cal's monster offensive line

1,782,188 Views | 10931 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
HoopDreams
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

Shocky wrote:

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

cal's monster offensive line class#

Martin Tine is the second most famous person from East LA College

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CdObHmbFkB8
monster guess: #10 kinda look like devin askew or an unhappy carrot top
eastcoastcal
Shocks, if Fox was fired and replaced by a coach who you like, would you come to bball games again? Or consider it?
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

Alkiadt said:

Brambles? Good Luck. I could care less who designs it, I drive by it routinely. It will be hotter than hell in the summer, (a huge absence of trees), there's no local lodging (35 minutes to Calistoga, the upper end of the Napa Valley)….. what they're asking for to join sounds stupid high, and the locals won't play it with Hidden Valley next door.

alky, my only idol in life is bill coore, he is the claude monet of golf course architecture & arguably the most gifted architect in the history of the game with the coore & crenshaw timeless & classically minimalist style (no homes, no cart paths, no fake water hazards, no gaps between holes, etc.)

the money behind brambles is cal grad eric berridge, his son charlie is on the golf team...and the club manager is gifted c&c team member james duncan who fully understands the magic of a tightly routed walkable links with your bag over your shoulder without a scorecard

brambles is the most exciting new golf course opening in california since cypress point

Walking 18 in Middletown in July and August will kill a few golfers off.
I don't share your excitement.
Shocky1
alky, what are the summer temps in middletown...looking at a napa county map it seems like it's at elevation, high above a windy road from calistoga, right?...and as a links design with few trees except on the surrounding hillsides, wouldn't the nor cal breezes keep it pleasant on a breezy day?
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

alky, what are the summer temps in middletown...looking at a napa county map it seems like it's at elevation, high above a windy road from calistoga, right?...and as a links design with few trees except on the surrounding hillsides, wouldn't the nor cal breezes keep it pleasant on a windy day?

July and August are routinely in the 98-110 range.
It's hot for walking. And where I see earth movers and equipment working, it's in the middle of that valley. No trees.
Of course a few holes will probably be in those hillsides with trees. Elevation is higher than Calistoga, but not that much. You don't get any coastal fog over Mt St Helena. Or breezes in the summer months. It's hot and still. Mt St Helena is the fog barrier that can keep the Napa Valley a little cooler for sure. And Middletown is in Lake County not Napa.

Shocky1
eastcoastcal said:

Shocks, if Fox was fired and replaced by a coach who you like, would you come to bball games again? Or consider it?

eastcoastie, back in the day went to 150+ cal basketball games home & away in a row as the director of recruiting/gameday energy for cal's monster class, got no idea about the future with my recent gravitational pull for animal advocacy here in the desert

but honestly can't see donating a dollar to the athletic department as long as the con artist is around, that's just like burning money in a dumpster behind haas

the fun factor would be the overriding consideration just like it is for you...if it happens you will be my guest sitting on the floor against some villains that are so large they block the sun before we blindly storm the floor after epic victories towards the center of the universe towards a future we can't really see

yeah that's the magic of cal basketball

the walk home (haas will always be my palace, a sacred place of special memories many of them with my daughter taylor)#
Shocky1
Alkiadt said:

Shocky1 said:

alky, what are the summer temps in middletown...looking at a napa county map it seems like it's at elevation, high above a windy road from calistoga, right?...and as a links design with few trees except on the surrounding hillsides, wouldn't the nor cal breezes keep it pleasant on a windy day?
It's hot for walking. And where I see earth movers and equipment working, it's in the middle of that valley. No trees.
Of course a few holes will probably be in those hillsides with trees. Elevation is higher than Calistoga, but not that much. You don't get any coastal fog over Mt St Helena. Or breezes in the summer months. It's hot and still. Mt St Helena is the fog barrier that can keep the Napa Valley a little cooler for sure. And Middletown is in Lake County not Napa.
wow, didn't know any of this, kinda thought it would be like an inland stinson beach summer but apparently not

stop the moving truck (for now)#
eastcoastcal
Shocky1 said:

eastcoastcal said:

eastcoastie, back in the day went to 150+ cal basketball games home & away in a row as the director of recruiting/gameday energy for cal's monster class, got no idea about the future with my recent gravitational pull for animal advocacy here in the desert

but honestly can't see donating a dollar to the athletic department as long as the con artist is around, that's just like burning money in a dumpster behind haas

the fun factor would be the overriding consideration just like it is for you...if it happens you will be my guest sitting on the floor against some villains that are so large they block the sun before we blindly storm the floor after epic victories towards the center of the universe towards a future we can't really see

yeah that's the magic of cal basketball

the walk home (haas will always be my palace, a sacred place of special memories many of them with my daughter taylor)#
us at courtside = +5 points for cal just because of the energy we'd bring + how rattled the opponents would be

maybe if Knowlton keeps running the program into the ground, the attendance will be so sparse they'll start something similar to Bark at the Ballpark so all the few remaining fans can bring their doggies and benji can come to the game

can benji shoot 3s?
Rushinbear
Shocky1 said:

jb, gotta technical question to you as an educator:

do you think high school gpas are the best indicator/predictor (in terms of a single quantifiable metric) of future academic success at the #1 ranked public university in the world?

my whole life has been overly focused on gpas, when my daughters shay & taylor have introduced me to their dates i always ask "what's your gpa?"

if they say they don't know, that's the wrong ******* answer in the monster's world

the other day even asked my new rescue/foster doggy benji what's her gpa when we sat down on a rock during a hike up the mountain

she just looked me in the eyes & licked my face, that's the right answer

true love>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>high gpa>>>>>>>>>ged>>>>robbing gas stations with driscoll
the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
Shocky1

eastcoastie, benji is probably not much of a 3 point shooting threat (but then again neither is the #323 team in the nation in shooting treys)
https://www.ncaa.com/stats/basketball-men/d1/current/team/152/p7
Shocky1
Rushinbear said:

the best predictor of future behavior is past behavior.
russian, thx goodness then academically for the sec
Goobear
Bistro Jeanty is worth moving to Yountville for.
Go Bears!
Bowlesman80
Shocky1 said:

Alkiadt said:

Shocky1 said:

wow, didn't know any of this, kinda thought it would be like an inland stinson beach summer but apparently not

stop the moving truck (for now)#

You should consider the Salinas area. And, yeah, there's golf.
"Just win, baby."
WalterSobchak
A luxury golf resort in Middletown? What's next, Domingo and Carreras at Konocti?
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
WalterSobchak
Congratulations to the Monster on reaching page 69

Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/calegendsdonate/donate-football/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

the other day even asked my new rescue/foster doggy benji what's her gpa when we sat down on a rock during a hike up the mountain

true love>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>high gpa>>>>>>>>>ged>>>>robbing gas stations with driscoll

mysteries of love re: cal's monster offensive line:

will wonders never cease but got no idea why new best friend benji wuz given a male name at the rescue/foster adoption facility

perhaps the greatest gift of the berkeley experience is learning to appreciate other people/creatures exactly the way they are, not tryna change them into ur vision of a perfect world...people who are constantly disappointed in others/their relationships is often because they wanna change others which is neither healthy or realistic, life is not linear

so ima not gonna change my pretty girl benji's authentically beautifully name to some dumb girly azz name, got it?

but make no mistake about it the monster is working on changing the work ethic of cal's monster offensive line, that's why me & driscoll spent last week robbing gas stations as we moved his attitude from la jolla to national city...last season's chill vibe in the o-line room reflected the cali west coast congeniality of the good natured angus mcclure

and so other than the smashmouth arizona game with poly bad azz sioape running down the field doing the haka chop chop hand dance during jaydn ott's electric touchdown runs of 72 & 73 yards the bears o-line played candy azz soft almost all season

so what needs to happen in berkeley?

this offseaon's cal's monster offensive line mindset & relentless work ethic needs to reflect the texas based disciplined quest for greatness of the new king of the hill coach mike bloesch...and it should be pointed out that guerrilla warfare toughness is exactly how future head coach in waiting undersized non stop motor mike saffell (and his running mate addy) played back in the day

let's go, let's ******* do this, let's **** up the guys in front of us
Shocky1
walter, the goal of cal's monster offensive line is not to reach 69 pages, it's to rush for 300+ yards in both the north texas opener in nasty humid azz denton & epic sec showdown against auburn at memorial stadium next september, r u gonna be there?
Shocky1
Goobear said:

Go Bears!
https://instagr.am/p/Ci_dSkmLdOv
bistro jeanty is now on the next napa valley itinerary willem but if the flamiche aux paireaux is absolute dog food (kinda like fish nite in the berkeley dorms) can the monster send u the bill for reimbursement?
Shocky1
Bowlesman80 said:

You should consider the Salinas area. And, yeah, there's golf.

bowlesly, don't wanna offend electric playmaker nyziah hunter but shocky is not a fan of the smell of agriculture but he is a fan of 70+ yard receptions at memorial stadium in berkeley during the upcoming 2023 season

Big C
Shocky1 said:

do you think high school gpas are the best indicator/predictor (in terms of a single quantifiable metric) of future academic success at the #1 ranked public university in the world?

my whole life has been overly focused on gpas, when my daughters shay & taylor have introduced me to their dates i always ask "what's your gpa?"

if they say they don't know, that's the wrong ******* answer in the monster's world

I'll take this one, until jb checks in...

High school GPA is probably the single best predictor of success at Cal, but even better would be to look at a holistic profile. So many variables with GPA:

- different schools and different teachers within a school grade differently
- a kid can have one bad semester, or year, for a variety of reasons, that could wreck his/her GPA
- some kids, usually because their parents didn't go to college, never figured out how to "do" school

If I were considering a student-athlete's prospects for academic success, I might look beyond GPA to see if he/she had done SOMETHING to indicate the possibility of future success... test scores... overcoming hardships... holding down a part-time job during school, etc. There needs to be some evidence of likely future academic success.
WalterSobchak
Shocky1 said:

walter, the goal of cal's monster offensive line is not to reach 69 pages, it's to rush for 300+ yards in both the north texas opener in nasty humid azz denton & epic sec showdown against auburn at memorial stadium next september, r u gonna be there?
Denton nope; CMS always.

Eastern Oregon Bear
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster class (2032 prospect, stormin' the floor)#
Great video! $10,000 goes a lot farther in Minot. He should get a lot for his money if he doesn't save it for college. Back around 1978, I had a fellow Bowlesman sink a half court shot during halftime at Harmon. All he got was dinner for two at McDonalds. It was at least a McDonalds in Honolulu though. He gave it to his parents. Funny thing was that he said he just KNEW he would get picked to do the shot and had been practicing from half court for 2-3 months before hand.
Shocky1
Eastern Oregon Bear said:

Great video! $10,000 goes a lot farther in Minot. He should get a lot for his money if he doesn't save it for college. Back around 1978, I had a fellow Bowlesman sink a half court shot during halftime at Harmon. All he got was dinner for two at McDonalds. It was at least a McDonalds in Honolulu though. He gave it to his parents. Funny thing was that he said he just KNEW he would get picked to do the shot and had been practicing from half court for 2-3 months before hand.

thx for sharing oregonian, sure hope ur sharpshooting buddy's parents got this kinda tasty looking meal & not a happy (to find a bathroom) meal

these days anybody in the islands would do well to check with stanley mckenize, fatu & muelu iosefa, marquise montgomery or koream bear before dining at the combo taco bell/pizza hut near diamond head

shocky & his sister (competed in maui's iron woman competition) wuz raised by a tiger mom in marin who never let us eat micky d growing up, getting a grape fanta soft drink was kinda like a b-day present or something...that's probably where a lotta of the monster's clean eating habits come from in retrospect

my favorite micky d meal of all time wuz on a golf trip in nova scotia with slim wadie on our way to canada's only masterpiece golf course, coore & crenshaw's ethereal cabot cliffs...we stopped in halifax & slim wadie insisted we go thru the drive thru for a mclobster sandwich which wuz quite tasty & the only thing on the menu for something like 18 bucks (canadian)

nanea i kau pa'ina

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including mama's fish house)#

SBGold
I actually kind of like Vacaville, it has a Costco and Heretic Brewing close by
SBGold
Goobear said:

Go Bears!
For sure, Model N bakery though. Don't sleep on it
SBGold
Shocky1 said:

kai milner is not at nau because coach spav didn't like his tapes, he's in flagstaff because of his little league dad dwayne (who told me he "sold" beau baldwin on offering a scholly to spencer brasch to come to berkeley)

northern arizona university=#1 ranked school in coconino county
I don't think Kai will do much at NAU honestly, the practices I saw him at last year he was check down Charlie, Plummer pushed the ball down the field
SBGold
JB was a Chieftain said:

Shocky1 said:

SBGold said:

Shocky1 said:

Shockster, are you really moving to Yountville? If so, I'll have to meet you at the Model N bakery someday. Great English muffins there

https://instagr.am/p/CkL4gSLJYyf
goldy, what is the current water supply situation in yountville, how many miles is it to berkeley & most importantly does management of the model bakery allow new employees (shocky got some ocd tendencies & is very good at cleaning dishes, sweeping up, greeting guests with a warm smile, changing the doggie water dishes, etc.) off on california golden bears gamedays?

https://instagr.am/p/Cn2GKTMpXyO

Shocky, I know it aint no green drink but the Model Bakery Asiago Bread Loaf has the same euphoric experience as storming the court (ive never stormed the court because aint no courtside seats on a teacher salary)
Hell to the yes
JB was a Chieftain
Shocky1 said:

Great question. I teach out in the ultra competitive Doughtery Valley in San Ramon. Continually ranked as one of the top public schools in California. Out here GPAs mean everything but not to me as an educator. To me it is more about the drive and passion a student has then whether the get 4.0+ GPAs. I've talked to many students who have returned throughout the years. Students from all races, religions, socio-economic backgrounds, etc. and the one constant I see with those "successful" students is drive and passion. Give me the kid who is not naturally gifted and works their azz off than a spoon fed kid who is handed everything. Part of the problem with GPA is that it varies from school to school. Kinda like Stanford grade inflation. An A from one school is not the same as an A from another school. You have to look at the whole student! I preach to my students about being good citizens who care for their peers and their community over being the top of the class and top GPA students. I talk about my 2 best friends who never went to college but had a drive and passion early on and now are successful at EBMUD & Independent Electric. GPA's meant nothing to them and they turned into successful members of society who help make this world a better place.
Sorry for the long winded rambling answer but I don't believe GPA is the be all end all.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

right now the bears got 27 scholly departures (with more on the way):

daniel scott, safety...out of eligibility
odua isibor, edge defender...out of eligiblity
jamieson sheahan, punter...out of eligilbity
braxton croteau, outside linebacker...medical retirement
ryan lange, guard...football retirement
kyle smith, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ryan puskas, inside linebacker...portal as grad transfer
orin patu, edge defender...grad transfer to arizona
patrick histake, edge defender...portal to hawaii...no berkeley degree
henry ikahihifo, outside linebacker...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
femi oladejo, linebacker...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
trey paster, linebacker...portal as grad transfer
ben coleman, guard...grad transfer to asu
spencer lovell, guard...grad transfer to kansas
nick alftin, tight end...portal as grad transfer
keleki latu, tight end...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
jermaine terry, tight end...portal to oregon state...no berkeley degree
j michael sturdivant...portal to ucla...no berkeley degree
ashton hayes, running back...portal to nevada...no berkeley degree
chris street, running back...portal...no berkeley degree
damien moore, running back...portal to fresno state...no berkeley degree
decarlos brooks, running back...grad transfer portal to asu
slater zellers, longsnapper...grad transfer to asu
dario longhetto, kicker...grad transfer to asu
jack plummer, quarterback...grad transfer to louisville
kai milner, quarterback...portal to northern arizona...no berkeley degree
zach johnson, quarterback...portal as grad transfer

updated for henry ikahihifo, rooting for him, ashton hayes (and his moms) & keleki latu to earn that college degree
Shocky1
kinda weird but it appears that judging by the above foto that ikahihifo is gonna double sport golf & football in reno, that putter is kinda non conventional but whatever so good luck to henry as he balances those sports with his academic work in the school's well regarded (high outplacement success upon graduation) slot machine repair major (which reports higher future hourly wage earnings than the more volatile escort management major)

go wolfpack (shut up, shocky)#
Shocky1

exclusive video footage of shocky stormin' the floor this morning during anton's class at modern yoga, gotta get this **** done rite before the september 9th epic battle with $ec auburn

got animal instincts, the tiger king here (at memorial stadium, r u ready?)#

Rushinbear
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

High school GPA is probably the single best predictor of success at Cal, but even better would be to look at a holistic profile. So many variables with GPA:

- a kid can have one bad semester, or year, for a variety of reasons, that could wreck his/her GPA
- some kids, usually because their parents didn't go to college, never figured out how to "do" school

If I were considering a student-athlete's prospects for academic success, I might look beyond GPA to see if he/she had done SOMETHING to indicate the possibility of future success... test scores... overcoming hardships... holding down a part-time job during school, etc. There needs to be some evidence of likely future academic success.
fine. but we're talking thousands of apps. after screening for gpa, the borderline ones can be accorded this much time. and, in the end, i'll bet that gpa calls it 99% of the time, anyway. and, forget overcoming hardships - once word gets out that you're looking for that, every kid will have an overwhelming hardship story. you gonna check them out?
Bobodeluxe
Rushinbear said:

Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

fine. but we're talking thousands of apps. after screening for gpa, the borderline ones can be accorded this much time. and, in the end, i'll bet that gpa calls it 99% of the time, anyway. and, forget overcoming hardships - once word gets out that you're looking for that, every kid will have an overwhelming hardship story. you gonna check them out?
"… five miles in the snow, up hill, both ways …"
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CSfX1t1LPtj
as russian points out there are a lotta applications to the #1 ranked public university in the world, in fact there wuz 147,586 applicants for the 2022/2023 year...the overwhelmingly majority of these applicants got harvard/stanford like high gpas, not many students wanna waste their time (and application fee) tryna get in if they know they got almost no chance of gaining acceptance, ucla is a excellent safety school

but cal got a silver bullet admissions process for prospective student athletes with gpas under 3.0...during my time with cal's monster class i wuz involved in a couple of these deals most notably jaylen brown

this process includes components advocated by jb & big c as it takes a holistic approach in an endeavor to take a deep dive beyond the sub 3.0 gpa...feedback from teachers & coaches is solicited in painting a picture re: the student's circumstances...during the official visit to berkeley the prospect is often interviewed in person by admissions & the athletic study center (which is separately funded than the athletic department) which is chaired by dr derek van rheenen & transition/curriculum development director dr kasra sotudeh (who is an amazing person)

the silver bullet admissions process graduation results as it relates to the football program are kinda a mixed bag, some of the players referenced in the above departure post (10 of the 27 don't got degrees) that are often tragically leaving berkeley without a degree were accepted thru this process...an interesting footnote is that 7 of the 10 students without berkeley degrees who opted to enter the portal are offensive skill players (did u know that the con artist tole me to my face that billy m is "a genius?")...and yet there are also many graduation stories of magical victories in beating the statistics which is a critical mission of the university of california, berkeley to afford degree opportunities to those who are the 1st in their families to earn college degrees which is an altruistic approach to reshaping society & wealth distribution in breaking decades long patterns of familial poverty for those willing to do the arduous long hours of academic work...in life u gotta go thru something to get something which is why shocky can't do a handstand (headstand no problemo) with his t-rex arms

but make no mistake about it, high gpa bobo kinda look like a substitute teacher at modern yoga with his man bun ponytail, shake that tail, bobo, shake that tail

beat the statistics, **** the opinions and the logistics#
First Page Last Page
Page 69 of 313

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.