cal's monster class deux

1,375,869 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Bobodeluxe
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1;842698723 said:

not gonna happen, jordan is listening to a former assistant basketball coach who has told him that "cal's environment is toxic" & that coach martin doesn't like him...neither of these accusations are true

very disappointed in huf that thru his actions in texting lindsay brauner & badmouthing coach martin he has broken literally every rule of professionalism...yann is blaming cal for his actions & not taking ownership for his unwise decisions, in retrospect he really hasn't learned anything...he's been called on his comments by the cal staff & his reputation within the college basketball community has taken yet another hit

Is that any way to talk about a golfing buddy.

JM was around longer than Huff, so he knows Cal better than a one year coach/Tosher.
Shocky1
Bobodeluxe;842698735 said:

Is that any way to talk about a golfing buddy.

JM was around longer than Huff, so he knows Cal better than a one year coach/Tosher.

never played golf with huf but did take his dad out in the hamptons, his dad taught him better than his current self destructive actions
concordtom
Thank you. Surely, I will now stop calling you 'Shirley'!
That was far more than I asked of you.
dal9
concordtom;842698715 said:

Answer the question, Shirley!!!

socaltownie
Shocky1;842698723 said:

not gonna happen, jordan is listening to a former assistant basketball coach who has told him that "cal's environment is toxic" & that coach martin doesn't like him...neither of these accusations are true

very disappointed in huf that thru his actions in texting lindsay brauner & badmouthing coach martin he has broken literally every rule of professionalism...yann is blaming cal for his actions & not taking ownership for his unwise decisions, in retrospect he really hasn't learned anything...he's been called on his comments by the cal staff & his reputation within the college basketball community has taken yet another hit

SOunds like a PRIME candidate for a job in Tuscon once the the kicker leaves. Good times.
Shocky1

per conversations with the phoenix sun front office personnel, jaylen brown absolutely upgraded his draft status with the phoenix sun (#4 selection in the 2016 nba draft) with his private workout/discussions at the suns facilities today

jaylen knocked down nba 3 pointers which surprised them given his 29.4% inconsistency this season for the bears, his improvement from behind his line thru his recent workouts demonstrates his ability to develop thru hard work in a relatively short period of time his unlimited upside...the suns love his ability to be multiple/positionless which is a valued commodity in the nba these days, their biggest concern are his passing skills

the nba is a billon dollar biz, the suns season tix sales have been down (phoenix was #20 in nba attendance during the 2015/2016 season) ever since the charles barkley era, a superstar that connected with fans...jaylen absolutely dazzled the suns with his poise, sense of humor & diversified (i learned today that he loves checkers as much as chess) points of view which is a typical characteristic of cal basketball student athletes...he is perceived as having the wholesome engaging personality to become the face of the suns & sell tickets

you read it here 1st, jaylen brown will be the #4 selection in the 2016 nba draft & will sign a guaranteed money 3 year contract for $10,500,000 with zero money to worthless agents

cal is a dream school#

Shocky1;842683147 said:

while carrying on multiple conversations i heard a ""hey" & threw back a quick "what's up?" without really looking to see who it was...taylor told me "dad, be polite, that's jaylen"

so i walked over to jb & we gave each other a hug...he is like all the guys a special person, so thoughtful, & thanked me for my support this season

jaylen told me he's currently working out in los angeles but made the trip specifically back to berkeley for the banquet, he seemed surprised when i told him i really didn't expect to see him there

unlike 99% of the early nba draft entrants that are signed with agents, jaylen is still enrolled in his classes which he will complete this spring...the plan is to resume his studies for his cal degree in 3-5 years

taylor told him how i'm always listening to keep me company (the link above) & he told me that the tribe akashic are his cousins in atlanta & that he helped produce this song...i told him that this song will always remind me of him & his gifts both on & off the court

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru

jaylen, you are making an innovative & financially smart move not hiring an agent (except for the shoe endorsement deal which will be handled by aaron goodwin of goodwin sports) in that you will be saving the 4% max paid for representation...it makes sense you will be consulting with isiah thomas (got a graduate degree from cal), shareef abdur-rahim & ron klempner of the nba players association...in that the nba rookie salaries are relatively fixed per the linked scale below, it is possible that we will see future players such as ivan rabb in the 2017 nba draft bypass the unnecessary representation of sports agents & their runners (like omar wilkes who is given too much access to the cal basketball program via free curtsied tickets & attendance at closed practices) for their 1st contracts...you are gonna save $150,000 (if drafted #8) to $300,000 (if drafted #3) over the course of the 1st contract's 4 years, that's a lot of coin that can be better conserved/utilized

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/info/rookie_scale

Shocky1
juhwan is gonna make an unofficial visit to berkeley on june 13th

Shocky1;842697290 said:

congrats to 2017 fast emerging 6'4" 190 juhwan harris-dyson of heritage christian high school (academically focused school with 600 students in north hills) & earl watson elite teammate/friend of cal commit jemarl baker & cal priority target ira lee

juhwan is long & athletic and has the potential to be a contributing pac 12 utility guard with continued improvement on his shooting...last season he averaged 14.7 ppg, 13.6 rpg, 2.9 apg, 2.8 spy & 2.3 tpg for the heritage christian warriors

watch the video belong of harris-dyson, he got a lotta energy, opponents tryna drain him of his synergy, not gonna happen

[video=youtube;cRMXRlwMCTw][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including so cal)
concordtom
Shocky1;842698856 said:

you read it here 1st, jaylen brown will be the #4 selection in the 2016 nba draft & will sign a guaranteed money 3 year contract for $10,500,000 with zero money to worthless agents

cal is a dream school#

How much is typical agent% take?
10% ?
UrsaMajor
3%
BeachedBear
concordtom;842698885 said:

10% ?

Don't know if sports is similar, but one of my children did some acting modeling and the agency take was 2-10% depending on level of fees (i.e. 10% for smaller gigs, lower percentage for bigger gigs). That included representation and contracting (finding you work and helping with contract negotiation, etc). Depending on your needs.desires, many of the agencies also provide financial consulting services, legal services and personal aide services. I'm pretty sure the big sports agents do this as well, so the 3% agent fee may be supplemented by other fees that could add up to 10% or more.

However, I'm just projecting child acting to sports - anyone else have better info?
TheSouseFamily
BeachedBear;842698939 said:

Don't know if sports is similar, but one of my children did some acting modeling and the agency take was 2-10% depending on level of fees (i.e. 10% for smaller gigs, lower percentage for bigger gigs). That included representation and contracting (finding you work and helping with contract negotiation, etc). Depending on your needs.desires, many of the agencies also provide financial consulting services, legal services and personal aide services. I'm pretty sure the big sports agents do this as well, so the 3% agent fee may be supplemented by other fees that could add up to 10% or more.

However, I'm just projecting child acting to sports - anyone else have better info?

An agent's take usually differs between the % of negotiated contract with a team and the % of negotiated endorsement/marketing deals, etc. as the latter is usually a higher %. I believe the NBA and perhaps other sports league cap the % that agents can take from a player's contract with a team. It's something like 4 or 5%. Not sure what it is currently.
Shocky1
concordtom;842698885 said:

10% ?

the nba allows a maximum of 4% of a player's total compensation

if jaylen is the #4 selection of the phoenix suns, he will be saving $400,000+ over the course of his first 3 year contract in the league
Shocky1
prayers & best wishes from taylor & shocky to khayla & kameron rooks

kam, you don't got to have a yoga/meditation practice to know that your dad is always going to be a part of you

rip sean rooks 1969-2016#
Shocky1
isabell, your voice speaks to me...you got a very special gift & i hope that you will be invited to sing (with your unique style & sense of interpretation) the national anthem at a cal basketball game this season

yeah, that would be ******* crazy

[video=youtube;GFPBHVxbHLQ][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5][COLOR="#0000CD"]http://www.sfgate.com/collegesports/article/Ivan-Rabb-discusses-return-to-Cal-7968992.php[/COLOR][/SIZE]

Shocky1

anybody else notice that my new favorite singer isabel damiani of cal's soccer team kinda looks like the curvy brunette yoga with a flat stomach sister of cal guy aaron rodgers girlfriend olivia munn?

i dunno who knows maybe i'm just crazy

but two things are for certain, isabel gotta a way better corner kick than olivia & neither diva is chowing down on them heart attack glazed maple bars with fuschia sprinkles like the donut boy of tuscon

Shocky1
in fairness it should be also pointed out that olivia is way better at fighting arch villlians & **** like that than isabela

cal's monster class is all about journalistic integrity & fairness

Shocky1

isabel, i dunno but after you graduate from cal you could become a grammy award winning recording artist, a x men superhero fighting the scum of earth or help olivia & i in our efforts on behalf of peta & no kill dogs & cats rescue shelters...paws up, baby

but maybe this season you could get to haas pavilion and root for slow & the forgotten, the cal walk ons...cole & nick need our unmitgated support, they are the saddest show in all the land guaranteed to make you cry

Shocky1
isabel, how can you possibly say no?

HoopDreams
[COLOR="#000080"][SIZE=5]http://www.courtsidefilms.com/news_article/show/657716?referrer_id=[/SIZE][/COLOR]

HoopDreams
[video=youtube;_H_6jyxH4-Y][/video]
Shocky1
ikey just rated the #20 player in the 2017 class due to a sinus infection which has limited his aau playing time this summer but make no mistake about it obiagu is a top 10 player when totally healthy

there are a lot of academically mediocre schools chasing obiagu but that's not gonna happen with his wise & loving parents, they are not gonna send their 3.9 gpa son to a clown school like arizona

yeah, ikey has noted that the cal staff is among the programs recruiting him the hardest, he's a key priority target for the 2017 class with an actionable offer

Shocky1;842689204 said:

the cal staff has extended an actionable offer & is relentlessly targeting 7' 225 lbs ikechukwu "ikey" obiagu a top 10 player in the 2017 class from the greenforest mccalep christian academy in decatur georgia & the georgia stars aau team

obiagu is already an devastating shot blocker/rim defender & would benefit offensively from being coached up by wyking jones on a daily basis both on & off the court

ikey is the son of nigerian parents & got a 3.9 gpa, he's not a dumb azz...he told ryan gorcey "education is also important, even if i leave early (for the nba) i would still complete my education"

obiagu kinda sounds like a 2016 nba lottery pick from atlanta that fell in the california sun, not taking about chief noc a homa

[video=youtube;-VS4-4vcFzA][/video]

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including nigeria & georgia)
Shocky1

lack of focus#
Shocky1

bad azz gotta improve shooting#
Shocky1
"life is fluid, nothing is set in stone"

-jordan mathews, noted stubborn azz goat & potential 2016 pac 12 leading scorer

life is not linear#
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]superman or super person?[/SIZE]

Shocky1
marcus lee is not my favorite superperson, it's not even close

Shocky1
marcus & bryan lee are on an official visit to berkeley today after officially visiting washington & unofficially visiting cal last week, gotta respect the due diligence being put into this 50 year decision

Shocky1;842695873 said:

marcus, nobody gonna love you like your moms

50 year investment (own apple)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including antioch & silicone valley)
Shocky1
Shocky1;842696284 said:

who is marcus lee?

every potential future teammate & coach, every california golden bear fan that cheers their hearts out at haas pavilion, has gotta fully read the link below (more than once) to better understand what marcus lee tick...this is not optional reading

to call marcus high character would be a serious understatement, he's an inspiration of what we should all aspire to be in life

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2622747-uks-big-man-with-the-bigger-heart-marcus-lee-leaving-his-mark-in-the-community
[video=youtube;73g8I2KebD4][/video]

sherri lee=mom of the year

marcus, the cal basketball program does more community service work than probably any other collegiate basketball team in the united states of america, details available upon request just ask the coaches
Shocky1

important cal's monster class notice to all 2017 & 2018 cal targeted prospective student athletes that are also considering arizona:

when i refer to the university of arizona as an academically mediocre school what am i talking about?

is it because arizona got a 95%+ acceptance rate?...if you got a prison ged you are good to go for enrolling in tucson, no problemo

is it because an arizona degree is pretty worthless in today's fiercely competitive global economy that favors the well educated?...if you get injured while at arizona you are ******...a blink of an eye an injury means your basketball dreams are all gone, basketball is done with you...then what, are you gonna move back home with moms & flip burgers for minimum wages?

the truth is that arizona has almost zero academic standards...terrance ferguson is considering playing in australia because he went to high school at prime prep in dallas

guess what?...the ncca, which has pretty low academic standards, doesn't even consider prime prep a legitimate high school:

"when you're starting an academy for athletes and your solution for how to teach courses is to purchase a curriculum, particularly a non traditional curriculum, then you're going to open yourself to additional scrutiny from the ncca"
-john infante, ncca compliance officer

but arizona considers prime prep a real school (it's now closed) & accepted terrance ferguson...and that's why arizona is considered a clown school in the real world

cal, stanford & ivy league grads got unlimited futures and arizona grads face uncertain futures...trust me, basketball is gonna be done with you (and probably sooner than you think) at some point in your life, are you preparing yourself to be successful beyond your wildest dreams so you can take care of moms or are you gonna just gonna be a dumb azz that balls out in tucson until the **** hits home?

50 year decision#
HoopDreams

Athletic combo-guard brings a scorer's mentality to the back court; intense, competes on both ends of the floor; dribble-drive attack draws contact, finishes plays and finds the charity stripe; emerging deep threat consistency.
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jerome Randle (Former 5-8 Cal Bear from Chicago) had 16 points and 7 assists to to help his team win the Lithuanian basketball league title (and winning Finals MVP)[/SIZE]

[SIZE=5]http://www.calbears.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=30100&ATCLID=211002463[/SIZE]

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]and speaking about a star PG from Chicago ...[/SIZE]

[video=youtube;CAT9Nl28fy0][/video]
Shocky1
marcus & bryan, the article linked below explains the financial pressures in seattle that could result in coach romar (who is a good man that tries to do things the right way) may be fired after next season if the huskies miss the ncca tournament again for the 6th season in a row (washington is projected to finish 10th in the pac 12) as expected & basketball attendance continues to decline (huskies drew only 6978 fans per game last season, 7th in the pac 12 for home attendance) due a growing apathetic fan base in the stormy northwest

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/education/uw-regents-assail-ex-athletic-director-over-growing-deficit/

stormy times in seattle#
UCBerkGrad
Shocky1;842699629 said:

"life is fluid, nothing is set in stone"

-jordan mathews, noted stubborn azz goat & potential 2016 pac 12 leading scorer

Meaning?
First Page Last Page
Page 8 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.