cal's monster class deux

1,376,305 Views | 6499 Replies | Last: 6 yr ago by Admin
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
jabari, don't look back, you can never look back...what ifs don't matter in the real world, that's the ******* unvarnished truth

nba motor (the bird must fly)#
Shocky1
troy, hope you enjoy your official visit to kansas this weekend & the opportunity to see jada (she got good hair) during her final year of college...a free all expenses paid trip for keeping the family closer is always a beautiful thing

but make no mistake about it, lawrence isn't cali...what are your dreams, troy?

pacific coast highway (the journey starts here)#

Shocky1;842735713 said:

troy, are you gonna surround yourself in the future with good people/energy?...the oregon basketball program is like a dive bar with criminal dana altman as a sleazy azz bartender

heavy is the head that wears that crown#
HoopDreams
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]fit's him perfectly[/SIZE]

KenBurnski
Shocky1;842737604 said:

kenny, i dunno maybe you should focus on disc golf in the future

Way ahead of you. And I never use a cart when I play. It's just me and my caddie, Girth.
Shocky1

it's 12:48 pm & cal's basketball practice at haas pavilion has been over for 20+ minutes with coach martin leading the guys in a "together we attack" hands together huddle

at the south basket coach nic & graduate assistant coach nick kerr are having a fiercely contested steph curry vs klay thompson 3 point shooting contest from a couple feet behind the nba 3 point line, if you told me both of them guys are about 12 years i would believe you with all the friendly trash talking

at the north basket kameron rooks is working overtime with coach o'toole (whose kids are shooting at the side baskets with huge smiles on their faces) on his free throws...tim is standing next to kam on the free throw line & demonstrating without a ball a pre shot free throw routine to k(rooks), the dribble & then free throw with the follow thru form...this is a hands on coaching staff

kam shot 50+ free throws & made at least 70% of them with a much improved flow to his shot & a higher arc with a couple going in after a soft shooter's bounce off the rim/backboard...kam then starts knocking down 50% of 17 footers from the center of the key with a graceful motion, he is in the zone...they close out with kam working on his footwork on a couple of post interior moves...the extra practice closes out with kam dunking with ease something that wasn't so easy 2 seasons ago

the bears schematically were limited last season in tight games during the 5 minutes as they could not afford to have kam & king shooting free throws down the stretch, this required ivan to play the 5 in a small ball lineup to maximize free throw opportunities which put us at a disadvantage vs arizona's zeus & utah's poeltl...that will not be an issue now with kam's tremendous improvement in his shooting

as kam jogs to the locker room to get ready for the football game activities, coach o'toole runs over to his son & starts coaching him up too, the guy is a ball of energy

so then it's 1:35 pm near sproul plaza & the cal band is playing our favorite songs on a perfect berkeley fall afternoon while the dance & cheer teams are doing their thing...the team is walking up to memorial stadium & i excuse myself from osogato's absolutely tasty tailgate party to talk to a bunch of the guys

i meet marcus lee for the 1st time & i can tell by his big smile that's he's heard about that crazy azz shocky...that's ok, marcus, i'm not going anywhere

after being congratulated on his shooting performance, rooks told me that while recovering from his recent injury that all he could do was practice his shooting...kam is both gracious & articulate, he is truly a special young man & he seems more determined (when he missed a free throw he was visibly agitated) than at any other point in his cal career, this season is all about him recognizing his potential as the pac 12's best 5 & honoring his dad sean

this is cal basketball (and trust me, it's magical)#
Shocky1
[video=youtube;H9RZIUeVizA][/video]
HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]One of the greatest defensive stands in Cal football history
Tackle James Looney has been practicing his form for years now to make that game winning play[/SIZE]

Shocky1
let's be real here, both james & joe looney got good hair but more importantly they like them curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs

Shocky1
"that's what makes a special team, the chemistry you have with each other...we're best friends"
-james looney, cal student athlete
HoopDreams

Shocky1

Shocky1
multiple sources within the cal basketball program told me today that the offense this season is gonna run thru young ivee (missed the first 2 practices with the flu) & jabari bird, this is a major point of emphasis & it's actually happening right now...there is consensus that there's gonna be better ball movement in 2016/2107

the bears are focusing/working on entry lob passes to the all the bigs & some of charlie moore's practice dimes to marcus lee are basically undefendable by anybody on planet earth

Shocky1;842626709 said:

when ivan "demand the ball" rabb points his fingers & hand at the sky, it means you gotta lob the ******* basketball to him ok?...it's gotta be passed to him all the way up, so you can stay all the way up & if anybody ask you where you live, point to the berkeley hills, tell them to go all the way up, nothing can stop us

this really isn't that ******* complicated, you really don't need a fueled up uber helicopter to stay all the way up

[video=youtube;y2ak_oBeC-I][/video]

what a lob pass looks like to t-wall

what a lob pass looks like to young ivee

in the 2nd half young ivee is flashing towards the basket with his fingers/hand pointing upwards

t-wall got the ball & starts working thru his mental progressions:

1) what does this mean?...does ivan love astronomy 10?
2) is ivan pointing at uranus?
3) wait, does shocky want me to lob the ball to ivan?

so t-wall effortlessly lobs the ball to young ivee for a richter scale 6.9 california earthquake & haas pavilion goes bat****

sign language matters#

there were several times last nite in eugene that young ivee pointed his fingers/hand upwards & his teammates did not deliver the rock...rabb told guys this as they left the court during timeouts but nobody is apparently listening to ivan & the shockster

ivan, i feel your pain, nobody cares about your problems more than me:headbang...i dunno maybe coach martin & the staff could arrange for the squad to visit today with an american sign language (asl) teacher

non verbal cues matter#
concordtom
HoopDreams;842738754 said:

Great photos, HD.
Thanks.
So, where's Ivan?

Is that Coleman between Okoroh and Lee?
And there are two walk-ons I don't recognize and they are not on the MBB Roster page on this site...

Regarding the first photo, perhaps you'll consider voting for Chad Hansen here: http://biletnikoffaward.com/fan-vote
or Davis Webb, the guy who threw that perfect ball, here: http://www.voteobrien.org/
concordtom
HoopDreams;842737716 said:

[SIZE=5]fit's him perfectly[/SIZE]

Ah, I see he opted for the Jabari Bird jersey.
Definitely a great guy to want to emulate!
concordtom
HoopDreams;842737603 said:

And you, young Justin, were just an unknown transfer from Minnesota who had averaged 2.4 ppg.
Imagine that, you Golden Bear, you.

[video=youtube;HbgDp_T2wJE][/video]

...and it wasn't even a good screen by Solomon up top.
concordtom
Memory Lane:

[video=youtube;GPEjxNbKcRc][/video]
Shocky1
brandon, you got the same thing in common with ivan rabb, jaylen brown, coach martin & myself, we're all momma's boys...my mom told me when i was a young one that i could do anything in life that i set my mind too, i believed her

love you always, mom, your sacrifices & lessons to ensure a better life for me will never be forgotten

Shocky1;842732598 said:

coach martin has extended an actionable offer to brandon mccoy a 7' 235 lbs #9 ranked player in the 2017 class from cathedral/morse high schoolsl in san diego...dude's enthusiasm & mental curiosity is larger than life, he got academic ambition

mccoy is already a devestating relentless physical defender, rebounder & shot blocker with developing offensive skills with tremendous fluidity & athleticism to his movement...warming: do not watch this video if you got heart problems (please consult your doc 1st, cal's monster class is not gonna be responsible for your sorry azz medical bills)
[video=youtube;C-fiIh6yySA][/video]

brandon got a 3.3 gpa & is interested in majoring in ocean marine biology which makes no sense if he's considering academically mediocre garbage **** inland schools like arizona & michigan state...dude is not a dumb azz, he realizes (unlike ira lee who stubbornly/naively thinks he's gonna be minted in the nba/make his dreams come true as the next stanley johnson in tuscon with no academic/career back up plan which is odd for a guy that's already had 2 major injuries, attended 3 high schools & that got crooked azz shooting) that his basketball playing days could be done forever in a split second injury & that he will need to be limitless mentally in order to achieve all his dreams in life & take care of moms

mccoy is a renaissance man, he taught himself to play the piano at age 13 after taking guitar lessons...he also won a middle school fair award after extracting dna from a banana...like jaylen brown, ivan rabb & troy brown jr, basketball is not gonna solely define brandon mccoy

brandon grew up on the tough streets of chicago & it was a courageous decision for his moms mildred davis (a single parent), an army master sergeant who is now in the reserves to send her son to live with his guardian shaun manning who also serves as a mentor, coach & male role model...mildred is now living in san diego with her sons, coach martin & the staff connects well with the family & have built respectful trusting relationships

"my mom makes sure that i put school before anything...she doesn't care about basketball...all she cares about is academics...it's for me to accomplish my goals and to go to college and earn a degree and if the nba is in that conversation, then getting to the nba"
-brandon mccoy

brandon visited a while ago with the cal staff in berkeley & then dominated in the prep2prep california all star classic game with 20 points & a redunkulous 17 boards & 3 blocks

mccoy is gonna announce his final 5 finalists & yeah there's gonna be a surprise in there

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (for guys that wanna date & marry curvy brunette yoga females with flat stomachs):gobears:
Shocky1
happy b-day grant, your remarkable ability to play basketball at a high level despite you only got 1 leg is pretty ******* amazing, take your picture congratulations

grant, the biggest question re: your transition from the ivy league to the pac 12 was are you quick enough to guard the allonzo triers?

glad to report that you are quicker than sammy singer (who was an underrated high level pac 12 defender last season) but not as strong physically upon contact as our favorite raiders free safety point guard from south beach

there's no doubt you can shoot the rock, your 43.9% on 3 point moneyballs & 83.1% on free throws for the columbia lions last season is more reliable than the new york subway system

and you're not a dumb azz either, congrats on working as a summer analyst for 5 months for a private equity investment firm, that's the type of opportunities that are given to a future cal/ivy league grad...and your sister melissa played ball at harvard & currently works for a hedge fund in the san francisco bay area...these type of fantastic opportunities don't go to arizona & oregon grads, you would have to be pretty naive/stubborn to think otherwise, only a dumb azz would be stuck in a crowd full of illusions

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world (including freezing azz canada)
Shocky1
what up, ira?

this is gonna be grant mullin's marin county home in 5-10 years from now

this is gonna be you place in 5-10 years from now if you get injured (again,you've already had 2 major surgeries which has caused you to miss half of your hs basketball career) as a wildcat, if your crooked azz shooting doesn't significantly improve (you need to put up 500+ shots a day like jemarl baker & trevin knell) or if the donut boy of tuscon recruits over you with deandre ayton, brandon mccoy, marvin bagley, etc...good luck getting a curvy brunette yoga female like valerie then with a semi worthless arizona degree, nobody respects a dumb azz that isn't mentally limitless with academic ambition

shut the **** up, shocky (real talk)#
OdontoBear66
Shocky:

Could you step back from all the pictorials, and summarize all the recruits possible and impossible for whatever reason and give us and update as of Oct. 2, 2016.....For 2017 and 2018 what looks locked in, probable, possible, and impossible without needing to detail why such as to insult recruits (grades, talent as assessed by our staff, etc.)? Thanks.....This thread creeps on and on and it is hard to keep track.
HoopDreams
HoopDreams

Shocky1
OdontoBear66;842739249 said:

Shocky:

Could you step back from all the pictorials, and summarize all the recruits possible and impossible for whatever reason and give us and update as of Oct. 2, 2016.....For 2017 and 2018 what looks locked in, probable, possible, and impossible without needing to detail why such as to insult recruits (grades, talent as assessed by our staff, etc.)? Thanks.....This thread creeps on and on and it is hard to keep track.

that's not gonna happen

nobody is insulting ira, i'm just having a very honest in home visit with him...on the plus side it's been mentioned multiple times that he got a great 3.9 gpa, that he got fueled up uber hops as good as anybody playing high school basketball in either korea or the united state of america & most importantly that he got good hair (much better than jemarl & juhwan)

life is not linear#
Shocky1
what up, troy?

that road trip to lawrence is quite expensive (and time consuming), how much would it cost your family for plane tixs, rental cars, hotels, etc. to visit you half way across the country on gamedays vs the relatively affordable 1 hour southwest flights from las vegas to oakland on gamedays?

did you notice that lawrence isn't exactly as diverse & cosmopolitan as the san francisco bay area?

coach self took a 2019 point guard commitment yesterday from 5'11" markese jacobs to join current 2017 point guard commit 6'4" marcus garrett a top 50 player in the nation...the jayhawks already got talented point guards in 6'2" sophomore devonte graham (3.7 apg & 11.3 ppg) & 5'11" junior frank mason iii (4.6 & 12.9 ppg) on the roster, are you ok playing the 3 for kansas for a coach who likes small 1s?

let's be real here, troy, the road (the journey to unlocking your mind) to the #1 ranked public (#3 overall) university in the world starts on the pacific coast highway

let's do this

Shocky1;842737665 said:

troy, hope you enjoy your official visit to kansas this weekend & the opportunity to see jada (she got good hair) during her final year of college...a free all expenses paid trip for keeping the family closer is always a beautiful thing

but make no mistake about it, lawrence isn't cali...what are your dreams, troy?

pacific coast highway (the journey starts here)#
UrsaMajor
Shocky:

How are you coping with your (fantasy) girlfriend being robbed of "millions?"
OdontoBear66
Trailer trash in need of insurance money most likely.
NYCGOBEARS
OdontoBear66;842739509 said:

Trailer trash in need of insurance money most likely.

Bingo.
bearmanpg
NYCGOBEARS;842739513 said:

Bingo.

Totally agree....who travels to Europe with $10 million worth of jewelry and then doesn't take steps to secure that jewelry??
OdontoBear66
bearmanpg;842739660 said:

Totally agree....who travels to Europe with $10 million worth of jewelry and then doesn't take steps to secure that jewelry??

And flies out almost immediately. Smellin' a fish.
Shocky1
congrats to my man scott thom being named the head basketball coach at the college of marin...scott was the hard working s&c coach during the mike montgomery era & then the s&c coach at washington state under ernie kent (who's probably gonna be fired after this season)...looking forward to hopefully hosting thom at haas pavilion this season

basketball coaching is a crazy azz biz (kinda like show biz) so it's great to see guys like scott (and hopefully marcus green & mitch elkins in the future), richard midgley & theo robertson have opportunities to pursue their unique dreams

what are my dream in life?...i dunno probably have them dumb azz golden bears make entry lob passes to young ivee, kam & the king this season would be a really good ******* start

http://norcalbasketball.blogspot.com/2016/10/new-coach-at-college-of-marin.html
Shocky1
bearmanpg;842739660 said:

look not trying to make any candy azz soft excuses here but kim k is under a lot of pressure living with kayne, dude dresses like some medieval hobbit or something

when she dumps his sorry broken down delusional azz for me, she'll get her head straight with a daily yoga/meditation practice along with floor seats at cal basketball games

yeah she's probably complain about carrying my golf bag & my insistence that she give my the correct yardage/keep the clubs clean/bending over & reading my putts but she'll get over it, i tip well

she just gotta keep her diamonds up

Shocky1
oregon state's leading scorer & rebounder tres tinkle is close to returning to practice in recovering from a broken right foot

incoming big ben kone from san jose will not redshirt despite tearing his left acl in january

the lack of bigs in corvallis is resulting in decisions placing team goals in front of long term health issues

banged up beavers#
Shocky1
Shocky1;842738721 said:

"that's what makes a special team, the chemistry you have with each other...we're best friends"
-james looney, cal student athlete

HoopDreams
[SIZE=5]Jon Rothstein: Jabari Bird is the X-Factor[/SIZE]

First Page Last Page
Page 38 of 186

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.