Story Poster
Photo by Twitter / Zurich Ashford
Cal Football

Ashford Makes the Call for Cal

August 2, 2022

The Bears recently extended an offer to 6-2/250-pound Arbor View (Las Vegas, NV) High School defensive lineman Zurich Ashford‍ before his visit to campus last weekend. It didn’t take long for that offer to turn into a commitment for the Bears.

“That visit I took to Cal, I loved the town, I loved the coaches, I loved their playing style on defense,” said Ashford. “I liked everything about Cal and I just couldn’t see a reason not to commit there.

“I’ve been talking with Coach Browning for a month before my visit. My relationship with him is good.”

A strong student, Ashford hold a 3.62 GPA and would like to major in Business.

“Cal’s academics were also a big factor for me,” said Ashford. “Cal’s one of if not the best public universities in the country.

Possessing unusal speed for a DL with a 4.64 laser timed forty, the 3 star Ashford had 56 tackles, 16 tackles for a loss and 12 sacks along with an interception and a fumble recovery.

The Bears beat out Colorado, Oregon State and Washington State for Ashford’s commitment.

Other stories:

Cal Fall Camp Preview: Running Backs

Cal Football Offer Tracker 7/25-7/31

Discussion from...

Ashford Makes the Call for Cal

5,283 Views | 6 Replies | Last: 1 yr ago by Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
GoOskie
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Welcome. Go Bears!!!
harebear
Great news! Welcome Zurich! Go Bears!

Goobear
Zurich, welcome to Cal Football. Wishing you and your family nothing but the best of success on and off the field. Go Bears!
BearoutEast67
Nice!
Donate to Cal's NIL at https://calegends.com/donation/
dimitrig

"That visit I took to Cal, I loved the town, I loved the coaches, I loved their playing style on defense," said Ashford.

"I liked everything about Cal and I just couldn't see a reason not to commit there."

"Cal's academics were also a big factor for me," said Ashford. "Cal's one of if not the best public universities in the country."

Welcome to Cal! You won't regret it!

Nasal Mucus Goldenbear
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.