cal's monster offensive line

1,532,703 Views | 9985 Replies | Last: 56 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
the staff gotta get kaydn proctor to take an official visit from hometown iowa to the left coast, that's the key next step in this recruitment for a day 1 starter

the 2023 scholly class will sign at least one high schooler to join grayshirt eric morrow

there is already a portal transfer offensive line target from a p5 school that has been identified from further afar
Shocky1
eastcoastcal, when cal's monster class started there were zero mcdonald all americans in berkeley, during the monster era of excellence for the cal basketball program among the 5,000,000+ views there were 5 micky d ballers in jaylen brown, ivan rabb, jabari bird, caleb swanigan & marcus lee who read the monster during high school & made commitments to cal

the most viewed thread on this football board cal recruiting great students was started because the football program was not targeting high gpa student athletes at the end of the jeff tedford era & they needed to be held accountable

cal's monster offensive line is not a finished product, the stewardship is held by the hard working coach mcclure (who scouted marin catholic yesterday after probably brunch at sam's in tiburon) and superstar graduate assistant mike saffell...kinda funny when casual fans say they should be fired/dropped off at the pound in favor of some offensive line coaches from a football factory who have never recruited a single lineman with a 2.7 gpa or higher (not joking here)

cal's monster offensive line is more of a vision than a reality right now, can't wait to the see in person the next chapter in their development in boulder next weekend, this is the struggle that must be

life is not linear#
Big C
eastcoastcal said:

Shocky1 said:

6956, with respects to recruiting, coach mcclure & current graduate assistant mike saffell in the last cycle brought to berkeley the best offensive lineman that has signed with the bears during the last decade in sioape vatikani (who is close friends with walk on malcolm mcclure, angus departing would be like tryna push sioape into the portal), the current starting right tackle tj session, the 1st game starting right guard spencer lovell, huge upside offensive tackle jackson brown & promising but currently injured/blueshirting trent ramsey

name a better 2022 offensive line class in the pac 12?

happy with vatikani and excited for ramsey and brown. but feel like lovell & session have been massive disappointments

hope pleasant and williams like their visit. i think crucial offseason move will be getting some monsters for the OL from the portal

monster OL: Coleman, Vatikani, ?, ?, ?

also does kadyn proctor have real interest? committed to Iowa but if he expressed interest while committed feel like there has to be some potential there. he is a real monster

Lovell and Session haven't been very good... but I don't think they were ever supposed to be "very good", just guys that could provide some depth. Best we could do at the last minute, IIRC, there was a guy we went hard after (alluded to but unnamed by the mods) who could've been a solid starter, but we didn't get him.

Maybe Session can be decent next season, after another year of S & C and a year of experience playing at this level.
Shocky1
odua isibor: my comments this summer that odua isibor was "soft and unaggressive" were based upon watching odua play power forward half a dozen times for st marys high school basketball team during the monster's recruitment of his then teammate kj hymes...that was 5+ years ago but there's no guaranteed timelines on his return this season, ay caramba
https://bearinsider.com/forums/8/topics/28431/83

grow the violence/aggression#
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal, when cal's monster class started there were zero mcdonald all americans in berkeley, during the monster era of excellence for the cal basketball program among the 5,000,000+ views there were 5 micky d ballers in jaylen brown, ivan rabb, jabari bird, caleb swanigan & marcus lee who read the monster during high school & made commitments to cal

the most viewed thread on this football board cal recruiting great students was started because the football program was not targeting high gpa student athletes at the end of the jeff tedford era & they needed to be held accountable

cal's monster offensive line is not a finished product, the stewardship is held by the hard working coach mcclure (who scouted marin catholic yesterday after probably brunch at sam's in tiburon) and superstar graduate assistant mike saffell...kinda funny when casual fans say they should be fired/dropped off at the pound in favor of some offensive line coaches from a football factory who have never recruited a single lineman with a 2.7 gpa or higher (not joking here)

cal's monster offensive line is more of a vision than a reality right now, can't wait to the see in person the next chapter in their development in boulder next weekend, this is the struggle that must be

life is not linear#
i believe in The Monster Plan and the power of the monster threads
Shocky1
issac hymes is now a 6'9" senior at phh prep in the 2023 class that is a nightmare matchup at the 2, his dad kwame played at pepperdine back in the day & his older bro kj is at nevada...great family that takes in foster children

"the future of cal basketball"#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CiQCdtngW2P

the highlife of my long end of fall bye weekend with taylor in her new home was seeing conclusive proof that my favorite (he promised me he gonna teach me how to speak canadian) cal hooper +1 athlete joel brown is gonna make shots from ******* everywhere with his newly rebuilt pure shooting stroke & that together we're gonna storm the floor and/or streets...this is the magic of cal basketball

https://instagr.am/p/CjgQqp2pRNx

love u sweetie (talking to taylor, not joel)

beauty & the beastly dumb azz dad#

Big C

With all the scholarships we've been investing at the DE/LB positions, it's only a matter of time before we one day get that "apex predator" we've been looking for.

In other news, it's very likely that NorCal is gonna have a major earthquake,,, some time in the next forty years.
Shocky1
cal's monster class exclusive footage:

what's your goals?#
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line recruting update:

congrats to 2024 6'6" 255 lbs offensive tackle ikinasio tupou on today's offer from coach mcclure to become a hometown hero

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states of america (tied with stanford)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

odua isibor: my comments this summer that odua isibor was "soft and unaggressive" were based upon watching odua play power forward half a dozen times for st marys high school basketball team during the monster's recruitment of his then teammate kj hymes...that was 5+ years ago but there's no guaranteed timelines on his return this season, ay caramba

On TOS you used the term "hard pass" in regards to Isibor. You suggested he was unlikely to be in the 2 deep. Yet he started game 1 and likely would have continued to start if not injured.

Yes you referenced his soft play as a HS hooper, but you were not an advocate for him as a football player when it was clear he was headed to Cal. Now though you hope he is ready to **** up some Buffaloes this weekend. I hope he is ready as well.

Looks like the staff has settled on Oladejo, Carlton, Jernagin and Croteau as the primary OLB/Edge guys. Isibor was supposed to help here lets see if he does if healthy. But I think Ikahihifo, Patu, Myles Williams may be worth getting more snaps. They have some pass rush ability. Despite the numbers at this spot the productivity has lacked. Croteau is not a good pass rusher and given the number of passing teams in this conference his snap count should be reduced IMO.
mbBear
6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

On TOS you used the term "hard pass" in regards to Isibor. You suggested he was unlikely to be in the 2 deep. Yet he started game 1 and likely would have continued to start if not injured.

Yes you referenced his soft play as a HS hooper, but you were not an advocate for him as a football player when it was clear he was headed to Cal. Now though you hope he is ready to **** up some Buffaloes this weekend. I hope he is ready as well.

Looks like the staff has settled on Oladejo, Carlton, Jernagin and Croteau as the primary OLB/Edge guys. Isibor was supposed to help here lets see if he does if healthy. But I think Ikahihifo, Patu, Myles Williams may be worth getting more snaps. They have some pass rush ability. Despite the numbers at this spot the productivity has lacked. Croteau is not a good pass rusher and given the number of passing teams in this conference his snap count should be reduced IMO.
The issue isn't that he was wrong about Isibor. The problem is that you cared about what he thought to begin with.
Shocky1
6956, i admit my evaluation ("hard pass") of odua was based on watching him play multiple times in high school basketball, despite his chiseled features on the court he played soft and without a relentless motor

my optimism now re: isibor is more based on hope than reality, he made developmental strides during his time at ucla

but all of this may not matter, odua is not gonna play this weekend against the buffs & it's not clear when he will compete in games again for the bears...100% agreed that croteau is not the answer, his strength is setting the edge but he is an absolute liability in coverage & is usually too slow in the run game along with almost non existent rushing the passer skills due to his lack of explosion...also agree that ikahihifo deserves more snaps, he's got the right mindset (violent aggression) than some of the other guys in coach so'oto's room

it's also possible that my high school evaluation of isibor was sadly correct

Shocky1
mbBear said:

The issue isn't that he was wrong about Isibor. The problem is that you cared about what he thought to begin with.
mb, if u told me u got trust/anger/relationship issues i would believe in u

i dunno maybe u need a kick boxing or yoga/meditation practice or something to become a nice person?

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

what's your goals?#

cal's monster offensive line mike saffell sighting:

if u watch the video carefully, you can see mike tell me "that's a great look" at the 1 minute, 10 second mark as he walks by

not sure why the **** the future cal football head coach in waiting is strolling thru the west village on a sunday morning but whatever...i dunno maybe he's late for lunch date at carbone or bar pitta around the corner with bella hadid (her favorite color is blue too), will be kinda bummed if he bails on them bears for wall street

https://instagr.am/p/B7bdckuDhlD

reality check (let's do this)#

Econ141
Any word on Bastian Swinney and if he will be back post bye? Any help on the online is welcome!
Shocky1
ucla offensive line recruiting update:

ucla got a worser offensive line than cal, there's a very good chance that by the time the two teams meet in the final game of the season that either quarterback dtr and/or running back chabs is gonna be at the el monte spinal & taquito institute...despite the bruins 6-0 record both of them are taking huge violent hits because of their sorry azz o-line & they don't got any backups at these 2 key positions that have been impressive this season...yeah the shockster is penciling the home game the friday after thanksgiving as a likely win for us in this cali battle

also sharing this view is roderick robinson ii's dad as his 3.7 gpa superstar son flipped from ucla to georgia after last weekend's official visit to athens greece

ucla is ******

this recruitment is gonna change the dynamics of the 2023 cal vs ucla game, this is an utterly devastating flip for the westwood football program...the bruins already worser o-line is gonna lose several senior starters after this season, mark my words the offensive line woes are gonna result in a 3-9 ucla team in 2023

no beef, no wins#
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line injury update:

my apologies bear slice but there's nothing that can shared at this time re: bastian swinney with respects to his availability for the colorado game...the 6'6" 310 lbs guard/center got a personal trainer hot moms & a bad azz looking dad from edina which is where all the rich people live in minnesota, it's also home to the blue blood interlachen which is my 2nd favorite course in the twin cities after the fantastic white bear yacht club which was the inspiration for f scott fitzgerald's the great gatsby...yeah shocks likes to gaze at the blue light across the water at nite too like j while thinking of that yoga girl with a tight azz while yesterday leaks thru the roof

the right foot for right guard spencer lovell has not sufficiently healed enough to allow him to play this saturday in boulder, expect coach wilcox to make this announcement tomorrow at his weekly press conference...this is a huge disappointment for the 6'6" 335 lbs ft collins native as this homecoming game has been circled on the calendar forever by his parents kris & scooter lovell & his twin bro noah...spencer will therefore be busy this weekend with his other responsibilities as the lead frontman for before the dawn, do not **** with him

the recovery schedule for true freshman trent ramsey is going well, the 6'5" 285 lbs tackle is expected to weigh 300+ lbs for spring ball with dedication in the s&c program...trent gotta lotta upside despite being involved in a childhood submarine accident in arizona that resulted in him only gotting 4 very disjointed fingers these days, there's zero chance he's ever gonna be asked to snap the ball for the bears

https://instagr.am/p/CXhRgBvuFhk

where's nurse wicked on the midnite shift?#
Big C

"submarine accident"?
Shocky1
big c, don't tell nobody but trent wrote the naval academy's sr 500 operations manual & is an expert in busby manned submersibles

trent ramsey=our nation's covert defense operations highest classified military contractor that don't got a clipped haircut
Shocky1
6'6" 305 lbs jackson brown played aau basketball back in the day, dude got the hops & mobility that the staff is seeking in an impact tackle

cal's monster offensive line is younger than you think#
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line injury update:

my apologies bear slice but there's nothing that can shared at this time re: bastian swinney with respects to his availability for the colorado game...the 6'6" 310 lbs guard/center got a personal trainer hot moms & a bad azz looking dad from edina which is where all the rich people live in minnesota, it's also home to the blue blood interlachen which is my 2nd favorite course in the twin cities after the fantastic white bear yacht club which was the inspiration for f scott fitzgerald's the great gatsby...yeah shocks likes to gaze at the blue light across the water at nite too like j while thinking of that yoga girl with a tight azz while yesterday leaks thru the roof

the right foot for right guard spencer lovell has not sufficiently healed enough to allow him to play this saturday in boulder, expect coach wilcox to make this announcement tomorrow at his weekly press conference...this is a huge disappointment for the 6'6" 335 lbs ft collins native as this homecoming game has been circled on the calendar forever by his parents kris & scooter lovell & his twin bro noah...spencer will therefore be busy this weekend with his other responsibilities as the lead frontman for before the dawn, do not **** with him

the recovery schedule for true freshman trent ramsey is going well, the 6'5" 285 lbs tackle is expected to weigh 300+ lbs for spring ball with dedication in the s&c program...trent gotta lotta upside despite being involved in a childhood submarine accident in arizona that resulted in him only gotting 4 very disjointed fingers these days, there's zero chance he's ever gonna be asked to snap the ball for the bears

https://instagr.am/p/CXhRgBvuFhk

where's nurse wicked on the midnite shift?#

Thanks for the update - crossing fingers to see both swinney and Spencer soon. We just can't ever catch a break on the injury front.

With all the young guys on the team, my only hope is that the rate of improvement for our guys is greater than that of the more experienced teams such that we will be playing our best ball the last 3-4 games of the season.
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

ucla offensive line recruiting update:

ucla got a worser offensive line than cal, there's a very good chance that by the time the two teams meet in the final game of the season that either quarterback dtr and/or running back chabs is gonna be at the el monte spinal & taquito institute...despite the bruins 6-0 record both of them are taking huge violent hits because of their sorry azz o-line & they don't got any backups at these 2 key positions that have been impressive this season...yeah the shockster is penciling the home game the friday after thanksgiving as a likely win for us in this cali battle

also sharing this view is roderick robinson ii's dad as his 3.7 gpa superstar son flipped from ucla to georgia after last weekend's official visit to athens greece

ucla is ******

this recruitment is gonna change the dynamics of the 2023 cal vs ucla game, this is an utterly devastating flip for the westwood football program...the bruins already worser o-line is gonna lose several senior starters after this season, mark my words the offensive line woes are gonna result in a 3-9 ucla team in 2023

no beef, no wins#
Stats check

Rushing offense
UCLA 211.5 ypg 5.49 ypc
Cal 147.4 ypg 4.69 ypc

Sacks allowed
UCLA 6
Cal 16

I will gladly take whatever OL problems the Bruins have right now, over what we are seeing from the Bears. The sack disparity is even more glaring when you consider UCLA has played 6 games while Cal just 5.

Next season is next season and UCLA could have a much worse OL than this season. But at this point in time saying UCLA's OL is worse than Cal is certainly not fact based.

And if Robinson does indeed go to Georgia it will hurt UCLA. He was being expected to be the lead back next season for the Bruins. However UCLA did get Charbonnet from the transfer portal so who knows what RB they land from the portal.

At this point I am much more concerned about what Cal can do to improve on this years OL performance. And keep the young stud RB Ott from ending up in the portal.
Shocky1
Chapman_is_Gone said:

I'm a bit confused. Who is the rather homely woman with a kind of dead nothingness to her eyes and facial expression who keeps showing up in this thread? Is she somehow related to the Cal football team?
chapman=the north bay's zodiac killer/stalker

beware of creepy azz angry white guys that hate women#
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line exclusive tmz footage:

not gonna lie, this morning's game planning staff meeting in the football team conference room in memorial stadium for this saturday's game against colorado turned into a real ****show

this is off the record but this is what happened, ok?

the meeting started with billy m (he don't good hair) sitting at the head of the table making a blockbuster announcement: he don't give 2 ***** that future nfl hall of fame defensive mastermind marv lewis has told shocky multiple times that "cal is the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against" because we don't attack the middle third of the field with a vertical downfield passing game

beth-tafolla voetsch confirmed this is true

that's when the 2 gingered haired bros in the meeting just lost it, mike saffell & coach wilcox did not take this news well at all, they started crying like candy azz soft little girls

at that point the shockster tried to explain without a socially acceptable filter (as usual) whose fault it is but it was too late, nobody was listening to nobody

when mikey hurled on the carpet, benji got the mop & he was not happy (saffell has been disinvited to all future bbq's)

this is cal football (a messy family)#

socaltownie
Shocky1 said:

what's your goals?#
The best part of this video is the New Yorkers simply walking past Shocky without missing a beat.
The second best part of this is that the man does not understand that bright neon Yellow shoes do not make the man. Fuschia shock, Fuschia or go home.
Take care of your Chicken
socaltownie
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line exclusive tmz footage:

not gonna lie, this morning's game planning staff meeting in the football team conference room in memorial stadium for this saturday's game against colorado turned into a real ****show

this is off the record but this is what happened, ok?

the meeting started with billy m (he don't good hair) sitting at the head of the table making a blockbuster announcement: he don't give 2 ***** that future nfl hall of fame defensive mastermind marv lewis has told shocky multiple times that "cal is the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against" because we don't attack the middle third of the field with a vertical downfield passing game

beth-tafolla voetsch confirmed this is true

that's when the 2 gingered haired bros in the meeting just lost it, mike saffell & coach wilcox did not take this news well at all, they started crying like candy azz soft little girls

at that point the shockster tried to explain without a socially acceptable filter (as usual) whose fault it is but it was too late, nobody was listening to nobody

when mikey hurled on the carpet, benji got the mop & he was not happy (saffell has been disinvited to all future bbq's)

this is cal football (a messy family)#

To be fair that is absolutely by design. Vertical attacks over the middle increase Int risks expoentially as it takes amazing scheme, great protection and a very accurate passer to avoid safety help and the pick. With Jusin you have a HC who is committed to the idea of reducing turnovers and grinding out 17 to 12 wins. Yes. Boring football but you can go through a gazillion OCs and that is always going to be the case.

(That said - we don't run nearly enough seam routes with TE - but I bet if I watched the film that is a lot of the times because we keep 6 in for pass protection - sometimes 7.
Take care of your Chicken
mbBear
Well clearly it's about having a daughter to post about..
SBGold
socaltownie said:

Shocky1 said:

what's your goals?#
The best part of this video is the New Yorkers simply walking past Shocky without missing a beat.
The second best part of this is that the man does not understand that bright neon Yellow shoes do not make the man. Fuschia shock, Fuschia or go home.
For sure, NYers have seen everything.

Taylor is inspiring
Shocky1
mbBear said:

this is 100% accurate

mb, do you got any children from any baby mama(s) or something?

KenBurnski
Did you guys enjoy some nice meals in NYC?
Shocky1
Big C said:

With all the scholarships we've been investing at the DE/LB positions, it's only a matter of time before we one day get that "apex predator" we've been looking for.

In other news, it's very likely that NorCal is gonna have a major earthquake,,, some time in the next forty years.
official cal's monster offensive line message to coach so'oto:

mana'olana vic

as a new assistant coach to the staff, coach wilcox has asked me to coach you up & share with you the following tutorial re: the hierarchy (from the weakest to the strongest) of the survival of the fittest with respects to your room, ok?

defense players

outside linebackers/defensive ends (that's where your room is right now)

edge defenders

destructive impact sack artists

apex predators

violent ******* apex predators that walk the earth alone

did you **** somebody up today?#

NYCGOBEARS
Shocky1 said:

mbBear said:

this is 100% accurate

mb, do you got any children from any baby mama(s) or something?

Shocky has every right to post about his daughter. She seems like a lovely person who's living out her dreams. Bravo to her. Bashing her is so beneath anyone here. Just stop.
Shocky1
Shocky1
socaltownie said:

To be fair that is absolutely by design. Vertical attacks over the middle increase Int risks expoentially as it takes amazing scheme, great protection and a very accurate passer to avoid safety help and the pick. With Jusin you have a HC who is committed to the idea of reducing turnovers and grinding out 17 to 12 wins. Yes. Boring football but you can go through a gazillion OCs and that is always going to be the case.

(That said - we don't run nearly enough seam routes with TE - but I bet if I watched the film that is a lot of the times because we keep 6 in for pass protection - sometimes 7.
astute analysis as always from socaltownie straight outta the gaslamp district's legoland

the bears got 2 coaches in geep & billy m who were offensive coordinators in the national ******* football league, it is truly mind boggling that they still haven't figured out yet that opposing defensive coordinators like marv lewis know they won't attack with vertical downfield passing routes the middle third of the field & therefore sometimes don't even both to cover the tight end on seam routes

just ask jake tonges who is slow as **** compared to keleki latu
https://www.secsports.com/video/27668018/garbers-4th-td-pass-60-yard-score

do geep & billy m got alzheimer's or something?#
First Page Last Page
Page 7 of 286

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.