cal's monster offensive line

1,737,963 Views | 10775 Replies | Last: 26 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
https://instagr.am/p/Cw75qsJLDeA
the olympic club lake course reopened for its members this past friday after a massive gil hanse renovation with trees gone (which will allow the turf to improve/become more firm with greater sunlight), greens expanded 20-30% & fairway bunkers added on multiple holes...the only hole repositioned in the routing is the fun uphill drivable par 4 7th hole as the green is now longer & further to the right which should shorten the previously awkward walk to the 8th teeing grounds

free clam chowder in the clubhouse#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cw75qsJLDeA
the olympic club lake course reopened for its members this past friday after a massive gil hanse renovation with trees gone (which will allow the turf to improve/become more firm with greater sunlight), greens expanded 20-30% & fairway bunkers added on multiple holes...the only hole repositioned in the routing is the fun uphill drivable par 4 7th hole as the green is now longer & further to the right which should shorten the previously awkward walk to the 8th teeing grounds

free clam chowder in the clubhouse#

Wow, I had a hard time identifying the new holes. I do remember what he was saying about #4. #3,4,5 were a touch stretch of holes. 4 and 5 were especially tough: long (at the time), narrow, dog leg par 4s whose fairways sloped opposite ways. Wood woods, forged irons, balata balls from the blues and you better be good.
mbBear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CuxKIOEIazx

the quest completed (the future is unknowable)#
https://instagr.am/p/CseNnxvLMXC
https://top100golf.blogspot.com/2006/01/people-who-have-played-top-100-golf.html

the global golf centurion club (g2c2) world top 100 hall of fame updated to include shocky's completion of the most current (2021) list

honestly it's time to get some new hobbies/passions, anybody got a list & wanna travel with me to the world's top 100 yoga/meditation studios or something?

change in life is healthy (and so r doggy kisses)#
mb, thx u so much for showing an interest in me & my life!!!

sometimes i kinda feel like the cal football program that nobody truly loves me other them them rescues mixed mutt doggys that i tongue kiss all the time, it's kinda a lonely existence

anyways, gotta give u the info u requested, so here we go

my personal goal of becoming a certified substitute yoga teacher at the t-rex yoga studio in yountville has hit a snag in that ima not passing the california certification licensing background check or something...something about having sex with a curvy brunette yoga female on the pitcher's mound at evans field, muir woods & stinson beach back in the day...gonna try to get this resolved when I travel to napa this upcoming week to coach up max homa during his thursday & friday rounds at silverado

https://instagr.am/p/CZUlDjQrySJ
as for my recent bowling achievements, here's some footage of the trophy winning us open championship roll

also been real busy working with my trainer taj davis (who has earned more gameday snaps as a dynamic wide receiving threat) who tole me recently my post fight reactions r not amped up enuf per the shocky brand so gonna work on that too

look mb, i 100% appreciate ur interest so if ur at next saturday's game at 1:00 pm against idaho can we get some 32 oz pregame green drinks together?

nah, take Michael Luckhurst...he isn't doing anything...
Shocky1
mb, luv ur passion but this isn't the nfl with interchangeable parts that r removed when not functioning at their highest level, ok?

this is college football with true student athletes like michael luckhurst who entered cal from santa barbara with a 4.37 gpa & is making significant academic progress in earning a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world

lucky got all the skillz in the world, the harsh criticism of him reminds me of back in the day when fans wanted jaylen brown benched as a true freshman
Shocky1
82, the secret sauce of the olympic lake (which has always struck me as overrated with its singularly dictated lines of play vs the multi optional strategies found as san francisco golf club) is the reverse camber of the fairways which slope the opposite direction of the dogleg which requires moving the ball both ways which is beyond the abilities of the vast majority of golfers on planet earth
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cw_bFFZM1ZL
monster social etiquette lesson #63

wut up max?

why r u wearing a la lid indoors, r u clueless???

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1
Pac 12 QBR in Week 2

98.3: Caleb Williams, USC

90.4: Michael Penix, Jr., Washington

81.0: Dante More, UCLA

78.0: Bo Nix, Oregon

75.1: Nate Johnson, Utah

68.2: Cameron Ward, Washington State

68.0: Shedeur Sanders, Colorado

60.8: Jayden de Laura, Arizona

50.5: Sam Jackson, Cal

30.1: Jaden Rashada, Arizona State

18.1: Justin Lamson, Stanford

8.9: Bryson Barnes, Utah

big week of prep work for cal's monster offensive line (gotta keep the qb safe from harm's way)#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

82, the secret sauce of the olympic lake (which has always struck me as overrated with its singularly dictated lines of play vs the multi optional strategies found as san francisco golf club) is the reverse camber of the fairways which slope the opposite direction of the dogleg which requires moving the ball both ways which is beyond the abilities of the vast majority of golfers on planet earth

Absolutely right. I probably wouldn't break 100 there from the blues. Still be "fun". I'll have to get an old friend to take me. Another thing I couldn't do at that course anymore is carry a bag 18 holes. I better stop with the things I can't do anymore. I'm going to find out tonight with my son at the Diablo Creek range if I can still hit the ball.
Shocky1
that's awesome 82, enjoy ur son tonite & the magic of golf

the biggest thing i learned in caddying at san francisco golf club during my stinson beach high school & berkeley days wuz that almost all golfers would have way more fun if they didn't bother with a scorecard & a pencil
Shocky1

legendary defensive coordinator & future nfl hall of famer marv lewis (currently the de facto defensive coordinator for asu) tole me during a conversation last winter at desert highlands (he lives off the tee to the right of the par 5 11th hole) with a smirk that cal was "the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against" during the coach wilcox era because of his fear of passing into the middle third of the field...yeah even tho knowlton once tole me to my face that billy m wuz a "genius," nobody with any nfl pedigree shares that dumb azz opinion

marv stacks the box for stuffed running plays & cheats his linebackers & safeties to the perimeter for coverage assistance against the bears leaving only a spy who is tagging the qb for a potential run or slow developing drag routes over the middle

so the bears didn't attack the middle of the field during the 6'2" chase garbers & 6'5" jack plummer seasons, now we got a 5'10" (maybe) quarterback who is challenged to see over defensive linemen and opponents review passing scatter charts for tendencies & flat out know that our head coach is not gonna risk an interception over the middle of the field...this conservatism is also why the bears lead the nation in the most punt return fair catches, our staff's goal is not fumble the ball instead of strategizing for an electric return that scores points/hypes up the team/fans ala desean

and thus the bears throw only sideline routes & the almost always failed tight end blocking screens on the perimeter, nobody is fooled by our predictable tendencies...justin via spav is afraid of quick slants over the middle or passes to the tight ends in space (safer to have them as an extra blocker) while attacking the relatively wide open middle third of the field

and why is this the case?

coach wilcox plays the game not to win but not to lose, he's very conservative (which is probably why he's not married, no he's not gay)

the net result is a lotta one touchdown losses (on the plus side the bears are never blown out) with an elite defense & a schematically dysfunctional offense that don't utilize the entire field to its advantage

the irony in all of this is that the thing that justin is tryna avoid (critical turnovers that lose games) is exactly why the bears lose so many close games

i dunno maybe our coach should consult with matt bouza or somebody and loosen up a little bit, right?

the gutsy 4th & 2 call in bear territory early in the auburn game which my boy ashton stredick tenaciously converted into a 1st down is a step in the right direction

another 14-10 loss#

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CxD5f4ZJ3bs
malik's little bro (got nfl aspirations)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Ct5WkS9shqD
just say no to truck stop academic skools (particularly if u got a 3.91 gpa)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those that wanna build generational wealth via nfl development with coach browning & hard work in the classrooms of berkeley)
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

legendary defensive coordinator & future nfl hall of famer marv lewis (currently the de facto defensive coordinator for asu) tole me during a conversation last winter at desert highlands (he lives off the tee to the right of the par 5 11th hole) with a smirk that cal was "the easiest team in the pac 12 to gameplan against" during the coach wilcox era because of his fear of passing into the middle third of the field...yeah even tho knowlton once tole me to my face that billy m wuz a "genius," nobody with any nfl pedigree shares that dumb azz opinion

marv stacks the box for stuffed running plays & cheats his linebackers & safeties to the perimeter for coverage assistance against the bears leaving only a spy who is tagging the qb for a potential run or slow developing drag routes over the middle

so the bears didn't attack the middle of the field during the 6'2" chase garbers & 6'5" jack plummer seasons, now we got a 5'10" (maybe) quarterback who is challenged to see over defensive linemen and opponents review passing scatter charts for tendencies & flat out know that our head coach is not gonna risk an interception over the middle of the field...this conservatism is also why the bears lead the nation in the most punt return fair catches, our staff's goal is not fumble the ball instead of strategizing for an electric return that scores points/hypes up the team/fans ala desean

and thus the bears throw only sideline routes & the almost always failed tight end blocking screens on the perimeter, nobody is fooled by our predictable tendencies...justin via spav is afraid of quick slants over the middle or passes to the tight ends in space (safer to have them as an extra blocker) while attacking the relatively wide open middle third of the field

and why is this the case?

coach wilcox plays the game not to win but not to lose, he's very conservative (which is probably why he's not married, no he's not gay)

the net result is a lotta one touchdown losses (on the plus side the bears are never blown out) with an elite defense & a schematically dysfunctional offense that don't utilize the entire field to its advantage

the irony in all of this is that the thing that justin is tryna avoid (critical turnovers that lose games) is exactly why the bears lose so many close games

i dunno maybe our coach should consult with matt bouza or somebody and loosen up a little bit, right?

the gutsy 4th & 2 call in bear territory early in the auburn game which my boy ashton stredick tenaciously converted into a 1st down is a step in the right direction

another 14-10 loss#

What does Wilcox do to have fun???
He really needs to lighten up with yoga or something. Madsen took his group to paintball and was talking trash with them there. Coach Wilcox needs to bring some fun into the program!
Shocky1
89, think coach's idea of fun is fishing with gonzaga basketball's head coach mark few on lake coeur d'alene maybe having a brewski or two
JimSox
Shocky1 said:

Pac 12 QBR in Week 2

98.3: Caleb Williams, USC

90.4: Michael Penix, Jr., Washington

81.0: Dante More, UCLA

78.0: Bo Nix, Oregon

75.1: Nate Johnson, Utah

68.2: Cameron Ward, Washington State

68.0: Shedeur Sanders, Colorado

60.8: Jayden de Laura, Arizona

50.5: Sam Jackson, Cal

30.1: Jaden Rashada, Arizona State

18.1: Justin Lamson, Stanford

8.9: Bryson Barnes, Utah

big week of prep work for cal's monster offensive line (gotta keep the qb safe from harm's way)#

I'd like to see what Sam' QBR would have been without the two interceptions. Both were heaves into the end zone, the first from a mile out on the last play of the half following the holding call on the made field goal, the second on a last chance fourth down and a mile to go following the holding call rolling right near the sideline with nobody open hoping for a miracle. Not saying he was good. Just that those interceptions evidence of mistakes and likely tanked his rating.
harebear
Shocky1 said:

89, think coach's idea of fun is fishing with gonzaga basketball's head coach mark few on lake coeur d'alene maybe having a brewski or two
A lot of the fishies there have a high mercury content, so maybe he does live a bit dangerously.
Shocky1
^^, jimmy those r good points re: sam's qb rating, interceptions kinda affect the grade the same way that failing to follow instructions (or using common sense) in writing ur creative writing literature assignment impacts ur berkeley grade too

shocky luvs stella & mugsy (kitty kisses with slow blinking eyelashes & clenching/unclenching paws while stomping in place=true love)#
Shocky1
^^, hare, yeah that mercury thing is kinda bad stuff

Shocky1

2024 commitment 3.8 gpa tyler knape is an integral trench worker for cal's monster offensive line as coach bloesch & coach saffell rebuild the o-line room to hopefully 18 schollys

the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world (for seabirds flying over the golden gate bridge)

Shocky1

on september 11, 2001 berkeley grad/rugby player mark bingham wuz on flight #93 when he got the following voice message from his moms

"Mark, this is your mom. The news is that it's been hijacked by terrorists. They are probably going to use the plane as a target to hit some site on the ground. I would say go ahead and do whatever you can to overpower them because they are hellbent."

i choose to believe the reports that this american hero said "let' roll, baby" before leading a group of passengers & american airlines flight staff in attacking the cockpit & killing the terrorists which also resulted in their deaths but saved tens of thousands of lives...prez bush had given the order to shoot the plane out of the air in 20 minutes as it's target wuz the white house

taylor's new home in the west village (love you, sweetie, dad will be visiting again soon, please never forget)#

Shocky1

berkeley#
Shocky1

congrats to aaron du (3rd driver swing above) for almost (2 other players birdied the 1st playoff hole to advance) monday qualifying at the yolo flier's club for this week's fortinet pga championship at silverado country club in napa...would've been fun for aaron to play a practice round with 2021 & 2022 defending champ max homa as he competes for the rare hat trick
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

that's awesome 82, enjoy ur son tonite & the magic of golf

the biggest thing i learned in caddying at san francisco golf club during my stinson beach high school & berkeley days wuz that almost all golfers would have way more fun if they didn't bother with a scorecard & a pencil

Had a great time at the range last night. My daughter showed up too. 38 year old twins. I even hit the ball pretty darn well for not playing in a year, living through full conscious losing seizures, taking all sorts of drugs for that, torn retina...blah. blah, blah. Even went back to the house where my wife had spaghetti dinner waiting for us all. This night and the night before, yelling and caring about Cal football, has me believing that my life is getting some of its normalcy back. And I'm going to try the no scorecard idea out at Lincoln
Shocky1

82, kinda seems like ur life is at a fork in the road & u have made the conscious decision to be happy & celebrate the magical outdoors with ur family

that's awesome, a daily 32 oz green drink will assist u in this journey...do u got a sprout nears u?...the 32 oz organic green devotion will purge ur gut of unhealthy **** & add a bounce to ur step...bet

https://instagr.am/p/CqDwde7BKE4
golf scorecards r for losers (who the **** even cares what we shoot?...doggys don't care that's for sure)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those who believe in the magic of the waves at stinson beach)
Shocky1

7:30 pm kick off is perfect, just gotta an invitation to play seattle golf club on gameday

the northwest in the fall (smells like teen spirit)#
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

82, kinda seems like ur life is at a fork in the road & u have made the conscious decision to be happy & celebrate the magical outdoors with ur family

that's awesome, a daily 32 oz green drink will assist u in this journey...do u got a sprout nears u?...the 32 oz organic green devotion will purge ur gut of unhealthy **** & add a bounce to ur step...bet

https://instagr.am/p/CqDwde7BKE4
golf scorecards r for losers (who the **** even cares what we shoot?...doggys don't care that's for sure)#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those who believe in the magic of the waves at stinson beach)

You're a pretty atypical person. And I've been through a lot of forks these last few years. Didn't realize the forks all led to seizure town. I think, I hope seizure town is in the rearview mirror. It did bring about some pretty special changes but at a major cost. Maybe someday we'll get together and play a round of golf.
AZ Bear

Shocky, one of my biggest frustrations on Saturday was that so many of our passes were sideline routes. By the second half I was calling for more quick slants into the middle of the field, but we attempted very few. Do you think that Sam's short stature severely inhibits using the middle of the field? If so, that's a big deal, in my opinion. Hopefully Spav can scheme to open up passing lanes and lines of sight for Sam, cuz otherwise we're too predictable.

I also would have liked to see Sam take off and run more often than he did Saturday. If opponents overplay the sidelines in recognition of Cal's tendencies, wouldn't that open up the middle for Sam to gobble up yardage on delayed scrambles up the middle? I would look for that to happen more in the coming games....let's get opposing defenses nervous about the different weapons we have and the different ways we can attack. Did not really see that on Saturday.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

cal's monster offensive line gameday snaps vs north texas:

tj session: 86
brian driscoll: 84
sioape vatikani: 69
barrett miller: 62
matthew wykoff: 52
brayden rohme: 37
matthew cindric: 31
bastian swinney: 22
trent ramsey: 13
everett johnson: 13
dylan jemtegaard: 13
dashaun harris: 13

pound for ground#
cal's monster offensive line gameday snaps vs auburn:

tj sessions (best overall game of his collegiate career outside of the brutal holding penalty): 80
brian driscoll (strong in pass blocking): 80
sioape vatikani (not living up to his unlimited physicality potential in run blocking): 80
barrett miller (trench worker needs to move guys off the ball in the run game): 80
matthew wykoff (gotta be more quick twitch in pass blocking): 80

coach bloesch gotta find gameday snaps for 6th man brayden rohme, it's gonna be a long season with battle scars along the way

cindo & barrett are out of eligibility after the 2023 season

both brayden & brian got a 6th season of eligibility left for the 2024 season if they opt to return to berkeley...keeping them engaged & luved up is very important

unicorns r hard to find in recruiting#
AZ Bear
Shocky1 said:

as for my recent bowling achievements, here's some footage of the trophy winning us open championship roll

Shocky, I had no idea you were on the pro bowling tour. Some might think that was not really you rolling that strike in that YouTube clip but I know from personally watching you react to Jaivian "the Jet's" 1st down run in Denton, that the guy in the bowling video is really you. [Go Jet!! Jet!! Go....Jet!!!....yeah!!].

#Cal grads have multidimensional talents
Shocky1
^^ zony, ur 100% on the money & the staff reads this monster thread

coach spav has coached up 2 non nfl prototypical qbs in kylar murray & johnny manziel, the dumb azz predicable play calling that don't attack/target the middle 3rd of the field is 100% on the head coach...moving the pocket is always an option as is quarterback draw plays which can be countered by pitchouts to our running backs in open space

if justin can't adjust his uber conservative mindset & his irrational fear of turnovers (tipped passes over the middle of the field into interceptions) we're ******

this saturday's game at 1:00 pm is gonna be very interesting from an offensive schematic perspective

yeah me & marv lewis got all eyes on the playcalling
Shocky1
82, glad ur getting ur **** together...let me know when u wanna meet up for a pregame quick 9 at the par 3 course at tilden park...yeah and keeping score won't be part of the deal
Shocky1
*********it, zony, are you kidding, that's why i did it, who do you think you are?..i am, get it right!

ashton stredick & the jet r the future of cal football#
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

*********it, zony, are you kidding, that's why i did it, who do you think you are?..i am, get it right!

ashton stredick & the jet r the future of cal football#

Shocky, I think we need to get the Jet's speed on the field. Either with pitch outs at RB, or maybe better as a slot receiver with a fly sweep as a regular option to attack or threaten to attack the edges, spreading the defense opening up the middle for Ott/Ifanse/Stredick or with Jackson keeping the ball and going the other way. All of which would eliminate blitzes and open up the passing game.
Big C
Shocky1 said:

coach spav has coached up 2 non nfl prototypical qbs in kylar murray & johnny manziel, the dumb azz predicable play calling that don't attack/target the middle 3rd of the field is 100% on the head coach...moving the pocket is always an option as is quarterback draw plays which can be countered by pitchouts to our running backs in open space

if justin can't adjust his uber conservative mindset & his irrational fear of turnovers (tipped passes over the middle of the field into interceptions) we're ******

this saturday's game at 1:00 pm is gonna be very interesting from an offensive schematic perspective

If you are suggesting that Wilcox is meddling in the offense, I either don't believe that is true, or it's the dumbest move ever. Why hire Spav because our offense sucks, pay him fairly big bucks and then put a straightjacket on him?

If it is happening, exactly how is it happening? Providing "direction" during the practice week as to the offensive game plan? Actually changing certain plays that are being called?

I would guess that this would drive Spav ballistic and create a division within the staff that could/would wreck the team. Also, I figure Spav was told he had the green light to control the offense... before he accepted the job.

OTOH, I don't have a better explanation regarding the inexplicable playcalling last Saturday.
AZ Bear
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

If you are suggesting that Wilcox is meddling in the offense, I either don't believe that is true, or it's the dumbest move ever. Why hire Spav because our offense sucks, pay him fairly big bucks and then put a straightjacket on him?

If it is happening, exactly how is it happening? Providing "direction" during the practice week as to the offensive game plan? Actually changing certain plays that are being called?

I would guess that this would drive Spav ballistic and create a division within the staff that could/would wreck the team. Also, I figure Spav was told he had the green light to control the offense... before he accepted the job.

OTOH, I don't have a better explanation regarding the inexplicable playcalling last Saturday.
Big C, I was thinking of posting something very similar. It defies belief (to me) that Wilcox went to Spav and said:

"Spav, I hired you to fix our offense that has been extremely subpar for several years. So run your offense, but I want you to avoid throwing over the middle cuz Sam is pretty short and can't see properly. So focus repeatedly on the sidelines, except for when you run the ball up the middle, which should be frequently. Also, let's not have Sam scramble much, even if defenses are clearing out the middle cuz we never throw there.
Otherwise, Spav, do your thing, man."

Obviously Wilcox isn't saying that, but, like you, I struggle to imagine how Wilcox would be influencing the offense in that direction.

Also, it's not like throwing to the sidelines is inherently safer than quick strikes up the middle....sometimes it's the opposite.
First Page Last Page
Page 148 of 308

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.