cal's monster offensive line

1,840,031 Views | 11186 Replies | Last: 1 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^

Shocky1
BearSD
That's a silly tweet. Cal, Stanford, and SMU would deal with their non-ACC sports on their own. The ACC would agree that it is those schools' issue to solve on their own.
Shocky1
stay classy sd, one of the many moving parts of the acc deal is determining which teams go to the acc, which teams go the mfps, which teams might go to the west coast conference & which teams might be cut

pythagorean theorem negotiations#
Shocky1

luv both of these guys, victor listens to hardcore heavy metal & colin don't know **** about music

when they played at the zurich team competition, vic picked the walk up song to the 1st tee every day

brothers from different mothers#
JimSox
Shocky1 said:

stay classy sd, one of the many moving parts of the acc deal is determining which teams go to the acc, which teams go the mfps, which teams might go to the west coast conference & which teams might be cut

pythagorean theorem negotiations#

While these are indeed complex problems, I think they're problems that everyone knows can be worked out. Different from the central question will we get into the ACC or not. So if they're working on what are relatively speaking details, it may mean that the central question has already been answered in the affirmative. At least that's my hope.
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

Water Polo is in the MPSF which SC and UCLA alrwady said they'll remain in. Field Hockey who cares. What else? Gymnastics? Beach Volleyball? crew?
Shocky1
jimmy, agree with ur sentiment but would caution that tho the acc prez votes r there rite now, sometimes people change their minds in life for a myriad of confounding reasons
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cv0LRjkPNOn
hollywood but wut conference would women's cross country running thru the fields compete in the future?

who knows but maybe the scary azz children of the korn conference or something
JimSox
Shocky1 said:

jimmy, agree with ur sentiment but would caution that tho the acc prez votes r there rite now, sometimes people change their minds in life for a myriad of confounding reasons

Agreed. That's why I keep hoping this gets done already before new complications blow the deal!
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

the following is a reprint from cal's monster class back in the day:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

https://instagr.am/p/CtR6QY5uwFE
arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells us while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been pwned...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

tay gotta work today (appointments all over the city) so ima heading out to the hamptons to play my favorite course in the world, the national golf links of america...the 3 greatest living architects bill coore, tom doak & gil hanse have all tole me in direct conversations that they share this luv too...the 16th hole by the iconic windmill on the windswept property is the most romantic hole on planet earth, my heart sings kinda like it did back when mcdonalds all americans graced haas in an epic love letter of a lifetime

but no worries sweetie, ur dad will be back in the city by dinner time

beauty & the beast (story old as time)#
https://instagr.am/p/CwWSihFNjjN
cal's monster class exclusive worldwide announcement:

donald trump has been arrested for punching shocky
juarezbear
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cv0LRjkPNOn
hollywood but wut conference would women's cross country running thru the fields compete in the future?

who knows but maybe the scary azz children of the korn conference or something

Good point. Don't know about T&F but I also have doubts T&F would survive. OTOH - Maybe it's a combo of WCC and MPSF? Would
Love for golf to migrate to ACC. Lots of good tracks and teams there.
Shocky1

sounds kinda painful#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CUVKCPllBhi
acc expansion:

in that texas recruiting is now as successful as it is in cali, a best case scenario for acc expansion would not only include calford but also smu

further expansion into calveston would be facilitated by a major school such as smu on future football schedules (regardless of whether or not a dollar of ucla calimony is ever paid), got it?

the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world (for seabirds flying in the sun)
https://instagr.am/p/Cs43nM5sz2u
smu update: not only is southern methodist university back in play for acc expansion (5 years of no media revenues, then a couple of years of reduced revenues & then full shares by years 7-8) but it's also likely that they will be in a "protected rivalries" grouping with calford

the bears traveling to dallas every other year to play the ponies & them visiting berkeley in the off years would be a +1 development for cal football recruiting

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CtX0hTstZ-n
often get asked who won the shocky vs trump golf match at ferry point?

and the truth is that our 5 bucks match wuz not a real one cuz donald cheats at golf: he bumps the ball in the rough, he mismarks his ball on the putting greens almost always a couple of inches closer to the hole & he takes gimme putts without asking from within 5 feet...all of this is unnecessary as he's a pretty good golfer with some power in his driving distances

despite all of this **** shocky still beat trump 2&1...walking off the 18th green at ferry point together he never reached for his wallet instead telling me that he's gonna comp me the $250+ green fee...but the reality is that the head golf professional had already comped me when i checked in that morning at the pro shop which is the usual customary courtesy extended to me in my world top 100 travels...so no money changed hands, whatever

back in the day trump wuz a member at the venerable winged foot golf club in mamaroneck new york (westchester county) which is a very conservative (schulzie hates the club's mandatory long pants dress code, clothes r for losers) walking only club with arguably the 2nd best 36 hole facility on planet earth after royal melbourne's fabulous east & west courses

anyways members (upper east siders, wall streeters, these are the donor names on the plaques at the amazing new york metropolitan museum of art) over time started finding excuses for not playing with the real estate developer...apparently the final straw for trump before his resignation from the republican dominated club wuz a member telling him on the putting green in front of the longtime caddiemaster, "sorry donald, we're already three today" (golf is usually played at the foot in foursomes) before walking away to the west course's 1st tee with his game
Shocky1

monster translation: "at this point we're outnumbered 13-2 on the acc prez expansion votes cuz of those damn liberals at north carolina & north carolina state, so right now our strategy is to leverage/negotiate as much of the additional revenues in an unequal ratio that favors clemson...and yeah we're gonna get the death valley 3875 calorie supersized breakfast with grits & triple bacon at shoney's this morning, 32 oz green drinks are for ******* women with small azzs and commie yoga losers, wouldn't give that **** to my doggy sunshine"

https://instagr.am/p/CwXsSeuu9W7
Shocky1

3rd round 67 for homanation at the tour championship#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

luv both of these guys, victor listens to hardcore heavy metal & colin don't know **** about music

when they played at the zurich team competition, vic picked the walk up song to the 1st tee every day

brothers from different mothers#

colin with a 64 heading into the 3rd round tied for the lead with his buddy vic, this will be a very comfortable final group pairing for both guys
philbert
I heard the announcers say it was the best 36 holes of Collin's career by 5 strokes. Gotta keep it up for 36 more.
Shocky1

cal football top secret lisbon plan: tomorrow the program will take covert buses that have been professionally swept for gps tracking devices to an undisclosed site in nor cal that is significantly warmer than the beautiful bay area weather in order to tryna simulate the gameday heat/humidity in nasty azz denton

shocky would tell u the location but coach wilcox would then lose his ****

hint: it's not stinson beach

Shocky1

philbert, 100% that colin es en fuego ahora

there are two tournaments going on, kinda weird but true:

fed ex tour championship: $18,000,000 1st prize (players awarded strokes under par based upon season performance:

1st tie colin morikawa-16 under par (started tournament 1 under par)
1st tie victor hovland-16 under par (started 8 under par)
3rd scottie scheffler-14 under (started 10 under par)
4th keegan bradley-13 under par (started 3 under par)
5th tied jon rahm-12 under par (started 6 under par)
5th tied xander schauffele-12 under par (started 3 under par)
7th rory mcilroy-10 under par (started 7 under par)
13th tied max homa-7 under par (started 4 under par)

and then there's the regular tournament (non inclusive of awarded strokes) that is utilized in earning official golf world rankings points (currently max is 7th in the world, colin is 20th, byeong hun an is 55th & michael kim is 114th):

1st colin morikawa-15 under par at 125 (61 & 64)
2nd keegan bradley-10 under par at 130 (63 & 67)
3rd tied xander schauffele-9 under par at 131 (67 & 64)
3rd tied tyrell hatton-9 under par at 131 (64 & 67)
5th tied victor hovland-8 under par at 132 (68 & 64)
5th tied sam burns-8 under par at 132 (66 & 66)
12th tied max homa-3 under par at 137 (70 & 67)

go bears#
Shocky1

wut up benji, r u saying the monster is gonna get paid or earn credits for this ****?

for free (another one)#
Shocky1
Quote:

It feels like getting the necessary votes for expansion depends on how they split the money and they haven't figured out a way to do it that makes 13 teams happy.
They only need 12, right? It seems like right now they are trying make everyone happy and get to 15.

Maybe just accept that nothing will make Florida State and Clemson happy and focus on what it would take to flip UNC or NC State?

this pro cal sentiment is myopic & ethnocentric in its perspective (and honestly kinda naive), the acc prezs & acc commish primary goal with acc expansion is not to facilitate invitations to calford & smu, it's to get all 15 current schools working together including clemson & florida state to not tryna break the gor before 2036

and who knew coach wilcox (all white guys kinda look the same) is the lead singer for blur?

got it?

6956bear
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

It feels like getting the necessary votes for expansion depends on how they split the money and they haven't figured out a way to do it that makes 13 teams happy.
They only need 12, right? It seems like right now they are trying make everyone happy and get to 15.

Maybe just accept that nothing will make Florida State and Clemson happy and focus on what it would take to flip UNC or NC State?

this pro cal sentiment is myopic & ethnocentric in its perspective (and honestly kinda naive), the acc prezs & acc commish primary goal with acc expansion is not to facilitate invitations to calford & smu, it's to get all 15 current schools working together including clemson & florida state to not tryna break the gor before 2036

and who knew coach wilcox (all white guys kinda look the same) is the lead singer for blur?

got it?

I am sure that the ACC commissioner would love to keep the GOR intact to 2036. But I am fairly confident that many of the ACC presidents would be very open to finding a way out of the GOR. For sure Clemson, FSU, Miami and likely UNC.

Adding Cal and Stanford (And SMU) if they have voting rights immediately hurts the option of having a simple majority of teams decide to leave and dissolve the conference. So FSU and Clemson in particular are asking for an incentive to vote them in. That incentive is the tier 1 rights money that Cal, Stanford and SMU will not get to start.

They want that money upfront. They feel they deserve it as they draw the eyeballs. They want a higher share of the tier 1 rights. I cannot see the ACC doing that. They would want that money to be either shared or used for success initiatives and travel offsets.

I do not see the ACC getting a unanimous vote on this. They only need 12 but likely do not want to ruffle the feathers too hard of FSU and Clemson in particular. But also likely Miami and UNC. NC State will likely follow big bro UNC and vote as they do.

Not allowing Calford and SMU to have immediate voting rights could be a compromise that allows this invite to happen. I think if the ACC decides to spread the money evenly they will never get the votes of FSU and Clemson and possibly others unless they keep Calford and SMU from having immediate voting rights.

It will be interesting to see how this eventually breaks down. FSU and Clemson know their value on the open market. The GOR is a big impediment. I cannot see either voting for Calford and SMU unless the ACC is willing to share the tier 1 rights as an unequal split. Likely $15M apiece with the balance being split among the others and for travel offsets.

sosheezy
6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

Quote:

got it?

I am sure that the ACC commissioner would love to keep the GOR intact to 2036. But I am fairly confident that many of the ACC presidents would be very open to finding a way out of the GOR. For sure Clemson, FSU, Miami and likely UNC.

Adding Cal and Stanford (And SMU) if they have voting rights immediately hurts the option of having a simple majority of teams decide to leave and dissolve the conference. So FSU and Clemson in particular are asking for an incentive to vote them in. That incentive is the tier 1 rights money that Cal, Stanford and SMU will not get to start.

They want that money upfront. They feel they deserve it as they draw the eyeballs. They want a higher share of the tier 1 rights. I cannot see the ACC doing that. They would want that money to be either shared or used for success initiatives and travel offsets.

I do not see the ACC getting a unanimous vote on this. They only need 12 but likely do not want to ruffle the feathers too hard of FSU and Clemson in particular. But also likely Miami and UNC. NC State will likely follow big bro UNC and vote as they do.

Not allowing Calford and SMU to have immediate voting rights could be a compromise that allows this invite to happen. I think if the ACC decides to spread the money evenly they will never get the votes of FSU and Clemson and possibly others unless they keep Calford and SMU from having immediate voting rights.

It will be interesting to see how this eventually breaks down. FSU and Clemson know their value on the open market. The GOR is a big impediment. I cannot see either voting for Calford and SMU unless the ACC is willing to share the tier 1 rights as an unequal split. Likely $15M apiece with the balance being split among the others and for travel offsets.

If ultimately FSU and Clemsons votes to expand aren't needed, I don't see the other teams voting a specific earmark directly to those 2, it will be an incentive pool for winning, of which they'll always be favorites to achieve
6956bear
sosheezy said:

6956bear said:

Shocky1 said:

Quote:

got it?

If ultimately FSU and Clemsons votes to expand aren't needed, I don't see the other teams voting a specific earmark directly to those 2, it will be an incentive pool for winning, of which they'll always be favorites to achieve
I agree. But FSU and Clemson declare they are the most watched teams and deserve a higher share of the tier 1 rights. Yes they have been winning and likely would be in line to receive the winning incentive shares, but they fundamentally believe they should get more more from the tier 1 rights as the most watched teams.

For them to get the same dollars as BC and Syracuse really rubs them wrong. They are leading the charge to dissolve the conference as well. At present they only have 7 votes to do so. They need 8. Adding Calford and SMU would mean they need to get to 9 votes. Seems unlikely. So they want to get paid to vote yes on expansion. Upfront.

But it takes just 12 yes votes for Calford and SMU. So the ACC can add without their votes. But I do believe there are some other schools that want concessions to vote yes. Voting rights would seem to be a big concession.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CghZqZCPEIg
acc expansion from a cal football recruiting standpoint:

getting into a conference with a texas presence like smu is a +1 bonus for the cal football program, my informed take is that there might be as many players from texas as california in the 2024 signing class...the bears future schedule needs to include a game in the king of the hill lone star state every season

also think that tryna open up florida selectively (due to the geographical distance, shocky got maps & ****) would be a recruiting plus for marshall & team...the popular nando is from biscayne bay (where the cuban gentlemen sleep all day), the explosive david reese from ft pierce is gonna share one of the outside linebacking positions snaps with the rangy x man & hard hitting safety raymond woodie (former seminole) is a key leader of the 2023 takers

there are 3.5+ gpa +1 athletes in florida that r kinda tired of the 2 inch blood sucking insects & the academically scrappy azz in state skools that would be interested in year round 70 degree bay area weather experiences on the left coast at the #1 ranked public university in the world
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

yeah there r a lotta +1 athletic quick twitch curvy brunette yoga females in florida from academically mediocre skools that wanna date & marry cal, stanford & ivy league grads when they enter the real world & realize it's a fiercely competitive global economy that unapologetically favors the well educated that craps on guys who spent their college daze at pool parties instead of building generational wealth

but u can ignore this post if u from 63rd, ok?...it's now or never

let's ******* go (to disneyworld in orlando, don't be a ******* dumb azz, better to palm a tight azz)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

wut up benji, r u saying the monster is gonna get paid or earn credits for this ****?

for free (another one)#
Benji will compensate you in BBQ!!
Don't think he has background knowledge on your 32 oz green drink, sorry.
Shocky1

89, ur probably rite (as usual), benji's 32 oz green drinks got different **** in them than mine

https://instagr.am/p/Cu4dijWtTrT
Shocky1

sorry jacob but cal is not gonna join either the big 12 or the big cities conference
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

6'3" 250 lbs 3.3 gpa apex predator edge defender from mansfield summit high school (dallas) texas#

the university of california, berkeley-#1 ranked public university in calveston (wut's ur other skools ranked?)

welcome legend journey & his proud moms to the university of calveston

the future smu home battle in dallas is gonna be circled on the calendar for sure

the university of california, berekley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including texas)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Ct4lePzMiNa
california golden bears 2024 class: 11 commitments

5 from texas
4 from california
2 from washington

university of calveston (y'all)#
Shocky1

pga tour championship: 3rd round
colin still managed to smile after a grinding 73 & max made a mini jump up the leaderboard with a 69

fed ex championship (counts for winning a ****ton of money, $18,000,000 to the champ):
1. victor hovland-20 under par
2. xander schaufelle-14 under par
3t. colin morikawa-13 under par
3t. keegan bradley-13 under par
11t. max homa-8 under par

72 holes stroke play championship (counts for official world golf rankings):
1t colin morikawa-12 under par
1t. victor hovland-12 under par
3. xander schaufelle-11 under par
4. keegan bradley-10 under par
12t. max homa-4 under par

will be fun to root for morikawa (who will be announced as a usa ryder cup selection on monday) to win the stroke hole championship tomorrow even if the tv announcers have been directed not to reference this competition despite it basically being the equivalent of winning an elevated pga tour event
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

pga tour championship: 3rd round
colin still managed to smile after a grinding 73 & max made a mini jump up the leaderboard with a 69

fed ex championship (counts for winning a ****ton of money, $18,000,000 to the champ):
1. victor hovland-20 under par
2. xander schaufelle-14 under par
3t. colin morikawa-13 under par
3t. keegan bradley-13 under par
11t. max homa-8 under par

72 holes stroke play championship (counts for official world golf rankings):
1t colin morikawa-12 under par
1t. victor hovland-12 under par
3. xander schaufelle-11 under par
4. keegan bradley-10 under par
12t. max homa-4 under par

will be fun to root for morikawa (who will be announced as a usa ryder cup selection on monday) to win the stroke hole championship tomorrow even if the tv announcers have been directed not to reference this competition despite it basically being the equivalent of winning an elevated pga tour event

Shocky, what do you think of the course where The Cup will be played???
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cteh-2ENMHH
89, the 2023 italian ryder cup venue marco simone is a mediocre 1980's american style "championship" course of little architectural interest but to be honest with you the only exceptional golf course in italy is the charming villa d'este in lombardia

my favorite place in italy is the spectacular il san pietro di positano hotel on the amalfi coast, yoga in the morning, followed by a swim in the ocean & the afternoon hotel powerboat to capri for shopping/sightseeing

https://instagr.am/p/CurgzUPI2bM
yeah golf in italy isn't really my thing

https://instagr.am/p/BmQmTV7AUdb
scusami a che ora e la lezione di yoga?#
First Page Last Page
Page 140 of 320

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.