low in the blocks to exploit his height & physicality vs smaller defenders

as virgina plays primarily man to man defense it is to the bears advantage to feed jaylen for high percentage shots in the paint

it should be mentioned that my brother in spiritual yoga enlightenment also got 5 assists & 6 boards

gotta love that guy from atlanta

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=big+grams+fell+in+the+sun&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

namastae#
mikecohen
Shocky1;842619338 said:

a key development vs coppin state was the bears running several sets with the intent to post up jaylen brown down low in the blocks to exploit his height & physicality vs smaller defenders

as virgina plays primarily man to man defense it is to the bears advantage to feed jaylen for high percentage shots in the paint

it should be mentioned that my brother in spiritual yoga enlightenment also got 5 assists & 6 boards

gotta love that guy from atlanta

https://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=big+grams+fell+in+the+sun&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

namastae#

But, Shocky: The main feature of their defense is that they pack the paint in derogation of pressuring 3s; so you need to devise another strategy to pass down to Cuonzo and the fellows.
Shocky1
mikecohen;842619340 said:

But, Shocky: The main feature of their defense is that they pack the paint in derogation of pressuring 3s; so you need to devise another strategy to pass down to Cuonzo and the fellows.

mike, pretty sure the gameplan for this season don't resolve around getting coach martin the ball down low in the post with isolation sets no matter how much the opponents are jamming the paint

NVBear78
HoopDreams;842619185 said:

[SIZE=5]on one scramble play where the ball went out of bounds, Shocky jumped up and signaled Cal ball. He's a fan and a ref now. What can't this man do?!?!![/SIZE]

Ha, I saw that too. Go
Shocky, Go Bears!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]ira lee = super talent[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842612877 said:

it's kinda like lou richie told me "when ivan touches the ball, good things happen"

https://vimeo.com/45797764

the time is now#

are the bears improving in feeding young ivee down low in the blocks where he can do severe & permanent damage to opponents, are the coaches scheming to put him in opportunities to successfully develop, are his teammates decisively passing him the ball when he successfully flashes open, is ivan posting up strong & a presenting wide target?

note: many of ivan's shots are putbacks on offensive rebounds, that's individual effort not the bears feeding him

rice: 6 out of 8 field goals, 7 offensive boards (13 rebounds total), 2 out of 2 free throws, 14 points
santa barbara: 1 out of 3 field goals, 0 offensive boards (3 rebounds total) 10 out of 10 free throws, 12 points
east carolina: 5 out of 7 field goals, 6 offensive boards (13 rebounds total), 4 out of 6 free throws, 14 points
sam houston: 4 out of 8 field goals, 1 offensive board (5 rebounds), no free throws, 8 points
san diego state: 7 out of 10 field goals, 4 offensive boards (9 rebounds), 4 out of 6 free throws, 18 points
richmond: 6 out of 9 field goals, 3 offensive boards (6 rebounds), 1 out of 3 free throws, 13 points
east carolina: 5 out of 7 field goals, 7 offensive boards (13 rebounds), 4 out of 6 free throws, 14 points
wyoming: 5 out of 5 field goals, 1 offensive board (5 rebounds), 3 out of 3 free throws, 13 points
incarnate word: 5 out of 6 field goals, 2 offensive boards (11 rebounds), 2 of 5 free throws, 12 points
st marys: 7 our of 13 field goals, 4 offensive boards (11 rebounds), 1 out of 1 free throw, 15 points
coppin state: 3 out of 4 field goals, 5 offensive boards (9 rebounds), 7 out of 9 free throws, 13 points

on the season rabb is averaging 12.7 ppg on an amazingly efficient 66.3% & 75/6% on free throws along with 8.5 rpg

yeah, kinda think lou is right

the bears gotta keep building on feeding young ivee until he's taking 15+ (ideally 20) shots every game, that's gonna be necessary for this cal team to reach its elite potential

rabb's gotta authoritatively insist upon the ball with both a physical style of posting up/presenting a wide target & verbal demands for the entry pass

ivan, see that dude to the left in the foto below, that's you my friend...and do you see that little man to the right, that's your sorry azz opponent

got it?

do you know what lou richie told me is his pet peeve about coaching you?...it's you wasting your off the charts athleticism/talent by settling for fadeaway jumpers

that **** is not acceptable, take the ******* basketball decisively & aggressively to the basket thereby causing severe & permanent damage to opponents, this really shouldn't be that complicated...don't even tell me that asha thomas or miss paddlebrooks is meaner than you, ok?

come on, young ivee, let's do this...did you grow up in oaktown or what?

******* mismatch#

ivan, i mentally tracked/charted your establishment of position on every offensive sequence vs coppin state

you are not getting low enough in the blocks, your ability to do damage at 15 feet is minimal but under 5 feet you are ******* unbreakable...this really isn't that complicated, let's get it minted vs virginia, ok?

lets be real here, i'm the only person other than moms tami who really cares about your problems, that's just the way of the world...even them curvy brunette yoga females are unreliable sometimes

you play with a bunch of sorry broken down azz clowns (including your myopic roommate) who missed you on several lobs saturday vs coppin state that could've have resulted in several california earthquake slam dunks despite the fact you were clearly signaling your preference with your hands & fingers pointed upwards...no wonder you got only 4 shots vs the eagles

why the **** can't your teammates ever lob you the ball?...do you smell bad or something?

young ivee, you play with the worst ******* lob passing team in the history of college basketball, this **** really pisses me off too, i feel your pain

and yeah, the raiders lost today too

the ugly truth re: cal basketball#
Shocky1

Dear Cal basketball players,

How are you?

I am NOT fine.

There's seems to be some miscommunications within the Cal basketball program that I would like to constructively help resolve at this time. I'm a problem solver, ok?

When Ivan Rabb is moving towards the basket with his hands & fingers pointing upwards he is not trying to tell you he loves Astronomy 10 & that he knows the location of Uranus.

The reason he is pointing upwards with his hands & fingers is because he wants you to ******* lob him the ******* basketball.

Young Ivee, you are a businessman. Your office is 5 feet from that basket, that's where you need to post up opposing defenders. Posting up 15 feet from the basket is not you office, that's the ******* unemployment line, ok?

Please turn off your social media devices & get some sleep.

Don't be dumb azzs.

Best regards,

Shocky aka Shay & Taylor's Dad

concordtom
Shocky1;842619408 said:

you play with a bunch of [U]sorry broken down azz clowns[/U] (including your [U]myopic[/U] roommate) who missed you on several lobs saturday vs coppin state that could've have resulted in several california earthquake slam dunks despite the fact you were clearly signaling your preference with your hands & fingers pointed upwards...no wonder you got only 4 shots vs the eagles

You SUCK as a Cal fan!
One moment you are saying how awesome they are. The next you are calling them names.
Wow.
Who else in the front row has this level of class.
The thing is, everyone knows who you are. I won't be surprised when someone late in a game allows a ball to sail right thru their hands and into your face. Or chases a loose ball right over your noggin.
Oh, sorry sir, are you okay? Did that drink spill on your fuscia shirt?

What happened to the concept that the MEB fund stood for? E for Excellence is no more, eh?
Perhaps your enthusiasm has become a bit too unbridled.
concordtom
Shocky1;842619424 said:

Dear Cal basketball players,

How are you?

I am NOT fine.

There's seems to be some miscommunications within the Cal basketball program that I would like to constructively help resolve at this time. I'm a problem solver, ok?

When Ivan Rabb is moving towards the basket with his hands & fingers pointing upwards he is not trying to tell you he loves Astronomy 10 & that he knows the location of Uranus.

The reason he is pointing upwards with his hands & fingers is because he wants you to ******* lob him the ******* basketball.

Young Ivee, you are a businessman. Your office is 5 feet from that basket, that's where you need to post up opposing defenders. Posting up 15 feet from the basket is not you office, that's the ******* unemployment line, ok?

Please turn off your social media devices & get some sleep.

Don't be dumb azzs.

Best regards,

Shocky aka Shay & Taylor's Dad
]

I was going to suggest you try your hand at ACTUALLY COACHING.
Then again, you remind me of my hs bb coach whose insulting lectures along these lines sucked the confidence out of me, and many other players. So, who would want to play for you?

How come you don't sign this as also your son's father? Has he disowned you for this blog?
By the way, you mentioned that your graduating daughter wants to go to USF as her dream school. Where does your son go, currently?

Never mind.
(step away from the bar)
concordtom
You said long ago that you created this blog to attract high school recruits. You admitted that your sophomoric antics are written to attract the attention of young and immature prospects - thus the boob shots and the attempted "hip" lingo. I'm not sure they are reading these critical posts with intrigue, saying to themselves, "Wow, I want to go to Cal!", as you intended.
Editorially speaking, change it up.
south bender
There is the rumor going around that if Cuonzo's charges do not crush this Virginia team, Cuonzo will be immediately replaced by Shocky!
south bender
concordtom;842619514 said:

You said long ago that you created this blog to attract high school recruits. You admitted that your sophomoric antics are written to attract the attention of young and immature prospects - thus the boob shots and the attempted "hip" lingo. I'm not sure they are reading these critical posts with intrigue, saying to themselves, "Wow, I want to go to Cal!", as you intended.
Editorially speaking, change it up.

And there is reason to imagine Shocky has anything other than sophomoric antics?
Shocky1
sb & tom, i'm not listening to you

concordtom
Shocky1;842619543 said:

sb & tom, i'm not listening to you

Yeah, and we don't read your blog, either.
NVGolfingBear
concordtom;842619697 said:

Yeah, and we don't read your blog, either.

So, uh, what is this post about then...?
concordtom
NVGolfingBear;842619702 said:

So, uh, what is this post about then...?

lol

+/- The monster class that is now juniors. (old)
- donuts.
- golf.
- daughters.
- ripping on opposing coaches.
- T&A.
- complaining.
+ introduction of any high school player that has tie to Cal basketball.
+/- occasional revelation of something that shouldn't necessarily be revealed (like a non-admitted student's GPA) and something that is an intriguing revelation (like an injury report, or some other inside scoop).
++ the best submissions have been by recruits family members, such as Marcus Lee's brother, though that may not have occurred in this thread (though he [along with Aaron Gordon] was probably one of the original Monster Recruits - neither of whom picked Cal.
- repetition of past posts just to bump the blog to the top of the list without saying anything new.
NVGolfingBear
concordtom;842619729 said:

lol

+/- The monster class that is now juniors. (old)
- donuts.
- golf.
- daughters.
- ripping on opposing coaches.
- T&A.
- complaining.
+ introduction of any high school player that has tie to Cal basketball.
+/- occasional revelation of something that shouldn't necessarily be revealed (like a non-admitted student's GPA) and something that is an intriguing revelation (like an injury report, or some other inside scoop).
++ the best submissions have been by recruits family members, such as Marcus Lee's brother, though that may not have occurred in this thread (though he [along with Aaron Gordon] was probably one of the original Monster Recruits - neither of whom picked Cal.
- repetition of past posts just to bump the blog to the top of the list without saying anything new.

Hey you if don't want to read it, well then don't read it...

I like it for the golf references (duh), all Cal support.

And Dana Altman IS a criminal.
concordtom
NVGolfingBear;842619734 said:

Hey you if don't want to read it, well then don't read it...

I like it for the golf references (duh), all Cal support.

And Dana Altman IS a criminal.

I keep waiting for Marcus Lee's brother to come back and shove it in our faces.
Here's a start:
http://www.courier-journal.com/story/sports/college/kentucky/2015/12/12/lee-does-what-labissiere-cant-uk-tops-asu/77210788/
Good for him!

...It ain't all that, though.
Marcus is averaging, finally in his 3rd season:
22 mins
8.8 pts
7.2 rebs
2.1 blocks

That's a good contribution, but who here thinks he would have gotten that during his FIRST year, and who knows where he'd be by now in his 3rd season as a starter. But good for him!
Shocky1
kam: shocky is making fun of us, calling us sorry broken down azz clowns who don't know how to make a lob pass

sammy: what's a lob pass?

jaylen: and he brags how he can do a better headstand than me too, that hurts

ivan: plus shocky says we don't know how to have fun playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

coach webster: what's for dinner, not gonna eat anymore rubber chicken on this trip that's for sure

cole: where's the beach around here?

coach martin: we gotta keep that shocky further afar

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]#21 Cal women beats #19 UCLA in DOUBLE OT 108 to 104[/SIZE][/FONT]
Junior Courtney Range with 29 points, 12 rebounds, 4 assists and a block
Kristine Anigwe with 25 points and 10 boards, 2 steals and a block before fouling out
Penina Davidson with 15 points and a key rebound and put back in OT before fouling out
Mikayla Cowling with 17 points, 5 boards, 2 assists, 1 steal WHILE PLAYING 2 OTs with leg cramps
Asha Thomas with 11 assists, 5 rebounds and two clutch free throws in 2OT, and a contested 3 pointer to send the game into double OT
Gabby Green with 6 points on 3 of 4 shooting, 6 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 block...and the clutch iso play in double OT
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]And Shocky courtside to provide the energy![/SIZE]

Shocky1
"when my back against the wall there's still no pressure"
-tyson jolly

all eyes on tyson during his visit to berkeley for the coppin state game, can't wait for him to bring his **** you up attitude to the cal basketball program

just hoping marcus green gets some rest before t jolly comes to town, 15 rounds baby

ova east on 25th#
Shocky1
virginia hospitality is gonna be non existent tomorrow nite at the 14,500 john paul jones arena...bears don't gotta play perfect basketball, that's not gonna happen...if they stay together & compete, everything is gonna be ok

big games are fun#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]in one of the most gut wrenching, exciting, amazing games to ever be played in Haas
Freshmen Asha Thomas was cool and steady, and then when it looked desperate, she did this...[/SIZE]

Shocky1
with wyoming (7-5) getting wrangled on the road 90-82 to marshall, it's a real plus that st marys (9-1) said no thanks don to the university of san francisco 72-51 at the gaels tiny crack house in moraga

rpi#
Shocky1

the #5 ranked virginia cavaliers (9-1) only loss this season was on the road to george washington 73-68 while their wins include #12 villanova & #14 west virginia

the cavaliers got an 8 player rotation & are led by 6'5" 215 lbs malcom brogdon (17.6 ppg with 40% on 3 pointers & 85% free throws and 4.6 rpg), 6'8" 230 lbs anthony gill (14.3 ppg with 60.7% fgs & 6.5 rpg) & 6'2" 192 london perrantes (11.5 ppg with an unreal 56.7% on 3 pointers & 4.6 apg)

the key for the bears will be playing physical (moving their feet & not grabbing azz with their hands which is gonna be a foul) d & closing out on the cavaliers 3 point shooters...cal will have mismatch advantages with both young ivee & jaylen down low, jabari & jordan gotta knock down 3 pointers & attack the basket if the opportunity is there, kam gotta provide a hostile presence in protecting the rim and t-wall gotta provide senior leadership in keeping the guys together along with pushing tempo on the break

big games are fun, this is why you play the game...bears gotta play like little kids on the playground playing basketball with their best friends

nothing to fear#
Shocky1

cal basketball fans will always owe a debt of gratitude to mike montgomery, travis decuire, gregg gottlieb, john montgomery, theo robertson & jay john for successfully bringing cal's monster class (2013) to berkeley

mike told me after announcing the coppin state game that he's heading to the pacific islands with the family to spend the holidays with john who is now an assistant coach for hawaii...john is the rainbows director of recruiting & will utilize his west coast aau/high school relationships along with working to open up pipelines in australia & new zealand...one of the inherent uniques challenges in recruiting for hawaii is to figure out which prospective recruits are serious about potentially signing & which ones are just looking for an all expenses paid tropical holiday

yeah, mike's not gonna pack his golf clubs for the trip, he's gonna rent a set when he gets there...let's be real here, his wife sarah (one of orinda country club's more dedicated players) is gonna kick his azz anyways on the links

good luck to johnny in recruiting for the rainbows, life is a bitch

aloha#
Shocky1
flew & shared a taxi this afternoon on the way to charlottesville with a scout for the new orleans pelicans

we watched video on his laptop of the richmond game, very insightful to hear him break down the play of the bears nba prospects

not gonna discuss too many specifics but hopefully jaylen will play d with greater intensity & vision, ivan will more aggressively demand the ball in the blocks & continue to gain weight/strength (which is a done deal with the relentless work ethic of coach nicodemus), t-wall will facilitate his teammates & knock down uncontested perimeter shots & the bird man will forcefully impose his will upon the game with not only baskets but also tenacious d, blocks, assists & crashing the boards

mr nba was very interested in my feedback (as someone who has watchs every second of cal basketball in person) re: the high character backgrounds of our guys...the nba is a billion dollar biz, there's no room in the highly competitive scouting world for recommendations re: dudes with social/character problems, that's the quickest road to the unemployment line

sorry taylor, i forgot to ask about your boy glapion

roadtrip#
Shocky1
the bears competed with the required relentless intensity that is necessary for championship basketball for a full 45 minutes tonite at the deafening john paul jones arena against the #5 ranked team in the nation at the university of virginia

yeah, the guys got a long nite in front of them with a bus ride to washington dc, a couple of hours of sleep at an airport hotel & then a 7:00 am flight back to the bay area but they should be very proud of their collective effort

until this epic game i kinda wondered if this squad had the heart & killer instincts to potentially win the pac 12 championship, that question has been answered

time to move on, the bears gotta learn from this ncca game like experience & battle for another win vs davidson on monday december 28th to wrap up the preseason with a 10-3 record

resilience#
First Page Last Page
Page 256 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.