cal's monster offensive line

1,673,463 Views | 10487 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Econ141 said:

Let's go all in and get coach K out of retirement. This would be his biggest challenge ever.
at 76 years young, coach k's biggest challenge right now is doing the new york times sunday crossword puzzles
Shocky1

25-7 (ajay the belgium facilitator with 24 points & 5 assists)#
Big C

I'm thinking most any European would appreciate a degree from "Berkeley". Add him to a nucleus of ND, Newell, Celestine and the two incoming freshmen and that's pretty much a competitive team right there.

Round it out with some combination of the other scholarship players that decide to stay. Some of them can compete, for sure: Askew, Roberson, Bowser, Anyanwu. Sell the instant turnaround, get a reasonable practice facility going, the NIL starts to roll in... we're on our way back.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

local hero 6'6" 295 lbs offensive tackle manuel serna from nearby clayton valley charter high school gonna be in berkeley this saturday for cal's 2024 junior day

cal's monster offensive line gotta get significantly more athletic to facilitate the upward trajectory of the golden bears football program, serna got remarkable agility for a grown azz man

the real question with manuel is how hard does he wanna work in the classroom, does he wanna be mentally limitless at the #1 ranked public university in the world which will open unlimited doors for him to look after his family in the future?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the east bay & a short drive for the fam on gamedays to memorial stadium)
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line top 2024 targeted highest priortized prospect (unforgettable)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the beautiful people of africa)
MAJOR CAL'S MONSTER OFFENSIVE LINE RECRUITING NEWS:

philbert
Big C said:

philbert said:

Big C said:

Turner, Smith, DeCuire, Sendek, Miles, Krystkowiak...

This might have been a decent list for last time, or two times ago. Maybe three times ago. Yesterday's candidates. Why not throw Randy Bennett on there, for good measure?
No worries. Wilner suggested Bennett in his column. He also listed Gates and Mark Madsen for good measure.

no problem, I realize that it's Letourneau's list, not yours.

Gates would've been a risk before Cleveland St, great last year and now is beyond our price range. Screwed that one up. Madsen is intriguing, but I'm assuming he'll replace Haase on the Farm.
Looks like Haase is sticking around (thankfully).

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's 2024 junior day update (march 4th, 2023):

6'2" 177 lbs 4.2 gpa defensive back rancho cucamonga#

cal family (view of the bay/bright future)#
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line top 2024 targeted highest priortized prospect (unforgettable)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the beautiful people of africa)
MAJOR CAL'S MONSTER OFFENSIVE LINE RECRUITING NEWS:

Absolutely the #1 target on the OL for 2024 class. Has the tools to be terrific. This would be a great get if they can land him. One of the best in the west.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's 2024 junior day update (march 4th, 2023): mark schroller's teammate treyvon tolmaire gonna be in berkeley too

6' 175 lbs 3.6 gpa athletic corner back#

mr photogenic (not afraid of elite wrs or the paparazzi)#
rkt88edmo
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line contest: $1,000,000 (or award substitution at the sole discretion of the monster) to the winner

I guess eastcoastcal is enjoying his authentic and certified golf tee used on the third hole of the world's 19th best golf course, lol.
Shocky1

rkt, let's be very clear here, 4.0 gpa in a hard azz major/future whale donor eastcoastie wuz offered my low mileage blue scooter as contest compensation but he tole me he couldn't figure out a way to transport it back from paris to his home in westchester country, ok?

that's on him, not the management of these fun contests

r u gonna submit an entry on the coach bloesch cal's monster offensive line dinner attendeses?

SBGold
philbert said:

Big C said:

philbert said:

Big C said:

Turner, Smith, DeCuire, Sendek, Miles, Krystkowiak...

This might have been a decent list for last time, or two times ago. Maybe three times ago. Yesterday's candidates. Why not throw Randy Bennett on there, for good measure?
No worries. Wilner suggested Bennett in his column. He also listed Gates and Mark Madsen for good measure.

no problem, I realize that it's Letourneau's list, not yours.

Gates would've been a risk before Cleveland St, great last year and now is beyond our price range. Screwed that one up. Madsen is intriguing, but I'm assuming he'll replace Haase on the Farm.
Looks like Haase is sticking around (thankfully).

Fox fired, my law school alma mater put the dagger into UNC in the ACC tourney, Haase stays and Kings win on TNT yesterday? Yesterday was a good day
Big C

Haase's boss must have not been paying attention when Furd got walloped 92-70 by the lowly California Golden Bears. (92... I always have to double-check that score, because no way it could be that high, except it is... 92 ... ninety-freaking-two). I guess they are waiting for the Cardinal to go 3-29: I've found that usually does the trick.

Actually, Haase is doing a great job at Stanford. I'm a big fan of the job he's doing!
philbert
Must be following this thread again.

Shocky1

the big give=financial support for the con artist's $1,300,000+ annual salary, non performing coaches of losing programs that are inexplicably contractually extended, the department's 50+ associate & assistant directors of bureaucracy without accountability, millions of dollars for olympic sports that very few people care about & lawsuit litigation legal fees and claims settlements

fans/donors should be only supporting nil for the student athletes of the football & basketball programs, creating donor groups that directly (without athletic department siphoning of funds to cover their financially unsustainable bureaucracy) support teams/coaches of their choosing or financing the construction of athletic facilities like mr spieker

in this new era of college athletics there needs to be new mechanisms for supporting your team(s)

the only exception to this is purchasing football & basketball tixs directly from the athletic department without any blackmail demands for donations to finance administration salaries/benefits/retirements

as for the monster during my non chosen 6 years termination exile from cal's monster class, none of the above makes any sense for me anymore as animal advocacy in maricopa county is now my true passion for philanthropy...but that relentless fundraising work for rescue/foster animals here in the desert is not gonna stop me from attending every bears football game this fall & maybe keeping an open mind about a potential future relationship with the cal basketball program

shocky is a mutt (tell the con artist to **** off)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/BABv2nUKQ0G
alky, love talking golf course strategy which started back in the day caddying at san francisco golf club

so my take is that it's colin's boldness/aggressiveness that started his 3 hole bogey spiral that cost him the tournament, a more "conservative" strategy on the short par 4 14th hole might've saved him from the bogey train & potentially flipped the tournament outcome

allow me to explain, morikawa entered the short par 4 14th hole (foto above fraught with danger with a severely sloping false front, awkward bunkers jealously guarding the green & unplayable native grasses surrounding the hole) with a 3 stroke lead (rahm was on the par 5 15th hole at that time) & had zero bogeys for the week...life in maui wuz blissful

the plantation course's 14th plays steeply uphill (not quite as severe as the 1st hole at tilden park) & with the tradewinds directly blowing in his face was not drivable today for morikawa with his length off the tee...so despite birdieing it the first 3 days with driver off the tee really thought that his caddie jj jakovac (former collegiate champion at chico state) should've encouraged colin to hit a layup off the tee & then flip a short wedge, there's zero chance he's gonna bogey the hole with this strategy & he will still birdie the hole probably almost half the time

instead morikawa hits driver into a predicament, skulls the long bunker shot over the green, makes bogey & then the wheels come off with the 3 hole bogey spiral

as a case in point, max homa hit driver on the 14th in the 1st round into the **** left of the green & wuz lucky to make bogey...max then laid up off the tee the last 3 days in consultation with his caddie joe greiner

colin morikawa is regarded as an elite mind with respects to course management, will be interesting to see if he & jj consider dialing it back next time he's in contention

both colin & max are gonna skip the pga tournament in honolulu next week & also the palm springs tournament the following week after that so they will both tee it up again at torrey pines on january 25th, the shockster just decided he's gonna be in la jolla there to offer his counsel & support...also gonna be available if brian driscoll needs me around to help him move his attitude from la jolla to national city or be his wingman in robbing a gas station or something

any opinions from you & other golfing bears?

golf course strategy 101:

why isn't colin morikawa leading the player's championship at tpc sawgrass???

colin is currently at 6 under par with today's lightning delay & 2 strokes behind the leader

first things first, watch the 2nd hole video description above, note that the pga champion explains that the tee ball must "be shaped right to left"

morikawa is well known for his patented fade, the only club he can reliably draw is the 3 wood...so yesterday he hit a drawing 3 wood tee ball on the sharp dogleg left short par 5 2nd, this set him up for a world class eagle 3

so today after almost holing out his approach on the par 4 1st hole for a kick in birdie, colin inexplicably changes his strategy & hits driver on the 2nd hole...his patented fade into the treeline necessitated in him making a 6 footer for bogey to avoid a double

very curious to see if the smart as **** haas biz school grad hits 3 wood or driver on the 2nd hole in tomorrow's 3rd round, do you wanna bet the monster a lifetime pass to modern yoga for t-rexs that he's gonna hit a 3 wood???
Shocky1
major con artist update:
https://www.sfgate.com/news/article/uc-berkeley-students-caught-gaming-fundraiser-17832776.php

so apparently the athletic department's BIG GIVE is full of fake donations that are never gonna be collected...wow, will wonders never cease

that's why shocky when fundraising for animal advocacy here in maricopa county sets up a time within 48 hours after someone tells me they gonna donate in order to collect a check at that time...the monster does not deal with pledges or checks in the mail, if u tell me ur gonna donate $100,000, then great let's play golf tomorrow/lunch at ur favorite restaurant/meet at costco or the parking lot at modern yoga or whatever and make sure u bring the check, ok?

the few times someone "forgets" to bring the promised money, then we literally go together to their house/office afterwards so they can stroke me the check made payable to an animal facility right then & there

https://instagr.am/p/CUsu44lP_1B
don't be a dumb azz (the con artist is an incompetent/overpaid worthless bureaucrat)#
KenBurnski
So Harry Paratestes didn't really donate 69.69 to the Furries club? Outrageous.
Shocky1
kenny, heard u pledged $1,000,000 to the fire james arthur knowlton club
Big C

Shocky, are you saying that there are people out there who pledge to give a large sum of money, get a bunch of atta-boys for it and then later quietly end up not actually giving it?!? Oh wow, I just hope they are not the Cal Football and Cal Basketball donors of the next few years...
Shocky1
big c, ur rite, there r people who will say anything in order to get free promotional ****

Shocky1

who faster, jaydn or his roomie sam jackson v? (speed kills at 4th gen's house)#
Shocky1

the #13 point guard ajay mitchell got the size & quickness along with a high basketball iq, kinda reminds me of a more lengthy left handed justin cobbs with his feels for the game (tho not as good a perimeter shooter as jc), to impose his will & also engage/distribute/facilitate his teammates

not gonna lie, the monster misses the epic showdowns with the donut boy of tuscon back when haas wuz packed with crazy azz energy & stormin' the floor wuz all just part of the magic of cal basketball...pretty sure laura agrees with me about them ice in his veins rainbows from heaven unlike her dumb azz husband david who thinks the meadow club is a strip club or something

28 points, 7 assists, 2 steals & 3 turnovers tonite for the 26-7 gauchos, ajay is the kinda guy u wanna play with on the floor, he makes everybody better in the spirit of #5 j kidd...yeah mitchell is shocky's favorite belgium

https://instagr.am/p/CLr5qg4M7sU
geef ajay de bal en je krijgt actie#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including the netherlands)
HoopDreams
we will soon be able to see the Shockster dribble down court between 4 Duck defenders and throw down a MONSTER dunk on Dana Altman's head

Pittstop
Looks like UCSB's 92 points indicates that Pasternak's offense plays as fast as it needs to in order to win. 92 points doesn't indicate a "slow pace of play". Neither does the 69 points scored in their previous game.
Shocky1
pitts, the gauchos averaged an uptempo (but not fast) 72.2 points per game this season which can be contrasted to the bears snail ball of 58.3 points per game...reality is that mcdonalds all americans got zero interest in playing a style of play that won't develop them for the nba & multi million dollar contracts (and unlimited chocolate mcflurries forevah)

Shocky1

cal's monster offensive line r not dumb azzs, tyler gotta certified 3.8 gpa

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including west 6th street)

Shocky1

cal's kylar murray (+1 athletic with a live arm)#
Shocky1

irrefutable fun evidence of why coach chelsea spencer is the best women's coach in berkeley, strategically building a championship program with inclusive recruiting of black, latina & poly/asian student athletes & celebrating together with an unbreakable bond & enthusiasm unknown to womankind...yeah that's the magic of cal softball

stormin' the fricke (let's ******* go)#
CalFanatic
And doing the damage against the former Player of the Year and 3 time All-American. Run-Ruling the #2 team in the country! Feels great
Shocky1
cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and a short drive from palo alto to memorial stadium for the fam on gamedays)
harebear
Shocky, you know imma big fan but this one isn't remotely on JK. The Big Give is a campuswide initiative so JK is no more responsible for what some random students did in their donations to non-athletic student groups than is the chair of physics or the manager of cal performances or the accountant in architecture.
Unless unbenownst to all of us he is secretly lobbying to add the Furries at Berkeley to our list of intercollegiate teams and he is mentoring them in all of their activities.
P.S. As far as I can tell these students were indeed donating (there is no "pledge" button on the big give website) but they were just using a bunch of different names so they could try to win the prizes for the student groups who have the most unique donors.
Shocky1
stand corrected, hare
Shocky1

my guy announcer roxy bernstein with the call 60 seconds into the big west championship game "ajay mitchell had a monster game last night"

wheels in motion on state street#
Shocky1

the cal comparison player for ajay mitchell is not as previously stated justin cobbs (who is much shorter & an elite perimeter shooter) but actually tryone wallace who wuz a 2nd round nba draft choice of the los angeles clippers

similarities: both ajay & t-wall can ruthlessly break down defenders with unstoppable drives to the bucket using either hand...both guys defend much smaller point guards with length that disrupts passing lanes...neither one is an elite 3 pointer or possesses textbook shooting mechanics...both ballers got ice in their veins at the end of games, the moment is never too big for them...both got good hair

differences: ajay is less selfish than t-wall, he's less interested in building his nba resume than winning basketball games...t-wall is a slightly more athletic physical specimen with better defined muscle & a higher vertical jump along with being a more active rebounder (part of that could be scheme)...ajay is money on free throws right now, t-wall developed this skill during his time in berkeley

congrats to joe pasternack on leading thru his fiery personality & close team chemistry his 27-7 gauchos to the 2023 big dance

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and ranked much higher than uc santa barbara)
First Page Last Page
Page 82 of 300

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.