cal's monster offensive line

1,532,775 Views | 9985 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
NVBear78
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

5'11" 184 lbs malone matele, utah's starting cornerback (4 starts this season, 5 starts last season & 2 starts in the covid shortened 2020 season) entered the portal on monday & received an offer from the 3 musketeers (the felonious takers law firm of brown, watson & brown) today

matele is a cali kid & played at santa margarita high school before heading to salt lake city, our old staff offered him in 2017 in due to his +1 athleticism & 3.5 gpa, he's not a dumb azz

check out this video, like most utes defensive backs he plays with extreme physicality which has been lacking this season from the bears corners & nickels which outside of lu & jeremiah have not delivered big hits in the run game or been opportunistic with interceptions

malone is graduating from utah with a major in sociology & got 1 year of remaining eligibility

yeah cal is earning a reputation with poly true student athletes who wanna play in the diverse san francisco bay area while pursuing their nfl aspirations, malone could be that impact nickel back that starts game 1 next september

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states (including its territories such as placentia, tonga, tuvalu, samoa, vanuatu & the solomon islands)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

talofa#

I like this db a lot but….

Will he be like the DLS linebacker a few years back who allegedly loved Cal but transfered instead to Alabama?

Or…..

Will he see all the DB's Cal has put in the NFL under Wilcox who started as three star recruits???

Enquiring minds want to know his motivation?
Shocky1
nv, probably as simple as he wants a clear path to starting duties in his final year of college football preferably on the west coast at a school with a world class academic reputation for life after football & that he's tired of the freezing azz utah winters, why would anybody wanna live in 30 degree weather unless ur a penguin or something?
https://instagr.am/p/CUX4soRABh3
malone is kinda tall to be a penguin#
NVBear78
Shocky1 said:

nv, probably as simple as he wants a clear path to starting duties in his final year of college football preferably on the west coast at a school with a world class academic reputation for life after football & that he's tired of the freezing azz utah winters, why would anybody wanna live in 30 degree weather unless ur a penguin or something?
https://instagr.am/p/CUX4soRABh3
malone is kinda tall to be a penguin#

Thats all well and good Shocky but where did you find that unseen video of the Stanfurd band dressed as penguins?
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line 2023 recruiting update:

6'5" 315 lbs keyshawn blackstock the nation's #1 ranked interior lineman in junior college has been offered by the staff, he plays with devastating strength & mobility

blackstock is originally from covington georgia & is graduating from coffeeyville community college (kansas) with the intent of matriculating at his next school in january

keyshawn officially visited south carolina last weekend, tripped to illinois on cctober 14th and is scheduled for penn state on december 14th

if this is gonna happen he's gotta accept the invitation to visit the left coast on cal's big december 3rd-4th recruiting weekend

yeah that last guy from georgia jaylen brown who went to berkeley wuz pretty good at yoga

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked university in the united states (including chief knock a homa)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

secret booty on treasure island (don't be a dumb azz)#

Shocky1
utah transfer xavier carlton's most disruptive game as a california golden bear & why daniel scott is gonna get paid in the nfl

don't be a dumb azz (penguins are cold azz)#
SBGold
Let's get him
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

utah transfer xavier carlton's most disruptive game as a california golden bear & why daniel scott is gonna get paid in the nfl

don't be a dumb azz (penguins are cold azz)#
Scott has been good. Makes a lot of plays. Carlton the past few games is beginning to look like the player we hoped we were getting when he transferred. His growth this Spring will be worth watching, He has pass rush ability and the program needs somebody to step forward in that role.

I would like to see Sirmon get a bit more aggressive with the scheme. IMO the defense needs more negative yardage plays. TFLS and sacks are real momentum plays and force teams to leave their play calling comfort zone.
HoopDreams

JB was a Chieftain
HoopDreams said:

Norte Dame ref threw 12 flags for excessive celebration!
Shocky1
happy turkeygivings to all california golden bears including the incommunicado little mermaid from the monster combination pizza hut/taco bell

pineapple & ham slice wit a chicken burrito (what the hell is benji cookin?)
tequila4kapp
Shocky1 said:

tequila, coach wilcox tole me you seemed to play a lot better when you switched from 3 amigos blanco tequila to clase azul 15th anniversary edition, any truth to that?

100% agreed that brayden is playing better at left tackle than right tackle but some of that was because he was playing next to a struggling spencer lovell at right guard early in the season

The real questions are What brand will Joe Kapp drink when Cal finally makes the Rose Bowl, and what will I change my online name to after Joe no longer needs Cal in the RB to drink his Tequila?
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

human resources 101: gotta create a career development path for coach toler & his curvy brunette yoga female

https://instagr.am/p/CQe2subsJFS

bt3#
berkeley high school yellowjacket jackson harris gonna official visit palo alto this weekend & berkeley on the big december 3rd & 4th recruiting weekend...are the cards with already 2 wide receiver commits in the 2023 class gonna trips to flip the uber athlete to safety which is a position of need for them?

bt3 watching bhs#
Shocky1

containing dtr tomorrow will be a point of emphasis, daniel scott is kinda like a reese's pieces, he is unhealthy as **** for opposing quarterbacks

berkeley grad gonna get paid in the nfl#
Shocky1
3.8 gpa true student athlete cade uluave gonna be making the march of the penguins from freezing azz utah to cali's memorial stadium tomorrow to watch his bears attack them bruins in sweater weather
https://instagr.am/p/CermLxwgUM9
this place is warm (let's have an adventure)#

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CjYzsYQgNHY
current scholly wide receivers on the roster (10 players):

jmichael sturdivant (3 years of remaining eligibility after this season, superstar with nfl upside)
jeremiah hunter (2 years, got all the skillz to be all pac 12 in 2023)
mavin anderson (3 years, fleet footed receiver/runner, will breakout next season with new oc)
monroe young (1 year, vastly underrated/underappreciated, best blocker in wr room with great hands)
mason starling (2 years, got all pac 12 potential)
tommy christakos (2 years, leaves his feet on passing attempts, ends up on turf which negates his superior height)
justin richard baker (2 years, punt returner not in the wr rotation unless there are multiple injuries)
mason magnum (3 years, time to just focus on track?)
aiden lee (2 years, injured this season but not likely to gain traction in the playing rotation)
javien plummer (4 years, lots of upside)

preferred walk on wide receivers:
grant daley (3 years, delasalle ballhawk is ahead of half the scholly guys on the depth chart)
kenden robinson jr (1 year, took the long road home)
trond grizzle (3 years, park city native got good size & a great name for a california golden bear)
chris rogers (2 years, acalanes standout put up numbers in high school)

incoming scholly wide receiver:
nyziah hunter (4 years, world class track speed with physicality, watch out, this **** is getting live)

potential incoming scholly wide receiver:
jackson harris (4 years, berkeley high school wr 66 catches for 24 tds & 1427 yards, cal vs stanford decision)

potential incoming pwo wide receiver:
robbie m (4 years, mr big mouth arguably got better hands than anybody in the wr room, big time talent)
WARNING: only super smart/perceptive sleuthing california golden bears (like my detective partner in crime solving harebear) should read this post

even more so than walking on senior day vs stanford, yesterday's california golden bears football epic/emotional tradition of carrying graduating teammates off the field after the season's final practice by their position brothers for life/coaches is a clearer indication of whether they intend to return or not in the fall of 2023

clue #1: monroe young & chris rogers getting carried of the field by coach toler's wr room, you can feel the love

clue #2: previously announced grad transfer kicker nick lopez getting carried off the field by future nfl kicker michael luckhurst

clue #3: quarterback room walking together in the background around the 50 yard line in yellow (plz don't touch/hurt me) jerseys, #13 jack plummer casually talking to his teammates & walking on his own 2 ******* feet

yeah snoopy kinda knows everything (curse you, red baron, u gotta wear colorful vilebrequin at t-rex yoga in yountville), just ask mark bernadetti & miss jones

elementary my dear latina watson (don't be a muy stupido dumb azz when u got a cute azz)#
Shocky1
big 10 vs pac 12 battle in the city by the bay

wheels up, gameday baby, let's roll (bears wanna kiss the bruins goodnite at nobu malibu)#
Shocky1

outside linebacker braxten croteau told me he medically retired from football earlier this season & right now he's focused on finishing up his pre law studies...braxten would prefer to stay in the bay area rather than return to arizona, his brother 6'2" 255 lbs 4.0 gpa offensive lineman braden croteau is committed to idaho state head coach charlie ragle's bengals program

told braxten the most valuable biz school i learned during my time in berkeley was how to deep dive read/analyze a financial statement...the fiercely global worldwide economy that favors the well educated with cal, stanford & ivy league educations (not dumb azzs at kansas that are gonna be working at the topeka truck stop in a couple of years) can be understood thru its dna, financial statements

croteau is a very polite young man & a tremendous representative of a berkeley education

liberty lions r gonna roar (arrrrrrrrrrrr)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

outside linebacker braxton croteau told me he medically retired from football earlier this season & right now he's focused on finishing up his pre law studies...braxton would prefer to stay in the bay area rather than return to arizona, his brother 6'2" 255 lbs 4.0 gpa offensive lineman braden croteau is committed to idaho state head coach charlie ragle's bengals program

told braxton the most valuable biz school i learned during my time in berkeley was how to deep dive read/analyze a financial statement...the fiercely global worldwide economy that favors the well educated with cal, stanford & ivy league educations (not dumb azzs at kansas that are gonna be working at the topeka truck stop in a couple of years) can be understood thru its dna, financial statements

croteau is a very polite young man & a tremendous representative of a berkeley education

liberty lions r gonna roar (arrrrrrrrrrrr)#
Well done, Braxton!!! Thanks for everything!!
Shocky1
ucla bruins 35
cal bears 28

kinda funny moment in the 2nd quarter when james arthur knowlton is making the rounds & he does the meet and greet thing going up the aisle on the 50 yard line (the monster sits on the aisle around the 25th row)

so jimmy "shell game" k talks & sits with a slightly inebriated donor & his ****faced wife in the row ahead of me & in a couple of seats from the aisle for a minute or two...as he gets up while literally 3 feet with me he glances at me & says clearly enough for me to hear "thanks, appreciate the support, trust me i don't let anything written on the bearinsider bother me, i'm deaf to all of that"

can we please be absolutely sure?

go bears

Shocky1

spoke with nick alftin's moms, she's a lotta fun & says nick is open to potentially to returning to the program for a 6th season if a scholly is still available, those talks will happen next week

alftin is the consummate team player & a special teams standout, he's one of those few guys who absolutely loves the game of football & is a true student athlete at the university of california, berkeley for all the right reasons

if nick lived around the corner from me i would definitely trade him a colorful yoga mat for some of his gloves or something

nick alftin=future commissioner of the national football league
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

ucla bruins 35
cal bears 28

kinda funny moment in the 2nd quarter when james arthur knowlton is making the rounds & he does the meet and greet thing going up the aisle on the 50 yard line (the monster sits on the aisle around the 25th row)

so jimmy "shell game" k talks & sits with a slightly inebriated donor & his wife in the row ahead of me & in a couple of seats from the aisle for a minute or two...as he gets up while literally 3 feet with me he glances at me & says clearly enough for me to hear "thanks, appreciate the support, trust me i don't let anything written on the bearinsider bother me, i'm deaf to all of that"

can we please be absolutely sure?

go bears

Who in their right mind, would lend support to that mutt???? Clearly that donor was hammered!!!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster class exclusive footage:

what's your goals?#
89b, just to be 100% transparently clear, shocky is a total mutt of crazy azz origins (that's why he identifies with them rescue/foster dogs & cats that are born under scorpio skies)

and no the shockster is seldom inebriated (unless it's after midnite at toco madera in the foto booth), he'd much rather drink 2 ice cold green bottled perriers...89bs gotta an ironman alcohol constitution

jimmy "shell game" k's behavior can probably be best described as passive aggressive or something, he's not gonna rest until his personal goal of bankrupting cal athletics & building his $125,000,000+ quidditch practice facility and the rest of his empire of dirt makes all of us hurt

Shocky1
cal men's basketball newsflash: 19 turnovers to only 6 assists is not gonna win no games unless ur playing the asu strippers in training tuesday nite league basketball team & that's only cuz they more interested in latisse & hair extensions than backdoor cuts to the hoop

knowton notes: our head coach mark fox is very proud of his team's tremendous strides in becoming diversity certified and perfect record (0-6) this season...and coach fox's wife is very proud of his $1,900,000+ contract that got extended this offseason from 2024 to 2025

forks up (tempe 12)#
Econ141
Shocky1 said:

cal men's basketball newsflash: 19 turnovers to only 6 assists is not gonna win no games unless ur playing the asu strippers in training tuesday nite league basketball team & that's only cuz they more interested in latisse & hair extensions than backdoor cuts to the hoop

knowton notes: our head coach mark fox is very proud of his team's tremendous strides in becoming diversity certified and perfect record (0-6) this season...and coach fox's wife is very proud of his $1,900,000+ contract that got extended this offseason from 2024 to 2025

forks up (tempe 12)#

Knowlton's notes are amazing. Kudos to Fox on keeping up the perfect record. I always like to remind myself that we are in a rebuilding decade. Patience is a virtue.
Shocky1
words of wisdom from econ:

cal athletics are in a decade of rebuilding & looming financial bankruptcy

james arthur knowlton is in a decade of wealth building ($1,200,000+ annually) until 2029 with no accountability

private asset management (con games pay good, gimme the goods)#

Shocky1
cal's monster gameday offensive line update:

what was the #1 most positive takeaway from today's game with ucla?

answer: cal's monster offensive line giving up 0 sacks after yielding only 1 sack vs stanford last week after firing the offensive line coach

what will be the #1 factory that most impacts the program on a go forward basis?

answer: cal's monster offensive line recruiting during the next 45 days of both high school & portal prospects

the shockster is an invited pregame on the field guest, once again steve greatwood is keeping an eye on things (his wife is in town from bend & also watching the action) & mike saffell is working guys thru the pregame prep work enthusiastically encouraging them to vocally encourage each other

this is my accounting for the current 14 scholly o-linemen:

1st team

left tackle: brayden rohme
left guard: ben coleman
center: brian driscoll
right guard: sioape vatikani
right tackle: tj session

2nd team

left tackle: jackson brown
left guard: everett johnson
center: dylan jemtegard
right guard: trent ramsey
right tackle: ender aguilar

spencer lovell is once again walking around in work out gear & is actively mentally engaged in watching the prep work

once again bastian swinney & ryan lange are nowhere in my site for the 2nd week in a row, will be interesting to see if they return for the 2023 spring practices

matthew cindric is also not readily visible, a couple of sources tell me he played the colorado game in major pain, it's possible he may retire from football which would be a major setback

it's very clear during the game that despite the not allowing any sacks that the majority of the lineman on most running plays are being knocked backwards at the line of scrimmage, it's pretty obvious that the current s&c program needs to be revamped specifically for this room by coach johnson...coach wilcox needs to take a leadership position as this ongoing issue of the lack of strength, bend, mobility & quick twitch movements is significantly & negatively impacting the potential upward trajectory of the cal football program

let me repeat, the current s&c program for cal's monster offensive line is not working, yoga is part of the solution, just ask jaylen brown

as stated last week, the difference between a 9-10 victory 2023 team and a 9-10 loss 2023 team is gonna be determined by cal's monster offensive line

we need the announcement of the new offensive line coach, 30-45 days of relentless high school & portal recruiting to rightsize the number of schollys in this room from the current 14 schollys to 16 schollys and a reworking of the s&c program for this room prior to the winter workouts beginning in early january

and a new offensive coordinator that utilizes pitchouts & fake pitchouts to superstar jaydn ott would be a good thing too in making opponents think twice about blitzing the house

cal's monster offensive line (is a work in process)#
Shocky1
listen to the above video clip, even the announcers are fooled by the fake pitch out action & this season's systemic failure to attack the middle 3rd of the field with vertical downfield passing routes which is why marv lewis thinks the bears are "the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against"

"keep them honest by giving it to jaydn ott"

jack & jaydn do a great job selling the fake pitch out

"looking over the middle, j michael sturdivant, touchdown bears!"

r u predictable?#
Shocky1
just spoke to a former bears nfl running back who got my cell number after reaching out to my daughter taylor on social media

in response to the post above he told me that generally speaking pitchouts are most effective with elite speedsters like jaydn ott who can make magic in open space & take it to the ******* house for epic touchdowns runs but that more pitchouts wouldn't been huge difference makers with damien moore & chris brown as starting running backs last season & moore starting the 1st game this season because they're "too slow" so north south quick hitting running playcalls are the best utilization of their talents but also not gonna get much yardage either given the struggles of the offensive line

this is hopefully gonna be the transcript from the interview between coach wilcox & the next offensive coordinator:

coach wilcox: so based upon your review of our team's 2022 game videos, what would be your preference for the best playcalls in our first game vs north texas when we travel to denton in september of 2023?

interviewee: look, first things first, wanted in two states can't move wrong but we gotta emphasize pitchouts and fake pitchouts to our heisman trophy candidate jaydn ott to make sure he gets his 1500+ yards and make opposing teams think twice about blitzing up the middle on almost every play and lighting up jack plummer...we gotta make young children stare at the field in wondrous awe and make the old golden bears remember their favorite memories of a lifetime at memorial stadium when jaydn takes pitchouts in space and is off to the ******* races

coach wilcox: what are you talking about, would you please speak more clearly?

interviewee: cold hearted orb that rules the night, if we don't call pitchouts to jaydn this **** is never gonna get right

coach wilcox: great, got it!...when can you start?...your office is down the hallway
Big C

I found it interesting how our pass blocking noticeably improved over the last few games (run blocking not so much). Pure speculation on my part, but I wonder if Greatwood was able to help them out with technique and/or blocking scheme. The timing points to that as an explanation.

One thing's for sure, the next O-line coach needs to be able to recruit and coach em' up.
Shocky1
big c, there can be zero doubt that the offensive line did play at a significantly higher level the last 2 games allowing only a combined 1 sack & that this can be attributed to the developmental coaching of steve greatwood & the on field hands on technical hand placement detailing, etc/enthusiasm of mike saffell

the next offensive coordinator needs to be somebody that got lots of expertise in coaching up cal's monster offensive line regardless of their salary requirements, now is not the time to try to save a few dollars on this critical hire in order to finance jimmy "shell game" k's quidditch practice facility
Shocky1

Winter Knowlton Notes:

Dear Friends of Cal Athletics,

As I sit here after hockey practice and an exciting Big Game victory, I just want all of you to know that I'm listening to you regarding your goals and dreams for the Cal Athletic Department.

That's why we are 100% focused in working with the Office of Civil Rights and ramping up our DVJIB efforts to ensure our exciting Softball, Sand Volleyball & Quidditch facilities are fully built out with zero compromises along the way to ensure excellence for ALL of our wonderful true student athletes!

Detective Harry Bosch likes to say everyone counts or nobody counts and that's currently being reflected in our football program's search for an offensive coordinator and offensive line coach. We are not going to break the bank for them, ok? We've got a lot of amazing donors with endless patience and pocket books to fund these hires, we're not going to sacrifice the future of Field Hockey and Gymnastics to spend precious departmental funds on these overpriced football coaches.

Men's Basketball coaches led by Mark Fox and hard working staff are working diligently to win a basketball game (and by that I'm not talking about an exhibition match) this season, trust me we've all got Wednesday December 7th circled on our calendars for our exciting match up with Eastern Washington! Since we reported attendance of 1,200 at the last game, we need all of you to represent our California Golden Bears at this match and please also consider doubling your donation to our Holiday Athletic Department Staff Salary Fundraising Drive (we're already 82% of the way to our current goal)!!!

For this notes I would like to profile my latest key departmental hire, Markeisha Everett, Chief Marketing and Communications Officer:

Markeisha comes to us with zero West Coast experience and no real understanding of football game traditions but she did participate in hiring our enthusiastic gameday announcer who in her shrill voice consistently talks over the Cal Band.

Ms. Everett shares my vision that the Communications team of 11 staffers is not overstaffed and not in need or rightsizing, don't you agree that our leading scorer for the Lacrosse team should receive the same communication experience during their time in Berkeley as Jaydn Ott?

Lastly Markeisha is doing a great job of managing her time by not responding to donor emails and also not sitting in on a recent student driven ticket revenue generation/branding meeting in order to check on the Amazon winter sales opportunities in her closed office. Hearing details of failing employees like Vasileios Iliopoulous is not productive in that hearing all that negative feedback would not be consistent with our departmental team goal of deemphasizing football and men's basketball.

I wish you and your loved ones nothing but the best during these joyous Holidays, it truly is the Summer of Love in Berkeley!!!

-James Arthur Knowlton, Athletic Director
Bobodeluxe
"our enthusiastic gameday announcer who in her shrill voice consistently talks over the Cal Band"
rkt88edmo
re: o-line, on top of actual sacks, I'd want to see how many times Plummer hit the turf in the last two games on non-sacks, seemed like he had just enough time that the D wasn't getting free hits on him and drilling him as much.
sycasey
Better play calling also helped Plummer stay upright. We had more more moving pockets, play-action to slow down the rush, quick hitting routes over the middle before the pressure can get there, etc.

All stuff Musgrave should have been doing but wasn't.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

human resources 101: gotta create a career development path for coach toler & his curvy brunette yoga female

https://instagr.am/p/CQe2subsJFS

bt3#
berkeley high school yellowjacket jackson harris gonna official visit palo alto this weekend & berkeley on the big december 3rd & 4th recruiting weekend...are the cards with already 2 wide receiver commits in the 2023 class gonna trips to flip the uber athlete to safety which is a position of need for them?

bt3 watching bhs#
what up jackson?

any news on your official visit to palo alto, r u and omar staples from oakland tech vibing/bonding with the coaches?
https://www.kiro7.com/sports/stanford-coach-david/METQKQSOYDAE7JP7SF24OIHWLY/
First Page Last Page
Page 24 of 286

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.