cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,290,818 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the bears are one of 7 finalists for college of charleston star 6'6" 205 lbs canyon barry from colorado springs

last season caynon (who is an ideal fit for berkeley) averaged 19.7 ppg with 40.2% on field goals & a underhanded flip 84.5% on free throws along with 3.4 rpg

barry is a late developing talent that had few offers coming out of high school...now as a graduate transfer his finalists include cal, florida, kansas, louisville, ole miss, northwestern (the only other non academically mediocre school along with cal) & miami (dad's school)...his gameplan is to narrow it down to 5 schools, start taking official visits as soon as this weekend & then make a final decision in may

it should be pointed out that caynon is not a dumb azz, he's working at coc for a degree in physics with a minor in mathematics...getting accepted into one of cal's graduate programs (which require 2 year commitments unlike the other schools on barry's list) is a major hurdle

yeah, canyon is a true student athlete but make no mistake about it, his dad used to talk **** to refs all the time back in the day

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the ******* world
oskidunker
Season tickets renewal are being held up by the review board. It wouldnt be politically correct to renew when Neopolitan won't give the coach a contract. Much more important things to do including checking locks on garage doors and verifying the quality of tea at Jupiter.
Shocky1
oskidunker;842674436 said:

Season tickets renewal are being held up by the review board. It wouldnt be politically correct to renew when Neopolitan won't give the coach a contract. Much more important things to do including checking locks on garage doors and verifying the quality of tea at Jupiter.

oskidunker, that's just totally messed up thinking

true california golden bear fans are renewing their season tix(s), they can't imagine a life worth living that doesn't involve walking into haas pavilion on gamedays

the magic of cal basketball is not conditional upon ****, it's true love (it's something in your veins)

where ya at?#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=6]we cu[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Rook to King's knight five[/SIZE]

BeachedBear
Shocky1;842674445 said:

oskidunker, that's just totally messed up thinking

true california golden bear fans are renewing their season tix(s), they can't imagine a life worth living that doesn't involve walking into haas pavilion on gamedays

the magic of cal basketball is not conditional upon ****, it's true love (it's something in your veins)

Shocky - I think you're way off base here. Renewals are one of the few leverage points fans and alums have in this situation. If you want to put blind faith in Napolitano and send your money away.... I think you are very much alone in this regard.

if you have her ear - let her know that some of us are NOT blind and stupid and will use what tools and leverage we have to help her understand that every positive transaction works for BOTH parties. Even a mutt will bite the hand that poisons!
NVBear78
BeachedBear;842674565 said:

Shocky - I think you're way off base here. Renewals are one of the few leverage points fans and alums have in this situation. If you want to put blind faith in Napolitano and send your money away.... I think you are very much alone in this regard.

if you have her ear - let her know that some of us are NOT blind and stupid and will use what tools and leverage we have to help her understand that every positive transaction works for BOTH parties. Even a mutt will bite the hand that poisons!

Got to agree with BB on this one.

I totally support the Basketball Program and in this case think we can make our voices heard loudest by delaying our season ticket renewal until Coach Martin's situation is resolved. The University screwed up the initial investigation (did the investigators ever see even one of the video interviews done by XXX? That tells the story)

Now PC Janet and the PC police are taking it out on Coach Martin, I am sick of this stuff...
petalumabear
Well said Beached and NV.... I won't blindly send my renewal in without knowing what Counzo's status is in advance. If they are stupid enough to think that we want to go through another coaching search and new hire (at this late date) I have a bridge to sell them.
philbert
I honestly don't think napolitano gives a crap about the basketball program or ticket renewals.
Shocky1
"distinguish reality from the illusions that people make..."

-jaylen brown, noted philosopher & scholar

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru
hoop97
philbert;842674595 said:

I honestly don't think napolitano gives a crap about the basketball program or ticket renewals.

Precisely.
socaltownie
philbert;842674595 said:

She shouldn't be involved in this AT ALL. It is ridiculous. but I will bet you a dollar that UCLA isn't getting any grief about Mora and Alford and will not. Simply put, the Berkeley Chancellors have sucked for way too long in dealing with OoP.
Shocky1
young ivee, you heard me yell/encourage you this entire season for you to "demand the ball, impose your will"...i love the volleyball twitter clip (make sure the volume is on full blast) of you below getting all hypy with kam (and also note your roommate jaylen's joyous smile/smirk at your future impersonation), that's what i'm talking about, you are amped up like fallon at a raiders game

it's sage advice when coaches tell players to let the game come to them...but young ivee, you've never been a regular guy, you have skills to not only serve as a student athlete role model for the young ones in oaktown but you also got the ability to impose your will on the game, to change it's outcome with your sheer perseverance & once in a lifetime skillsets...i would love to see you continue to become more vocal

but you gotta be 100% ******* fired up to make this happen, let's do this

https://twitter.com/calmensbball
[video=youtube;AVq5lc6sVVo][/video]

impose your will (in everything that you do)#:bravo
HoopDreams

HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842600639 said:

this is gonna be a yoga battle for the ages

is the winner gonna be jaylen brown?

is the winner gonna be the shockster?

but make no mistake about it, both guys are gonna be off to the races, that's just how them california golden bears compete every second, every day

namastae#

jaylen, it's absolutely terrific (and says much about your parenting along with the work ethic associated with your upbringing) that you are currently working at a regular job (with frequent contact with other students) on campus without any fanfare (and let's keep it that way) but don't think for even a ******* second that i'm gonna cut you a break when we meet up for our yoga challenge
Shocky1
Shocky1;842600640 said:

jaylen, let's be real here, the smart money is on the shockster...sorry about that, it's all about core strength (and a flat stomach)

shine bright (like diamonds in the sky)#

jb, there's a reason that shareef told you that in retrospect he wishes he would've stayed a 2nd year in berkeley, do you wanna continue to grow academically, athletically & spiritually or what?

coach christopher summarizes it well, "when achieving your goal is more important than a party welcome to the 1% club"

the grind (with your best friends)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Don Coleman and Nicholas Robinson Welcome to Cali[/SIZE]

Shocky1

dontae & nick, did you know that us news is ranking cal #3 in their 2015 collegiate world rankings?

a cal degree is like a winning lottery ticket, it will open an unlimited number of doors in the future in your quest to achieve your dreams & goals in life...today's highly competitive global marketplace favors those that are well educated, that's just the way it is...if you go to an academically mediocre school & get injured you are ******, that's why you got to be mentally limitless

and the best news is that curvy brunette yoga females wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, that's just the way of the world

but you gotta have academic ambition to graduate from cal, are you willing to do the work?

yeah, ambition is priceless, it's something in your veins

who knew that coach webster (what up with that beard?) got an acting career too?

50 year decision#
Shocky1
transparency in recruiting: dontae, if you sign with them california golden bears, i'm gonna call you dontae during your entire time in berkeley, there's absolutely zero chance i'm evah gonna call you don

vitamin e overdose#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842640572 said:

coach martin has offered combo guard (can play the 1 & 2) 6'3.5" 188 lbs dontae coleman, a freshman at lawson state junior college (birmingham, alabama) as part of cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)

dontae has grown several inches after not being heavily recruited at butler high school (23.3 ppg) in augusta, georgia...yeah, the shockster has played 12 rounds at that pretty good course in his hometown...coleman originally made a commitment out of high school to florida atlantic but wisely decided to see if he could emerge as a prospect on a larger stage

https://vimeo.com/144524898

coleman is currently averaging 18.3 ppg including a lethal 42.9% on 3 pointers, a dazzling 82.2% on free throws, a physical 5.2 rebounds per game & 6.52 assists per game at lawson state

dontae got a 3.3 gpa last semester & was a full qualifier out of high school, he's got 3 years of eligibility

coleman is talking a lot with his lead recruiter coach webster (they've been building a strong relationship the last several months), not sure if tracy is gonna teach him how to dance but if that happens, watch out...he hopes to visit cal on an official visit after his season ends & make a final collegiate decision in march

dontae coleman got length, an active motor along with quickness, a sweet shooting stroke, a tough defensive mindset & most importantly got academic ambition...please note that this video is 2 years old & doesn't reflect his current height

[video=youtube;18yJJo1MICM][/video]

yeah, he might not be the last guy since jaylen (played with dc during a camp in high school) & shareef took a midnite train from georgia with a braves cap out to the west coast & fell in the california sun

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including georgia)

50 year decision#

welcome dontae coleman (formerly known as don coleman) on his official visit to berkeley

dontae used to be a dumb azz with an underachieving gpa of 2.8 in high school, now he's got a 3.3 gpa & academic ambition

coleman finished this season as the leading scorer in the alabama community college conference with a 19.9 ppg & an unreal 42.6% on 3 pointers (imagine his on the perimeter with creasy & the bird next season) & 76.2% on free throws along with a facilitating 6.2 assists per game & 4.4 rebounds per game

yeah big boi is out west wearing his chief noc a homa braves cap

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842670642 said:

the cal staff has extended an offer to 6'6" 200 lbs 2016 combo guard nick robinson from kenwood high school in chicago

coach webster has told nick that cali don't got freezing azz winters like chicago, it's not sweater weather

[IMG]?o=eyJ3aWR0aCI6OTk5LCJoZWlnaHQi OjY2NiwieCI6MC41OSwieSI6MC4xOH0%3D&s=r3Id6ec3yF9zy707mbn7NA6%2BEMk%3D[/IMG]

kenwood lost to simeon 54-49 in the epic city public league championship game despite robinson's 13 points & 8 boards

[video=youtube;dOELzmm36Bo][/video]

nick is a lot more mature than most high schoolers, both his dad & brother passed on last year, he's had to accept more responsibility as he strives to respect their memories thru his efforts both on & off the court

robinson is gonna officially visit berkeley on april 8-10th, he's also got interest from wisconsin, st joseph's (march 28-30th officially visit) & is a former indiana state commit

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the windy city)

overhead this morning during cal's potential roommates official visits for nick robinson & dontae coleman:

dontae: nick, can you believe this cali weather, it's perfect, no wonder coach webster is always dancing & singing

nick: it's not sweater weather, that's for sure

dontae: how did your visit to st joseph's go, is that a name of a school or a hospital or something?

nick: it's kinda an academically mediocre in a 2nd rate conference with really lousy weather, why does shocky call you dontae instead of don?

dontae (shaking his head): long story, dude...if you commit to them bears, do you wanna be roommates?

nick: do you snore?
Shocky1
jeff goodman, the proud owner of 3 chins courtesy of too many unhealthy fat azz meals at dirtbags & an arizona degree, continues his longstanding record of tweeting inaccurate & negative information re: the cal basketball program

coach webster to remain in berkeley

the truth (will set you free)#
going4roses
Shocky1;842674884 said:

jeff goodman, the proud owner of 3 chins courtesy of too many unhealthy fat azz meals at dirtbags & an arizona degree, continues his longstanding record of tweeting inaccurate & negative information re: the cal basketball program

coach webster to remain in berkeley

the truth (will set you free)#

Proud owner of 3 chins. Oh man I have never heard such a thing

Roasted to a crisp
TheSouseFamily
Jeff Goodman looks way too much like Stevie from Eastbound and Bound for me to take him seriously.
Shocky1
nick, who are these guys on the california golden bears basketball team?...do you wanna be a part of all of this?

alan crabbe-3.3 gpa@price (currently playing w/portland trail blazers)
justin cobbs-3.39 gpa@bishop montgomery
richard solomon-3.5 gpa@price
jeff powers*-3.6 gpa@delasalle
ricky kreklow*-3.72 gpa@rocky bridge
david kravish*-4.1 gpa@lee's summit north
tyrone wallace*-3.5 gpa@bakersfield
christian behrens*-3.5 gpa@tahoma
jabari bird-3.0+gpa@salesian
jordan mathews-3.55 gpa@santa monica
sam singer-3.4 gpa@ransom everglades
kameron rooks-3.5 gpa@mission hills
roger moute a bidias-3.0+ gpa@notre dame
kingsley okoroh-3.0+ gpa@westwind prep/findlay prep
stephen domingo-3.4 gpa@st ignatius
brandon chauca-3.85 gpa@shannon forest christian school
cole welle-4.37 gpa@aptos
nick hamilton-4.2 gpa@westchester
brenden glapion*-4.1 gpa@washington
dwight tarwater*-3.9 gpa@webb school
ivan rabb-3.15 gpa@bishop o'dowd
jaylen brown-3.1 gpa@wheeler
nick kerr*-3.9 gpa@torrey pines
roman davis-3.5 gpa@winward
dontae coleman-3.3 gpa@lawson state

*will graduate/graduated from cal joining 2012 grads bak bak, brandon smith & robert thurman

cal fans can expect every player listed above to either leave cal with a degree and/or a nba contract..patrick christopher, justin cobbs & richard solomon all have around one+ remaining semester of schoolwork necessary to earn their cal degrees...as the wise marco harris once told me, men take care of their business

of the 300+ ncaa d1 bb teams, cal is among the most academically elite programs along with stanford and the ivy leagues most noteably harvard

the above is the MOST IMPORTANT stat sheet in cal basketball

this is the difference between basketball factories that use up & then discard their workers (leaving them unemployable on the streets) in today's highly competitive global economy and legitimate collegiate institutions of higher learning with an academic purpose...if you go to an academically mediocre school like kentucky or arizona & get injured you are ******

academic ambition is a beautiful thing, it will open doors in business after your basketball days are over & help you meet the girl of your dreams (and you're not thinking about it now but it will also help you raise intellectually curious children someday)...you can be limitless mentally

curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools (like oregon) wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their school & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

here's the deal dontae, you got an underachieving 2.8 gpa at butler high school which impacted your recruitment but then became academically ambitious & worked harder in the classroom with resulted in a 3.3 gpa at lawson state

if you can get a 3.0+ gpa your 1st semester at cal, i'll stop calling you dontae & start calling you don, ok?

but until then, what up dontae?

bears are smart#
stu
Shocky1;842675152 said:

curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools (like oregon) wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they leave their school & enter the real world, that's just the way of the world

This one probably needs to marry a dermatologist.
Shocky1
stu;842675173 said:

This one probably needs to marry a dermatologist.

stu, what are you talkin' about?...you obviously have never been to a yoga class in scottsdale
stu
Shocky1;842675178 said:

stu, what are you talkin' about?...you obviously have never been to a yoga class in scottsdale

Well, I've been to exactly one yoga class. With a very hot brunette. Unfortunately the studio was even hotter than the brunette so I was unable to enjoy either. For the same reason I've never been to Scottsdale.

But I have visited my share of doughnut shops.
Shocky1
stu, asu & scottsdale yoga classes serve as important pipelines for future girlfriends & wives for cal grads

shocky is a mutt#
stu
Shocky1;842675253 said:

stu, asu & scottsdale yoga classes serve as important pipelines for future girlfriends & wives for cal grads

Cal grads have choices.
Shocky1
stu;842675258 said:

Cal grads have choices.

oregon & arizona grads kinda got choices too

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
regardless of whether or not memphis commit charlie moore decommits because of head coach josh pastner's likely upcoming departure, he is not a good cal fit from an academic perspective

while i agree/understand the staff's goal of recruiting more of a defensively physical (with length) housing projects **** you up bad azz type of player, time has been wasted with low gpa prospects that don't really got academic ambition like charlie moore, davon dillard, oscar frayer & tyson jolly...the staff then gets frustrated with cal admissions but that's ********, you shouldn't be recruiting academically borderline red flag student athletes to the #1 ranked public university in the world & then acting like a bunch of sorry azz broken down victims when it doesn't work out, ok?

meanwhile the staff has passed on highly skilled but slight of build true student athletes like jonah mathews & jordan ford who rock 3.5 gpas:headbang

let's be real here, i'm directly responsible for the cal basketball program's recruiting (i almost singlehandedly recruited cal's monster class along with both ivan & jaylen), gameday strategic game planning (the failure to feed young ivee down low happened on my watch this season, i'm not proud of that) & haas pavilion attendance growth (which at a 25.2% increase this season will potentially be #1 in the nation for college basketball growth)...so it's understandable for me to wonder why coach martin doesn't consult me an almost daily basis re: all academic fit questions re: prospective student athletes

i'm here to help, i'm a problem solver...plus i got a yoga practice

wake the **** up (let's get to work, baby, sleep is for losers)#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]ESPN bracketology has Cal as a number 10 seed in the 2017 Tournament

If either Rabb or Brown return, Cal moves up 3-4 seeds

If both Rabb and Brown return, look out NCAA[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 308 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.