cal's monster offensive line

1,782,238 Views | 10931 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
harebear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Rtkbear said:

I'm happy you started this new thread. I found the old thread entertaining and it's nice to get updated on cal stuff and your family. That being said, you need to change the title of the thread. There is nothing monster about the offensive line. Not to disparage the hard working players, but it's the unit that is underperforming the most. I know you have blamed it on greatwood leaving the cupboard empty but it looks like angus has no idea of how to get the unit to do even the most basic things correctly.
There is some monster potential and through recruiting and development (whoever ends up doing that) it will be monster in all respects soon. So imo keep the title. it acknowledges the immense value/importance of our men in the trenches.
GoOskie
calbearsfan said:

cal's monster offensive line?????

BULL SH&T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Monster as in horrific.
Strykur
eastcoastcal said:

He's in year 6 and our trajectory is not improving. Beforehand at least he could sell recruits on a theoretical upward trajectory.
He is not going to be able to sell anybody on anything without an OC change.
Shocky1
heartofthebear said:

If we had more OLs on the team, maybe we could cover for injured players, protect the QB and rotate guys so they don't get injured to start with. Instead we have 22 LBs on the roster to sit the bench, play on the scout team and play STs. Other teams can do all of that with quite a bit less LBs and can have a few more OLs.

One of the most criminally dangerous behaviors of our recent HCs is that they under stock at certain positions, forcing those players to over exert and play through periods when they should be resting or recovering. Dykes had 18 WRs on the roster and very few LBs and the LBs were getting injured a lot. Some of them decided to transfer out. Now it is the opposite. But hey, Wilcox is going to take responsibility. That's what he said.

The monster class should have been yesterday, not tomorrow.
heart, your take is shared by me & a significant number of the staff but at the end of the day it's coach wilcox's final decision that counts the most with respects to positional scholly allocations

the monster was making the siren call back in february at a rival site that the 2022 & most likely the 2023 seasons were gonna be ultimately be determined by the play of the offensive line...the biggest story out of spring ball wasn't all the garbage you read at all the cal sites/newspapers/cal athletic department by the mostly non intrepid reporters, it was the fact that brayden rhome weighed around 250+ lbs due to mono (he looked more like a muscular baseball player at the spring game than a starting tackle in the pac 12) & yet he started because of the absolute lack of depth in the trenches...there were red flags everywhere but instead a lot of dumb azzs including 99% posters on this board (including gooskie & calbearsfan who were apparently clueless to the o-line room issues) wanted to talk about tommy "top shelf" christakos, damien moore losing his "babyfat, "dario longhetto's "hard work and improvement" with his placekicking, jackson sirmon likes going to "shoneys" with his dad, etc.

anyways the shockster got zero interest in talking about why yesterday is leaking thru the roof (if ima not ur baby daddy, ima gonna have heavy heart but just tell me the truth) so that why this cal's monster offensive line thread is here right now

this season the bears got 14 scholly offensive linemen, the current plan is 16 schollys in the o-line room for the 2023 season with the january arrival of huge upside athletic grayshirt tackle nick morrow (3.7 gpa) of flagstaff high school, another 1-2 high school prospects with nasty wrestling champ interior lineman isaiah kema (4.0 gpa) officially visiting for the upcoming washington weekend & another grad transfer portal pick up with former 5 star wisconsin offensive tackle logan brown (all big ten 2021 academic selection) among the prospective transfers

heart, hope ur not turning cynical, that won't do, somewhere there's a mirrorball for u

meanwhile shocky is gonna be walked to the car, can we please be absolutely sure?

Shocky1
rktbear got more hair & a smart phone unlike steve greatwood

flip phones & clothes r for losers, rite shocky?#
DiabloWags
We have 24 linebackers on the roster.
That pretty much says it all.
"Cults don't end well. They really don't."
heartofthebear
Shocky1 said:

heartofthebear said:

If we had more OLs on the team, maybe we could cover for injured players, protect the QB and rotate guys so they don't get injured to start with. Instead we have 22 LBs on the roster to sit the bench, play on the scout team and play STs. Other teams can do all of that with quite a bit less LBs and can have a few more OLs.

One of the most criminally dangerous behaviors of our recent HCs is that they under stock at certain positions, forcing those players to over exert and play through periods when they should be resting or recovering. Dykes had 18 WRs on the roster and very few LBs and the LBs were getting injured a lot. Some of them decided to transfer out. Now it is the opposite. But hey, Wilcox is going to take responsibility. That's what he said.

The monster class should have been yesterday, not tomorrow.
heart, your take is shared by me & a significant number of the staff but at the end of the day it's coach wilcox's final decision that counts the most with respects to positional scholly allocations

the monster was making the siren call back in february at a rival site that the 2022 & most likely the 2023 seasons were gonna be ultimately be determined by the play of the offensive line...the biggest story out of spring ball wasn't all the garbage you read at all the cal sites/newspapers/cal athletic department by the mostly non intrepid reporters, it was the fact that brayden rhome weighed around 250+ lbs due to mono (he looked more like a muscular baseball player at the spring game than a starting tackle in the pac 12) & yet he started because of the absolute lack of depth in the trenches...there were red flags everywhere but instead a lot of dumb azzs including 99% posters on this board wanted to talk about tommy "top shelf" christakos, damien moore losing his "babyfat, "dario longhetto's "hard work and improvement" with his placekicking, etc.

anyways the shockster got zero interest in talking about why yesterday is leaking thru the roof (if ima not ur baby daddy, ima gonna have heavy heart but just tell me the truth) so that why this cal's monster offensive line thread is here right now

this season the bears got 14 scholly offensive linemen, the current plan is 16 schollys in the o-line room for the 2023 season with the january arrival of huge upside athletic grayshirt tackle nick morrow (3.7 gpa) of flagstaff high school, another 1-2 high school prospects with nasty wrestling champ interior lineman isaiah kema (4.0 gpa) officially visiting for the upcoming washington weekend & another grad transfer portal pick up with former 5 star wisconsin offensive tackle logan brown (all big ten 2021 academic selection) among the prospective transfers

heart, hope ur not turning cynical, that won't do, somewhere there's a mirrorball for u

meanwhile shocky is gonna be walked to the car, can we please be absolutely sure?

Appreciate you, and hey, I won't go cynical but I am a hardcore realist, mainly because the more we hope, the more Cal makes us pay for it.
Glad to hear about the chances for a Wisconsin OL. I have been researching teams and their OLs and I was surprised by Wisconsin. Little known fact is they recruit OL like the bluebloods and they usually have more than one 5 star OL on the roster, which is really impressive.

Wilcox is an interesting dude. There is a lot to like, but "taking responsibility" apparently does not include appropriate roster balance and depth and when does loyalty to staff (think McClure) result in disloyalty to your players (think Ott)?

Just saying I'm not falling for the image anymore. His actions don't match up to the rhetoric in my mind.
Shocky1
DiabloWags said:

bad (inaccurate) math:

diablo, ur math is no bueno, that pretty much says it all

the roster currently got 23 bears, 3 are walk ons, so there are actually 20 scholly linebackers

look, understand the angry mob wanna march up the mountain with sharpened pitchforks screaming in frenzied unison "fire oski" to memorial stadium but can we please be absolutely accurate?

the system only works in total pythagoras theorems#
NVBear78
Shocky1 said:

DiabloWags said:

bad (inaccurate) math:

the roster currently got 23 bears, 3 are walk ons, so there are actually 20 scholly linebackers

look, understand the angry mob wanna march up the mountain with sharpened pitchforks screaming in frenzied unison "fire oski" to memorial stadium but can we please be absolutely accurate?

Its interesting as well that almost all of the scholarship linebackers plus at least one walk-on has played this season.
Shocky1
how wuz ur plane ride?
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone said:

****, piss, ****, ****, Shocky, mother****er, and tits.
chapman, if u told me u wuz clinically depress, i would believe in u

12 step program for chronic misspellings#
Shocky1
Strykur said:

eastcoastcal said:

He's in year 6 and our trajectory is not improving. Beforehand at least he could sell recruits on a theoretical upward trajectory.
He is not going to be able to sell anybody on anything without an OC change.
strykur, there's gonna be organizational staff changes after this season
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

exclusive footage of shocky's failed attempt to storm folsom field:

everybody loves des (unlike shocky's 1st substitute yoga teacher closing class namaste fail)#
do you got a yoga/meditation practice?

if u laughed at the above video, ur not a nice person
Big C

I believe Jackson Brown had made last week's depth chart. Did he get any reps in the game and, if so, how did it go?
Shocky1
heartofthebear said:

Shocky1 said:

heartofthebear said:

Just saying I'm not falling for the image anymore. His actions don't match up to the rhetoric in my mind.
heart n raven got trust issues:

Shocky1
Big C said:

I believe Jackson Brown had made last week's depth chart. Did he get any reps in the game and, if so, how did it go?
#78 dnp
Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

****, piss, ****, ****, Shocky, mother****er, and tits.
chapman, if u told me u wuz clinically depress, i would believe in u

12 step program for chronic misspellings#

Do the 17 and 18 year olds that you pander to, or more importantly, their parents, know you're racist and sexist?
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Do the 17 and 18 year olds that you pander to, or more importantly, their parents, know you're racist and sexist?
does ur probation officer know u got a laptop & that u live on 63rd?
Shocky1
big braddah update for major cal interior lineman target isaiah kema:

noah is very articulate (which is not surprising coming from a well grounded family that prioritizes academics), a lot more than shocky would be if we wuz a rainbow who would be quoted as follows:

"gonna focus on playing nanea later this week but really wanna do the hang with them curvy brunette yoga females at the beach or something, where's my 32 oz freshly squeezed green drink & salmon poke bowl?"

broke da mouth#

Chapman_is_Gone
Shocky1 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

does ur probation officer know u got a laptop & that u live on 63rd?
I guess if I was 75 years old, I might try throwing out obscure musical references from today's hits that my daughter tells me about, you know, to make me seem younger and more hip. The trouble is, it doesn't work...the result is just awkward. Cringe, even. Kinda like wearing shoes with no socks, which is something you know all about.
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone said:

Shocky1 said:

Chapman_is_Gone said:

Kinda like wearing shoes with no socks, which is something you know all about.

hey chapman, didn't realize ur a fashionista too, maybe we could do the hang at fashion week in paris next time

but to be honest with u, shocky thinks clothes r for losers

https://instagr.am/p/B9SOe4njett

JB was a Chieftain
There is more fire, passion, and fight with shocky & champman than with our coaching staff!
DiabloWags
Shocky1 said:

DiabloWags said:

bad (inaccurate) math:

My bad.

It's been 4 decades since I had to compute Lagragian multipliers in my Haas Microeconomics class with Professor Hibshoosh.

Here's some Math for you and our MONSTER OFFENSIVE LINE ..... we had a total of 19 yards rushing against the 131st run defense in the Nation, per Mike Pawlawski.

How's that for accuracy?

Shocky1
JB was a Chieftain said:

There is more fire, passion, and fight with shocky & champman than with our coaching staff!
jb, that's cuz chapman is from 63rd
Shocky1
DiabloWags said:

Shocky1 said:

DiabloWags said:

bad (inaccurate) math:

Here's some Math for you and our MONSTER OFFENSIVE LINE ..... we had a total of 19 yards rushing against the 131st run defense in the Nation, per Mike Pawlawski.

How's that for accuracy?

impressed, u spelled paws name rite

diablo=phi beta kappa (like the shockster)

don't be a dumb azz#
Rtkbear
Shocky, is the o-line getting an outside advisor soon? Just wondering if the rumored addition to the offensive staff will be to the o-line.
ducky23
The promised "changes" better be more substantial than a single Oline consultant
DiabloWags
Shocky1 said:

don't be a dumb azz#

Here's a suggestion.
Dont take "shots" at people you know nothing about.
Shocky1
diablo, u kinda sensitive, nobody is questioning your intelligence, ok?
Shocky1
Rtkbear said:

Shocky, is the o-line getting an outside advisor soon? Just wondering if the rumored addition to the offensive staff will be to the o-line.
rkt, future hall of famer defensive mastermind marv lewis has already weighed in by telling me multiple times with his snarky grin that "cal is the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against," reality is that coach wilcox thinks that between former nfl offensive coordinators billy m & geep that his team got all the schematic answers & that it's just a matter of "execution"

aristotle is also not advocating enough re: the predictable game planning...future college hall of famer running back coach ron gould would basically call pitchouts to the edges to let his future nfl running backs like jj, shane, javid & marshawn create ******* magic in space

jaydn ott is arguably the most explosive running back in college football, last saturday in boulder he didn't benefit from a single pitchout as billy m stubbornly tried to run the 200 lbs running back thru interior tight quarters, that **** did not work

all this unsuccessful offensive predictable play calling is only gonna change when coach wilcox insists that it's gonna change, his hands off coaching style that respects the decisions made by his staff needs to adapt with the times otherwise nothing is gonna change

this is why football factories hire former legendary football coaches as athletic directors, they can mentor their football coaches...unfortuantely in berkeley jim knowlton is more interested in building his tone deaf financially unsustainable olympic sports empire which is gonna all crumble sooner than later as he drains resources from the football & basketball programs

real talk#
Shocky1
one of the fundamental problems with the cal offense is that everything is too slow developing, opposing defenses got plenty of time to react

even the dumb as **** and dangerous quarterback sneak took forever with the slow count, the buffs linebackers creeped forwards towards the gaps with each passing second & stuffed the play

the reason the jake tonges in seam route touchdown at ole miss worked despite him being the slowest white tight end on planet earth is because it was sudden, the rebels didn't have time to bring a 2nd defender in coverage..a split second snagged pass & then jake was off to the races

so the jaydn ott swing passes in the flat take forever while he moves in motion towards the sidelines and defenders adjust their fits

a pitch out don't allow time for adjustments, at that point it's just gonna be my fellow poly bad azz jaydn against a stressed as **** edge defender in open space with 50+ yards of pay dirt behind them, yeah kinda like them odds

shocky luvs cipriani's basement in nyc#

Big C
Shocky1 said:

one of the fundamental problems with the cal offense is that everything is too slow developing, opposing defenses got plenty of time to react

even the dumb as **** and dangerous quarterback sneak took forever with the slow count, the buffs linebackers creeped forwards towards the gaps with each passing second & stuffed the play

the reason the jake tonges in seam route touchdown at ole miss worked despite him being the slowest white tight end on planet earth is because it was sudden, the rebels didn't have time to bring a 2nd defender in coverage..a split second snagged pass & then jake was off to the races

so the jaydn ott swing passes in the flat take forever while he moves in motion towards the sidelines and defenders adjust their fits

a pitch out don't allow time for adjustments, at that point it's just gonna be my fellow poly bad azz jaydn against a stressed as **** edge defender in open space with 50+ yards of pay dirt behind them, yeah kinda like them odds

shocky luvs cipriani's basement in nyc#

All true. Last Saturday, we did try one play I think I had never seen before: Plummer took a snap from under center, turned around 180 and pitched it straight back to Ott(?), who then ran straight forward between the tackles.

There is a reason why I had never seen this play before.
Shocky1
big c, 100% agreed that was a truly unique kinda surreal pitch out that added the element of potential ball insecurity with the toss thru airspace resulting as you so aptly described it as just another thud into the line of scrimmage play

there was an early fake pitch to jaydn in space that resulted in an effective misdirection pass completion to the other side of the field on a slant pass attacking the middle third of the field...if plummer has tossed the ball to ott on the edge he would've had one guy to beat in space for a monster touchdown run...honestly thought the fake pitch out was a well schemed decoy play by billy m to set up an actual pitch later in the game but that never happened

at 3-3 with a potential bowl game still possible but also further afar too, coach wilcox got no choice right now but to make a staffing addition to keep the fans but most importantly his players/families fully invested...this is gonna be an interesting week

trust me, not all the bearents think billy m is a "genius" like jim knowlton does

pitch outs to jaydn ott in space=off to the races epic touchdowns for them california golden bears
KenBurnski
Chris Petersen told me at goat yoga that he'd be down for the ride. Lfg.
Shocky1
just wasted a couple of minutes of my life that ima never gonna get back reading nick kranz's write for california article that states there's basically no way to ever know if jack plummer played injured against colorado

nick, jack plummer's dad told me at the game his son was playing with a painful & significant injury, this was all explained in my game summary report
First Page Last Page
Page 10 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.