cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,100 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
[FONT=Arial Black][SIZE=7]TWENTY ONE POINTS, FIFTEEN REBOUNDS, FOUR BLOCKS
9-11 shooting, 1 steal, 1 assist
[/SIZE][/FONT]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=6][FONT=Fixedsys]dagga dagga [/FONT][/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]
TWENTY POINTS ON FIVE OF SEVEN SHOOTING FROM DEEP
SEVEN OF ELEVEN SHOOTING[/SIZE]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]SEVENTEEN POINTS, WITH NO BIGGER THAN THE THREE FROM THE CORNER AT THE END[/SIZE]

HoopDreams

Shocky1

left to right, tyrone "10 assists" wallace, ivan "montera middle school" rabb, jabari "let it fly" bird, jordan "creasy" mathews & jaylen "life ain't easy" brown

sometimes your life can change in only 24 secondes, you can experience brutal losses in tucson & charlottesville or a team bonding gritty win like tonite at the mgm vs a gutty oregon state team led by derrick bruce's game of a lifetime...jabari bird's timely clutch moneyballs from heaven were epic daggers to the beavers

oregon state looks good on paper for next season with the young talent of tinkle, thompson, eubanks & bruce but they are gonna experience the pac 12's most brutal off season, can't say anymore than that

tonite was the bear's best game of the year for t-wall in feeding/lobbying the ball to young ivee, gotta love both of these warriors, it's all coming together

sat behind the cal bench (in my world a tix doesn't mean **** in terms of where i actually park my azz) & spoke with coach wyking jones teammate from loyola marymount back in the day, we both noted that the bears missed free throws are often missed short with not enough air under them

just another magical nite of cal basketball with bird & mathews making big time plays in a big time basketball game, that's what gamers do when all the cards are on the table

yeah, taylor blew up my phone with her nervous requests for onsite updates, she's gonna join her dad tomorrow nite in las vegas

utah tomorrow nite, let's do this

this is cal basketball (a team of destiny)#
Rxrg09b
HoopDreams;842661233 said:

[SIZE=5]SEVENTEEN POINTS, WITH NO BIGGER THAN THE THREE FROM THE CORNER AT THE END[/SIZE]

That's the one that got me out of my seat screaming... Awesome.
Shocky1
[video=youtube;Bb51CWv8fqg][/video]
Shocky1
Shocky1;842626709 said:

what a lob pass looks like to t-wall

what a lob pass looks like to young ivee

in the 2nd half young ivee is flashing towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards

t-wall got the ball & starts working thru his mental progressions:

1) what does this mean?...does ivan love astronomy 10?
2) is ivan pointing at uranus?
3) wait, does shocky want me to lob the ball to ivan?

so t-wall effortlessly lobs the ball to young ivee for a richter scale 6.9 california earthquake & haas pavilion goes bat****

sign language matters#

there were several times last nite in eugene that young ivee pointed his fingers/hand upwards & his teammates did not deliver the rock...rabb told guys this as they left the court during timeouts but nobody is apparently listening to ivan & the shockster

ivan, i feel your pain, nobody cares about your problems more than me:headbang...i dunno maybe coach martin & the staff could arrange for the squad to visit today with an american sign language (asl) teacher

clearly something is being lost in translation (our coaches need to find solutions...now)

let's be real here, my coaching input re: the value & availability of the entry/lob pass finally paid off tonite, t-wall delivered perfect dimes to young ivee, there was a meeting of 2 beautiful minds

this connection is now unbreakable, **** utah

the magic of cal basketball (and sign language)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]no, that is not a typo
15 rebounds[/SIZE]

going4roses

Shocky keep it up don't stop ( not as if you ever would )

Go Bears
#Beatutah
Shocky1
Shocky1;842582703 said:

team: utah utes

shockster 2015/2016 pac prediction: 3rd place

coach: larry "special k" krystkowiak

what you need to know about krystkowiak: when coach krystkowiak arrived in freezing azz salt lake city the utes were 6-25 in 2011...special k turned around the program by running off all the guys who didn't wanna go to class every day...the 2013/2014 utah team had 5 guys on the pac 12 all academic team, the most for any team in the pac 12

special k gets it, men take care of their business...discipline starts in the classroom and the s&c program creating a solid foundation for success on the basketball court...sure, utah isn't gonna be confused with cal, stanford or an ivy league school but it's very clear that krystkowiak expects his student athletes to work towards earning a diploma...for guys like jayce johnson who want a homogenous student population in a non diverse environment at an academically mediocre school, utah is a logical choice based upon those values

what up in salt lake city?: replacing team leader delon wright (14.5 ppg, 5.1 apg & 4.9 rpg with an insane 50.9 fg% isn't gonna happen...watching the utes from the 1st row behind the cal bench at the huntsman center it was very clear that he was the catalyst/emotional leader for his team, wright facilitated the offensive run & he set the tone for the utes suffocating d intensity

but almost everyone else returns including brandon taylor (10.6 ppg & 3.6 apg), jordan loveridge (10.0 ppg & 3.9 apg) & the best returning big in the pac 12 austrian & former cal silent commit jakob poeltl (9.1 ppg & 6.8 rpg) with a deep bench & a talented incoming freshmen class

what this means for the bears: there are 4 pac 12 teams that could be ranked in the top 20 nationally next season, the road trip to salt lake city & boulder is gonna be very challenging for the bears

utah is 25-7 with a 2nd place finish in the pac 12

the utes are led by future (will declare after this season) nba 1st rounder 7' 235 lbs jakob poeltl (17.4 pg with a lethal 66.1% fgs & 9.1 rpg), 6'6" 222 lbs jordan loveridge (11.8 ppg & 3.8 rpg), 6'9" 210 lbs kyle kuzma (11.1 ppg with 52.2% fgs & 6.0 rpg), 6'4" 215 lbs lorenzo bonam (9.9 ppg with 51.3% fgs, 3.1 rpg & 3.1 apg) & senior point guard 5'10" 167 lbs brandon taylor (team high 3.9 apg & 9.6 ppg with an erratic 33.5% on 3 pointers, bears gotta not let him attack the basket & force him into perimeter shots)

this key to this game will be limiting all american hungrian jakop poeltl, like the 1st game in berkeley kam & the king gotta bring a physical presence to this battle and force/overplay poeltl to use his left hand for shooting, he's not as effective when he can't use his right hand...utah shoots the ball (49.2% on fgs) & rebounds (38 rpg) very well...the bears will have significant match up advantages with ivan & jaylen and need to push tempo, the utes would prefer a lower scoring half court offensive game...this year's cal team is at it's very best when cleanly hitting the defensive boards & fast breaking, it's brings energy to the entire team

a key factor tonite could be that special k played a tight 6 man rotation last nite vs usc with poeltl, loveridge & taylor playing a grueling 38 minutes vs the trojans high octane offense, trust me that is gonna wear on them tonite particularly if we can push tempo

this game really isn't about utah (which is a very good team), it's really about whether or not the cal basketball program is ready to next step forward & play with the necessary full 40 minutes of mental toughness competing on every single play without mental lapses that is required to win away from haas pavillion

do we got more heart than utah, how badly do we want this?

the time is now for everything (except playing slot machines)#
OldBlue1999
Shocky1;842661258 said:

they are gonna experience the pac 12's most brutal off season, can't say anymore than that

If they really do what some of you guys have been suggesting it's gonna seriously call their character into question imho. The facilitators don't have character to begin with so they have nothing to lose, but the Tinkles and Thompsons are staring into the abyss with this decision.
parentswerebears
OldBlue1999;842661377 said:

If they really do what some of you guys have been suggesting it's gonna seriously call their character into question imho. The facilitators don't have character to begin with so they have nothing to lose, but the Tinkles and Thompsons are staring into the abyss with this decision.

What is going on? I feel VERY in the dark on this.
OldBlue1999
I don't have any inside info, just what I've read on this board.
parentswerebears
OldBlue1999;842661388 said:

I don't have any inside info, just what I've read on this board.

I must have missed it.
concordtom
Shocky1;842661258 said:

...... oregon state looks good on paper for next season with the young talent of tinkle, thompson, eubanks & bruce but they are gonna experience the pac 12's most brutal off season, can't say anymore than that........

Sounds like sour grapes to me. You are SCARED of what Tinkle is going to turn OSU into and so are negatively recruiting.
I've seen it before on these pages:
Oregon - The criminal (Altman)
UCLA - The enabler (Alford)
USC - The drunkard (Sarkesian)
ASU - The gambler (Hurley)*
Arizona - Oh boy, where do I start? Donut boy, Tucson is a dump, he yells at his players' face.... He is your biggest threat so you attack in many various ways.
Stanford and Washington - You've allowed that both Dawkins and Romar are "good guys", but repeated many times how Dawkins can't coach and Romar is about to get fired after years of underachieving.

And now, you are apparently going to further gossip about Tinkle and OSU recruiting improprieties, I imagine.

I must say, I can't recall anything too repetitive about any slanders you may have thrown at the coaching staffs of Utah, Colorado, USC, and WSU (why bother with WSU), but there are still a few more hours yet before game time tonight, so it's not too late to fire off some shots vs "The Mormons" leader Coach K.

*Here is an example of negative recruiting:
Quote:

Quote Originally Posted by Shocky1
did you know that despite earning millions in the nba that bobby hurley [U]squandered[/U] his life's savings & lost his family's horse estate because of [U]financial mismanagement[/U]/non performing investments related to the ponies

i dunno maybe bobby can mentor his sun devils re: the fastest mudder in the 3rd race at belmont, the best books in jersey, the tightest slots in vegas & **** like that...when he tells his guys we're off to the races, he means it
Shocky1
the bears currently practice part of the time in haas pavilion (when available) & also the recreation sport facility's gold gym which was refurbished thru meb donor dollars, i gave mike montgomery a check during a tour (arranged by jay john) he gave 90 minutes prior to a cal basketball game

as part of my travels to all the cal basketball games i've taken tours of the new dedicated basketball practice facilities, the ones in tucson, eugene & salt lake city are particularly impressive (which is important for them because they are all academically mediocre schools with 95%+ acceptance rates)

an integral component (we've already gotten the staff's salary levels upgraded & the nation's potentially leading 25.7% attendance increase has turned haas pavilion into one of the top home court advantages in the western states) of the cal basketball program moving forward on it's current dramatic upward trajectory it to build a dedicated basketball practice facility

athletic director mike williams told me last nite that construction cannot begin until the money is basically commited/collected, this is primarily due to the debt incurred with memorial stadium renovation...the current financial forecast for the new facility is estimated at $25-30 million, a cost analysis including below ground infrastructure is currently underway

plus we need a dedicated practice for yoga/meditation classes with curvy brunette yoga females kinda like the $30 million joe craft center in lexington so elvis got a place to practice too

world class facilities#
Shocky1
there are no improprieties within the oregon state basketball program, guys like coach tinkle & gregg gottlieb are stand up guys who do things the right way

mike montgomery coaching tree (includes special k)#
NVBear78
concordtom;842661432 said:

Sounds like sour grapes to me. You are SCARED of what Tinkle is going to turn OSU into and so are negatively recruiting.
I've seen it before on these pages:
Oregon - The criminal (Altman)
UCLA - The enabler (Alford)
USC - The drunkard (Sarkesian)
ASU - The gambler (Hurley)*
Arizona - Oh boy, where do I start? Donut boy, Tucson is a dump, he yells at his players' face.... He is your biggest threat so you attack in many various ways.
Stanford and Washington - You've allowed that both Dawkins and Romar are "good guys", but repeated many times how Dawkins can't coach and Romar is about to get fired after years of underachieving.

And now, you are apparently going to further gossip about Tinkle and OSU recruiting improprieties, I imagine.

I must say, I can't recall anything too repetitive about any slanders you may have thrown at the coaching staffs of Utah, Colorado, USC, and WSU (why bother with WSU), but there are still a few more hours yet before game time tonight, so it's not too late to fire off some shots vs "The Mormons" leader Coach K.

*Here is an example of negative recruiting:

Note to Tom: this is a CAL fan board, we're supposed to denigrate our rivals here
Shocky1
NVBear78;842661492 said:

Note to Tom: this is a CAL fan board, we're supposed to denigrate our rivals here

tom's assumption re: oregon state is inaccurate
Shocky1
spokane hotels sold out, just booked a room in coeur d'alene

100% of my golf rounds are walked, golf carts are for chunky monkeys...but what about speed boats?

KenBurnski
When will the classic 'Vegas pool parties are a pain in the azz' post make a reappearance? It's the post that got me on the Shocky wagon!
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Beat the utes (again)[/SIZE]

Shocky1

the magic of the game of golf can only be experienced by walking, feeling the unique landforms of nature afoot

riding in a golf cart is kinda like watching cal basketball on tv or watching dogs ****, not gonna happen

Shocky1
ken, make no mistake about it, vegas pool parties are a pain in the azz

Shocky1;842291048 said:

will definitely play a round or two at shadow creek, the best course in nevada, gotta check the wind conditions & made crisp contact with the 9 iron on the watery par 3 17th hole

how am i gonna get my morning laps in with all these azzs blocking all the swimming lanes?...vegas pool parties are a pain in the azz

i dunno, maybe the curvy brunette yoga lifeguard from unlv (an academically mediocre school) at tower #7 that's winking at me can give me some suggestions or something

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][FONT=Century Gothic]swish[/FONT][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;sUBK7DcL1-c][/video]
mikecohen
Shocky1;842661270 said:

let's be real here, my coaching input re: the value & availability of the entry/lob pass finally paid off tonite, t-wall delivered perfect dimes to young ivee, there was a meeting of 2 beautiful minds

this connection is now unbreakable, **** utah

the magic of cal basketball (and sign language)#

In the above interview, Cuonzo let a cat out of a bag which I imagine a lot of the folks on this Board already knew anyhow. OSU's plan was to stop Jaylen (AND, focus also on the perimeter). So, if I understand it correctly, what that amounted to was starting on the outside, and crashing in when Jaylen had the ball, with the bottom line effect of leaving a lot more room in the middle than Ivan usually sees -- especially since OSU's two bigs aren't the quality of Poetl, or Tarzeuski, or other guys on that level. So, bottom line, out of a combination of strategy and practicality, there was maybe even a conscious decision to take their chances with the greater opportunity for Ivan; and what they saw was just how much a combination of physical oppression of experienced bigs, plus just the relatively early stage of Ivan's physical development, has functioned to suppress a talent and skill which, in maybe as little as a year, will no longer be able to be stopped. I MUST SAY AT THIS POINT though that, as much as virtually everybody on the team contributed (and I remember a post pass from Sam toward the beginning part of the game that was particularly astounding), To me, the super-clutch character of Jabari's 3s in the second half, all of which stuffed all OSU's momentum right at the bud, was the thing that stands out for me in this win. THE GUTS to pull those off was otherworldly; and had an effect on our guys the intensity of which was off the charts; and I think that the cumulative effect of them, coming one after another, Bam, Bam Bam, on OSU, was maybe the single factor that most turned the game into a win for our guys.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Cal battled Utah for 45 minutes
rest up Bears
you've gotta a ticket to the Big Dance[/SIZE]

Shocky1
when i took my daughter taylor to a cal game 2 years ago it was more about the excitement of visiting san francisco than the outcome of the game...but now a dozen+ games & events later getting to know some of the players taylor is crying tears tonite, she cannot believe that her adored california golden bears lost to utah, why did this have to happen?...and she really wants to punch the annoying utes fan dressed like an overweight drunk red tomato who sat next to her who apparently kept telling her "you should really be stressed out right now"...i'm proud that you kept your cool, taylor

life is not linear, sometimes the journey we're on has tragic side shows that break our hearts

love you, sweetie, let's do this (and help others along the way), the sun will rise tomorrow

the magic of cal basketball (share it with those that you love)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;ElyWZS796XU][/video]
concordtom
Shocky1;842661450 said:

there are no improprieties within the oregon state basketball program, guys like coach tinkle & gregg gottlieb are stand up guys who do things the right way

mike montgomery coaching tree (includes special k)#

Thank you for clearing that up.
I respect that!
concordtom
NVBear78;842661492 said:

Understand the difference between humorous put downs and earnest character assassination.
concordtom
Shocky1;842661577 said:

ken, make no mistake about it, vegas pool parties are a pain in the azz

don't be a dumb azz#

The poor women at the pool party pictures of the prior page have been brainwashed into thinking that their greatest worth is as a piece of meat - a value that is perpetuated by the post itself. I am reminiscing sadly for the days of burning bras where women stood up for themselves with intelligence. Now that is sexy.
First Page Last Page
Page 297 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.