cal's monster class - thread CLOSED - PLEASE do not post here

3,279,472 Views | 11555 Replies | Last: 3 yr ago by BearGreg
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
concordtom;842687979 said:

Why don't you tell Dom about your golfing adventures in his homeland?
http://www.top100golfcourses.co.uk/golf-courses/continental-europe/poland

while stunning tatra national park is one of my favorite places in eastern europe, there really aren't any golf courses in poland that are architecturally significant from a worldwide perspective

the important thing for dom to realize is that cal is not only the #1 ranked public university in the world (including poland) but that it's also the epicenter of the free speech & civil rights movements...berkeley is a wonderfully diverse place to explore & celebrate your own unique individuality without the pressure to conform but there is a shared social conscience/responsibility to help those less fortunate (including them rescue dogs)

dominik, what's your dream?

[video=youtube;73g8I2KebD4][/video]

let's do this#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]building something great at Cal
the talent on the floor in 2017 will be staggering
welcome to elite guard [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kianna Smith[/COLOR] and forward [COLOR="#0000CD"]Alaysia Styles[/COLOR][/SIZE]

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842688291 said:

[SIZE=5]building something great at Cal
the talent on the floor in 2017 will be staggering
welcome to elite guard [COLOR="#0000CD"]Kianna Smith[/COLOR] and forward [COLOR="#0000CD"]Alaysia Styles[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Don't they still need more perimeter players?
stu
mikecohen;842688301 said:

Don't they still need more perimeter players?

For 2016 we've already signed wing Jaelyn Brown (remarkable name coincidence) and guard Sara Anastasieska (transfer, must sit out a year). AFAIK we're still recruiting point Mi'Cole Cayton (released by Nebraska), we should know soon. And our 2017 recruiting might not be finished.

Also I'm hoping current wings Mikayla Cowling and MaAne Mosley will spend the summer working on guard skills.
Shocky1
Shocky1;842677036 said:

the cal staff's overall #1 recruiting target on the big board jordan brown of woodcreek high school (roseville) has moved up to #2 in the most recent scout national rankings (behind marvin bagley of sierra canyon high school who may or may not attend college) for the 2018 class

yeah, both travis decuire & theo robertson were telling me about an elite middle schooler from near sacramento a couple of years ago

jordan's mom loves going to his games & dad played at louisiana lafayette and then was drafted by the san antonio spurs back in the day and coaches up his son the same way phil mathews got his son creasy out of an early season shooting slump by telling him to jump more vertically on his 3 point moneyballs

jordan & his family have visited berkeley several times including the closed practice the day before the team traveled to australia last summer & also gamedays during the 18-0 perfect home season at haas pavillion, they've experienced the family atmosphere of the cal basketball program

brown is the young ivee (richard midgley told me he thinks they have very similar skillsets) of the 2018 class & with his 3.5 gpa is an ideal true student athlete leader for cal's started at the bottom class (2018) along with miles norris & brandon williams

let's do this

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and the closest school to the fam)

check out the informative q&a with the mature true student athlete jordan brown below, he got a 3.5 gpa but is striving for a 4.0 gpa

yeah, jordan is an ideal cal fit, no wonder it's the 1st school that comes to his mind when he lists his potential colleges

http://www.premierball.com/2018-jordan-brown-interview/
Shocky1
congrats to 2017 cal prospect damari milstead of moreau catholic on his offer from local st marys

frank knight's mariners#
Shocky1
drake fun fact:

did you know that dominik olejniczak made 17 of 18 fields during an en fuego stretch near the end of drake's season?

Shocky1
in a remarkable turn of events chancellor nicky d & his crew have asked me to serve on the 2016 cal dance & cheerleading selection committee

civic duty#:rant
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]ESPN Chad Ford video NBA scouting report on Jaylen Brown[/SIZE]

[SIZE=4][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://espn.go.com/nba/draft2016/story/_/id/15520959/nba-draft-2016-chad-ford-breaks-games-top-prospects[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown's official measurable at the NBA combine is an incredible 5.05 body fat
To put that in perspective, Kyle Wiltjer measured 15.25

Give the assist to S&C Coach [COLOR="#000080"]Nicodemus Christopher[/COLOR][/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;ekYZuNHO57g][/video]
Big C
I'm not knocking JB's fit body, nor his work ethic and certainly not the job that Nicodemus is doing, but you're cherry-picking data: Kyle Wiltjer had BY FAR the highest body fat % of anybody on the list, whereas PLENTY of the guys were in the 5% and 6% ranges (and a number in the 4%s, as well.

HoopDreams;842688652 said:

[SIZE=5]Jaylen Brown's official measurable at the NBA combine is an incredible 5.05 body fat

Give the assist to S&C Coach [COLOR="#000080"]Nicodemus Christopher[/COLOR][/SIZE]

mikecohen
HoopDreams;842688652 said:

What, no vegetables? - either raw or cooked?
HoopDreams
cherry picking? in pickup basketball cherry picking is uncool
in college basketball, cherry picking is two points
but you are right. Wiltjer was by far the worse, but out of 60 players measured at the combine, JB's 5.05 was in the 90% tile
Gary Payton was the best at 3.95. The only players with only 3% body fat

Big C_Cal;842688671 said:

I'm not knocking JB's fit body, nor his work ethic and certainly not the job that Nicodemus is doing, but you're cherry-picking data: Kyle Wiltjer had BY FAR the highest body fat % of anybody on the list, whereas PLENTY of the guys were in the 5% and 6% ranges (and a number in the 4%s, as well.
stu
mikecohen;842688681 said:

What, no vegetables? - either raw or cooked?

And what's in those plastic tubs? Doesn't look like kale.
Shocky1
the big picture with respects to the cal basketball program extends far beyond anybody playing basketball on a basketball court with a basketball

Shocky1;842537630 said:

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/eye-on-college-basketball/25290295/inside-college-hoops-the-story-behind-cuonzo-martins-picture

this is cal basketball#
Shocky1
the cal staff has offered 6'8" 195 lbs top 10 player in the 2017 class kevin knox from tampa catholic high school

knox averaged 30 ppg & 11 rpg as a junior during his junior year in florida & is currently averaging 21.3 ppg, 7.6 rpg & 1.7 apg on the aau circuit this summer for team e1t1...he plays with extraordinary athleticism & remarkale ball skills for a guy of his size

kevin got a 3.5 gpa & moms says if he gets 3.5+ he'll get wheels, dude is definitely motivated...he's not a dumb azz

all the major powerhouses are scheduling in homes with the knox family, the biggest question from a california golden bears recruitment perspective is does kevin wanna experience something different away from the east coast?...does he wanna attend the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world in the diverse & beautiful san francisco bay area in a cal basketball supportive family environment?

[video=youtube;8l7n3jrMqvU][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including the swamplands of florida)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842683591 said:

young ivee told me that he thinks he will be more comfortable vocally demanding the ball next season, that it doesn't happen just naturally for him due to his personality...he did make some progress in this area during the final 10 games

coach christopher told me that rabb currently weighs 219 lbs & that he will ideally play at 228-230 lbs next season

ivan's goal should be to be selected as the #1 player in the 2017 nba draft, he's got that potential if he can average 10+ shots a game next season in exploiting other teams

impose your will (demand the ball)#

young ivee also told me at the banquet that he was excited about drake's new album dropping earlier that day, drake is his favorite artist along with j cole & future for getting amped up on gamedays

so what does ivan think now?

brenden glapion, on the other hand, thinks its drake 2nd best album ever after take care

musical opinions are like dumb azzs, everybody got one

]

drake can't ball (except dominik)#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842687146 said:

washington state's 3rd leading scorer que johnson is gonna be a graduate transfer to western kentucky

sign of the apocalypse (ernie's last year in pullman)#

what up in pullman?

***josh hawkenson, leading scorer, has declared for the nba draft (no agent)
***ike iroegbu, 2nd leading scorer, has declared for the nba draft (no agent)
***que johnson, 3rd leading scorer, transferring to western kentucky
***connor clifford, 5th leading scorer, has declared for the nba draft (no agent)
***valentine izundu, 7th leading scorer, transferring to san diego state after being solicited/tampered by the aztecs staff
***brett boese is out of eligibility
***junior longrus is out of eligibility

my niece bailey doing a selfie with her favorite washington state cougar/golden state warrior klay thompson

klay isn't my favorite cougar, not even close...it should be mentioned (again) that curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools like washington state wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, that's just how the world works

i fully expect my man travis decuire, the head coach at montana & a seattle native, to be offered the head coach position at wsu after ernie is fired after this season...of course, if lorenzo misses the ncca tournament for the 6th straight season as expected, washington might hire td to turn around the struggling basketball program in seattle

as the world turns (bad times in the northwest)#
Shocky1
the cal staff has extended an actionable offer & is relentlessly targeting 7' 225 lbs ikechukwu "ikey" obiagu a top 10 player in the 2017 class from the greenforest mccalep christian academy in decatur georgia & the georgia stars aau team

obiagu is already an devestating shot blocker/rim defender & would benefit from being coached up by wyking jones on a daily basis both on & off the court

ikey is the son of nigerian parents & got a 3.9 gpa, he's not a dumb azz...he told ryan gorcey "education is also important, even if i leave early (for the nba) i would still complete my education"

obiagu kinda sounds like a 2016 nba lottery pick from atlanta that fell in the california sun, not taking about chief noc a homa

[video=youtube;-VS4-4vcFzA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including nigeria & georgia)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842687177 said:

the donut boy of tucson is not a player's coach & arizona is an academically mediocre school with a 95%+ acceptance rate

tucson is a dump#

the donut boy of tucson is bringing in 2016 forward keneau pinder an australian who got a 2.5 gpa with low test scores at hutchinson community college

it's easier to get accepted into the university of arizona than it is to get a dog license in pima county

don't be a dumb azz#
HoopDreams

Shocky1
Shocky1;842686930 said:

what's the biggest thing i would change (if i could) re: our guys?

without a doubt that would be their ******* pointless addictions to video games

1st guy taylor & i spoke to at the banquet was tyrone, he tells me he's "by far" the best video games player in the house...so i spend the rest of the nite talking to each guy & they all laugh (and tell me that tyrone's claim is not even close to accurate) & passionately tell me who's the best video game player, the answers tended to focus upon a specific player's game expertise like roger with fifa or something like that (i really don't understand any of this ****)

anyways, their brains are all rotting away...yeah, they're probably playing some games at the house right now while reading this, that's messed up

this is cal basketball (unfortunately)#:headbang

ivan, are you ******* serious?...are you intentionally trying to **** me off?

Shocky1
dom, jesli ty i twoja mama i tata maja panstwo jakiekolwiek, trener martin pojedzie torun aby odebrac je w swoim samochodzie:headbang

uniwersytet kalifornijski, berkeley=numer jeden w rankingu univwersytet publicny na swiecie (w tym w polsce)
Shocky1
good luck to dom at ole miss in his search for basketball & personal development, this was a unusual recruitment for several reasons & he's made the decision that college in the kinda redneck south will be the best fit for him...i hope he finds acceptance in oxford

not very often will a recruit like dom with a 3.55 gpa during his freshman year at drake pass up the opportunity to get a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world (including poland) for an academically mediocre school like ole miss, drake is a better regarded college than ole miss

nie decyzja 50 lat#
BoaltBear
His loss.
Shocky1
BoaltBear;842689457 said:

His loss.

dom will hopefully get along great with the rednecks...they aren't big fans of weirdos that do yoga, colored people, hippies & gays that's for sure

Shocky1
Shocky1;842688505 said:

congrats to 2017 cal prospect damari milstead of moreau catholic on his offer from local st marys

frank knight's mariners#

st marys has also offered 2017 point guard jade smith of st josephs notre dame

cal remains all in with troy brown jr at the 1 with jemarl baker sliding over from the 2 at times & vice versa, brown & baker are both multiple
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Kianna & Alaysia 2017[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842659547 said:

congrats to the rapidly growing cal basketball fan base that turned off their tv sets & traveled to haas pavilion on gamedays (often with their family & friends) that resulted in a perfect 18-0 season at our palace:gobears:

we got a true loud & hostile homecourt haas advantage which is critical for recruiting, big time recruits wanna play on large stages:bravo

the attendance increased a remarkable 25.7%, this will probably be the #1 increase in college attendance this season thanks to your loyal passion & energy for our true student athletes & hard working staff:axe

2015/2016 average game attendance for pac 12 teams:
1) arizona-14,257
2) utah-12,998
3) california-10,183 (25.7% increase over prior season)
4) colorado-8,540
5) ucla-8,072
6) oregon-7,467
7) washington-6,978
8) oregon state-6,256
9) arizona state-5,807
10) usc-4,607 (it's true, nobody gives a **** about usc basketball)
11) stanford-4,393
12) washington state-2,857

season in the california sun#:woohoo

what's your role with 2016/2017 attendance at haas pavilion & continuing to support the upward trajectory of the cal basketball program?

if you're a tv fan, are you gonna get to berkeley on a few gamedays next season?

if you're a fan, are you gonna get season tix(s) next season?

if you're a season tix(s) holder, are you gonna renew & increase the # of seats to include other people in your family/circle of friends?

you are the key to the future of the cal basketball program, the increased attendance this year & the historic 18-0 perfect home record are intertwined, our guys played significantly better in berkeley in front of our loud loyal fans than they did on the hostile road, hopefully they will play with greater mental toughness on the road next season

with ivan returning, the time is now for everything

let's do this#

are you gonna be in your palace again next season or not?...was there even one cal fan who did not depart haas pavilion after any game without a smile on their face?

tomorrow is the deadline to renew your same seats, this is your palace

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]"He's a guy that's going to use basketball to do great things in life."[/SIZE]

Shocky1
Shocky1;842681066 said:

happy b-day, alec, love your enthusiasm for the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world

hope you maximize your time at prep school to build muscle thru the s&c program, continue grinding to improve your basketball skills & most importantly work harder in the class room to raise your gpa to ensure a successful admission & transition to berkeley

nobody became mentally limitless overnight, alec, your journey is all in front of you...you got the 100% support of coach martin & the cal staff

let's do this

brandon chauca recently had the year end meeting that coach martin has with every player & coach asked him how he would feel if he never got off the bench next season...brandon told him that he's gonna work so hard & consistently knock down 3 pointers that coach won't have a choice but to play him

coach martin will also hopefully have a similar meeting in the near future with alec hickman focusing on 3 areas:

***academics: how did alec do this last semester of his senior year, did he achieve at least a 3.5+ gpa?...his overall borderline 3.0 gpa makes him a potential non acceptance risk with cal admissions...the staff frustrated oscar frayer, davon dillard, tyson jolly & jordan cornish and themselves (acting like a victim because of your own poor decisions is a clown's errand) by recruiting guys who weren't gonna be accepted at cal because of substandard academics

***s&c development: how much good weight/strength has hickman put on since his commitment, is he building the body to compete as a pac 12 level athlete?

***basketball skills: alec was named to the orange county's 4th team as a senior, is he developing the shooting, ball handling & defensive skills to be a contributor for the cal basketball program?

asking hickman to attend prep school for a year if he truly isn't a cal fit isn't fair to the young man, there is still time for him to sign with a less academically challenging low mid major program that he can earn playing time

if alec is making the necessary positive steps to be a contributor to the cal basketball program & is willing to accept his role in the future, then we'll look forward to seeing hickman in berkeley in 2017
Shocky1
there was a significant factor (that must remain confidential) in dominik olejniczak's recruitment that was beyond cal's control, the staff did their job
Bobodeluxe
Shocky1;842689543 said:

are you gonna be in your palace again next season or not?...was there even one cal fan who did not depart haas pavilion after any game without a smile on their face?

tomorrow is the deadline to renew your same seats, this is your palace

My seats suck. Well, the seats are fine, but the joyless fans around us are awful. Can't wait for the seat swap.
First Page Last Page
Page 324 of 331

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.