cal's monster offensive line

1,532,772 Views | 9985 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

smu vs cal, a future protected rivalry

the university of calveston (luvs recruiting in the king of the hill state of texas)#
Shocky1
acc prez zoom call rescheduled for this evening
75bear
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwiAXvJM8dK
congrats to haas biz grad colin morikawa & honorary california golden bear (thx to my favorite pole/berkeley grad alison) rickie fowler on this morning's annoucement to the 2023 usa ryder cup along with cal's monster class longtime reader max homa

What do you think of the Justin Thomas pick? He clearly had an awful season by his standards, but he does have lots of experience. I'm guessing he'll play less than he normally has in past Ryder Cups.

Our USA squad has been as unsuccessful in Europe as our Cal Bears have been in the LA Coliseum. Maybe this is the year we pull one out in Italy??
juarezbear
75bear said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwiAXvJM8dK
congrats to haas biz grad colin morikawa & honorary california golden bear (thx to my favorite pole/berkeley grad alison) rickie fowler on this morning's annoucement to the 2023 usa ryder cup along with cal's monster class longtime reader max homa

What do you think of the Justin Thomas pick? He clearly had an awful season by his standards, but he does have lots of experience. I'm guessing he'll play less than he normally has in past Ryder Cups.

Our USA squad has been as unsuccessful in Europe as our Cal Bears have been in the LA Coliseum. Maybe this is the year we pull one out in Italy??
Definitely the most controversial captain's pick. He picked JT because of his strong record in match play and previous Ryder Cup experience. There will be a ton of pressure on JT to perform for both his and Zach's sakes. The pairing for JT will be critical. Not sure who the best partner might be. Could be Xander. Brooks would be an interesting match because they're both insanely competitive - that could be either really good or really bad. Maybe Speith is the best partner....
Jeff82
He got picked because he and Spieth are best friends, and have been a formidable pair in past team competitions. He's got time to try and get the game back in shape, and I think, going overseas, there's some value in having some continuity in the team, given that there are also a number of Ryder Cup rookies, including Max Homa. Playing in Italy is going to be nothing like playing the Presidents Cup at home.
JimSox
Shocky1 said:

acc prez zoom call rescheduled for this evening

Ok. Do we have the votes?
Big C
^^^ supposedly, if they are voting, that means it's because they have the votes ^^^
JimSox
Big C said:

^^^ supposedly, if they are voting, that means it's because they have the votes ^^^

Yeah but now there's a report that there is no meeting and no votes have flipped but talks continue. See the "realignment" thread.
KenBurnski
My name is huh, name is what, name is chicky chicky Slim Wadie. Is this **** about to get live? Are we ACC'n?
JimSox
KenBurnski said:

My name is huh, name is what, name is chicky chicky Slim Wadie. Is this **** about to get live? Are we ACC'n?

Not unless at least one vote has flipped to yes
Shocky1
KenBurnski said:

slim wadie tole me "life is not linear"

acc or close up the shop#
Shocky1
JimSox said:

KenBurnski said:

Not unless at least one vote has flipped to yes
wrong, the purpose of acc expansion is not to add calford & smu, it's to gain consensus among the acc prezs including clemson & florida state to ensure that they don't break the gor before 2036

the flippah votes r already there but the holdouts want a larger piece of the revenue pie

the acc comish is not tryna railroad a 13-2 majority vote to ensure expansion, got it?
Shocky1
2023 ryder cup:

75, agreed jt had an awful season by his standards but honestly think he's the right choice given his stellar ryder cup record...and with 30 years of losses this team needs as many alpha males in the room when competing on foreign soil

hollywood, zach johnson has indicated that he solicited/received a lotta feedback from the core 6 players who earned team usa invitations re: who they want on the team & want to be paired with in competition

there are a couple of groupings that will be based upon trusted friendships:

*****jt & spieth: best friends forever, arguably the usa top team

*****xander & cantlay: reality is that ucla grad patrick is pompous & not liked by his peers on the pga tour plus he's a very slow player...xander & cantlay play a lotta golf together in so cal, this pairing is almost mandatory

*****scottie scheffler & rookie sam burns, off the course buddies

*****rickie fowler & bruce kopeka, neighbors in jupiter florida

*****homakawa: berkeley boys but reality is that everybody on the team would be comfortable playing with either of them

jeff, 100% that the atmosphere/playing in italy is not even remotely like it's gonna be at the 2025 ryder cup at bethpage black on long island & that's why the usa team got a 3 decade long losing streak overseas
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CwX6PPTLhsw
2023 cal golf line up for the september 3rd-5th marquette tournament:

coach walter chun has set the line up/traveling squad for the bears opening tournament of the much anticipated 2023 campaign at former us open site erin hills which is northwest of milwaukee, there is more elite talent on this team since the kim/homa/hagy/weaver/stalter team that wuz arguably the greatest team in the history of college golf:

1. sampson zheng: no surprise here for the #30 ranked player in the nation, got potential pga tour upside
2. tony cheng: one of the fastest rising players in the pac 12, competed at the 2023 us amateur @ cherry hills
3. ethan chung: kinda surprising, the usc transfer appears to be putting it all together
4. ethan fang: the incoming top 5 player in the 2023 class from plano texas got unlimited upside
5. daniel heo: last season's strong freshman performance wuz not a fluke
individual-eric lee: #1 ranked player in the 2023 class, this is sorta like jaylen brown coming off the bench

not traveling with the team this week is 2023 us amateur competitor aaron du
Shocky1
JimSox said:

Ok. Do we have the votes?

jimmy, votes for wut?
bearister
Berkeley CC, formerly Mira Vista, has some incredible views of the Bay Area. I took this photo in 2019 at a fundraiser for St. Mary's HS. You can see the GG Bridge in the background.

Cancel my subscription to the Resurrection
Send my credentials to the House of Detention
I got some friends inside
Shocky1
wut up, bearister, missed u around here

berkeley cc wuz redesigned by talented phx based architect forest richardson (also did baylands & peacock gap in the bay area, his daughter haley lu is an actress on white lotus) & honestly it's still a pretty awkward design with some funky azz holes with dramatic scenic views of the bay on many holes...8 bears shooting/breaking par on a windy day in qualifying competition is pretty amazing ball striking/course management discipline

playing berkeley cc is kinda like drinking at a dive bar, u gotta be prepared for the unexpected

https://instagr.am/p/CE-Y6n2hIrm
the fish (don't be a ******* snob, shocky)#
bearister
Morikawa had a great opening two days adding -15 to his -1 start going into the Tour Championship. Max placed well too. Hovland is a human buzzsaw right now.
AZ Bear
I remember the Kingfish fondly! Didn't it burn down a few years ago, or nearly so?
Shocky1

roadtrip (maps, coffee & sunscreen r kinda important for driving to denton)#
Shocky1
zony, rumour is that bearister burned the fish for the insurance money & then defended himself in court but luckily the jury foreman wuz a regular at the fish with a large unpaid bar tab so it all turned out kinda ok...yeah there's no valet parking or something at the fish
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

zony, rumour is that bearister burned the fish for the insurance money & then defended himself in court but luckily the jury foreman wuz a regular at the fish with a large unpaid bar tab so it all turned out kinda ok...yeah there's no valet parking or something at the fish
I would have loved to sit at the fish with Evan Weaver and BRETT JOHNSON just talkin' about stuff!!!
oscarsBBurger
The fish reopened on Telegraph, literally moved the whole building, with what I believe is the old center court from Harmon gym? Maybe someone can confirm that.

Either way still great place to grab a beer before a Bears game, quick stop at smokehouse on the way towards campus, perfect game day.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

6'5" 295 lbs defensive tackle (could potentially flip to offensive tackle) nuku mafi from west high school in salt lake city wuz a high priority guest of honor at cal's 2024 junior day

nuku is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.7 gpa but more importantly he got good hair (unlike coach browning)

with the 2024 california golden bears high school class projected to target around only 13-15 true student athletes, schollys are already at a premium which makes mafi's actionable offer even more special, he's a true all american

make no mistake about it, nuku is a grown azz man

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that are tired of the freezing azz snow)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
https://instagr.am/p/Cs1akbALsgK
cal's monster offensive line recruiting update:

offense tackle prospect 3.7 gpa nuku mafi got 3 official visits scheduled:

cal: september 9th
utah: september 23rd
nebraska: september 30th

the bears 2023 class currently got 11 high school commits with a target of signing 2 trench workers...in addition to nuku mafi, it's possible that if cal formalizes an invitation to the acc & oregon state is relegated to a west coast minor league conference that current beavers commits 4.0 gpa david abajian and/or 3.4 gpa payton stewart might flip to the #1 ranked public university in the world & pass on an academically sorry azz coos bay degree or something

pound for ground#
bearister
oscarsBBurger said:

The fish reopened on Telegraph, literally moved the whole building, with what I believe is the old center court from Harmon gym? Maybe someone can confirm that.

Either way still great place to grab a beer before a Bears game, quick stop at smokehouse on the way towards campus, perfect game day.

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

oShocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Official announcement from the empty desk of the Athletic Director:

Greetings Cal Bears Fans!

As someone who lives almost half the year in Colorado Springs while building up my real estate empire here while commuting to the kinda Commie Bay Area, I share your deep disappointment with yesterday's news that was relayed to me today that Colorado is departing from the Pac 12.

No doubt it's going to be significantly more challenging for me to expense my trip homes for key Rocky Mountain Wednesday Night Senior League hockey matches on a go forward basis.

Our student athletes in all of our non revenue sports just set a world record for the most trash bags ever collected on Telegraph Avenue plus I've directed my CFO to borrow $11,000,000 to ensure my $1,300,000 annual salary checks are safeguarded from the likelihood of diminished future revenue flows.

Go Bears!!!

General James Arthur Knowlton

sit down & shut the **** up, shocky (stormin' the floor is against the rules)#

Shout out to all Cal Bears Fans!

Just a quick update, our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team defeated the Durango squad 5-4 in overtime last nite, now we're advancing to the next round of the playoffs with a huge upcoming rematch at Castle Rock.

Markeisha tells me everything is going good back at the office and that the next round of call back interviews with prospective candidates to add to our current understaffed Communications team of 11 professionals will take place Friday morning.

Go Bears!!!

Good morning from the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

Wow, couldn't be more excited to share with you that our Colorado Springs Senior All Star hockey team is moving on in the playoffs with a big grudge match this Wednesday night at Vail.

Let's keep it positive here, huge props to my friend Greg Richardson for not only censoring/terminating Cal's Monster Class twice but also his recent article "Cal's Athletic Future" which did not blame me or hold me responsible for anything. Many thanks, amigo!

It's also great to hear that some influential donors think this confusing conference alignment stuff is 100% Chancellor Christ's problem to figure out, I could not agree more!

Go Bears!!!

P.S. When Shocky points out that my oldest son got a post on Facebook comparing Michelle Obama to the Predator that just shows he doesn't get our family's funny sense of humor and shared values.
Official annoucement from the empty desk of the Athletic Director:

Top of the morning during my flight from clean & beautiful Colorado Springs to the kinda commie Bay Area!

Exciting news, our CS Sr All Star team defeated Ballyneal 5-4 in overtime as we held Dwayne "the Great One" Schletsky to only 2 goals, big win!

As I get caught up on last week's email it appears that we may get an invitation to join the ACC for all Olympics sports and the WCC for football but maybe I got that backwards or something. Anyways when I get back to the office this afternoon this will be my TOP priority.

Go Bears!!!

Great news, I just got notification that I've been upgraded to Frontier Airiline's Diamond Platinum VIP Club based upon my weekly (sometimes more than that) flights from Colorado Springs to the Bay Area!!!

This means I will not only get pre boarding access before the flight staff but also FREE extra luggage for my hockey equipment.

It's a GREAT day to be a Bear!

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Ct4lePzMiNa
california golden bears 2024 class: 11 commitments

5 from texas
4 from california
2 from washington

university of calveston (y'all)#
https://instagr.am/p/CsXI_4Qx_O1
craig woodson, grand prairie
miles williams, mansfield
mason mangum, austin
colin gamble, flower mound
matthew littlejohn, san antonio
king doerue, amarillo
marcus scott, houston
ashton stredick, needville
myles jernigan, grand prairie
curlee thomas, keller
martin tine, houston
mathew wykoff, magnolia
asher alberding, houston

team flys out tomorrow afternoon arriving around 5:00 pm local time, every california golden bear listed above is already conditioned to the above heat

homecoming kings (do u got an extra 10-15 north texas tixs u wanna unload?)#

GoldenB
oscarsBBurger said:

I used to get schooled in shuffleboard by the locals at The Fish and had to buy a drink token for them just to get on the table. Not sure if that is such a good memory.
Shocky1
89Bear said:

Shocky1 said:

I would have loved to sit at the fish with Evan Weaver and BRETT JOHNSON just talkin' about stuff!!!
https://instagr.am/p/2hTgL5lQnc
i would love to sit at the fish with allison just talking' about how rickie is worser at yoga & stuff plus got a much lower gpa than shocky!!!!
Shocky1
goldenb, getting shaken down, that's all just part of ur berkeley edukation
KenBurnski

There's some philosophical crossover between the daily grind of a badazz OL and a mentally limitless yogi fueled on smoothies and egg salad.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cv6FSTDA1e9
burnski, the reality is that yoga teachers got more +1 athleticism & quick twitch movements than tony franklin (and probably even cal's monster offensive line too)

real talk#
Jeff82
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwX6PPTLhsw
2023 cal golf line up for the september 3rd-5th marquette tournament:

coach walter chun has set the line up/traveling squad for the bears opening tournament of the much anticipated 2023 campaign at former us open site erin hills which is northwest of milwaukee, there is more elite talent on this team since the kim/homa/hagy/weaver/stalter team that wuz arguably the greatest team in the history of college golf:

1. sampson zheng: no surprise here for the #30 ranked player in the nation, got potential pga tour upside
2. tony cheng: one of the fastest rising players in the pac 12, competed at the 2023 us amateur @ cherry hills
3. ethan chung: kinda surprising, the usc transfer appears to be putting it all together
4. ethan fang: the incoming top 5 player in the 2023 class from plano texas got unlimited upside
5. daniel heo: last season's strong freshman performance wuz not a fluke
individual-eric lee: #1 ranked player in the 2023 class, this is sorta like jaylen brown coming off the bench

not traveling with the team this week is 2023 us amateur competitor aaron du

Given the talent on this team, you could probably have an enjoyable afternoon just watching the qualifiers. The fact that Aaron Du couldn't crack the line-up (assuming he's healthy) after winning the U.S. AM Four-Ball with Sampson says a lot about the team depth.

I'm going to the fundraiser dinner next Friday. It'll be fun to talk to these guys.
Jeff82
bearister said:

Berkeley CC, formerly Mira Vista, has some incredible views of the Bay Area. I took this photo in 2019 at a fundraiser for St. Mary's HS. You can see the GG Bridge in the background.

Renovation by Forrest Richardson of Scottsdale, AZ. who also designed the renovation at Baylands Golf Links in Palo Alto, my home course. The greens at Berkeley are tough, and the wind can blow like mad there, but I enjoyed the one round I played there with two member friends, when I was checking on Forrest's work.
Shocky1
Quote:

why would a crafty lefty facilitating/distributing point guard from georgia like 6' 175 lbs jeremiah wilkinson commit to an academically mediocre school like mississippi state in the nasty azz humid deep south?

is jeremiah not aware of the recent georgia true student athlete jaylen brown that fell in the left coast sun before he signed his recent nba super max contract of $305,000,000+?

https://instagr.am/p/CwMaD6ar4Zc

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth both on the court with nba development by via coach madsen & the classrooms of berkeley)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
First Page Last Page
Page 142 of 286

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.