We have been gifted Aaron Rodgers greatness on Xmas day

15,007 Views | 138 Replies | Last: 2 yr ago by Econ141
hanky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Okaydo exercising his freedom to vote

ColoradoBear
B.A. Bearacus said:

ColoradoBear said:

Congrats to Aaron on clinching both the #1 seed and the MVP. I'm going to buy myself a nice dinner with the winnings on both those futures bets.

But while resting up the toe for a playoff run, now would be a great time to get that J&J vax - you know the one he's not 'allergic' to - just to ensure he's not out for the super bowl, as his 90 daily testing break ends 2 days after the NFC championship game. And yes I have the Pack at 16:1 to win it all.

Colorado, do us a solid and tell us how long ago you placed these Cal-inspired bets and how much you won.

ps. AR is waiting for the 10-year data to come out on JNJ before he takes it. He doesn't want to compromise his ability to have strong sperm. His girlfriend will be 39 when AR takes the JNJ jab in 2031, so the window will still be open -- and we all know hitting tight windows is not a problem for AR.

Bets were from the July/August timeframe. Actually it was MVP at 16:1, a few scattered bets between 10:1 and 12:1 on the Pack Super Bowl (still 1k of winnings possible but obviously lots of teams), and a smaller amount at 10:1 for #1 seed. Just enough for some amusement. These online sites give out a pretty decent amount of promo bets and I try to chase the Cal longshots with those instead of real hard money. It's also been good throwing bets on Collin Morikawa and even Max Homa every now and then.

Then there was the great idea to throw some on Cal MBB to win the p12. Haha.

I'm pretty good at losing money betting on individual Cal FB games though. So I've stopped doing that.
Unit2Sucks
Is there any surprise a Chicago sports fan would hate AR?

Writers have long used their votes this way. Barry Bonds was limited to 7 MVPs, and Rodgers may only have 4 because of his relationship with the media. Life isn't always fair.
AunBear89
hanky1 said:

B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

Man, when hanky1 calls you a dbag....I guess this is who Rodgers is now.

To quote the Roman philosopher Vagisil: "but he is our dbag."

Anyone who reads Atlas Shrugged and promotes it is automatically a dbag. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to dbag jail.

100%. Freshman year roommate swore by it. Thought Rand a genius. Wouldn't shut up about objectivism. He would pull out a dog eared copy and a pencil when he had nothing to do and continue whichever read through he was on, annotating and exclaiming as he read. So pretentious.
"There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics." -- (maybe) Benjamin Disraeli, popularized by Mark Twain
okaydo
hanky1 said:

Yes, my goal is to fuel Aaron's victim complex and feeling that he's a victim of cancel culture.
B.A. Bearacus
ColoradoBear said:

Bets were from the July/August timeframe. Actually it was MVP at 16:1, a few scattered bets between 10:1 and 12:1 on the Pack Super Bowl (still 1k of winnings possible but obviously lots of teams), and a smaller amount at 10:1 for #1 seed. Just enough for some amusement. These online sites give out a pretty decent amount of promo bets and I try to chase the Cal longshots with those instead of real hard money. It's also been good throwing bets on Collin Morikawa and even Max Homa every now and then.

Then there was the great idea to throw some on Cal MBB to win the p12. Haha.

I'm pretty good at losing money betting on individual Cal FB games though. So I've stopped doing that.

Colorado, thanks for indulging me with the details and letting us win vicariously through you. Very nicely done on these bets!
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

Aaron Rodgers, it took you to finally bring Okaydo and hanky1 together. No one else could have done it.

bearister
B.A. Bearacus said:

okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

Atlas Shrugged.

hahahahaha

What a dbag.

Aaron Rodgers, it took you to finally bring Okaydo and hanky1 together. No one else could have done it.

Who will get Arafat's millions? / Wife is fighting Palestinian officials for assets, Arab TV reports

https://www.sfgate.com/health/article/Who-will-get-Arafat-s-millions-Wife-is-2637911.php
Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
bluehenbear
okaydo
hanky1 said:

As predicted this MVP voter's dumb comment helps Aaron.
calbear93
okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

This guy has no business voting for the award, and the fact that this guy gets a vote dilutes the prestige of the award. He can create his own award - the player I want to be BFFs with award - but if he is using whether he likes someone's legal life decisions outside the football field as the main driver, he mostly discredited himself and the award. Writers holding use of PED against Bonds is one thing since it impacted whether he was competing fairly but this had nothing to do with Rodgers' on the field performance or the legitimacy of his performance. I hope this "journalists" gets some crap for this.
BearForce2

Aaron Rodgers steps up after Gavin Newsom wrecks California.
BearForce2
okaydo said:

Yes, my goal is to fuel Aaron's victim complex and feeling that he's a victim of cancel culture.

Hub Arkush....triggered, like Cal fans.
hanky1
Despite the writer, and okaydo's, attempt to cancel Aaron Rodgers...I think he'll still win the MVP. Cancel cancel culture.
okaydo
hanky1 said:

Despite the writer, and okaydo's, attempt to cancel Aaron Rodgers...I think he'll still win the MVP. Cancel cancel culture.

I never tried to cancel Aaron Rodgers. I never said he shouldn't be MVP.
B.A. Bearacus
B.A. Bearacus
Full list of voters from 2020:
https://mvpvoting.wordpress.com/ap-voters/
GoCal80
Scott Ostler has entered the debate about who is the most horrible sports personality:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/sports/ostler/article/Aaron-Rodgers-biggest-jerk-Let-s-at-least-16752807.php
bipolarbear
Love him or hate him - Aaron Rodgers is the most interesting man in sports today.
B.A. Bearacus
bipolarbear said:

Love him or hate him - Aaron Rodgers is the most interesting man in sports today.

Wait, just the other day you said that Aaron Rodgers was the least interesting man in sports today. What gives bipolarbear?
B.A. Bearacus
hanky1 said:

Anyone who reads Atlas Shrugged and promotes it is automatically a dbag. Do not pass Go. Do not collect $200. Go straight to dbag jail.
Aaron Rodgers fired back at hanky1, the Bearinsider poster who said "Aaron Rodger is horrible" -- and belongs in "dbag jail."

"I think he's a bum," Rodgers told reporters Wednesday. "I think he's an absolute bum. He doesn't know me. I don't know who he is. No one knew who he was, probably, until yesterday's comments. I read his comments on Bearinsider, but to say he had his mind made up in 2016, that I should be backup qb, that I had zero chance of winning MVP, in my opinion should exclude him from posting again on Bearinsider."

"His problem isn't with me being a bad guy or the biggest jerk in the league because he doesn't know me," Rodgers said. "hanky1 doesn't know anything about me. I've never met him. I've never had lunch with him. I've never had an interview with him. His problem is that he can't throw a football 10 yards."

bipolarbear
B.A. Bearacus said:

bipolarbear said:

Wait, just the other day you said that Aaron Rodgers was the least interesting man in sports today. What gives bipolarbear?
Don't try to gaslight me.
B.A. Bearacus
Aaron will play on Sunday:

Quote:

"I don't think he necessarily needs to play," LaFleur said Friday. "I think he's proven that throughout the course of the season in terms of the lack of practice that he's had and still going out there and playing at an MVP level, so I don't think he necessarily needs to play. I think he wants to play. I think he wants to keep the momentum going."

Translation: Aaron wants a little more padding to secure the MVP and so will play one half against the Lions' 25th ranked pass D. Aaron will be wearing special contact lenses during the game that have "Hub" and "Arkush" imprinted on them, as he adds two more tds to finish the season with 37 tds, 4 int. It is important to move his tepid 3,977 yard total past 4K, especially as Brady will go over 5K on his first pass.

Also, Jared is likely to play so we will all look for Cal on Cal hugging at the end, if we make it that far.
okaydo
The media trying to bolster Rodgers' victim complex, Part Ii.

GoCal80
AR seems to enjoy attracting attention to himself: https://www.mediaite.com/sports/twitter-freaks-after-aaron-rodgers-touts-atlas-shrugged-on-espn-joe-rogan-is-making-him-dumber/
calbear93
GoCal80 said:

AR seems to enjoy attracting attention to himself: https://www.mediaite.com/sports/twitter-freaks-after-aaron-rodgers-touts-atlas-shrugged-on-espn-joe-rogan-is-making-him-dumber/

While I try my best to support all former Cal players, anyone who espouses Objectivism and treats either Atlas Shrugged or the Fountainhead as some opus hasn't really applied philosophy to real life. No, man is not the hero, we are not best served by self-interest and selfishness, and we do need to protect the most needy. Some people's sense of broad entitlement and government as the mother provider for all may make objectivism appealing in concept, but anyone who claims to have faith in God and espouses nonsense like Ayn Rand has not really considered either her book or the Bible. I will still root for him because he went to Cal but he needs to stop acting like some enlightened being. It's counterproductive.
hanky1
okaydo said:

Sources indicate that Boomer's source was Okaydo whos been desperately trying to cancel Aaron Rodgers.
B.A. Bearacus
hanky1 said:

Sources indicate that Boomer's source was Okaydo whos been desperately trying to cancel Aaron Rodgers.

Let's assume you believe what you say and understand what you are saying. What are you saying is okaydo's desired outcome with regard to AR?
calumnus
calbear93 said:

okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

This guy has no business voting for the award, and the fact that this guy gets a vote dilutes the prestige of the award. He can create his own award - the player I want to be BFFs with award - but if he is using whether he likes someone's legal life decisions outside the football field as the main driver, he mostly discredited himself and the award. Writers holding use of PED against Bonds is one thing since it impacted whether he was competing fairly but this had nothing to do with Rodgers' on the field performance or the legitimacy of his performance. I hope this "journalists" gets some crap for this.

He's a Bear's fan, he wasn't going to vote for Rodgers anyway, but now he can feel he is doing it (not doing it) for moral reasons.
okaydo
hanky1 said:

okaydo said:

If I was trying to cancel Rodgers, why would I start a dumb rumor that he could easily mock and make it look like the media is out to get him?
Big C
okaydo said:

hanky1 said:

okaydo said:

If I was trying to cancel Rodgers, why would I start a dumb rumor that he could easily mock and make it look like the media is out to get him?

To fake everybody out! This is like Musgrave suddenly going to the empty set backfield as we near the red zone!
Unit2Sucks
calbear93 said:

GoCal80 said:

While I try my best to support all former Cal players, anyone who espouses Objectivism and treats either Atlas Shrugged or the Fountainhead as some opus hasn't really applied philosophy to real life. No, man is not the hero, we are not best served by self-interest and selfishness, and we do need to protect the most needy. Some people's sense of broad entitlement and government as the mother provider for all may make objectivism appealing in concept, but anyone who claims to have faith in God and espouses nonsense like Ayn Rand has not really considered either her book or the Bible. I will still root for him because he went to Cal but he needs to stop acting like some enlightened being. It's counterproductive.

If it makes you feel any better Karen Rodgers hasn't actually read Atlas Shrugged. Just another piece of evidence that he's more interested in coming across as some version of a smart guy than actually putting in the work necessary. At least he's good at reading defenses.
okaydo
Unit2Sucks said:

calbear93 said:

GoCal80 said:

If it makes you feel any better Karen Rodgers hasn't actually read Atlas Shrugged. Just another piece of evidence that he's more interested in coming across as some version of a smart guy than actually putting in the work necessary. At least he's good at reading defenses.

I read it more like he put it out there because it knew he would be called out for it. And then he can troll everybody by saying he didn't read it. Or maybe I'm giving him too much credit.
B.A. Bearacus
okaydo
It's crazy that we haven't seen a McCarthy vs Rodgers game yes snd that it might be in the playoffs.

McCarthy's role in Rodgers' development is often overlooked.

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.