cal's monster offensive line

1,525,920 Views | 9940 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?

https://instagr.am/p/CsukIi2tyZo
+11 by the starting 5 on the two back nine par 3s is NOT the ohana spirit#
Econ141
https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/other/college-rankings-how-academically-good-is-your-football-school/ar-BB1ijuEc?ocid=hpmsn&cvid=8d289efdb00c4e6ca3a1a45170df94fc&ei=32

Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Shocky1
^ wow, cal is 2nd in the nation in combining academics & athletics while miami is 41st, who knew?

11:00 pm on the patio at nobu malibu is go time, baby (ponytails r triggering)#
Shocky1
Econ141 said:

How do you think we netted out on the o-line and d-line taking into account potential redshirts that will now play this year?

econ, these answers to the universe will be largely answered during 2024 cal spring ball, gonna be very exciting to see how this unfolds & develops

if someone wanna opine re: the d-line that would be great, my sense is that the talent is gonna be comparable to last year's room

the truth is that heading into the 2023 season cal's monster offensive line in reality only had 6 players that wuz 100% physically/mentally gameday ready to play p5 football in the trenches & that # went to 5 really quickly when room leader matthew cindric got injured for the season in denton...wishing haas biz ad grad cindo nothing but the best as he pursues his nfl aspirations, the remarkable brian driscoll in his law school quest & the program will miss stanford engineering grad barrett miller who competed like a tunnel union worker in berkeley...nothing but love for brayden rohme (massachusetts) & everett johnson (montana) at their new schools in 2024

and so with that being said, the 2024 cal's monster offensive line in a 2nd year with offensive line coach/offensive coordinator mike bloesch is gonna be significantly deeper with legit gameday ready talent, this is the monster breakdown:

the leaders:

tj session: the fleet footed tackle with quick twitch reflexes gotta opportunity to be an all acc performer in 2024, major upside

sioape vatikani: got nfl measurements but takes plays off, my poly brah gotta play with haka warrior dance energy & enthusiasm on every single ******* play to reach his unlimited potential...getting sleeker this off season would help with his motor

the proven ones:

matthew wykoff: the texan gotta lotta experience & is ready to take the next step in becoming a lockdown starter

bastian swinney: the product of two +1 athletic parents, the interlachen high school grad gotta stay healthy to finally play to his potential

the transfer starters:

rush reimer: the montana state grad got a fearless approach to life & is crazy azz athletic

victor stoffel: the temple grad got 20 d1 starting games experience & elite length, building more strength this offseason is critical

the now ready blueshirts:

martin tine: the houston man is ready to compete for a starting job, he's a serious dude with his eyes on the prize

nick morrow: got more height at 6'8" & more SPEED than anyone in the o-line room, no longer undersized but still needs a strong offseason gaining weight/strength

frederick williams iii: the converted tight end got the high end athleticism coveted by coach bloesch

the question marks:

ender aguilar: sneaky strong

dylan jemtegaard: the smartest guy in the room

the true freshmen:

tyler knape: the future university of calveston grad loves football & it's 100% physicality, a future starter

aiden newbill: the 6'8" texan gotta major upside & will blueshirt building his body for 2025

syris corley: another smash mouth trench worker from texas will need a blueshirt to acclimate academically & build his body for 2025

very optimistic that coach bloesch will make the following key adjustments to the offense:

1) pitch outs to jaydn ott in space, his utilization last season wuz dumb as **** not scheming to get him in open space on the edges with PITCH OUTS

2) attacking the middle 3rd of the field in the vertical passing game, yeah the receivers & tight ends lacked the SPEED to create SEPARATION but opponents also double bracketed the predictable perimeter passing attempts...if the middle 3rd of the field is attacked, jack endries will be a 1st team 2024 all acc tight end

3) incorporating YOGA into the cal football program, s&c coach brian johnson's non innovative approach
is resulting in too many granite statutes (and injuries, bodies not pliable enough to withstand the violence of football) lacking quick twitch +1 athleticism wearing cal football uniforms in 2023...maybe he should finally listen to shocky & his yoga buddy jaylen brown or something

Shocky1
^ important note to all curvy brunette yoga females: the above unsightly body hair on my stomach does NOT accurately reflect my outstanding hygiene & visits to the lunch box for all manzillion hair removal

this is non negotiable, hair (other than ponytails) is for losers

real talk (shut the **** up, shocks, tmi)#

Shocky1

shocky heading to grand canyon university tonite (for the 1st softball game of his life that don't involve stale beer & marshalll cherrington level -1 athleticism tryna hook up with each other after the "game")

is randi roelling really a jaydn ott/jaylen brown generational talent or wut???

is the monster gonna storm the diamond if the bears win or wut???

the magic of cal softball (let's ******* go)#
Shocky1

los angeles pga open 2nd round update:

max homa with a fantastic 65 despite missing a 4 foot birdie putt on the par 12th & failing to get up & down from just off the green on the 15th & 16th holes for bogies (golf is NOT a game of perfection)...max is in position to make a weekend move

collin morikawa made a double bogey mess of the iconic short par 4 10th (he make the cardinal mistake of missing the ball to the right of the fairway which is leaves only impossible options to a deep right pin position) en route to a 71

byeong hun an got on the bogey train on holes 14-17 but birdied the par 4 18th hole for a 72

homa nation#
Shocky1

video games r for losers (try reading books & feed ur brain/imagination)#
Shocky1

wut's ur gpa?

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (and a proud member of the acc in 2024, NOT to be confused with the redneck truck stop towns with dumb azz academics big 12)
Big C

Shocky or anybody, how would you rank the ACC schools, in terms of academic prestige?

I'm thinking something like...

1. California or Stanfurd (may depend on how you value public vs. private)
3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
7. Boston College or Miami?
9. North Carolina?
10. Pittsburgh or Wake Forest?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

Also depends on what metrics you use. Most of the above, after the top few, I am just spitballin'. Could be way off.
JB was a Chieftain
Big C said:

Shocky or anybody, how would you rank the ACC schools, in terms of academic prestige?

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

Also depends on what metrics you use. Most of the above, after the top few, I am just spitballin'. Could be way off.

Looking at the list it looks like Louisville is way way way down the list!
WalterSobchak
Big C said:

I always tell people that as great as the academics are at Cal, I still got a much better education outside of the classrooms than I did inside them.
Please give to Cal Legends at https://calegends.com/donation/ and encourage everyone you know who loves Cal sports to do it too.

To be in the Top 1% of all NIL collectives we only need around 10% of alumni to give $300 per year. Please help spread the word. "If we don't broaden this base we're dead." - Sebastabear

Thanks for reading my sig! Please consider copying or adapting it and using it on all of your posts too. Go Bears!
SBGold
JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

I'd put UNC in the Notre Dame range
calumnus
SBGold said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

Based on 2024 London Times

1. Stanford
2. Cal
3. Duke
4. Georgia Tech
5. North Carolina
6. Boston College
7. Pitt
8. Virginia
9. Notre Dame
10. Miami
11. Florida State
12. NC State
12. Virginia Tech
13. Syracuse
14. Wake
SMU, Louisville….

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking#!/length/-1/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats
Econ141
calumnus said:

SBGold said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

Based on 2024 London Times

1. Stanford
2. Cal
3. Duke
4. North Carolina
5. Boston College
6. Pitt
7. Notre Dame
8. Miami
9. Florida State

https://www.timeshighereducation.com/world-university-rankings/2024/world-ranking#!/length/-1/sort_by/rank/sort_order/asc/cols/stats

Wasn't Berkeley #2 or #3 a year or two on this ranking?
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Big C
JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

a Californian's stereotypes about Kentucky maybe...
Big C
SBGold said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
9. North Carolina?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

my bias, but the Tar Heels lost points for having that scandal a few years back where their basketball players didn't need to know how to read... then they had these fake classes for illiterates and they didn't get put on probation because the classes were open to the general student population, not just athletes

if any of the above is misstated or even not factual, hey, this is Shocky's thread, not mine
Shocky1
^ big c, this is NOT shocky's thread, this is the inclusive monster thread for everyone that bleeds blue & gold...so basically everyone on planet earth except knowlton & some of his dumb azz worthless bureaucrats
Shocky1

beautiful early spring evening with low 70s temps in the desert at grand canyon's sparkling softball facility

offensively, the 3 home runs by mika lee, elon butler & alexis bishop sparked the scoring...after each home run the entire bears team meets the hitter at home plate with a fun bears territory chant kinda like the epic postgame football locker room celebrations at memorial stadium

defensively the bears wuz perfect with zero errors & several absolutely outstanding defensive plays including the diamond holland grant theft larceny on the centerfield fence with an ensuing somersault & also mika lee showing off her rocket arm with a strike to home plate from right field & also forcing out lopes at 2nd base after a single

but shocky attended his 1st softball game to watch phenom (and incoming defensive back brooklyn cheek's girlfriend) randi roelling...sitting behind home plate she clocks in the mid to high 60's mph...a lopes moms from chandler high school tole me that her ball movement is elite...all the gcu runs wuz scored when randi wuz temporarily subbed out only to return & lock down the game

do urself a favor, if u never been to a game, get to strawberry canyon this season & check out this highly competitive lefty work her magic, ok?

https://instagr.am/p/CxRpWyoLKQz
on the way to my car walked by the gcu baseball stadium & spoke with the associate athletic director in charge of marketing...he tole me they had 5,000+ fans at tonite's baseball game (in a city with asu & the arizona diamondbacks as competition) & that all 20,000+ gcu students get FREE tixs to all sporting events on campus & that it builds school spirit & a future pipeline to season tix buyers & mega donors

yeah when randi roellling is on the hill the california golden bears r off to the ******* races

bet

Shocky1

five over par & now getting clown stomped by the competition, why wuz this the worst round of the season for the bears?

after playing the hokuala ocean course (shocky played it when it wuz called the kauai surf resort back in the day, a mediocre high slope rating nicklaus design with the exception of the world class downhill short par 4 16th hole that plays out to an ocean barrier reef with panoramic views of the nearby lighthouse) back nine par 3s in a staggering 11 over par yesterday, the bears starting 5 played them in 10 over par today

21 over par on the 14th & 17th holes is the stuff of the jv team at stinson beach high school, ok?

the 210 yard par 3 14th plays over the ocean, anything short or left is agua fria...the smart play is always right of the pin

the 173 yard par 3 17th hole got a water hazard in front of the green, the smart play is always taking enough club

this **** is not that complicated, hopefully coaches chun & ireland will help their bears make smart as **** strategic decisions while mentoring them on the tee boxes of these 2 round killing holes tomorrow

yeah the sun always rises in the hawaiian islands

don't be a dumb azz#
Shocky1

big 10 gotta lotta freezing azz midwest college towns, the sec is basically nfl football with rampant cheating/money bags but the big 12 is way worser then both of them with truck stop towns (with free internet access) with zero academic standards

real talk (don't be a dumb azz, better to palm a tight azz)#
grrrrah
Maybe, but this 2022 article using US News ranking has them over 100 slots below the next-lowest ACC school (NC State): https://www.usnews.com/education/best-colleges/slideshows/where-acc-schools-rank-among-the-us-news-best-colleges?onepage
Shocky1
^ grrrrah, agreed that louisville is the weakest academically school in the acc but they got good doggy dogs

https://instagr.am/p/CsrOwW5uP4h
HoopDreams
Shocky1 wrote:

but shocky attended his 1st softball game to watch phenom (and incoming defensive back brooklyn cheek's girlfriend) randi roelling...sitting behind home plate she clocks in the mid to high 60's mph...a lopes moms from chandler high school tole me that her ball movement is elite...all the gcu runs wuz scored when randi wuz temporarily subbed out only to return & lock down the game

do urself a favor, if u never been to a game, get to strawberry canyon this season & check out this highly competitive lefty work her magic, ok?

philbert
speaking of doggos and because there's so many lawyers on this board....

Shocky1

walk offf 3 runner home run in the bottom of the 7th with 2 strikes by true freshie kyndal todd from castro valley high school is the game winner, kk got ice in her veins

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including hayward)
Shocky1

despite an opening hole eagle 3 on short downhill sub 500 yards 1st hole, max homa is putting too much internal pressure on himself (deep breathing, max) & shot a visibly agitated 70 and is 5 under par...relax, dude

byeong hun an with a rollercoaster 5 birdies 70 & is 4 under par

collin morikawa is uncharacteristically driving the ball crooked azz (only 22 of 42 fairways hit, 52%) which is putting him out of position & resulting in his sorry azz 44% greens in regulation (usually collin is in the 70%+ range) & shot a 70 & is 2 under par

Econ141
Thanks for the run down - definitely looks like a deep squad finally. No one happier than Ott I am sure.

Hope our defense turns around and Bloesch a surprise hit at OC. Our football lives depend on it now!
Give to Cal Legends!

Shocky1

wut's ur quick twitch +1 athleticism curvy brunette yoga female score? (don't be a male azz stripper)#
Shocky1

the magic of cal basketball#
HoopDreams
Cardiac Bears win another on the last shot

Shocky1

this **** is getting alive (r markeisha & knowlton gonna offer FREE tixs to all students for the final 2 home games next week?)#
Shocky1
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

five over par & now getting clown stomped by the competition, why wuz this the worst round of the season for the bears?

after playing the hokuala ocean course (shocky played it when it wuz called the kauai surf resort back in the day, a mediocre high slope rating nicklaus design with the exception of the world class downhill short par 4 16th hole that plays out to an ocean barrier reef with panoramic views of the nearby lighthouse) back nine par 3s in a staggering 11 over par yesterday, the bears starting 5 played them in 10 over par today

21 over par on the 14th & 17th holes is the stuff of the jv team at stinson beach high school, ok?

the 210 yard par 3 14th plays over the ocean, anything short or left is agua fria...the smart play is always right of the pin

the 173 yard par 3 17th hole got a water hazard in front of the green, the smart play is always taking enough club

this **** is not that complicated, hopefully coaches chun & ireland will help their bears make smart as **** strategic decisions while mentoring them on the tee boxes of these 2 round killing holes tomorrow

yeah the sun always rises in the hawaiian islands

don't be a dumb azz#

after yesterday's ****show 2nd round, the california golden bears played one of the greatest final rounds in the history of cal golf with a 17 under par performance on a nicklaus design with a course rating of 76.2 from the back tees (that's basically the equivalent of the top 4 golfers playing like +8 handicaps, got it?)

the 4 scoring rounds by tony chen (64), ethan fang (67), sampson zheng (68) & nathan wang (72) included an eagle & 25 birdies & zero double bogies or worse...and it played the back nine diabolical par 3 14th & 17th holes in even par, that's just good coaching & adaptive course management by the athletes
sonofabear51
JC hit 2 in a row from almost the exact same spot. He is a cold blooded shooter. Keep an eye on him, I think good things happening for that young man.

GO BEARS!!
Start Slowly and taper off
First Page Last Page
Page 230 of 285

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.