Story Poster
Photo by SI.com
Cal Football

Bears Add Purdue Transfer QB Plummer

December 16, 2021

With the departure of four year starting QB Chase Garbers, picking up an experienced QB to add to the quarterbacks room was a top priority for the Bears this offseason. Four days after his weekend visit, the Bears did just that, adding 6-5/215 Purdue Junior QB Jack Plummer to the program.

As a prep, Plummer entered Purdue as a 4 star ESPN (3 stars with 247 and Rivals) QB from Gilbert, Arizona holding offers from Iowa, South Carolina, Arizona and Oregon State among his 13 offers before committing to Purdue.

Plummer started the year as the starting QB for the Boilermakers, completing 87-of-127 passes (68.5%) with seven touchdowns and no interceptions, going 3-1 with the lone loss to Notre Dame. But looking for a spark, head coach Jeff Brohm inserted senior QB Aidan O’Connell, who was even more impressive, completing 73% of his passes for 3,174 yards and 23 TDs with 8 interceptions on the season. With another year of eligibility due to last season’s covid exceptions, O’Connell looks likely to start again so Plummer decided to check out the transfer portal to see if there was a beter situation for him.

Enter Cal, where Plummer will presumbly battle highly-touted redshirt frosh QB Kai Millner along with soph Zach Johnson and veteran walk-on QB Robby Rowell for the starting nod.

Plummer’s career stats include 319-of-492 passses completed (64.8%) for 3.405 yards and 26 touchdowns with 10 interceptions. Plummer will have two years of remaining eligibility for the Bears. He will enroll for spring semester and participate in spring ball in March.

Discussion from...

Bears Add Purdue Transfer QB Plummer

56,465 Views | 162 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by MoragaBear
Handsupon3rd
How long do you want to ignore this user?
I'm encouraged to see some positivity from everyone on this thread. I'm no expert at breaking down tape, but I see some positives and have a lot of concerns that only time will tell.

Positives:
  • Tall, pocket passing QB. I'll echo those who said that Musgrave finally gets a style of player that he likes to scheme
  • Seems smart and experienced. He can read a D. For a pure pocket passer, he doesn't get sacked a lot and finds those extra options that a guy like Chase would normally miss and start running instead.
  • Good arm strength. Looks like he can throw a deeper ball.

Concerns:
  • Can we protect him? Purdue had a beefy o-line. Chase's physical tools were a good match for the protection and the downfield options. He ran well because he needed to run well.
  • His release looks a little slow. Takes a while to get the ball out once he starts his motion. Saw a lot of plays in that highlight reel where defenders closed in quickly because the ball wasn't out yet. If he can speed up the release and put a little more zip on the ball, he'll probably be fine.
  • Will we have the speedy receivers he'll need to throw those deep wheel routes to?

I'll trust that the coaches know what they're doing and remain curious. Given that he left Purdue because he dropped in the depth chart, I have to believe that he wouldn't be coming here unless he had a really strong inkling that he'll be a heavy favorite for the job next year but maybe there's more to the picture than I'm seeing.
Big C
southseasbear said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calbear80 said:

BearForce2 said:

Tallest QB at Cal along with Davis Webb?

Rich Campbell (Cal QB from the San Jose area, late 70's) was also 6'-5" (or was he "only" 6'-4"?). I must be old because more than half of the BI posters don't know who Rich Campbell was (and BI poster are not that young).

Go Bears!

I played catch once with Rich Campbell at Kleeberger field. One of the most talented quarterbacks ever at Cal, very accurate and the tightest spiral. Wasn't great with the deep ball, but I think that's because he had too many slow receivers and was afraid of over throwing them.

Floyd Eddings was super fast highly recruited WR out of Georgia and played in the NFL and often open deep and frustrated that Campbell would just dump the ball off. Holden Smith was drafted too.

In 1980 Eddings played in all 11 games but had only 6 receptions for 147 yards (24.5 yards per catch). Holden Smith played in all 11 games but only had 8 catches.

Here were the targets in order, receptions YPC;
WR Matt Bouza 44 catches 14.8 YPC
RB John Tuggle 36 catches 9.2 YPC
RB Dave Palmer 30 catches 6.0 YPC
RB Terry Wiley 33 catches 7.7 YPC
TE David Lewis 32 catches 12.2 YPC
TE Don Sprauge 22 catches 11.9 YPC
RB Edgardo Mixco 16 catches 6.8 YPC
WR Michael Buggs 9 catches 15.1 YPC
WR Holden Smith 8 catches 23.9 YPC
WR Floyd Eddings 6 catches 24.5 YPC
WR Tyrone Porter 6 catches 21.7 YPC

Campbell completed 70%, and had a super strong arm, but other than possession receiver Bouza, he threw the vast majority to RBs or TEs. His average completion was 7.4 yards, and a lot of that was RB/TE yards after the catch.

In Cal All-Time History YPC Players with 40 or more
1. Wesley Walker 25.7
2. Holden Smith 22.6
3. Lashaun Ward 20.7
4. Floyd Eddings 20.4
5. Chase Lyman 20.2
6. Sean Dawkins 16.9
7. Trever Davis 16.7
8. Veteran Tucker 16.3
9. Trevon Clark 16.1
10. Geoff McArthur 15.8
11. Steve Sweeney 15.5
12. Mike Ford 15.3
13. Michael Buggs 15.3
14. Bobby Shaw 15.2
15. Richard Rodgers 15.2
16. Steve Rivera 15.1
17. Desean Jackson 15.0
18. Jack Hart 15.0
19. Nyan Boateng 15.0
20. Michael Smith 14.9

So Campbell had 2 of the top 5 deep threat receivers in Cal history, he just mostly threw short to Bouza, the RBs and TEs.

Great memory and research! Floyd Eddings was definitely fast. I don't remember Holden Smith seeing the field much though I always heard he was super talented.

I hated Campbell dumping off to Palmer who was slower than Molasses. Always thought if he was just going to dump it off they needed to get it to someone who was a threat.

That was my freshman year and first year as a Cal fan, and remember it well. You could see Eddings' frustration on the field when he would be open deep but rarely got thrown too. A good friend of mine who I attended the games with was dating Rich Dixon and hung out with the team, she said Floyd complained about it all the time.
Coach Roger Theder utilized a ball control short passing game because we didn't have the ability to dominate the game on the ground and our defense was not strong. It was his most successful season at Cal which led to our first bowl game since Joe Kapp in 1959.

I was at the Garden State Bowl. One problem might have been that the Temple Owls were a little more used to the cold weather... it was COLD at that game!

Back to Rich Campbell, I saw him complete an absolute BOMB at Arizona in either '78 or '79. Can't remember who caught it, presumably Eddings. Ball (on a high arc) must have traveled 50-60 yards in the air and the receiver caught it in perfect stride.

Just realized I should start going to some away games again!
calumnus
southseasbear said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calbear80 said:

BearForce2 said:

Rich Campbell (Cal QB from the San Jose area, late 70's) was also 6'-5" (or was he "only" 6'-4"?). I must be old because more than half of the BI posters don't know who Rich Campbell was (and BI poster are not that young).

Go Bears!

I played catch once with Rich Campbell at Kleeberger field. One of the most talented quarterbacks ever at Cal, very accurate and the tightest spiral. Wasn't great with the deep ball, but I think that's because he had too many slow receivers and was afraid of over throwing them.

Floyd Eddings was super fast highly recruited WR out of Georgia and played in the NFL and often open deep and frustrated that Campbell would just dump the ball off. Holden Smith was drafted too.

In 1980 Eddings played in all 11 games but had only 6 receptions for 147 yards (24.5 yards per catch). Holden Smith played in all 11 games but only had 8 catches.

Campbell completed 70%, and had a super strong arm, but other than possession receiver Bouza, he threw the vast majority to RBs or TEs. His average completion was 7.4 yards, and a lot of that was RB/TE yards after the catch.

1. Wesley Walker 25.7
2. Holden Smith 22.6
3. Lashaun Ward 20.7
4. Floyd Eddings 20.4
5. Chase Lyman 20.2
6. Sean Dawkins 16.9
7. Trever Davis 16.7
8. Veteran Tucker 16.3
9. Trevon Clark 16.1
10. Geoff McArthur 15.8
11. Steve Sweeney 15.5
12. Mike Ford 15.3
13. Michael Buggs 15.3
14. Bobby Shaw 15.2
15. Richard Rodgers 15.2
16. Steve Rivera 15.1
17. Desean Jackson 15.0
18. Jack Hart 15.0
19. Nyan Boateng 15.0
20. Michael Smith 14.9

So Campbell had 2 of the top 5 deep threat receivers in Cal history, he just mostly threw short to Bouza, the RBs and TEs.

Great memory and research! Floyd Eddings was definitely fast. I don't remember Holden Smith seeing the field much though I always heard he was super talented.

I hated Campbell dumping off to Palmer who was slower than Molasses. Always thought if he was just going to dump it off they needed to get it to someone who was a threat.

That was my freshman year and first year as a Cal fan, and remember it well. You could see Eddings' frustration on the field when he would be open deep but rarely got thrown too. A good friend of mine who I attended the games with was dating Rich Dixon and hung out with the team, she said Floyd complained about it all the time.
Coach Roger Theder utilized a ball control short passing game because we didn't have the ability to dominate the game on the ground and our defense was not strong. It was his most successful season at Cal which led to our first bowl game since Joe Kapp in 1959.

Agreed. The lack of deep throws to the WRs was mostly a function of the offense (a bit like Walsh was installing with the 49ers) which was ball control passing (West Coast) and Campbell's conservatism in it (maybe as coached by Theder). My point is it was NOT due to a lack of speed at WR.
JimSox
Ok. So what gives? Why haven't Plummer or Cal officially confirmed this? Haggling over how much we'll pay him???
Seriously, what's the delay? Makes me nervous.
71Bear
Handsupon3rd said:

I'm encouraged to see some positivity from everyone on this thread. I'm no expert at breaking down tape, but I see some positives and have a lot of concerns that only time will tell.

Positives:
  • Tall, pocket passing QB. I'll echo those who said that Musgrave finally gets a style of player that he likes to scheme
  • Seems smart and experienced. He can read a D. For a pure pocket passer, he doesn't get sacked a lot and finds those extra options that a guy like Chase would normally miss and start running instead.
  • Good arm strength. Looks like he can throw a deeper ball.

Concerns:
  • Can we protect him? Purdue had a beefy o-line. Chase's physical tools were a good match for the protection and the downfield options. He ran well because he needed to run well.
  • His release looks a little slow. Takes a while to get the ball out once he starts his motion. Saw a lot of plays in that highlight reel where defenders closed in quickly because the ball wasn't out yet. If he can speed up the release and put a little more zip on the ball, he'll probably be fine.
  • Will we have the speedy receivers he'll need to throw those deep wheel routes to?

I'll trust that the coaches know what they're doing and remain curious. Given that he left Purdue because he dropped in the depth chart, I have to believe that he wouldn't be coming here unless he had a really strong inkling that he'll be a heavy favorite for the job next year but maybe there's more to the picture than I'm seeing.
"heavy favorite". Definitely not. There are no favorites for the QB job next season. Not should there be. There should be an open competition beginning in the spring through fall camp with the best player moving into the #1 role. Quite frankly, Plummer will be starting a bit behind the curve because he will be new to the system. Johnson and Millner have experience. If he can pick things up quickly, he has a chance to see the field.

Obviously, he is betting on himself. Good for him. I like his confidence.
DiabloWags
Big C said:

southseasbear said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calbear80 said:

BearForce2 said:

Go Bears!

1. Wesley Walker 25.7
2. Holden Smith 22.6
3. Lashaun Ward 20.7
4. Floyd Eddings 20.4
5. Chase Lyman 20.2
6. Sean Dawkins 16.9
7. Trever Davis 16.7
8. Veteran Tucker 16.3
9. Trevon Clark 16.1
10. Geoff McArthur 15.8
11. Steve Sweeney 15.5
12. Mike Ford 15.3
13. Michael Buggs 15.3
14. Bobby Shaw 15.2
15. Richard Rodgers 15.2
16. Steve Rivera 15.1
17. Desean Jackson 15.0
18. Jack Hart 15.0
19. Nyan Boateng 15.0
20. Michael Smith 14.9

Back to Rich Campbell, I saw him complete an absolute BOMB at Arizona in either '78 or '79. Can't remember who caught it, presumably Eddings. Ball (on a high arc) must have traveled 50-60 yards in the air and the receiver caught it in perfect stride.

Go Bears!
GivemTheAxe
calbear80 said:

BearForce2 said:

Go Bears!

I liked Campbell as Cal QB. Would be happy if Plummer plays as well as Campbell.
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
So, Notre Dame may well face Jack Plummer 2 years in a row. This season, his accuracy vs the F'ng Irish was strong (25/36 69.4%) but his low yds/att of 5.2 and, more notably, his difficulty in scoring (1 TD drive in 11 poss.) got him benched. In the next game vs Illinois (losing record in '21), Plummer was benched for good in the middle of the 3rd quarter after failing to lead to any TD drives and averaging 4.5 yds/att.

For a passer whose arm strength is being touted, his yds/att can be low at times. His almost complete disappearing act (punt-punt-field.goal-punt-punt-punt) when facing good defenses has me concerned he could turn out to be bro.mansion v.1.5 but with better accuracy. Versus lower third conf. foes, he can get the blowout Ws with some flash & pizzazz, but might be very frustrating sometimes to watch otherwise. If Millner is really The Future, my preference is to throw him into the bonfire, have him make all the rookie mistakes, so he can be The Man in '23 or last 4-5 games of '22.
KoreAmBear
Nasal Mucus Goldenbear said:

So, Notre Dame may well face Jack Plummer 2 years in a row. This season, his accuracy vs the F'ng Irish was strong (25/36 69.4%) but his low yds/att of 5.2 and, more notably, his difficulty in scoring (1 TD drive in 11 poss.) got him benched. In the next game vs Illinois (losing record in '21), Plummer was benched for good in the middle of the 3rd quarter after failing to lead to any TD drives and averaging 4.5 yds/att.

For a passer whose arm strength is being touted, his yds/att can be low at times. His almost complete disappearing act (punt-punt-field.goal-punt-punt-punt) when facing good defenses has me concerned he could turn out to be bro.mansion v.1.5 but with better accuracy. Versus lower third conf. foes, he can get the blowout Ws with some flash & pizzazz, but might be very frustrating sometimes to watch otherwise. If Millner is really The Future, my preference is to throw him into the bonfire, have him make all the rookie mistakes, so he can be The Man in '23 or last 4-5 games of '22.
The Purdue offense seemed to be like TFS' which was largely attacking the perimeter with quick safe passes and the hope of playmakers busting one. They would occasionally throw the deep ball. Whereas Musgrave's offense is based on some outs but many passes downfield (which were overall mostly unsuccessful). Perhaps Plummer's arm talent is more suited for Musgrave's offense.
79 Bear
burritos said:

We swept Minnesota:

I remember that hit and came away amazed that Decker would continue to play in that game. He became a pretty decent NFL WR for about 6 years or so. I even had him on my fantasy teams for a while and he did good by me. I don't know why he retired. It seemed he was just getting started--even began appearing in some tv and print ads.
72CalBear
Did we trade them so they got Chris Brooks??
kelly09
Big C said:

southseasbear said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calumnus said:

NVBear78 said:

calbear80 said:

BearForce2 said:

Go Bears!

1. Wesley Walker 25.7
2. Holden Smith 22.6
3. Lashaun Ward 20.7
4. Floyd Eddings 20.4
5. Chase Lyman 20.2
6. Sean Dawkins 16.9
7. Trever Davis 16.7
8. Veteran Tucker 16.3
9. Trevon Clark 16.1
10. Geoff McArthur 15.8
11. Steve Sweeney 15.5
12. Mike Ford 15.3
13. Michael Buggs 15.3
14. Bobby Shaw 15.2
15. Richard Rodgers 15.2
16. Steve Rivera 15.1
17. Desean Jackson 15.0
18. Jack Hart 15.0
19. Nyan Boateng 15.0
20. Michael Smith 14.9

I was at the Garden State Bowl. One problem might have been that the Temple Owls were a little more used to the cold weather... it was COLD at that game!

I think it was Holden Smith. Like Eddings, he was very fast.
SFCityBear
I read that Jack Plummer's younger brother Will Plummer plays QB for ASU. That could be fun for the brothers and us, if and when the teams play each other.
SFCityBear
71Bear
SFCityBear said:

I read that Jack Plummer's younger brother Will Plummer plays QB for ASU. That could be fun for the brothers and us, if and when the teams play each other.
Close…. Will Plummer plays for Arizona. He was the starting QB for the Wildcats in this season's memorable Cal/AZ game. They will face each other in 2022.
Golden One
71Bear said:

Lastly, Cal had a terrible OL. Anyone who watched the Bears play doesn't need to review any stats to realize the #1 issue on offense was the OL.
Amen!
calumnus
Bumping now that this has been confirmed by Plummer and Moraga says Plummer is on campus and enrolled.

Are we done? What do people think?
bearsandgiants
Provided he stays healthy, I think he'll be as good if not better than having Garbers for another year. We should most definitely make a bowl. Should be a fun season and a chance to get things back on track.
71Bear
bearsandgiants said:

Provided he stays healthy, I think he'll be as good if not better than having Garbers for another year. We should most definitely make a bowl. Should be a fun season and a chance to get things back on track.
Why the enthusiasm over a guy who was a second unit QB on good but not great team?

I see him as a solid back-up guy who won't embarrass you if the #1 is sidelined.

Johnson/Millner are the guys who should be vying for the starting role.
kal kommie
71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Why the enthusiasm over a guy who was a second unit QB on good but not great team?

I see him as a solid back-up guy who won't embarrass you if the #1 is sidelined.

Plummer was #2 behind one of the better QBs in the country; vs OSU, MSU and Iowa, McConnell threw for 1301 yards, 9 TDs and 0 INTs. It's not a mark of mediocrity to be #2 behind a really good player.

In his 6 full starts the last two seasons (vs Minn, Rutgers, Nebraska, Oregon St, Connecticut and Notre Dame), Plummer threw for 1683 yards (71.5% comp), 15 TDs and 2 INTs. Plummer is the best passer we've had since Webb. He makes fast, decisive reads, has a quick release and is very accurate. I'd be shocked and very impressed if either Johnson or Millner could beat him out.

I think Plummer will prove to be a better suited QB for Musgrave than Garbers, and I say that while dissenting from those who wanted to see us move on from Chase as our starting QB. We're lucky to have such a soft landing after losing a 4-year starter QB.
calumnus
kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Plummer was #2 behind one of the better QBs in the country; vs OSU, MSU and Iowa, McConnell threw for 1301 yards, 9 TDs and 0 INTs. It's not a mark of mediocrity to be #2 behind a really good player.

In his 6 full starts the last two seasons (vs Minn, Rutgers, Nebraska, Oregon St, Connecticut and Notre Dame), Plummer threw for 1683 yards (71.5% comp), 15 TDs and 2 INTs. Plummer is the best passer we've had since Webb. He makes fast, decisive reads, has a quick release and is very accurate. I'd be shocked and very impressed if either Johnson or Millner could beat him out.

I think Plummer will prove to be a better suited QB for Musgrave than Garbers, and I say that while dissenting from those who wanted to see us move on from Chase as our starting QB. We're lucky to have such a soft landing after losing a 4-year starter QB.

Nicely said. You have given me hope.
BearSD
kal kommie said:

Cal's 2022 schedule includes two opponents against whom Plummer started in 2021.

He started at Notre Dame on Sep. 18, 2021 in week 3 of the season, and Cal plays at Notre Dame on Sep. 17, 2022 in week 3.
71Bear
kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Webb?? I hope he is better than that whether he is the #1 or #2.

Webb was a classic "pile up the yards between the 20's and flop when he gets in the red zone" QB. He was mediocre at best…..

Expectations should be much higher.

Cal hasn't had a consistent, winning QB since Rodgers………

Note: I have not seen Plummer play. The Purdue games I watched were played after he was benched.
parentswerebears
That is dangerous. It starts with hope, then leads down a dark path.
boredom
71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Webb was a classic "pile up the yards between the 20's and flop when he gets in the red zone" QB. He was mediocre at best…..

Note: I have not seen Plummer play. The Purdue games I watched were played after he was benched.

Webb's Texas Tech teams were an answer to your first question about why get excited about a guy who couldn't win the starting job for a mediocre team. Webb beat out Baker Mayfield and then lost out to Mahomes. None of those teams were very good. It's certainly possible to be a backup qb and still be very good.

Webb is a good qb. He was drafted and has been on NFL rosters most of the last half decade. Not great, certainly not Rodgers, but an above average P5 qb.

I have no opinion of Plummer, I've never seen him play. I do think that our existing qb situation without him is really dire. Plummer's stats seem to indicate that his floor is much higher than what we saw from non-Garbers qbs since Bowers. If he stays healthy it should prevent a 2-10 type outcome.
Big C
boredom said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Webb's Texas Tech teams were an answer to your first question about why get excited about a guy who couldn't win the starting job for a mediocre team. Webb beat out Baker Mayfield and then lost out to Mahomes. None of those teams were very good. It's certainly possible to be a backup qb and still be very good.

Webb is a good qb. He was drafted and has been on NFL rosters most of the last half decade. Not great, certainly not Rodgers, but an above average P5 qb.

I have no opinion of Plummer, I've never seen him play. I do think that our existing qb situation without him is really dire. Plummer's stats seem to indicate that his floor is much higher than what we saw from non-Garbers qbs since Bowers. If he stays healthy it should prevent a 2-10 type outcome.

I hope Plummer can have a decent mastery of the Musgrave offense after Spring Practice, summer 7 x 7s and Fall Camp. If not, it would send up the ol' red flag again (about Musgrave). I would like to think a RS freshman like Millner could be fairly ready by September and I'd definitely like to see him get some reps this fall. Ideally, he would be competing with Plummer for the starting spot, if he's really as good as he we reportedly considered him to be.
71Bear
boredom said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Webb has played in only one NFL game. Most of his "career", he has been on practice squads. He has spent very little time on the active roster of any team.

He was awful at Cal. The 2016 San Diego State game in which he screwed up at the end of the game was a perfect illustration of his inability to make plays when the pressure was greatest.
BearGoggles
71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

So you haven't seen Plummer play, but you're willing to say "I see him as a solid back-up guy who won't embarrass you if the #1 is sidelined."

Interesting standard for making an assessment.

Joe Burrow transferred because he couldn't beat out JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.

Baker Mayfield left Texas Tech because he was beat out by the aforementioned Davis Webb.

Plummer is likely not as good as those guys. But to draw such a negative inference from a player being beat out - a player who you admittedly have never seen play - is a real reach.

Plummer is reportedly an accurate passer who gets the ball out quickly. If those traits are true, he will be an upgrade. And, of course, let's see what Milner and Johnson bring to the table.
Bearly Clad
Random but it's crazy to think that the last 3 QBs from Higley have all been Bears at some point (Plummer, Brasch, Millner)
71Bear
BearGoggles said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

So you haven't seen Plummer play, but you're willing to say "I see him as a solid back-up guy who won't embarrass you if the #1 is sidelined."

Interesting standard for making an assessment.

Joe Burrow transferred because he couldn't beat out JT Barrett and Dwayne Haskins.

Baker Mayfield left Texas Tech because he was beat out by the aforementioned Davis Webb.

Plummer is likely not as good as those guys. But to draw such a negative inference from a player being beat out - a player who you admittedly have never seen play - is a real reach.

Plummer is reportedly an accurate passer who gets the ball out quickly. If those traits are true, he will be an upgrade. And, of course, let's see what Milner and Johnson bring to the table.
Always remember, when the starter goes down, the backup QB becomes the most important guy on the team. Cal found that out the hard way in Tucson.

In other words, every team NEEDS two QB's who can play effectively…..

Let's revisit this topic in the fall after Millner/Johnson tear it up in fall camp .
calumnus
Bearly Clad said:

Random but it's crazy to think that the last 3 QBs from Higley have all been Bears at some point (Plummer, Brasch, Millner)

Probably not random.
Big C
71Bear said:

boredom said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

Webb has played in only one NFL game. Most of his "career", he has been on practice squads. He has spent very little time on the active roster of any team.

He was awful at Cal. The 2016 San Diego State game in which he screwed up at the end of the game was a perfect illustration of his inability to make plays when the pressure was greatest.

This is the first time I've ever heard anybody claim that Davis Webb was "awful" at Cal. You are a minority of one on this assessment.
BearForce2
BearForce2 said:

Passing motion reminds me of Goff.

He runs like Goff too, lol!
71Bear
Big C said:

71Bear said:

boredom said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

This is the first time I've ever heard anybody claim that Davis Webb was "awful" at Cal. You are a minority of one on this assessment.
Not a problem. Being in a minority of one doesn't mean you are wrong. It only means the rest of the world hasn't seen the light….

concernedparent
71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

I hope whoever our QB is can flop their way to 43 TDs.
71Bear
concernedparent said:

71Bear said:

kal kommie said:

71Bear said:

bearsandgiants said:

I hope whoever our QB is can flop their way to 43 TDs.
And I would hope that whoever Wilcox selects as the #1 QB can lead Cal to winning record (something Webb was unable to do because of his penchant to screw up at the most inopportune time).

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.