cal's monster offensive line

1,525,893 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Bowlesman80
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If JK is fired with cause, does that impact his buyout?
Just a thought, but Christ may be well-advised to await investigation results.
"Just win, baby."
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

honestly hoops, ur lack of understanding that joe pasternack is a player's coach that is truly loved by all his players (ur laughing at his dancing but trust me his players/prospects are not), your continued disrespectfully calling him "the kicker" despite being the one head coach that could make cal basketball a nationally ranked program again & your failure to understand to understand the importance of a facilitator/distributor facilitator like ajay mitchell in today's college basketball game which is dominated by elite point guards is all kinda sad
who said anything about Joe P? He was one of my top 2 choices.

I was talking about Mark Madsen ... I'm sure his dancing and ol shucks persona is really going to get recruits excited

mark madsen interview
Shocky1
bowlesly, the 78 year old benevolent christ got zero confidence in knowtlon these days (she excluded him from the pac 12 conference & ucla board of regents discussions) & realizes that she got played by the lying con artist re: the northwestern athletic director interview process...carol is not perfect (nor does she pretend to be) & the reality is that she's done more (by a significant margin) financially for cal athletics than any other berkeley chancellor

perhaps a legal mind such as wifey can offer their employment related thoughts but it would certainly seem to be the case that if jk is fired for cause then any buyout would be non existent or minimal

reality is that in the real world when successful professionals are no longer wanted at their current deals, then they seek (and are recruited) to other exciting opportunities that are a better fit

but that's not the case in berkeley, both the con artist & his #2 jennifer simon-o'neil got toxic reputations in the collegiate administrative landscape, there's zero chance they gonna be hired anywhere else or resign unless the pressure gets to them & affects their health/mental stability
calumnus
6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

wifey, this bungled process which got mike montgomery as the primary consultant & jay john sitting in on all the interviews) is more about the con artist tryna make a politically correct move in hiring a black head coach which knowlton appears to feel he needs to do to win favor with chancellor christ (who got zero confidence in him) during the mckeever investigation which could result in his termination than about what's really best for the cal basketball program which wuz hiring joe pasternack

bottom line, this is all about james arthur knowlton tryna protect his $1,300,000+ annual salary thru 2029

without a facilitator/distributor like ajay mitchell at point guard next season the men's basketball program is at risk of losing 20+ games (and if rodney brown decommits closer to 25 losses) & without jayda curry the women's basketball program is gonna absolutely lose every pac 12 game (0-18) next season

and no there's not gonna be any progress on the con artist's $125,000,000+ quidditch which is never gonna collect all the funds necessary to get the 1st shovel in the ground

on the other hand the good news for the con artist is that the monster may not attend another cal basketball game for another 6 years or something

https://instagr.am/p/Cm4nv1MP6Tg

cal's monster class (and diamonds are forever class) r in the rearview mirrah#

Just wondering how Montgomery being the primary consultant and Jay John being in on every interview leads to Knowlton hiring a black HC. I get the idea of hiring a black HC but not the connection that those 2 men being involved leading to that conclusion.

Knowlton may want to appease Christ who really values DEI. But if JK is in trouble for his job a DEI hire won't save it. So with JP out of the picture can we expect Brown to ask out of his LOI today?

If Christ truely valued DEI she wouldn't have hired the unqualified and clueless out of touch Jim Knowlton over better qualified minority and female candidates and wouldn't have extended him for 8 years.
Shocky1
hoops, i stand corrected then

mea culpa#
Shocky1
calalumnus, she made a mistake, she knows she made a mistake & now she's tryna fix that mistake

her run in berkeley is nearly over & if u think the next chancellor is gonna be as supportive of sports as carol not sure what to tell u...but if ur hellbent on continuing to criticize her for her 1 major mistake then that's ur right but seems kinda pointless to me
Shocky1
hoops, agreed that mark madsen is not gonna excite elite recruits/prospects whether he can dance or not but he's got mike montgomery's support plus jay john sitting in on all the interviews

why would anybody hire a white basketball coach (90%+ of the playing rotations for nationally ranked teams are black, gonzaga notwithstanding) whose dream job is in palo alto?
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cl5Z69OOWdW
cal's next head basketball coach#
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cl5Z69OOWdW
cal's next head basketball coach#

Not sure but someone else posted elsewhere that 10 of Madsen's UTah Valley team are African American.
Bowlesman80
Personally, I like Christ and found her to be relatively positive and supportive of Cal FB. And that is counter to the usual, stuffy, looking-down-the-nose administration Cal has typically had and has, apart from Christ and, perhaps, a few others.
I'm thinking physical ed 20 units should be required for graduation. Tired of "Revenge of the Nerds."
Kinetic Intelligence is importanter.
"Just win, baby."
Shocky1

who will be on coach madsen's staff?

very likely we will see the return of john montgomery from the hawaii rainbows staff, he mined lightly recruited jakob poeltl as a silent commit to cal from vienna austria who later a 1st round nba draft choice & still playing in the league for the toronto raptors

should also be mentioned that john got a good relationship with aau west coast elite's ryan silver which is gonna be important in securing the recommitments of sharpshooter rodney brown (the next alan crabbe) & bouncy post devin curtis...trusting relationships r critical in recruiting

and if this happens as expected fully expect mike montgomery to take a leadership role in fundraising for the basketball practice facility with his longtime relationships with cal whale donors along with mentoring mike madsen re: the current roster skillsets based upon his pac 12 announcing duties last season...will be interesting to learn more about monty's views on nil fundraising

the return of monty2 to berkeley#

calumnus
Shocky1 said:

very likely we will see the return of john montgomery from the hawaii rainbows staff, he mined lightly recruited jakob poeltl as a silent commit to cal from vienna austria who later a 1st round nba draft choice & still playing in the league for the toronto raptors

should also be mentioned that john got a good relationship with aau west coast elite's ryan silver which is gonna be important in securing the recommitments of sharpshooter rodney brown (the next alan crabbe) & bouncy post devin curtis...trust relationships r critical in recruiting

and if this happens as expected fully expect mike montgomery to take a leadership role in fundraising for the basketball practice facility with his longtime relationships with cal whale donors along with mentoring mike madsen re: the current roster skillsets based upon his pac 12 announcing duties last season...will be interesting to learn more about monty's views on nil fundraising

Really? Not thrilled with this at all.
eastcoastcal
Monty is a HOF coach and nothing but respect for him but I frankly could care less about fundraising for the con artist's pipe dream facility. NIL matters more and if Monty/Madsen aren't 100% in on it, we're doomed
Shocky1
coastie, the fundraising will transition away from the $125,000,000+ quidditch facility he tole u about at the football game this fall towards a more modest basketball only practice facility that will actually be supported by cal's whale donors that respect mike's visions for the basketball program...and agreed nil fundraising is critical in today's arms race for elite hoopers

Pittstop
Is all of this Mark Madsen pub saying that this is a done deal (the Madsen hire)? Or is this all speculation and angst?
Pittstop
Not in THAT picture.
calumnus
eastcoastcal said:

Monty is a HOF coach and nothing but respect for him but I frankly could care less about fundraising for the con artist's pipe dream facility. NIL matters more and if Monty/Madsen aren't 100% in on it, we're doomed

Monty is old school. He showed up to his first Warriors press conference in grey sweats and a whistle. He hates the idea of recruiting with NIL more than he hated recruiting without it, but I assume he would not be very involved in that.
Shocky1
calumnus said:

Really? Not thrilled with this at all.

Alkiadt
Pittstop said:

Not in THAT picture.

Scroll through his tweets.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BQJ5RbAgP9V
mark madsen=more fun than the unlikeable fox

https://instagr.am/p/1AQsyApJkD
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

Madsen is a good coach and a good person. No comparison to Fox. He is an up and coming coach and should get P5 offers. My biggest issue is he is just such a Furd. Makes it tough for me to see him as the face of Cal. It is something that will take getting used to. We need excitement NOW. Marketing. There are other good candidates and no other candidate has that issue. Maybe seeing him in blue and gold and a Cal hat will help? I don't know.
BearGoggles
calumnus said:

Shocky1 said:

Madsen is a good coach and a good person. No comparison to Fox. He is an up and coming coach and should get P5 offers. My biggest issue is he is just such a Furd. Makes it tough for me to see him as the face of Cal. It is something that will take getting used to. We need excitement NOW. Marketing. There are other good candidates and no other candidate has that issue. Maybe seeing him in blue and gold and a Cal hat will help? I don't know.
I felt the same way when Cal hired Monty . . .

And by the same token, I'd rather have Madsen than Haase. But Madsen has a lot to prove for sure.
Cal_79
calumnus said:

Shocky1 said:

TT for MM?
Pittstop
You might be right. I counted ten in one of the photos, but the one standing front/middle, in front of the table of potato chips, looked like he might have been an assistant coach or something. He looked pretty old.
Shocky1

the flawed california golden bears basketball head coach search process:

the con artist leaked to his most trusted enablers that this wuz gonna be an inclusive process this time around with jaylen brown & shareef abdur rahim when in reality he communicated with them in a negligible manner...the fact is that both jaylen & shareef don't like/respect knowlton which is why there haven't been any significant donations from them to the cal basketball program during his tenure

the wide open process wuz just a smokeshow run kinda like a khazahstan presidential election

knowlton basically ran the process with mike montgomery (a top 5 coach in the history of college basketball, the nba not so much) as his primary outside consultant & jay john (the braintrust for lute olson's storied wildcats program) sitting in on the interviews which basically means joe pasternack never had a chance

both jay & monty have always resented (and understandably so) joe's funneling of money to players/aau coaches via a wildcat booster/agent back in the day...this oakland soldiers to arizona pipeline which resulted in numerous hoopers such as stanley johnson & brandon ashley got blown up by cal's monster class when the nation's #1 player ivan rabb shocked the college basketball world by picking california over arizona despite steering money on the table for young ivee's estranged dad ivan sr who disappeared from the family shortly after his 2 boys were born

joe's running the oakland soldiers pipeline & other deals wuz not legal then but it is now, in fact raising money for current players & future players via nil is a critical part of a head coach's responsibilities for nationally ranked teams

so past resentments (and other conflicts of interest) against pasternack played a key role in him getting passed up by for mark madsen who is by all accounts a good coach who will elevate the program if he can find a true facilitating/distributing point guard between now & the 1st day of classes this fall

but make no mistake about it, the con artist is still as clueless as ****
eastcoastcal
calfanz
Shocky1 said:

should also be mentioned that john got a good relationship with aau west coast elite's ryan silver which is gonna be important in securing the recommitments of sharpshooter rodney brown (the next alan crabbe) & bouncy post devin curtis...trust relationships r critical in recruiting

I don't know if i've ever said this before. But Thanks Shockster.
HoopDreams

I've said my peace
Shocky1
coastie, how do u know ur posting on a berkeley fan board???

ur funny as **** survey only totals 81%
Shocky1
cal fanz, if ur lobbying for inclusion in my next tee time at pine valley or something, it's working
Shocky1

hoop dreams, understood it's been a long day, wut could possibly go wrong with a white mormon guy from stanford recruiting black mcdonalds all americans to berkeley?

at least madsen is not gonna be drinking on the job like a former cal special teams coach

shut up, shocky#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cg0mNKKD0md
exclusive 2023/2024 mark madsen roster construction plan:

the ncca allows 13 schollys for men's basketball, last season the roster wuz as follows:

guards:
devin askew (not a true point guard, coach cal recruited him to kentucky as a 2)
joel brown (in graduate transfer portal, haas biz ad degree)
dejuan clayton (outta eligibility but aarp membership is in his future plans)
jarred hyder (injuries make a basketball retirement likely)

wings:
grant newell (the future of cal basketball)
jalen celestine (apparently healthy & ready to growl again)
sam alajiki (in transfer portal)
obinna anyanwu (got major maturity issues but also athletic upside too)
monty bowser (how do u shoot 92.6% on free throws & 27.3% on 3 pointers?)
marsalis roberson (broken down shooting mechanics, needs to live in the gym this offseason)

lars thiemann (shocky's favorite german has not declared his future plans yet)
kuany kuany (in transfer portal)
nd okafor (huge athletic upside)

so if lars decides to stay in berkeley that means 8 returning scholly players for next season

right now the bears need to lock in the commitments of 2023 signees sharpshooter rodney brown (the next alan crabbe) & bouncy post devin curtis (needs to live in the weight room with protein shakes), john montgomery gotta good relationship with their aau coach ryan silver so that would bring the number of scholly players to 10

madsen tole knowlton during the interview process that he got 3 scholly guys he thinks he can bring to berkeley that are not utah valley guys, as a stanford grad mark understands the high gpa requirements of elite academic institutions...my take is that a true facilitating/distributing point guard is the program's absolute #1 recruiting priority so at least one of these 3 guys needs to be a true 1

as for the 3 guys madsen thinks he can bring in, another guard & a post like 7' aziz bandaogo (10.2 rebounds per game this season) would make the most sense (the bears are overstocked at the wing) but fully expect rodney brown to play 25+ minutes per game as a true freshman if he can physically defend (his body construction is very lean) with a high motor (he glides too much in his videos) at the pac 12 level

and so that's 13 schollys for the 2023/2024 calfironia golden bears

scholly roster math is fun (don't be a dumb azz, 1 plus 1 is not 3)#
GMP
calumnus said:

Shocky1 said:

If your concern is marketing (and I don't agree it should be, but I'm humoring you here), then Madsen is probably the BEST choice of the rumored names. He is easily the most famous of the group, having been a star college player and a longtime NBA player, including on the Lakers early 2000s championship teams. Most casual basketball fans have never heard of Pasternack. Almost every basketball fan over the age of 30 has heard of Madsen. Even I hadn't heard of Amir Abdur-Rahim before a couple weeks ago (but of course know his brother).
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CpqZKRYPNHC
great points gmp, college basketball recruiting is all about marketing/branding...that's why the monster iz a big fan of recruiting doms back to berkeley or something

go bares (clothes r for losers)#
Shocky1

yeah 7' 215 lbs aziz bandaogo from dakar with the monster block, he's a player to watch this tuesday march 28th at 6:30 pm (mst) when coach madsen's 28-8 utah valley wolverines take on them uab blazers at the orleans arena in las vegas in the nit semifinals

aziz averaged an intergalactic dominating 10.2 rebounds per game this season to go along with a 11.5 ppg on an efficient 60.2% field goals along with 2.9 blocks per game & only 1.6 turnovers per game

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including senegal)
First Page Last Page
Page 89 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.