cal's monster offensive line

1,839,834 Views | 11183 Replies | Last: 23 min ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

cal's lefty point guard of the future#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including georgia just ask jaylen brown)
Shocky1
former utah valley superstar aziz bandaogo still not eligible for cincinnati, ncca denied his appeal

my golf buddy larry (owner of the reds) not happy#
Econ141

Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Bq07JsChTeX
doms is thoughtfully working jordan thru postgame yoga poses, yeah that's more fun than the **** that s&c coach brian johnson is teaching to develop quick twitch +1 athleticism

kinda look like k is bleeding out from his elbow so they better get to shavasana sooner than later

too bad doms not a geography major, that's not memorial stadium that's palo alto, yeah she probably needs some monster maps or **** at the big game such as and so forth

cal football is a contact sport#

Shocky1
^^ facts: max homa don't own a single pair of pants that r not wrinkly azz & that master card logo on his shirt collar is ugly as ****

max don't know fashion#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CSfX1t1LPtj
the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked doggy university in the world

my doggy benji aka scrappy doo says its ruff#
Shocky1
Shocky1

not very scary azz (kinda like their cheer/dance teams)#
AZ Bear
Shocky1 said:

not very scary azz (kinda like their cheer/dance teams)#
I watched that video and my predominant thought was:

"Man, I'm so glad I didn't go to Stanford!"
rkt88edmo
I'm digging this year's mascot though, one of the better ones. Band was painful to listen to.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

2:43 am fun facts:

1) doggys are always excited about a late nite bonus walk, lucky leashes up at the tree fort

2) 2 separate security vehicles in the hood just asked me & my doggy pack "is everything ok?"

3) the fact ima wearing my marvel superhero boxers & nothing else is probably contributing to the kinda probing questions from security...yeah clothes r for losers
https://www.target.com/p/marvel-mens-2-pack-vintage-superhero-comic-boxers-underwear-boxer-briefs-multicolored/-/A-86086565

4) security in my hood drive jeeps & don't wear yellow jackets like they do in berkeley when innocent people are just tryna to exercise their 6th amendment right to ******* storm the field/court/yoga studio

go to bed, shocky (is melatonin a sign of drug abuse for the sofa king?)#

today's monster mailbag:

the above foto may or may not be actually my hoa's director of security/naval seals operations

gotta letter today from my hoa making the observation that ima walking around late at nite with my doggys in my boxers, so wut?

benji aka scrappy doo don't got no clothes, nobody talks **** about him, right?

yeah that's some crazy azz **** in the tree fort hood, almost as crazy as spav not getting jaydn ott pitchouts to the WIDE side of the field in space

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CEhVsAXgHo5
cal's monster class MVP of the washington state victory award:

congrats to floridian david reese on his breakout violent alpha predator edge defender masterpiece at memorial stadium against the cougs with 3 sacks for a game changing 37 yards among his 6 tackles & a critical knocked down pass when he high football iq inserted himself in the passing lane

and kudos to coach sirmon for innovatively scheming reese standing/lining up over the center in passing situations

cannot wait to see wut's up for david in palo alto in the big game next weekend

the florida project (one of shocky's most beloved movies of all time, he's a candy azz soft crybaby)#
89Bear
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CEhVsAXgHo5
cal's monster class MVP of the washington state victory award:

congrats to floridian david reese on his breakout violent alpha predator edge defender masterpiece at memorial stadium against the cougs with 3 sacks for a game changing 37 yards among his 6 tackles & a critical knocked down pass when he high football iq inserted himself in the passing lane

and kudos to coach sirmon for innovatively scheming reese standing/lining up over the center in passing situations

cannot wait to see wut's up for david in palo alto in the big game next weekend

the florida project (one of shocky's most beloved movies of all time, he's a candy azz soft crybaby)#

Kudos to Coach Sirmon. Wish he got creative earlier in the season!!!
Hope he keeps it up.
Shocky1
agreed 89, peter's comment a week ago that any changes to creating pass rushing pressure would require a deep dive in the offseason (which is exactly wut they wuz gonna do after LAST season) wuz scary azz, great coaches like kyle wittingham adapt in real time
Shocky1

barrett miller's unique from both sidelines re: the big game, luv this guy

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for remarkable trench workers/friends for life who come together on cal's monster offensive line for the 2023 big game one more time)

Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

high priority 2024 apex predator edge defender salesi manu will be taking an official visit to byu this weekend
correction: salesi tripped to provo last weekend
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

checking into the claremont hotel for an official visit this weekend is 6'3" 240 lbs apex predator sack master salesi manu from reno's bishop manogue high school (the home of sioape vatikani) who plays with a poly bad azz relentless motor kinda like his dad charles who played for the wolfpack back in the day

and let's be real here, cal's outside linebackers have not consistently made plays behind the line of scrimmage during 2023, an infusion of quick twitch +1 athleticism is gonna be necessary for a better bears defense in the 2024 acc season

warning: do NOT watch the following video which got violent images if u got heart condition issues or something

washington state (which will be playing in a mid major conference along with oregon state next season with the nuclear destruction of the pac 12) is probably the leader right now for salesi who got around a dozen+ offers

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including those of the lds faith & a 3 hour drive to memorial stadium on gamedays for the fam)
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

salesi enjoyed his official visit to berkeley (hosted by sioape) & particularly enjoyed meeting the coaches & also hearing about cal's life after football gameplan

with an official visit to oregon state on october 14th, the official visit to cal on october 28th, there's gonna be one more official to washington state before a final decision

high priority actionable offer targeted apex predator edge defender#
Shocky1
the vast majority of oregon state and washington state current roster players don't got the gpa to clear berkeley admissions, any discussion of specific players without gpa information is kinda pointless

both the beavs & cougs will struggle to keep their current rosters together for 2024 with their mid major football schedules

it would be beyond breaking bad for knowlton to throw them a lifeline & schedule either program in 2024, nobody else in the old pac 12 is gonna play them moving forward

don't confuse truck stop academic skools in the drizzly azz northwest with harvard#
Big C
Shocky1 said:

the vast majority of oregon state and wsahinton state current roster players don't got the gpa to clear berkeley admissions, any discussion of specific players without gpa information is kinda pointless

both the beavs & cougs will struggle to keep their current rosters together for 2024 with their mid major football schedules

it would be beyond breaking bad for knowlton to throw them a lifeline & schedule either program in 2024, nobody else in the old pac 12 is gonna play them moving forward

don't confuse truck stop academic skools in the drizzly azz northwest with harvard#

1. to come to Cal from an OSU-or-WSU as an undergrad football player, what do we think it takes, maybe a 3.0 and credits that transfer into a Cal major?

1a. I wonder if being transfer-eligible in these times might be an incentive for some undergrads at "truck stop schools" to keep their grades up...

2. I feel bad for Beavs and Cougs, but nobody's feeling bad for us -- at least not bad enough to help us -- so that's life in this modern world of dog-eat-dog
Shocky1
big c, a 3.0+ gpa is a good starting point for berkeley admissions, the staff got a limited # of academic silver bullets which is a lengthy process which involves sit down meetings between the prospect & the academic staff to ascertain academic ambition

no need to feel bad for the beavs & cougs, they've out recruited the bears for multiple high school prospects (particularly the o-line with coach m) in recent years...and yeah we 100% got a lifeline when jim & carol wuz sitting on the sidelines eating popcorn and stanford's condoleezza rice & notre dame's jack swarbrick (and to a lesser extent smu's guardian angel george bush) got cal a lifeline invitation to the acc as part of the conference's expansion initiative
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Czr3h-RPmpY
usf's monster class

cal sports wuz apparently not aware that as a member of silver's west coast elite the staff already knew he wuz not gonna commit to the bears

lefty tyrone riley with his 6'5" size/length/high motor to physically defend & breakdown defenders off the dribble with quick twitch +1 athleticism kinda reminds me of my guy tyrone wallace, like t-wall riley will need to improve his current crooked azz perimeter shooting stroke/mechanics

and that's how this board (and basketball staff/assistant coaches who don't respond to welcoming emails from fans) rolls with zero mentions of a key prospect (give cal sports props for tryna create energy) since cal's monster class

yeah tole mark in the tunnel (along with my creative partner hoop dreams) before the kickoff of a football game that it wuz critical that cal's monster class communicate with his staff re: recruiting (as wuz the case with coach montgomery & coach martin), that an asian walk on be added to the roster (madsen tole me he really tried to recruit mongolia's mike sharavjmats who committed to usf & that the team's open walk on tryouts did not produce any good enuf talent) & that all students get free tixs to all games (mark tole me he is 100% supportive of this but until he firmly tells knowlton & his obstinate side kick markeisha this needs to happen it won't happen)

the first three games have seen less than 10,000 aggregated total reported attendance, just winning games is not gonna sell out haas again & create an insanely loud stormin' the floor home court advantage, got it?

any guesses on tonite's attendance at haas?...wut's ur guess, greg?

https://instagr.am/p/CzeNavJstLF
6956bear
Shocky1 said:

agreed 89, peter's comment a week ago that any changes to creating pass rushing pressure would require a deep dive in the offseason (which is exactly wut they wuz gonna do after LAST season) wuz scary azz, great coaches like kyle wittingham adapt in real time
This. We did hear that sacks, pressures and TFLs were going to be a priority heading into this season. Instead we have seen more of the risk averse defense of the prior seasons. The exceptions being WSU and USC games where Cal found a bit of weak link along their OLs and were able to generate some pressure via 4 man rush.

The WSU QB takes some deeper drops than you would like which gives the outside edge rushers a better angle to the QB. The lack of a real running game from WSU did help. WSU had some success running the ball but they are pass first team.

Sirmon suggesting they need a deeper dive in the offseason is fine. Good programs look at what they do every season. But you will always need to adjust on the fly. You encounter injuries, opponents play different year to year etc. I find this staff reluctant to do much change. But even last season some minor tweaks after McClure and Musgrave were let go resulted in some better offensive performance.

JMO but Wilcox as a former DC likely has some real influence over how they operate on defense. Sirmon and Wilcox seem to be very similar in their philosophy regarding defense. If they are going to play the way they have in regards to scheme they have to get much better edge rushers. QB play around the country is too good to play conservatively, you have to pressure the QBs.
Shocky1

stanford best beware of craig woodson (the golden bear reaper)#
Shocky1

coach bloesch is keeping an eye on 2024 6'5" 275 lbs offensive tackle with a borderline 3.0 gpa (trench workers along with qbs are usually the smartest guys on the team due to the complexity of their positions) syris corley from taylor high school in texas

corley plays too upright with not a lotta knee flex in these highlights but that's correctable with developmental coaching

syris don't got an actionable offer right now but things could change as this year's high school recruiting cycle winds down in anticipation of the upcoming crazy azz transfer portal reopening on december 5th

the university of calveston=#1 ranked public university in the world
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
Shocky1
Quote:

I believe Cal students get Football + MBB for a $99 package price. WBB is free to all students.
No con here.
72, ur facts are incorrect, the bench annual pass is $125 a year

berkeley currently got more 1st generation college students from lower socioeconomic backgrounds (which i 100% applaud, the redistribution of wealth in society not thru handouts but rather academic opportunities to build generational wealth thru elite degrees/educations which requires hard work) which means that $125 is not even remotely affordable to them, got it?

look, 72, not tryna pick on u, but u saying poor azz kids from section 8 housing should be able to afford $125 is about as ridiculously out of touch at the gstaad guy wondering why the **** u fly commercial?

but ur not alone, the con artist, his hand picked obstinate (and the dumbest person in the room) markeisha & equally innovatively challenged vasileios iliopoulos share ur view that 125 bucks should be no big deal

and yet haas is empty....game after game

72, wut's ur guess on attendance tonite at haas?...still awaiting greg's projection
Shocky1
Shorts and crocs on Bart is pretty brave

coach reading cal's monster class (with an assist to bluehen)#
Shocky1
hearst, targeting students from middle class backgrounds is also essential, the reality is that there are 7,000-8,000 empty seats every game this season that could've be given via FREE tixs to students which would not only create significantly more crowd noise/energy but also develop the currently critical damaged pipeline of future basketball season tix holders & donors

https://instagr.am/p/CxVtCnMrMBI
where's the next cal billionaire?

the next cal billionaire is studying right now in berkeley, they never went to high school football & basketball games in achieving the valedictorian 4.6 gpa necessary for admission into the #1 ranked public university in the world

they might've grown up in a foreign country that does not play football

they don't go to cal football or basketball games

and with berkeley's focus on offering acceptance letters to students from 1st time college graduate families that the vast majority of time are from lower socioeconomic backgrounds (which shocky supports 100%, the redistribution of wealth in the united states thru elite academic degree opportunities that require hard work & are not government hand outs) these amazing students don't got the $125 for an annual pass to games (that's a middle class luxury)

all of this is lost on markeisha everett who tole me saturday that she will not even consider offering free tixs to all students for all games

so the next cal berkeley billionaire is gonna get venture capital money (did you know that berkeley grads get more vc money that any other university on planet earth including harvard & stanford?) upon earning their degree(s) & they gonna start the next amazon, google, facebook, etc

and when the cal athletic fundraisers reach out to this newly minted 30 year old billionaire they are gonna be tole that they never went to any games during their time in berkeley & they got no interest in donating to any sport teams

yeah markeisha everett is not only the dumbest person in the room but she's also the most arrogant

and she wuz hired by james arthur knowlton
Shocky1

fun fact: my usual cal/golf roadtrip bro slim wadie (creighton grad but been to 25+ bears road games) offered a very insightful non berkeley insider observation at the ole miss game that for some bizarre reason that cal fans love traveling to road games in surprisingly massive numbers

palo alto is gonna be a sea of blue & gold on gameday this weekend in celebration of the birthdays for shocky & max homa...hopefully we both get a special b-day hug (but not from each other) or something from a vip

r u gonna experience the magic of cal football & another potential stormin' the field at stanford stadium?

wut r the epic moments of ur life?

let's ******* go (cal football is the epicenter of the universe)#
harebear
Shocky1 said:

Not to mention it's a wee bit arrogant in today's college fb world to just assume one still has the same job after the season.
Shocky1
hare, ron english would luv to return to berkeley but that's not gonna happen at shoneys
AZ Bear
AZ Bear
Shocky1 said:

hearst, targeting students from middle class backgrounds is also essential, the reality is that there are 7,000-8,000 empty seats every game this season that could've be given via FREE tixs to students which would not only create significantly more crowd noise/energy but also develop the currently critical damaged pipeline of future basketball season tix holders & donors

https://instagr.am/p/CxVtCnMrMBI
where's the next cal billionaire?

the next cal billionaire is studying right now in berkeley, they never went to high school football & basketball games in achieving the valedictorian 4.6 gpa necessary for admission into the #1 ranked public university in the world

they might've grown up in a foreign country that does not play football

they don't go to cal football or basketball games

and with berkeley's focus on offering acceptance letters to students from 1st time college graduate families that the vast majority of time are from lower socioeconomic backgrounds (which shocky supports 100%, the redistribution of wealth in the united states thru elite academic degree opportunities that require hard work & are not government hand outs) these amazing students don't got the $125 for an annual pass to games (that's a middle class luxury)

all of this is lost on markeisha everett who tole me saturday that she will not even consider offering free tixs to all students for all games

so the next cal berkeley billionaire is gonna get venture capital money (did you know that berkeley grads get more vc money that any other university on planet earth including harvard & stanford?) upon earning their degree(s) & they gonna start the next amazon, google, facebook, etc

and when the cal athletic fundraisers reach out to this newly minted 30 year old billionaire they are gonna be tole that they never went to any games during their time in berkeley & they got no interest in donating to any sport teams

yeah markeisha everett is not only the dumbest person in the room but she's also the most arrogant

and she wuz hired by james arthur knowlton
Preach, Shocky, preach!

It's a great point that the financial benefit of 1,000 or even 10,000 small donors would be outweighed by just ONE mega-donor. Look at how Phil Knight transformed the Oregon program over several decades....his impact is so huge as to be almost immeasurable.

So if 2,000 students pay $125 for an annual pass, that raises....$250,000 for the athletic department. Not bad, but a drop in the bucket in the grand scheme of things. Also, NIL $ are much more impactful than athletic department $ in today's game. So if we want to win, we need to cultivate current and future NIL donors, not just raise money for the athletic department to spend on electricity bills and debt paydown.

And to do that -- as Shocky points out -- we need people to care about Cal and have the experience of attending games and rooting for the Bears, so that later they care enough to donate when they have the financial means. So we can start with the students (and concurrently think of ways to draw in other new fans from the surrounding community).

So Shocky is 100% right on this point....it's a great investment to build a fanbase from the ground up -- starting with current students. Yes, this free ticket strategy might not pay big dividends for a decade, or even 2 or 3 decades until one of these kids hits it big and generates the kind of wealth that can make a huge difference if Cal basketball happens to be something that kid ended up caring about (even if just a little).

But getting more students into Haas also means a better home court advantage for our team right now, and it also look a lot better on tv to recruits to see fewer empty seats and more rabid students creating the kind of atmosphere young ballers want to play in.

So I see a recruiting advantage in this strategy RIGHT NOW, along with a tactical home crowd game advantage.

Let's think long term....AND short term. Let's attack the state of our program from multiple angles.

Attention Cal Athletic Department lurkers -- please consider these points and then make sure AD Knowlton receives a print-out of these posts slid under his door at night. Cal Nation thanks you for your service!
sonofabear51
Well written and spoken AZ! Exactly what needs to be done.

GO BEARS!!
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

fun fact: my usual cal/golf roadtrip bro slim wadie (creighton grad but been to 25+ bears road games) offered a very insightful non berkeley insider observation at the ole miss game that for some bizarre reason that cal fans love traveling to road games in surprisingly massive numbers

palo alto is gonna be a sea of blue & gold on gameday this weekend in celebration of the birthdays for shocky & max homa...hopefully we both get a special b-day hug (but not from each other) or something from a vip

r u gonna experience the magic of cal football & another potential stormin' the field at stanford stadium?

wut r the epic moments of ur life?

let's ******* go (cal football is the epicenter of the universe)#
Gotta say I love traveling for football and basketball games. Seen the world with Cal from Sydney to the Deep South to icy Minnesota. Can't even say what my favorite place has been because I have so many favorites. Epic moments: watching an extra point blocked with 11 seconds left in Texas to save a one point victory over the Long Horns, Tyler Frederickson wining the Insight Bowl as time expired, capping off a ridiculous night by AR and Chase Lyman. Goff throwing a record 527 yards in a 60 to 59 win over WSU in beautiful Pullman. Just a few epic moments.
oskiswifeshusband
Unfortunately Colorado Spring brain dead con artist doesn't care about the long term
First Page Last Page
Page 178 of 320

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.