cal's monster offensive line

1,744,608 Views | 10816 Replies | Last: 2 hrs ago by Econ141
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
congrats on the state championship, austin boyd, luv seeing #78 get the respect & appreciation of a lifetime from his teammates

let's roll baby (to berkeley)#
HoopDreams
Shocky1
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line:

don't miss jim mcgill's fun & informative post practice interview with true freshmen sioape vatikani & jackson brown
https://bearinsider.com/s/3394/bear-insider-video-cal-ol-jackson-brown-and-sioape-vatikani

these guys are so articulate & jim does a great job of drawing out wonderful fabrics of live insights like jackson's moms crying tears of happiness after watching her son for the 1st time on the field down in south central and sioape's wise beyond years substitute yoga teacher like advice that re: the importance of "taking care of yourself whether its your body physically or your mind mentally"

namaste sioape
Shocky1
Shocky1
Goobear
Saw the team yesterday with my son. Shocky you don't know what you don't know. Entertaining you are.
Go Bears!
oskidunker
Shocky1 said:

current salaries:

mark fox, cal's men's basketball head coach-$1,900,000+
james knowlton-cal's athletic director-almost $1,000,000
sean woods-southern university men's basketball coach-$125,000
ryan price-southern assistant basketball coach-$48,000
peter cipriano-southern assistant basketball coach-$45,000
jethro hillman-southern assistant basketball coach-$41,000

con games pay good (watch the moving shells)#

Shocky, is there any chance Fox is fired before the end of the year? What is your prediction? End of year? Next year? Thanks . Also listening to Fox it seems something medically is wrong with him. Whst do you think?
Go Bears!
Shocky1
Goobear said:

Saw the team yesterday with my son. Shocky you don't know what you don't know. Entertaining you are.
Go Bears!

luv u wilhelm (tho joni is more fun than u) but our last conversation wuz u defending billy m telling me that he got great "gravitas" on the recruiting trail, do u still feel that way?

still don't got no idea what u talking about but that's ok, u don't know what u don't know

kinda curious if ur son got a friendly deep rooted competitive rivalry with cal's future head coach in waiting?

thx u for telling me that ima "entertaining," my rescue/foster dogs feel that way 2 that's why they kiss me on the lips tho they don't always got good hygiene but that's ok

if ur on the field pregame (i'll introduce u around), let's chat or something

"gravitas" (thanksgiving don't be a turkey sauce in the netherlands???)#
Shocky1
oskidunker said:

Shocky1 said:

current salaries:

mark fox, cal's men's basketball head coach-$1,900,000+
james knowlton-cal's athletic director-almost $1,000,000
sean woods-southern university men's basketball coach-$125,000
ryan price-southern assistant basketball coach-$48,000
peter cipriano-southern assistant basketball coach-$45,000
jethro hillman-southern assistant basketball coach-$41,000

con games pay good (watch the moving shells)#
Shocky, is there any chance Fox is fired before the end of the year? What is your prediction? End of year? Next year? Thanks . Also listening to Fox it seems something medically is wrong with him. Whst do you think?
great questions dunker, if i see james arthur knowlton today i will ask him those excellent questions & report back to you, ok?

as a minimum, mark fox should be paying for your berkeley gameday parking costs or something
Shocky1

2023 class unofficial visitors in berkeley today:

sailasa vadrawale: hard hitting fast closing tackler with tight corner coverage skillz from rancho cotate

ryan mcculloch: apex predator edge defender with basketball hoops bounce/mobility

javian thomas: the jet is gonna build his moms a tricked out mansion in the oakland hills once he's earned his berkeley degree

robbie mascheroni: it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's robbie using his length to snag one handed sticky finger passes in the clouds

gameday (wheels up, magic in the air)#
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky...... you on the field???
eastcoastcal
BI collective crowd fundraising for Shocky's bail money tomorrow?
sonofabear51
I'll throw in a couple bucks. LOL
Start Slowly and taper off
HoopDreams

sonofabear51
Very cool!!
Start Slowly and taper off
Shocky1
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

congrats to 6'4" 200 lbs 3.5 gpa (harvard offer) robbie mascheroni jr from campolindo high school on his preferred walk on offer from coach toler

robbie doing the hang in berkeley since he could walk, dad a former rugby player & uncles water polo guys

check out his body control & hands for #28, if his 4.56 40 is accurate he's gonna be in the wide receiver rotation sooner than later

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states (including the caldecott tunnel)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
so shocks is walking to his car in the lower hearst parking lot after celebrating on the bitcoin bankruptcy field tonite & he sees 3 young guys wearing campo sweatshirts, he says hello & asks them if they went to the campo football game friday nite

they say yeah and while we're walking/talking i ask how fast is robbie m?...one guy tells me he's pretty good & that he got defended last nite in their victory by 2023 cal commitment sailasa vardawale who he tells me is really good with lighting quick acceleration to the ball

ask a couple of more questions about robbie m & get kinda vague answers, then the one guy tells me "I'm messing with you, i'm robbie"

all of us get a good laugh at that & he tells me he's gonna take a pwo visit to oregon, try to squeeze in a pwo trip to washington & also take an official visit to uc davis

tole him with all the wide receiver drops tonite he's gonna earn a scholly & be in the playing rotation sooner than later...he really likes coach toler

yeah robbie m is a very likable young man with a mischievous sense of humor

it's a bird, it's a plane, no it's robbie m snagging one handed passes in the clouds
Shocky1
comprehensive cal's monster offensive line update (one stop shopping re: everything you gotta know about the program's most important unit):

the shockster is an invited on the field pregame guest, get us close a couple feet away from the offensive line prep work...steve greatwood looks way more energized than last time i saw him (he looked worn out after the chase garbers epic post game celebration on the field in palo alto) & he's leading the drills while mike saffell works individually with guys showing them hand placements & loudly encouraging them

matthew cindric's dad approaches me on the sidelines & tells me he apologizes for his distracted behavior when speaking with me during the game in boulder...i tell him no worries his son was playing with a significant injury that was underestimated by the staff and that it was a brave & heroic effort under physical duress & tell him we're all good...ask him how's cindo's rehab is going & if he's gonna return next season...he tells me matt's rehab is ahead of schedule & as for returning next season his answer changes everyday...maybe return, maybe check out other potential options, maybe go get a real job, the haas/spieker grad gotta lotta options in life (right now he's in the 1st year of the 2 year masters in education program) but he knows he gotta decide pretty soon his future plans

as mentioned multiple times before, coach wilcox gotta rightsize the o-line room from its current 14 schollys this season to 16 schollys next season (can we maybe live without all the linebackers that never get any snaps?)...this is my accounting for the 14 scholly offensive lineman today during pregame drills

1st team:

left tackle: brayden rhome
left guard: ben coleman
center: brian driscoll
right guard: sioape vatikani
right tackle: tj session

2nd team:

left tackle: jackson brown
left guard: everett johnson
center: dylan jemtegad
right guard: ender aguilar
right tackle: trent ramsey

matthew cindric & spencer lovell are walking around in work out gear close to the action

bastian swinney & ryan lange are nowhere in my site

so then the monster is in the tunnel during the minutes leading up to the team charging the field, the atmosphere is ******* electric...guys are screaming & dancing around...then jaydn ott comes running up the back of the tunnel doing a marshawn kinda bow legged jaunt, he's got a boombox playing x rated rap that would probably offend most uptight people, all the players move aside & he moves to the front of the pumped up pack with his music...this **** is getting live

major donor (an oligopolist who is also attracted to a curvy brunette yoga/ballet female) tells me once i get back to my usual 50 yard line seat that jaydn lives in one of the two houses he bought for the program & that he easily got the cleanest/most organized room of them all...this is truly an amazing young man for reasons that go far beyond anything he can do on a football field

sitting behind me is former cal bear/bishop o'dowd grad langston walker who started 82 games during an 8 year offensive tackle career in the national football league & his charming wife & young daughter (who is impressed with my adroit patty cake hand skills during timeouts)...we know a lotta of the same dragons & he shares his nfl insights with me

basically langston walker doesn't think the o-line blocking in vertical sets (hand not in the ground, usually favored by spread offenses & not run heavy programs) is a schematic problem but thinks next season the quarterbacks should take a majority of the snaps under center & that play calling should involve way more pitch outs to jaydn ott specifically to the wide side of the field which is something i've been advocating for all season...some of the happiest moments in my life involve watching javid & marshawn taking pitchouts to the ******* house

then the monster storms the field with thousands of other ebullient california golden bears fans, this is truly the magic of cal football & this can never ever be replicated by watching on tv

1st conversation is with brian driscoll, tell him despite his couple of penalties tonite that i loved his passion tonite in playing with his hair on fire and that he did a great job of moving his attitude from la jolla to national city which makes him laugh...brian tells me "it really hurt like **** to be on the sidelines last season against stanford so tonite really feels good"

2nd conversation is with ben coleman, tell him that his micd up video from earlier this season was totally funny, he got a beaming smile & introduces me to his girlfriend who apparently is a great latina chef with mexican dishes...his dad wanders over & i ask him if he's gonna return next season...he tells me "we're gonna look at everything but that's the plan right now"

3rd conversation is with trent ramsey & his family...tell him that i luv his high school signing day foto that makes him look like he only got 4 totally disjointed fingers & that he's never gonna be able to grip a football to ever long snap...that makes him laugh & ramsey shows me his 10 paws which i then count out loud, that's good news...ask trent how much he weighs right now & how much would he ideally like to weigh this spring when he competes for a starting tackle position...he tells me that right now he's 285 lbs but that he would like to weigh 305 lbs this spring...his dad chimes in & tell me his ideal weight is 310 lbs...trent, listen to ur smart dad, ok

the difference between a 9-10 victory 2023 season & a 9-10 loss 2023 season is gonna be determined by cal's monster offensive line

but there can be absolutely no doubt that the shockster luvs each & every one of them and the passion/dedication they bring every single ******* day while toiling in obscurity

hopefully goobear will weigh in with his 2 cents (or the netherland's currency equivalent) re: cal's monster offensive line

let's roll, baby (magical saturday nite for the ages at memorial stadium)#
Shocky1

jack plummer's moms & dad told me postgame that the decision to return to berkeley next season is 100% his decision but they did acknowledge there might not be a lot of nfl draft interest right now at this point in his development, gotta clean up the 2 up for grab interception decisions

jack is a true leader who is respected by his teammates for the pounding he takes & would most likely lead the 2023 bears to a bowl game if he decides to fine-tune his craft another season while completing a 2nd year of the academically easy as **** cert program before pursuing the nfl

plummer's moms & dad will not be at the ucla game next friday at memorial stadium, they equally attend their quarterback sons so next friday they gonna be at the asu vs arizona game to support their wildcat son will who is buried on the depth chart behind the punk azz de laura
Shocky1

jumping the wall (running to the epicenter of the university, midfield at memorial stadium, where were u?)#
Shocky1
JB was a Chieftain said:

yeah jb, how about u?
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky1 said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

yeah jb, how about u?

Unfortunately no! My 5 year olds "under the sea" bday party was happening. Got to watch the game with my pops who went to Cal and give him the "five laterals & a trombone" book on the 40th anniversary of him being at that game. Special moment. My daughter had plenty of presents to keep her occupied. Glad you got to experience the joy even if just for 1 night! Go bears
Shocky1

understood jb, plz tell ur daughter that ima also a huge fan of the butt hurt incommunicado arielle the little mermaid too

under the sea#

Shocky1
the origins of last nite's successful student body section chant, gotta amp it up a bit more vs ucla
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CinJIYorcYG
not sure who runs faster, the jet or robbie m, but one thing is for sure, robbie m's mouth definitely got wheels

shut up, shocky#

Shocky1

off to the races (bacardi chasers, cipriani's basement)#
Big C

You tell a mean story, shocky, as ever. This one ameliorated some of the pain and frustration. The Bear will come back stronger, next year!

(47th consecutive BG, for me, not counting 2020)
Goobear
Shocky1 said:

comprehensive cal's monster offensive line update (one stop shopping re: everything you gotta know about the program's most important unit):

the shockster is an invited on the field pregame guest, get us close a couple feet away from the offensive line prep work...steve greatwood looks way more energized than last time i saw him (he looked worn out after the chase garbers epic post game celebration on the field in palo alto) & he's leading the drills while mike saffell works individually with guys showing them hand placements & loudly encouraging them

matthew cindric's dad approaches me on the sidelines & tells me he apologizes for his distracted behavior when speaking with me during the game in boulder...i tell him no worries his son was playing with a significant injury that was underestimated by the staff and that it was a brave & heroic effort under physical duress & tell him we're all good...ask him how's cindo's rehab is going & if he's gonna return next season...he tells me matt's rehab is ahead of schedule & as for returning next season his answer changes everyday...maybe return, maybe check out other potential options, maybe go get a real job, the haas/spieker grad gotta lotta options in life (right now he's in the 1st year of the 2 year masters in education program) but he knows he gotta decide pretty soon his future plans

as mentioned multiple times before, coach wilcox gotta rightsize the o-line room from its current 14 schollys this season to 16 schollys next season (can we maybe live without all the linebackers that never get any snaps?)...this is my accounting for the 14 scholly offensive lineman today during pregame drills

1st team:

2nd team:

matthew cindric & spencer lovell are walking around in work out gear close to the action

so then the monster is in the tunnel during the minutes leading up to the team charging the field, the atmosphere is ******* electric...guys are screaming & dancing around...then jaydn ott comes running up the back of the tunnel doing a marshawn kinda bow legged jaunt, he's got a boombox playing x rated rap that would probably offend most uptight people, all the players move aside & he moves to the front of the pumped up pack with his music...this **** is getting live

major donor (an oligopolist who is also attracted to a curvy brunette yoga/ballet female) tells me once i get back to my usual 50 yard line seat that jaydn lives in one of the two houses he bought for the program & that he easily got the cleanest/most organized room of them all...this is truly an amazing young man for reasons that go far beyond anything he can do on a football field

sitting behind me is former cal bear/bishop o'dowd grad langston walker who stared 82 games during an 8 year offensive tackle career in the national football league & his charming wife & young daughter (who is impressed with my adroit patty cake hand skills during timeouts)...we know a lotta of the same dragons & he shares his nfl insights with me

basically langston walker doesn't think the o-line blocking in vertical sets (hand not in the ground, usually favored by spread offenses & not run heavy programs) is a schematic problem but thinks next season the quarterbacks should take a majority of the snaps under center & that play calling should involve way more pitch outs to jaydn ott specifically to the wide side of the field which is something i've been advocating for all season...some of the happiest moments in my life involve watching javid & marshawn taking pitchouts to the ******* house

then the monster storms the field with thousands of other ebullient california golden bears fans, this is truly the magic of cal football & this can never ever be replicated by watching on tv

1st conversation is with brian driscoll, tell him despite his couple of penalties tonite that i loved his passion tonite in playing with his hair on fire and that he did a great job of moving his attitude from la jolla to national city which makes him laugh...brian tells me "it really hurt like **** to be on the sidelines last season against stanford so tonite really feels good"

2nd conversation is with ben coleman, tell him that his micd up video from earlier this season was totally funny, he got a beaming smile & introduces me to his girlfriend who apparently is a great latina chef with mexican dishes...his dad wanders over & i ask him if he's gonna return next season...he tells me "we're gonna look at everything but that's the plan right now"

3rd conversation is with trent ramsey & his family...tell him that i luv his high school signing day foto that makes him look like he only got 4 totally disjointed fingers & that he's never gonna be able to grip a football to ever long snap...that makes him laugh & ramsey shows me his 10 paws which i then count out loud, that's good news...ask trent how much he weighs right now & how much would he ideally like to weigh this spring when he competes for a starting tackle position...he tells me that right now he's 285 lbs but that he would like to weigh 305 lbs this spring...his dad chimes in & tell me his ideal weight is 310 lbs...trent, listen to ur smart dad, ok

the difference between a 9-10 victory 2023 season & a 9-10 loss 2023 season is gonna be determined by cal's monster offensive line

but there can be absolutely no doubt that the shockster luvs each & every one of them and the passion/dedication they bring every single ******* day while toiling in obscurity

hopefully goobear will weigh in with his 2 cents (or the netherland's currency equivalent) re: cal's monster offensive line

Hey Shocky good to see you in the stands. We were also supposed to be on the field pre game but Steussi got the wrong envelope with field passes and didn't return it. Didn't want to bother you in the stands other than saying hello. My son and I spoke to Greatwood at length the day before and can't go over details other than that he invited my son to go skiing with him in Bend. I have never seen it this busy in Berkeley since we became part of the Cal family. It was nuts everywhere. My daughter was happy Cal won although she got her masters from Furd. Happy fans on the plane back home where we learned certain moves have been solidified supposedly….

Go Bears!
89Bear
Goobear said:

Shocky1 said:

1st team:

2nd team:

sitting behind me is former cal bear/bishop o'dowd grad langston walker who stared 82 games during an 8 year offensive tackle career in the national football league & his charming wife & young daughter (who is impressed with my adroit patty cake hand skills during timeouts)...we know a lotta of the same dragons & he shares his nfl insights with me

Hey Shocky good to see you in the stands. We were also supposed to be on the field pre game but Steussi got the wrong envelope with field passes and didn't return it. Didn't want to bother you in the stands other than saying hello. My son and I spoke to Greatwood at length the day before and can't go over details other than that he invited my son to go skiing with him in Bend. I have never seen it this busy in Berkeley since we became part of the Cal family. It was nuts everywhere. My daughter was happy Cal won although she got her masters from Furd. Happy fans on the plane back home where we learned certain moves have been solidified supposedly….

Go Bears!

Goo, I know you can't say much, but do you mean offensive hirings are coming together?
Goobear
After much deliberation Wilcox agreed with Shocky that my two Dutch cents are worthless and that I was out of the running for the OC and Oline Coaching Positions.
89Bear
What I predicted.
Shocky1
hey goo, great fist bumping u our greetings, sorry we didn't talk but wuz not sure if you wanted to be bothered or not by the monster

u should sue steussie for breach of promise or something

clearly ur daughter is smarter than her dad, congrats

clue: goo & shocky r not gonna be the next offensive coordinator and/or offensive line coach, coach wilcox is looking elsewhere which is a kinda dumb azz move but the reality is that he's the head ******* football coach so he gets to make those decisions particularly after beating stanford

they got brunettes in the netherlands, who knew? (de pan & koninkiijke haagsche are the 2 best golf courses in the netherlands)#
Goobear
All good Shocky. It turned out to be an epic 4 th quarter. The entire day was nuts. Never seen anything like it since we became part of Cal Football. You would think it shouldn't be that hard to have a full house like this 7 times a year. Invest and they will come.
Shocky1
100% agreed, there is absolutely no reason that cal football can't sell out the majority of the games at memorial stadium given that the raiders are in las vegas, the 49ers are too far away for those in the north & east bays, the a's got one foot out the door to the strip too & u gotta be a silicon valley venture capitalist to afford tixs for a family to the giants and warriors games in san francisco

but the reality is that james arthur knowlton hired someone as the chief marketing & communications officer who has NEVER worked for an organization that sells football tixs, can u believe it?...she also hasn't responded to my email yet offering to discuss revenue/branding suggestions, guess she got all the answers

the cal football experience should be a sold out deal that welcomes everybody (a focal point of cal's monster class wuz welcoming those without berkeley degrees to the all inclusive tent, cal is the #1 ranked PUBLIC university in the world) for an affordable & fun day/night at memorial stadium & haas pavillion

and maybe they can let the truly great cal band play all our favorites & tell the annoying as **** field promotions announcer to take the day off or something

goo, looking forward to talking to u next time our paths cross, since we both got the same probation officer that shouldn't be no problemo

gimme the goods half the action (u get the chance to getaway, for me its too late)#
First Page Last Page
Page 22 of 310

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.