OT: Simone Biles Choosing to Not Compete

9,738 Views | 107 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by coachdeke
Rushinbear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Listen to Biles's statement in that post-performance news conference and find a single note of sincerity in it. Hear her say that she needs to attend to her "mindfulness" and conclude that she is authentic. Something's up here and I think it's an attempt to create another victim class (mental health - wait and see - is it a coincidence that this comes right after the Osaka business?). Those were not her words. Guaranteed. Nor her emotions.
Eastern Oregon Bear
Rushinbear said:

Listen to Biles's statement in that post-performance news conference and find a single note of sincerity in it. Hear her say that she needs to attend to her "mindfulness" and conclude that she is authentic. Something's up here and I think it's an attempt to create another victim class (mental health - wait and see - is it a coincidence that this comes right after the Osaka business?). Those were not her words. Guaranteed. Nor her emotions.
So whose words were those? What does Simone Biles gain by "creating another victim class"? She could do far more for herself by going out and winning 4 or 5 gold medals.

I expect the next step will be to say she never really was a gymnast, just a crisis actor promoting an un-American cause.
BearForce2
ADHD medication are banned substances without a waiver since they are stimulants that can help performance. Does anyone know if she was on medication in Tokyo?
The difference between a right wing conspiracy and the truth is about 20 months.
Rushinbear
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Rushinbear said:

So whose words were those? What does Simone Biles gain by "creating another victim class"? She could do far more for herself by going out and winning 4 or 5 gold medals.

I expect the next step will be to say she never really was a gymnast, just a crisis actor promoting an un-American cause.
No, no, no, I'm not saying or implying that. I'm the first to say that she has been wronged, first by that horrendous treatment by that "doctor" (that was unimaginable) and second, by the gym governing body when they disallowed the difficulty of one of her moves because no one else could do it (they declared it to be an unfair advantage).

But, when she came off the mat after that vault, she was taken aside and the announcers declared her injured while the team and her trainers said nothing. Then, her position changed as did the extent of her withdrawal. I've heard her in pressers before and those were not words she's ever used, nor was that her demeanor. She was stilted.

Combine that.with the weird position of that tennis player and you have an iffy situation. Suddenly, someone in athletics mentions mental health as a new concern and the media seem to have prepared stories and explanations to play it up.Something's amiss, but I doubt it's what the reporters say it is.And, it looks like leveling to me.
bearister
It makes one pine for the old days when certain athletes were in complete mental health meltdown but were labeled "eccentric," they self medicated with booze and drugs, committed an occasional felony, had a rap sheet, and then dropped dead years before their time. You know, guys like The Tooze.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
01Bear
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Also for those down on the Olympics for not delivering this year, maybe it's time you stopped being so provincial and expanded your worldview a bit. Instead of letting NBC dictate what portion of the Olympic games you think is important (and therefore watch), which is usually dominated by sports where America is expected to win or at least medal, learn to enjoy other sports.

This past week I've been watching Olympic judo and taekwondo. The US won zero medals in judo and one gold medal in taekwondo. NBC has not covered any of this. But I've seen some really great matches between some of the highest level competitors out there. They've more than met my expectations (though, based on the camera angles used in the broadcast, the director of the taekwondo camera operators has probably never seen a match in his life prior to these games) and I've been thoroughly enjoying these Olympics.

Alternatively, since Cal has a stories rugby program that many of you like to pretend to care about, you could've watched the US men's rugby team achieve its highest ever placement in a global tournament. Heck, there's even a Cal connection, as former Cal Bear Danny Barrett competed for the USA.
If you watched, it's because NBC showed it. If you are making the distinction of being on the NBC Broadcast Network, and/or Prime Time, okay. But for those of watching off of the NBC app, it doesn't matter much.
FYI: USA Network is owned by NBC. There has never been this much live programming....

Umm, no. You are making an entirely unwarranted assumption and drawing an erroneous conclusion. I did not watch it on NBC's broadcasts. I streamed the contests in real time. NBC has not made that possible.

One of my (many) gripes about NBC's Olympics coverage is that it's still broadcasting the Olympics as if we're stuck in the 20th century where streaming is not an option. Yet, how many of you have watched a Cal game streamed live? Nevertheless, NBC chose not to make this an option. However, other broadcasters from around the world chose to do so. (I was fortunate enough to be able to view some of these streams.)
Unit2Sucks
Chapman_is_Gone said:

My post is clearly labeled OT. And, obviously by the number of posts generated, my fellow Cyberbears valued the topic I chose to post.

I'm not sure your point, then, other than to make yourself look like an ass. Unit 2 was great, BTW. Ehrman Hall 4Eva! Maybe you're just a bitter individual?
Figures you would be an Ehrman dweller.

There are plenty of worthwhile OT threads in Growls, but that has never prevented you from crapping all over them when they don't meet your unwavering and exacting criteria. I take no quarrel with this thread and think it's been a good discussion and hope that perhaps you will develop some appreciation for others who enjoy discussing interesting topics on a message board. At the very least, perhaps you will shut your mouth if there are OT threads that don't interest you.
wifeisafurd
socaliganbear said:

wifeisafurd said:

Be happy to know it is now all Suni Lee with an occasional shot of the photogenic Jade Carey, who is the favorite in the floor exercise, thank you NBS. Simone who?

Gold.
NBC execs must be doing high fives as we post. At some point, we will tire of her dad's wheel chair.
sycasey
01Bear said:

Also for those down on the Olympics for not delivering this year, maybe it's time you stopped being so provincial and expanded your worldview a bit. Instead of letting NBC dictate what portion of the Olympic games you think is important (and therefore watch), which is usually dominated by sports where America is expected to win or at least medal, learn to enjoy other sports.

This past week I've been watching Olympic judo and taekwondo. The US won zero medals in judo and one gold medal in taekwondo. NBC has not covered any of this. But I've seen some really great matches between some of the highest level competitors out there. They've more than met my expectations (though, based on the camera angles used in the broadcast, the director of the taekwondo camera operators has probably never seen a match in his life prior to these games) and I've been thoroughly enjoying these Olympics.

Alternatively, since Cal has a stories rugby program that many of you like to pretend to care about, you could've watched the US men's rugby team achieve its highest ever placement in a global tournament. Heck, there's even a Cal connection, as former Cal Bear Danny Barrett competed for the USA.
I've enjoyed watching some of the fencing matches, especially the ones by the American woman who unexpectedly won gold in foil, Lee Kiefer. She hops around like a little rabbit during the bouts, using quickness to overcome her lack of height/length. Very entertaining!
BearDown2o15
Yeah. I meant to put not comparable. Just didn't notice it until today. Apologies for the mixup
01Bear
sycasey said:

01Bear said:

I've enjoyed watching some of the fencing matches, especially the ones by the American woman who unexpectedly won gold in foil, Lee Kiefer. She hops around like a little rabbit during the bouts, using quickness to overcome her lack of height/length. Very entertaining!

I watched a little fencing, but I've focused most of my Olympics viewing on judo. There's just something special about Olympic judo being held at the Budokan, IMHO.
GMP
Goobear said:

About comparing Mike to Biles? I don't think either quit on the team but I do see one promoted herself over the top while the other one stayed humble.

This is a bad take.
GMP
Chapman_is_Gone said:

My post is clearly labeled OT. And, obviously by the number of posts generated, my fellow Cyberbears valued the topic I chose to post.

I'm not sure your point, then, other than to make yourself look like an ass. Unit 2 was great, BTW. Ehrman Hall 4Eva! Maybe you're just a bitter individual?

As much as I have admired your commitment to the Chanticleers bit, you played yourself here.
Rushinbear
sycasey said:

01Bear said:

I was so pissed. The men's epee final was a good match-up - tall, experienced guy against a short, quick newcomer. It went one way and then the other until the newcome pulled ahead. He won the last 3 points on clever and controversial moves. They didn't replay any of them, not even the winning touch. I was furious. I kept watching to see if they would replay them after the blah, blah, but no. They never did.

And, the color commentator? Knew absolutely nothing about fencing. Zip, zero, nada. "Oh, he got a quick point in there!" "How did he miss?" So much for watching the fencing.
bearister
"And, the color commentator? Knew absolutely nothing about fencing. Zip, zero, nada. "Oh, he got a quick point in there!" "How did he miss?" So much for watching the fencing."

Don't tell me you missed the guy from France getting killed right before the commercial break.

NBC Sports All Rights Reserved
Rushinbear
bearister said:

"And, the color commentator? Knew absolutely nothing about fencing. Zip, zero, nada. "Oh, he got a quick point in there!" "How did he miss?" So much for watching the fencing."

Don't tell me you missed the guy from France getting killed right before the commercial break.

NBC Sports All Rights Reserved
Missed it. The video you posted didn't show the touch.
mbBear
01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

If you watched, it's because NBC showed it. If you are making the distinction of being on the NBC Broadcast Network, and/or Prime Time, okay. But for those of watching off of the NBC app, it doesn't matter much.
FYI: USA Network is owned by NBC. There has never been this much live programming....

Umm, no. You are making an entirely unwarranted assumption and drawing an erroneous conclusion. I did not watch it on NBC's broadcasts. I streamed the contests in real time. NBC has not made that possible.

One of my (many) gripes about NBC's Olympics coverage is that it's still broadcasting the Olympics as if we're stuck in the 20th century where streaming is not an option. Yet, how many of you have watched a Cal game streamed live? Nevertheless, NBC chose not to make this an option. However, other broadcasters from around the world chose to do so. (I was fortunate enough to be able to view some of these streams.)
Then you are out of the country, and you are right, that's a wrong assumption.
Just fyi: unless you are on a bootleg outlet in the US (which I have not head about) then the video is controlled by NBC. I have watched only streamed content so far, as I am watching everything off of my Roku at a 2nd home.
NBC is the complete rightsholder in the US. The production on many events come from what is called the "international feed," meaning a set of cameras shooting an event and providing that feed to various global outlets, and then NBC can cut to their own cameras where they have set up in addition to the feed.
The biggest difference in this Olympics for NBC is how much production they are doing out of Stamford, Ct. (where I am proud to say my daughter is working 12 hour days) vs. how much on site. You have a few on-air folks in Tokyo, but an awful lot of the "voicing" is being done live out of a booth in Ct.
I hate the time difference, but, for those of us who can still remember Olympics from many years ago, I am still a bit in awe that you can see as much as you can live. Yes, the improvements of technology are amazing, but the fact that NBC can make the dollars work when the games are on the various NBC TV outlets as well as us folks watching the streaming, is also a sign of the times.
BearFanforLife
While I know my view will not be popular, I am tired of hearing about the "bravery" and "courage" of Simone Biles. Admittedly, mental illness is a serious issue, but we are talking about a person who denied other athletes a once in a lifetime opportunity. I do not know why she folded under pressure, but "real courage" would have meant stepping aside when there was still a chance for an athlete with the mental toughness to compete to take her place. Her 12th hour meltdown cost her country and untold number of athletes a once in a lifetime opportunity. I do not want to hear about your mental health issues. These are your private issue ... and yours alone. Keep it to yourself and step aside next time so someone who is ready to put in the time and effort can have an opportunity. The decision to pull out at the last moment was selfish and self-centered. Next time, you need to decide you do not have the mental toughness to compete long before you have traveled around the world and denied an athlete that is ready to represent the USA the chance to take your place.
bearister
Rushinbear said:

Missed it. The video you posted didn't show the touch.

Couldn't find the gif but found the video on NBC Olympic website: [click on "Watch on YouTube"]

wifeisafurd
BearFanforLife said:

While I know my view will not be popular, I am tired of hearing about the "bravery" and "courage" of Simone Biles. Admittedly, mental illness is a serious issue, but we are talking about a person who denied other athletes a once in a lifetime opportunity. I do not know why she folded under pressure, but "real courage" would have meant stepping aside when there was still a chance for an athlete with the mental toughness to compete to take her place. Her 12th hour meltdown cost her country and untold number of athletes a once in a lifetime opportunity. I do not want to hear about your mental health issues. These are your private issue ... and yours alone. Keep it to yourself and step aside next time so someone who is ready to put in the time and effort can have an opportunity. The decision to pull out at the last moment was selfish and self-centered. Next time, you need to decide you do not have the mental toughness to compete long before you have traveled around the world and denied an athlete that is ready to represent the USA the chance to take your place.
There is a problem in calling this a mental issue because the yips or whatever you want to call it when the muscle repetition falls apart, happens to even the greatest of athletes and really has nothing to do with mental toughness. And it is physical. No one can say for example that Ben Hogan who wasn't supposed to even walk again after a bad traffic accident, and then won US Opens, wasn't tough, but he got the yips. As soon as you label something a mental issue, here is both a bias and stigma about being a weak person. And with the internet it leads to snarky.

CAIiEOSB0HLLjqKVshlwTDpvjD0qGQgEKhAIACoHCAowwL2ICzCckocDMOOUqQY

I don't think this is on the athlete. Biles apparently was keeping the coaches apprised and they simply didn't know what to do other than to try to get her to work it out before the team rounds. She couldn't, and no one had the balls to say your benched because of who the athlete was and the dysfunction in the gymnastics coaching staff. which is based on personal coaches. I can guaranty you she is benched if its an independent coach like Staley, Durden, Krikorian, Karch, and I could go on.
[url=https://news.google.com/articles/CAIiEOSB0HLLjqKVshlwTDpvjD0qGQgEKhAIACoHCAowwL2ICzCckocDMOOUqQY?hl=en-US&gl=US&ceid=US%3Aen][/url]

bearister
She should not be allowed to break her neck. Her Instagram post showing all the failed landings is a cry for help and will be Exhibit A in a lawsuit against the US Olympic Committee is she sustains serious injury.

Simone Biles shares video, answers question on twisties at Olympics

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/30/simone-biles-instagram-shares-video-answers-question-twisties/5426358001/
sycasey
All I can say is that anyone who watched Biles' first vault knew that something was up. She looked like she was injured and trying to compensate. If it turned out be a mental thing affecting the physical, then okay, but it wasn't shocking that she had to exit the competition.
Goobear
As the fog of war lifts around Biles, it looks to me she is a great team mate and did what she had to do to save herself from bad injuries.

I still hate the overhyping of athletes who because of that get majorly criticized if something happens and they do not meet the expectations.
mbBear
Goobear said:

As the fog of war lifts around Biles, it looks to me she is a great team mate and did what she had to do to save herself from bad injuries.

I still hate the overhyping of athletes who because of that get majorly criticized if something happens and they do not meet the expectations.
well said...the idea that it was her fault that she had her issues during the Olympics vs. "before" is beyond ridiculous to me. Because no one ever has a bad game in the World Series, the Super Bowl or the NBA Finals....
Rushinbear
bearister said:

She should not be allowed to break her neck. Her Instagram post showing all the failed landings is a cry for help and will be Exhibit A in a lawsuit against the US Olympic Committee is she sustains serious injury.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/olympics/2021/07/30/simone-biles-instagram-shares-video-answers-question-twisties/5426358001/
It's not a "cry for help." That's gratuitous, but it appears that the "twisties" are equivalent to the "yips", as cited before. Nothing you can do unless/til it resolves. My problem has been that it went through several iterations before the twisties were mentioned, notwithstanding that she and her coaches knew about it well before the final straw vault. Maybe they were working with her to see if repetitions might work it out or prove it to be something else. But, she should have just admitted it in that presser and not get all tied up in that mental health argument.

If she had ignored the evidence, could she have hurt herself? I think so - could have. Could she have hit the vault after all? We'll never know - not worth arguing further.
bearister
01Bear
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Just fyi: unless you are on a bootleg outlet in the US (which I have not head about) then the video is controlled by NBC. I have watched only streamed content so far, as I am watching everything off of my Roku at a 2nd home.
NBC is the complete rightsholder in the US. The production on many events come from what is called the "international feed," meaning a set of cameras shooting an event and providing that feed to various global outlets, and then NBC can cut to their own cameras where they have set up in addition to the feed.
The biggest difference in this Olympics for NBC is how much production they are doing out of Stamford, Ct. (where I am proud to say my daughter is working 12 hour days) vs. how much on site. You have a few on-air folks in Tokyo, but an awful lot of the "voicing" is being done live out of a booth in Ct.
I hate the time difference, but, for those of us who can still remember Olympics from many years ago, I am still a bit in awe that you can see as much as you can live. Yes, the improvements of technology are amazing, but the fact that NBC can make the dollars work when the games are on the various NBC TV outlets as well as us folks watching the streaming, is also a sign of the times.

Nope, you're making another unwarranted assumption. I'm in the US. I just happen to be able to watch feeds from other countries thanks to streaming.

Also, I'm well aware of both the international feed and the fact that the commentators are back in a studio--not on site in Tokyo. I've seen enough of these feeds to know that NBC has edited the crap out of some of the videos. Take the Daria Bilodid match NBC aired, for instance. Not only did they cut to just highlights, but they also cropped the frame. I happened to have watched that match live and recognized the differences immediately.

I'm not begrudging NBC for trying to make a buck off the Olympic games. I'm upset with NBC for limiting actual coverage of the games and acting as a gatekeeper to what the mainstream US audience can watch. NBC could easily have followed the same oath as many of its international counterparts by just streaming the international feeds on any number of channels, even within the Peacock app. Instead, it chose to maintain its gatekeeper mentality and limit the footage of events it doesn't want American audiences to watch. For those who only see the Olympics in terms of American exceptionalism, this also means American audiences missed out on the gold medal winning performances by talented American athlete Anastasija Zolotic (who just outclassed everyone she faced) in taekwondo.

Frankly, NBC's leadership is stuck in the 90s while the rest of the world has moved on. It's trying to figure out how to monetize the Peacock app by using the cable model from the 90s where subscription fees were profit makers. Also, it thinks modern audiences need commentators to provide background color and storylines to interest fans. Yet, most modern sports fans don't need any of this. What we need is access to the events we want to watch. If NBC won't provide it, we'll find other ways to get access to view those events. NBC will lose out on the revenue it could've generated from ad sales, etc. if it had just made those events available.
01Bear
BearFanforLife said:

Did you even bother to read what any of the many actual elite gymnasts have written about the twisties before you posted your ignorant remarks? It's not like Simone Biles just wilted under pressure. She is struggling with spatial awareness while in the air. Given her sport, that means she could very well land on her neck and severely injure (if not kill) herself. Like I mentioned in my previous post, for an analogy, imagine going blind while driving on the freeway.

It's also not like she took away anyone else's spot and then refused to perform. Not only did Simone Biles win her spot in the US Trials, she dominated and defeated everyone else. She didn't just squeak by and get a spot on the end of the bench, she beat and outperformed every other gymnast in the trials and at Nationals. She didn't take anyone's seat; no one could unseat her as the best US women's gymnast, period.

Frankly, your take is just utterly ignorant at best. There are many more comments I could make about it, but let's leave it there as I wish to give you the benefit of the doubt.
okaydo
BearFanforLife said:

Wow, had no idea somebody so ignorant -- and parroting of dumb and ignorant culture war talking points -- would even call himself (herself?) a "BearFan."

Maybe you should learn to think for yourself and take a few minutes to read up on what actually happened rather than espousing other peoples' dumba** views.

I doubt you actually went to Cal.

A person who put in so much work and earned so many Gold Medals for the good old US of A, who overcame being sexually molested and betrayed by the very organization she sacrificed for, is being viewed as the lowest form of scum because people of your ilk choose to be ignorant about what really happened.
GivemTheAxe
Rushinbear said:

bearister said:

It's not a "cry for help." That's gratuitous, but it appears that the "twisties" are equivalent to the "yips", as cited before. Nothing you can do unless/til it resolves. My problem has been that it went through several iterations before the twisties were mentioned, notwithstanding that she and her coaches knew about it well before the final straw vault. Maybe they were working with her to see if repetitions might work it out or prove it to be something else. But, she should have just admitted it in that presser and not get all tied up in that mental health argument.

If she had ignored the evidence, could she have hurt herself? I think so - could have. Could she have hit the vault after all? We'll never know - not worth arguing further.

One report I read on the internet states that Biles mentioned to someone that she was having problems with the twisties earlier during the Olympics. (Sorry but I cannot remember the reported details. Those details we're not important to me when I read the report.)
But Biles thought that she would eventually get control of her twisties.
berk18.2
01Bear said:

Did you even bother to read what any of the many actual elite gymnasts have written about the twisties before you posted your ignorant remarks? It's not like Simone Biles just wilted under pressure. She is struggling with spatial awareness while in the air. Given her sport, that means she could very well land on her neck and severely injure (if not kill) herself. Like I mentioned in my previous post, for an analogy, imagine going blind while driving on the freeway.
As another comparable situation, there's a video of Alex Honnold free-soloing Half Dome. A big chunk of the way up he gets the twisties equivalent and has to stand on a ledge for a while to re-collect. If free-soloing were a primetime competitive activity (i.e. if he had a competitor climbing next to him), that'd be a choke that people would make fun of. Telling him to suck it up and keep going would obviously be ridiculous, and the vault is a lot closer to that then throwing a few INT's into a DB's chest or missing a couple of FG's. Even in his absurdly dangerous position Honnold has a luxury that Biles doesn't have mid-air. As the cameraman tells him, "If you're not feeling it, just come back" (he in fact did this on one of his El Cap attempts, and BTW, he's still the GOAT). Or rather, there is a gymnastics equivalent, but it's to intentionally bail, not complete the move, and tank your team's score.

It'd also be ridiculous to ask Honnold why he didn't quit before starting the climb. He thought he was ready before he started. It makes sense that the problem would pop up when he's, you know, thousands of feet in the air in a do-or-die situation without a rope. Similarly, Biles is trying stuff that is impossible for anyone but her. She has previously had body control that others don't and that's let her do these things, but she's operating right at the margins of possibility, and at that point it doesn't take a lot to throw you off. Tom Brady isn't comparable, because Brady doesn't do anything physically that his peers can't do; the physical side is achievable by many (and many can do it better than him). The mental side and the consistency are the things that set him apart, and it's a lot easier to do that when the task itself isn't borderline impossible. In reality, like Honnold on that particular climb, Biles was probably attempting things that she wasn't fully ready to do in primetime (as evidenced by the practice videos). That's probably not an experience that she's used to, given her ability, and I would imagine that it's hard to draw a line between a nearly impossible thing that you're definitely ready to pull off and a nearly impossible thing that you're not quite ready to pull off (both probably involve a healthy mix of both landings and slams in practice).
mbBear
01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

Nope, you're making another unwarranted assumption. I'm in the US. I just happen to be able to watch feeds from other countries thanks to streaming.

Also, I'm well aware of both the international feed and the fact that the commentators are back in a studio--not on site in Tokyo. I've seen enough of these feeds to know that NBC has edited the crap out of some of the videos. Take the Daria Bilodid match NBC aired, for instance. Not only did they cut to just highlights, but they also cropped the frame. I happened to have watched that match live and recognized the differences immediately.

I'm not begrudging NBC for trying to make a buck off the Olympic games. I'm upset with NBC for limiting actual coverage of the games and acting as a gatekeeper to what the mainstream US audience can watch. NBC could easily have followed the same oath as many of its international counterparts by just streaming the international feeds on any number of channels, even within the Peacock app. Instead, it chose to maintain its gatekeeper mentality and limit the footage of events it doesn't want American audiences to watch. For those who only see the Olympics in terms of American exceptionalism, this also means American audiences missed out on the gold medal winning performances by talented American athlete Anastasija Zolotic (who just outclassed everyone she faced) in taekwondo.

Frankly, NBC's leadership is stuck in the 90s while the rest of the world has moved on. It's trying to figure out how to monetize the Peacock app by using the cable model from the 90s where subscription fees were profit makers. Also, it thinks modern audiences need commentators to provide background color and storylines to interest fans. Yet, most modern sports fans don't need any of this. What we need is access to the events we want to watch. If NBC won't provide it, we'll find other ways to get access to view those events. NBC will lose out on the revenue it could've generated from ad sales, etc. if it had just made those events available.

If you have access to any video access that NBC isn't controlling, then you are way above my pay grade, and congrats to you. If someone other than NBC is providing video in the US and able to monetize it, congrats to them, and all the best to their attorneys.
I am amazed at the amount that NBC shows compared to what we had growing up. If you have criticism, I am not here to defend Comcast in what they do. My monthly bill to them is enough. We will see what technology and the time zone difference brings for Paris. Happy watching.
going4roses
That is not the point at all you are unable to process this situation apparently by your far off incorrect take
bluehenbear
Simone Biles hit her limit at the Olympics. I hit mine in Korea. 2
by Rod Benson
01Bear
mbBear said:

01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

mbBear said:

01Bear said:

If you have access to any video access that NBC isn't controlling, then you are way above my pay grade, and congrats to you. If someone other than NBC is providing video in the US and able to monetize it, congrats to them, and all the best to their attorneys.
I am amazed at the amount that NBC shows compared to what we had growing up. If you have criticism, I am not here to defend Comcast in what they do. My monthly bill to them is enough. We will see what technology and the time zone difference brings for Paris. Happy watching.

I was fortunate enough to find workarounds to NBC's control over the Olympic feeds. To be honest, anyone can access these workarounds if they know about them. The main issue is few know about them. The only people who seem aware of them (to my knowledge) all happen to be Asian/Asian-American. It's not like this is something Asians/Asian-Americans all know and talk about secretly behind everyone else's back, it's just that no one else seems interested in these workarounds.

Even aside from the workarounds I'm using, I'm fairly sure there are even other workarounds. It's just a matter of doing the research and finding something that can work.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.