cal's monster class deux

1,375,908 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
mikecohen
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842693990 said:

after a fool's errand of gaining commits from low gpa/admissions denials from oscar frayer, davon dillard, tyson jolly & jordan cornish, the cal staff finished cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016) strong with a trio of true student athletes that will compete both on the court & in the berkeley classrooms in the beautiful & diverse san francisco bay area in a cal basketball family environment that is supportive of their quests to become mentally limitless

dontae coleman, 3.3 gpa at lawson state

grant mullins, 3.31 gpa at columbia in the ivy league

charlie moore, 3.86 gpa at morgan park

them curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools that wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads, gpas unknown (and who cares)

cal's howlin' at the moon class (2016)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (and probably galaxy too):gobears:

Shocky: Let me ask the question another way: Are you saying that females from cal, stanford and ivy league DON'T want to marry guys from Cal?, or that none of those females can be curvy yoga females?, or that curvy yoga females can't get high gpas?, or can't be intelligent?
Shocky1
mikecohen;842694003 said:

Shocky: Let me ask the question another way: Are you saying that females from cal, stanford and ivy league DON'T want to marry guys from Cal?, or that none of those females can be curvy yoga females?, or that curvy yoga females can't get high gpas?, or can't be intelligent?

*****curvy brunette yoga females from cal, stanford & ivy league schools do want to date & marry cal guys that got flat stomachs & that like to shop with them at whole foods & restoration hardware
*****curvy brunette yoga females can get high gpas & be intelligent if they got academic ambition & they are mentally limitless
*****curvy brunette yoga females from academically mediocre schools (by definition they got low gpas) wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league guys
*****dumb azzs with low gpas that just wanna play basketball on a basketball court with a basketball at academically mediocre schools like arizona are ****** in life if they get injured, in one second in one play it's all ******* over

50 year decision#
Civil Bear
Shocky1;842693753 said:

civil bear, your lack of compassion for rescue animals is duly noted

my take on you is that you're a lazy fat azz who don't got the energy to be passionate about anything whether it is to save dogs lives or actually go to cal basketball games at haas pavilion...my suggestion is that you try to flatten your stomach thru better nutrition & peaceful meditation, right now you're a very angry person & that's not healthy

do you got season tix(s) for this season?

Okay, and as long as we are telling each other what we think of each other, my take on you is that you're a spoiled spoon-fed POS that desperately needs to keep this thread alive in order to continue to seek out the the attention you need to validate your life.

I also take it you are the type of person that thinks he can impress people because he got his dog from an animal shelter, and that you've never taken the time to even visit a true traumatized rescue dog from a Chinese or South Korean food farm like the ones in your photo.
Shocky1
Civil Bear;842694023 said:

Okay, and as long as we are telling each other what we think of each other, my take on you is that you're a spoiled spoon-fed POS that desperately needs to keep this thread alive in order to continue to seek out the the attention you need to validate your life.

I also take it you are the type of person that thinks he can impress people because he got his dog from an animal shelter, and that you've never taken the time to even visit a true traumatized rescue dog from a Chinese or South Korean food farm like the ones in your photo.

civil, for the record i got multiple rescue dogs & cats (trouble, mugsy & minko stinko) from local no kill shelters, i'm actively involved in fundraising for multiple rescue shelters in maricopa county

and yeah, during our family's spring break (golf for me) trip to asia last month we saw 1st hand appalling living conditions for animals on hainan island (china), vietnam & bangkok

so answer the question, do you got season tix(s) for cal basketball this season?...with 8700+ posts you would think you would actually go to basketball games at haas pavilion, right?...please confirm you're not a fake model

Shocky1
Shocky1;842683167 said:

in speaking with multiple guys at the banquet re: the incoming 2016 recruits, there is unanimous consensus from playing with & against grant mullins during the live scrimmage during his official visit to berkeley that he will be a true impact player next season...our bears told me that mullins is a clever high basketball iq elite shooter with a lethal stroke that is truly unselfish with the ball that will also facilitate his teammates...perhaps a step slow on defense by pac 12 standards, he is experienced enough to intuitively not overplay the ball & is tough enough to fight thru screen packages...i love hearing that he brings a little bit of east coast attitude, this team needs to become significantly mentally tougher next season if it is to achieve its potential deep ncca tournament run & grant mullins will be a very important piece of that puzzle as he is expected to quickly transition into the playing rotation as an impact guard

in playing against dontae coleman, guys told me he is also a very good shooter but is inexperienced & does not fully realize yet the defensive intensity & nonstop motor that is required at this level...coleman is likely to be a role player this upcoming season but has 3 years to achieve his significant upside...he is likable & will fit in well with his new teammates...and yeah dontae is aware of my stipulated 3.0+ gpa requirement in order to be called don by the shockster in the future...what up, dontae?

dontae coleman will be arriving in berkeley along with grant & charlie for cal's summer bridge which starts june 22nd

coleman has a 3.3 gpa at lawson junior college in alabama after a lazy azz 2.8 gpa at butler high school in augusta, georgia...there will be a period of adjustment for him as he develops the necessary study skills to facilitate his earning a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world

it is for this reason that the staff might consider blueshirting coleman this season if he doesn't crack the probable 4 guard playing rotation particularly with jordan mathews, sam singer & grant mullins all playing as seniors...a blueshirt season would allow him to focus on his academics, work his azz off in the coach nicodemus elite s&c program and continue to improve his basketball skills

whether he debuts in 2016 or 2017, dontae coleman's best days are all in front of him in the cali sun

Shocky1
are the golden state warriors the nba version of them california golden bears, unbeatable at home with the positive energy of their loved ones & candy azz soft on the road?

hopefully the additions of the charlie moore, grant mullins & dontae coleman along with the debut of roman "knock you on your azz" davis will bring a more fiery & mentally tough/competitive attitude to games away from haas pavilion next year

let's do this, home cooking is great but sometimes you gotta eat at maestros or dominicks on the road

brawlinho

Never met Shocky but can vouch for the fact that on the subject of shelters, he walks the walk. Run a large benefit tennis tournament for local no kill shelters and he stepped up to help me no hesitation. We are all bears on this one.
SFBearz

+ 1
Shocky1

happy 20th birthday to nick "the smartest bear of them all" hamilton

nick grew up with some family challenges (he's got the best dad of all time) but the gates scholar still got a smile every day, the clouds are never gray

hamilton blueshirted this season & told me at the banquet that he's gonna graduate from cal as an undergraduate in a remarkable 3 years & then play his final 2 years as a graduate student before pursuing a career as a sports agent

"nothing could stop me from achieving my goals in life except divine intervention"
-nick hamilton

nick, trust me on this, your ugly azz beard isn't gonna help you with them curvy brunette yoga females...i dunno maybe you'll get a facial manscape clean up package from your family for your b-day

Shocky1

Shocky1
coach martin & his youngest son chase at the west coast elite all start camp for northern california

there are growing signs that roberta is an exceptional chef, shut up shocky

cal family#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842682009 said:

name that california golden bear:

what bear has been involved in the most fights/skirmishes during practices this season?

what non rotation bear has been noted by nba scouts during pregame warmups (45 minutes before tip off) for his freak athleticism?

what bear brought a robust 3.5 gpa to cal's diamonds are forever class (2015) which was an integral part of important confidential acceptance negotiations with cal admissions that impacted another key player?

what bear said before the team traveled down under that he was excited but that he didn't know how to speak any australian?

what bear led the pac 12 in the most missed uncontested 5 footers during pregame warmups (yeah, i keep track of that ****)?

what bear did coach christopher tell me unconditionally does absolutely everything he instructs him to so without hesitation & has made major strides in his s&c with the addition of significant good weight/muscle?

yeah, roman davis is gonna bring a much needed bad azz element to next season's team chemistry

[video=youtube;zMbUrEQtdU0][/video]

coach martin told the banquet crowd with a sly grin that roman davis really likes to mix it up during practices, coach knows his team has been too candy azz soft which resulted in the bears underachieving last season

one of roman's teammates told me that he got a "light switch" & that when he gets on the court it gets turned on & he's ******* amped up & ready to roll...he wants to win every rebound, win every drill

roman told me he played high school in the 180s, that's he now 200 lbs & that he's working with coach christopher to get to 215 lbs for this season, he's gonna bring a physical presence to the court

davis also told me he will be playing at the 3 which means he will competing for minutes behind the birdman

i talked **** with roman about him leading the pac 12 in the most missed shots during pregame warm ups & he promised me that won't happen when the lights go on starting this november

with roman davis blueshirting last season after arriving in berkeley as an excellent student with a 3.5 gpa, it is important that he take less than full academic loads (15 units) to ensure that he does not graduate in 4 years (which is the current situation with kameron rooks)...12 units course loads would result in a 5th year in berkeley with the potential for a very light schedule during the spring of his final year to focus primarily upon basketball before earning his degree

academic logistics#
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842694164 said:

candy azz soft on the road?

You mean this Warrior team that set the NBA record for most road wins ever?
Shocky1
UCBerkGrad;842694224 said:

You mean this Warrior team that set the NBA record for most road wins ever?

yeah, steph (just like jabari) plays a lot better at home after a good luck kiss

concordtom
Shocky1;842694222 said:

with roman davis blueshirting last season after arriving in berkeley as an excellent student with a 3.5 gpa, it is important that he take less than full academic loads (15 units) to ensure that he does not graduate in 4 years (which is the current situation with kameron rooks)...12 units course loads would result in a 5th year in berkeley with the potential for a very light schedule during the spring of his final year to focus primarily upon basketball before earning his degree

academic logistics#

Right!
Cause we wouldn't want these student athletes to be able to get a masters degree while on basketball scholarship during that 5th year, wherever it may be.

You've just completely outdone yourself. Incredible hypocrisy.
petalumabear
As long as he doesn't melt. smh
Shocky1
it should be emphasized that roman's academic workload should be structured in such a manner that there's still ample time to spend time with a curvy brunette yoga female that can teach him australian too, davis has gotta be multiple

this really isn't that complicated

-profressor shoski

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including down under)
HoopDreams

UrsaMajor
Is Shocky a dumbazz in addition to being an egotist?

Earlier in the thread he lists 6-7 players (depending on Kam Rooks status) who will be on scholarship for 2017 and indicates that Cuonzo plans a class of 5, then states that therefore there will be 9-10 players on scholarship. Maybe in Scottsdale 6-7 + 5 = 9-10, but I'm pretty sure no where else.
concordtom
Yes.
(But, it's not nice to speak so disparagingly of someone so worthy of being disparaged. So, let's just let him keep posting here for his own amusement.
Mental illness is a real phenomenon. Having a Cal degree does not provide immunity.)
parentswerebears
UrsaMajor;842694280 said:

Is Shocky a dumbazz in addition to being an egotist?

Earlier in the thread he lists 6-7 players (depending on Kam Rooks status) who will be on scholarship for 2017 and indicates that Cuonzo plans a class of 5, then states that therefore there will be 9-10 players on scholarship. Maybe in Scottsdale 6-7 + 5 = 9-10, but I'm pretty sure no where else.

My guess is that if that was the case, it would be to bring balance to the classes. Having seven seniors is great, but what about when they all leave? My guess is that they will bring in transfers to balance it out. Isn't having 2-3 recruits per class the ideal?
Shocky1
Shocky1;842693595 said:

how is the 2017 roster shaping up at this time?

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman
sophomores: roman davis & charlie moore
junior: dontae coleman
seniors: kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

the staff has indicated that they are currently targeting a five (5) person 2017 class which means there will most likely be 9-10 scholly players on the roster at that time

that means that my current walk on boyz nick hamilton (then a junior) & cole welle (then a senior) will be in strong positions to earn playing time (and probably basketball schollys too)

let's do this#

ursa, are you a cal grad or did you graduate from an academically mediocre school like concord tom?...kinda seems like your mental challenges are not only mathematical but also reading comprehension

the 2017 scholly roster above with 6-7 players includes demarl baker & alec hickman...if you add 3 more freshmen to join them (which is the staff's target of 5 new players), then the total roster would be 9-10 scholly players, got it?

and other questions?
LOUMFSG2
Shocky1;842693595 said:

how is the 2017 roster shaping up at this time?

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman
seniors: kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

the staff has indicated that they are currently targeting a five (5) person 2017 class which means there will most likely be 9-10 scholly players on the roster at that time

that means that my current walk on boyz nick hamilton (then a junior) & cole welle (then a senior) will be in strong positions to earn playing time (and probably basketball schollys too)

let's do this#

Shocky, I follow the math, but shouldn't Chauca be listed with King and (maybe) Kam as seniors in 2017?

Also, I am assuming they are only targeting a five person 2017 class to avoid a major class imbalance. If the five included a one-or-two-and-done type player, would they consider going beyond five? And even if they stick to five freshmen for 2017, wouldn't they consider supplementing that with transfers (grad or otherwise)?
Shocky1
LOUMFSG2;842694352 said:

Shocky, I follow the math, but shouldn't Chauca be listed with King and (maybe) Kam as seniors in 2017?

Also, I am assuming they are only targeting a five person 2017 class to avoid a major class imbalance. If the five included a one-or-two-and-done type player, would they consider going beyond five? And even if they stick to five freshmen for 2017, wouldn't they consider supplementing that with transfers (grad or otherwise)?

lou, you are correct, that's a dumb azz move by me to forget my boy brandon chauca for the 2017 roster

freshmen: demarl baker & alec hickman & 3 more recruits
seniors: brandon chauca, kingsley okoroh & kameron rooks (maybe)

that's a projected roster of 10-11 scholly players which is 2-3 under the ncca limit

my original point was that both nick hamilton & cole welle with continued development will be in strong positions for potential rotation playing time in 2017

agreed that if a potential one & done commits to the bears that a 6th player will be signed, the staff is not gonna pass on elite impact prospects that are academically ready to roll in berkeley

the problem with graduate transfers is that the 1st time an athlete doesn't complete the goldman school of public health program in order to pursue professional playing aspirations, there's a very good chance that pipeline will be turned off for future graduate transfers...dwight tarwater has completed that program, nick kerr is halfway done & will be a graduate assistant coach next season & grant mullins & quarterback davis webb are enrolling this summer...despite what you read on this board, both the basketball & football staffs are very aware of the lack of realistic graduate school programs for graduate transfers & that the completion rate of the school of public health programs by those already accepted will have an impact on future admissions
Shocky1
san diego state's malik pope is withdrawing from the nba draft & will play in the aztecs battle with the bears at the neutral site game in downtown sacramento at the under construction golden 1 center
Shocky1
why cal doesn't recruit 2.5 gpa dumb azzs: guard derrick bruce is never gonna score 25 points again vs them california golden bears like he did in the pac 12 tournament in las vegas, he's no longer enrolled in school in freezing azz corvallis & intends to transfer because of the academic challenges of oregon state

how is this possible, what school on earth is less academically challenging than ******* oregon state?...does tutor time even give out degrees?

derrick was majoring at osu in "university exploratory studies"...you could not make this **** up if you wanted to...but let's be real here, oregon state in its role as an academically mediocre school like neighboring oregon (both got 95%+ acceptance rates) is producing some curvy brunette yoga females that wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads in the future

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
hopefully young ivee is gonna continue to develop #1 pick in the 2017 nba draft strength with a target of 229 lbs & j mat is gonna relentlessly finish up his rehab and get back on the court working on his mid range & basket attacking skills to complement his creasy en fuego 3 point moneyballs

let's do this#
Shocky1
ira lee, a 6'7" 220 lbs power forward/rebounding machine & top 60 player in the 2017 class is a key targeted recruiting priority & got an actionable offer from coach martin & the cal staff that has been intently watching him at aau sessions...like troy brown jr (3.7 gpa) the bears are all in on ira lee

ira is an ideal fit with his 3.7 gpa during the fall semester, he's not a dumb azz...plus unlike coach martin he got great hair

lee switched from the oakland soldiers (nike) to the earl watson aau elite (under armour) this summer & is playing with friend jemarl baker (3.6 gpa) who recruited him to the aau team

ira is also hearing from his longtime friend young ivee who is talking to him re: cal & the opportunity to replace him at the 4 in 2017 when ivan declares for the nba draft

lee recently tweeted re: charlie moore's signing with them california golden bears, elite bigs want an elite point guard to distribute/facilitate them & yeah charlie (3.86 gpa) is that guy with skilled passing jemarl also sliding over to the 1 at times

listen to the interview below, the recruiting information is a little outdated but you can't help but be impressed with the poised & articulate ira lee
[video=youtube;2JQWRlu-9HU][/video]

right now this is looking like a cal (50 year decision in a family environment with world class academics) vs arizona (mediocre academics, off court chemistry issues, tucson is a dump) with the bears offering a much better opportunity (but not guaranteed) for an immediate starting role as a freshman...his curvy brunette yoga female girlfriend valerie higgins is signed to the usc women's basketball team but the trojans already got two talented 4s in chimezie metu & bennie boatwright

yeah, ira lee is expecting to make an early summer decision, he would be a perfect addition to cal's touch the sky class (2017), he's no lupe fiasco that's for sure, he's got crazy hops

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including san pedro):gobears:
Shocky1
Shocky1;842683147 said:

while carrying on multiple conversations i heard a ""hey" & threw back a quick "what's up?" without really looking to see who it was...taylor told me "dad, be polite, that's jaylen"

so i walked over to jb & we gave each other a hug...he is like all the guys a special person, so thoughtful, & thanked me for my support this season

jaylen told me he's currently working out in los angeles but made the trip specifically back to berkeley for the banquet, he seemed surprised when i told him i really didn't expect to see him there

unlike 99% of the early nba draft entrants that are signed with agents, jaylen is still enrolled in his classes which he will complete this spring...the plan is to resume his studies for his cal degree in 3-5 years

taylor told him how i'm always listening to keep me company (the link above) & he told me that the tribe akashic are his cousins in atlanta & that he helped produce this song...i told him that this song will always remind me of him & his gifts both on & off the court

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

jaylen, you are making an innovative & financially smart move not hiring an agent (except for the shoe endorsement deal which will be handled by aaron goodwin of goodwin sports) in that you will be saving the 4% max paid for representation...it makes sense you will be consulting with isiah thomas (got a graduate degree from cal), shareef abdur-rahim & ron klempner of the nba players association...in that the nba rookie salaries are relatively fixed per the linked scale below, it is possible that we will see future players such as ivan rabb in the 2017 nba draft bypass the unnecessary representation of sports agents & their runners (like omar wilkes who is given too much access to the cal basketball program via free curtsied tickets & attendance at closed practices) for their 1st contracts...you are gonna save $150,000 (if drafted #8) to $300,000 (if drafted #3) over the course of the 1st contract's 4 years, that's a lot of coin that can be better conserved/utilized

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

petalumabear
Shocky1;842694449 said:

an academically mediocre school like neighboring oregon (both got 95%+ acceptance rates)

Shocky. When you use inaccurate information you discount the value of the education you received at your alma mater. The figure you quote "might" be accurate for Oregon State (I'm not going to look it up - so I'm like you in that regard) but it is totally inaccurate for Oregon. The other thing that you conveniently ignore, is that the State of Oregon is still holding spots for Oregon high school grads who meet the minimum requirements which is what the state of California used to do. Thus, the higher acceptance rate of kids with Oregon citizenship which accounts for the higher (lower) acceptance rates.

For someone who is do focused on his education and (supposedly) the numbers associated with it, being intellectually dishonest is shameful and disrespectful of the degree that many others here earned (supposedly) like you. I keep telling you and hope that one day you'll listen. Remember, your daughters see this behavior and think it must be OK since you do it to take short cuts and fudge the facts.

Girls, don't be a dumb @ss like Dad#
Shocky1
petaluma, trust me, my daughters shay & taylor have dedicated their lives to not be an embarzzing dumb azz like their dad

they got academic ambition & are limitless mentally (sort of), their future husbands will not get away with much **** that's for sure

petalumabear
Thanks for not addressing the facts I brought to the table... I'm happy for you and your wife if your daughters are happy and thrive in spite of the example being set...
Shocky1
nothing written in stone yet but 1st game might be on friday november 11th vs them university of san francisco dons

do you got your season tix(s) yet?

who would taylor root for?#
Shocky1
petalumabear;842694630 said:

Thanks for not addressing the facts I brought to the table... I'm happy for you and your wife if your daughters are happy and thrive in spite of the example being set...

to be honest with you sometimes they get upset with me when i make them caddie/carry my clubs for 36 holes & don't even offer to get them lunch between rounds
south bender
"to be honest with you"...

When you do not preface your comments with this phrase, or "trust me," should a reader assume you are bs'ing?
Last Page
Page 2 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.