cal's monster offensive line

1,380,709 Views | 9323 Replies | Last: 4 hrs ago by philbert
Shocky1
How long do you want to ignore this user?
^ agreed 51, the smooth lefty gotta beautiful stroke from distance, honestly the unselfish celestine will benefit next season from playing in the backcourt with a facilitating/distributing point guard that is not always looking for his own shot first
Shocky1
cal's proposed basketball facility:

the biggest issue is that knowlton is 100% full of ****, he lied to coach madsen re: the basketball practice facility which resulted in mark making public comments early on that it wuz imminent

the reality is that doug goldman tole me in person on the floor of haas at the game i attended this season that it's not gonna happen anytime soon, doug has withdrawn his $10,000,000 lead donor pledge for this facility he made during the cal's monster class era as a result of a much shared lack of confidence in knowlton

2 football seasons ago knowlton directly tole me during his trot up the 50 yard line aisle at memorial stadium on gamedays during the intermission between the 1st & 2nd quarters that the facility had the funding & that ground breaking would be broken soon

of course he lied to me too

this is the same con artist who set the basketball program back a couple of years & wasted millions of dollars by extending mark fox another season even tho there wuz consensus that he would intensely disliked by the players & arguably the worst recruiting head coach in the nation with his frosty unlikeable personality & too old assistant coaches (a fact lost to general knowlton)

the only chance for the basketball practice facility to be built in our lifetimes is for final 3 candidate
richard lyons to be appointed this june by the board of regents as the next berkeley chancellor & for the sports minded haas biz ad grad to expediently terminate knowlton (who is covertly borrowing tens of millions of dollars that will never have future revenues for repayment rather than cutting sports programs & downsizing the # of worthless bureaucrats that don't bleed blue & gold) & replace him with andrew mcgraw who would be ready to roll on day 1 at 6:45 am with a football & basketball centric gameplan for balancing the budget & building the much needed basketball practice facility

but the biggest issue in the next 48 hours is for the obstinate markeisha & the clueless as **** admiral knowlton to offer free tickets for the bears final 2 home games of the season at haas pavilion

mark, you need to make this ur #1 priority by scheduling a monday morning meeting with the dynamic duo in person & even offering to pay for the tixs if necessary to show ur passion for creating as much energy as possible at the haas of pain...there is no pipeline now for future season tix buyers and/or mega donors, energized students becoming true fans is the key to making this happen

the cal athletic department gotta lotta really bad characters (have not formed an assessment yet re: delaney heller who is "managing" my public information request re: departmental loans from the central campus but make no mistake about it, delaney is on the clock) in knowlton, markeisha, evasive cfo tom lowry & the evil as **** enabler jennifer simon-o'neil but there's a chance to move forward with the appointment of richard lyons as the next chancellor (the other 2 candidates got no track record of any interest in college sports on their social media feeds)

OdontoBear66
SBGold said:

JB was a Chieftain said:

Big C said:

Shocky or anybody, how would you rank the ACC schools, in terms of academic prestige?

I'm thinking something like...

1. California or Stanfurd (may depend on how you value public vs. private)
3. Duke
4. Virginia
5. Notre Dame
6. Georgia Tech?
7. Boston College or Miami?
9. North Carolina?
10. Pittsburgh or Wake Forest?
12. Virginia Tech?
1X. dunno after that

Also depends on what metrics you use. Most of the above, after the top few, I am just spitballin'. Could be way off.

Looking at the list it looks like Louisville is way way way down the list!
I'd put UNC in the Notre Dame range
Agreed. Has an excellent academic rep....Just below UVa of the publics.
Johnfox
Something to note, Jim Knowlton would not have hired Mark Madsen if it wasn't for Mike Montgomery lobbying tirelessly for Madsen. The con artist would have hired the LMU coach if he could choose.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BHnRNwJhqKW
wut wuz the biggest surprise for shocky going to his 1st softball game?

that would be watching with my jaw dropped starting catcher alyssa hererra throw absolute howitzer armed strikes (consistently within a 2 foot window low enough to throw out a wannabe base stealer) between innings while sitting on her knees (with no wind up)

the lopes parents of players sitting around me behind home plate tole me that's a remarkable skillset

good luck to any dumb azzs that wanna steal any bases on the bears this season

alysaa is also batting .375 on limited at bats (3 of 8), she's a true freshie from murietta high school that is striving to get accepted in the haas biz school

yeah the only person on planet earth that is fast enuf to steal a base on alyssa is jaydn ott, anybody else tryna do that **** gotta be crazy or something (come on, singalong rite now...this is a judgement free zone)

)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

this is a recap of a daddy/daughter date for me & taylor back in the cal's monster class era:

show up at the hostess stand at tayor's favorite restaurant nobu malibu very late this evening without a reservation

shocky: good evening, we'd like a table on the patio overlooking the ocean please

curvy brunette yoga hostess: i'm sorry sir, we're fully committed this evening...would you like me to put you on the waiting list for the sushi bar, there are unfortunately no guarantees that any seats will open up tonite

shocky: did you know that i'm a california golden bear?

curvy brunette yoga hostess: really?

shocky (posting up with a headstand directly in front of the hostess stand with my giuseppe zanotti kicks in the air): roarrrrrrrrrr

polite applause/clapping from the 3 hostesses & maybe a few strange looks from the bar

curvy brunette yoga hostess (flipping her hair): i have a yoga practice too

shocky: tell me something i don't already know

curvy brunette yoga hostess (to a male server): please seat them at table 7 on the patio now

dirty looks at the shockster from those who've been told there are no tables available now

shocky: dom arigato

curvy brunette yoga hostess: namaste

for free (table)#
tonite's dinner wuz not for free

https://instagr.am/p/ClzOLn3vyZr

los angeles pga open 4th round update:

all 3 california golden bears played strong final rounds & finished in the top 20

collin morikawa shot a 67 with his best nine hole putting in forever, byeong hun an shot a 68 while averaging a booming 305 yards on his drives for the week & max homa shot a 69 (the pairing with easy going scottie scheffler helped mr uptight relax in his favorite tournament)

yeah hideki won the tournament, got zero interest in how much money u get for that **** but do kinda wonder if that means he can get a table on the patio at nobu malibu tonite?

priceless#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C1lQcT1LQ5M
san diego state's not so monster offensive line:

when the aztecs invade berkeley on saturday september 14th it's gonna be behind an almost completely rebuilt o-line due to the transfer portal departures of multiple 2023 starters...r u gonna be at memorial stadium this fall?

brandon crensahaw dixson: sdsu to florida
cade bennett: sdsu to tcu
drew azzopardi: sdsu to washington
thomas mirabella: sdsu to probable west coast school with multiple offers
rambo mageo: sdsu to utah tech
joey wright: sdsu to undetermined
mark redman (starting tight end/leading receiver with 38 catches): sdsu to louisville

and so with that being said coach sirmon gotta be more adaptive & significantly dial up more pressure with the x man & david reese wrecking havoc in the aztecs backfield...keep in mind that that sdsu don't got an elite running back, qb1 jalen mayden led the team in rushing in 2023 with 528 yards while getting sacked 23 times & will compete this spring with florida state transfer aj duffy

yeah apparently not everyone on planet earth wanna spend the day at legloand like shocky before a late nite dinner at nobu in the gaslamp district while earning a sdsu degree, that's just crazy in an upside down kinda way

https://instagr.am/p/CsJopQSPpc4
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

the following is a reprint from cal's monster class back in the day:

visited this morning the recently opened nicklaus design group ferry point golf course just outside of nyc with panoramic views of the manhattan skyline

https://instagr.am/p/C17b5MfsDob
arrive from my hotel by cab at the clubhouse around 7:30 am to stretch & warm up at the practice facility

upon arrival the head golf professional tells me that ferry point's developer donald trump heard that as a golf digest & golf magazine rankings panelist that i had an 8:10 tee time and would i like to play with the donald at 8:20 am instead?

so i say sure, no big deal, let's do this

so we make the introductions on the practice green & the 1st thing i notice is that trump has the weirdest color hair ever (kinda yellow orange) & that he has total man boobs along with an oversized obnoxious red cap

i walk & carry my lightweight leather mackzenie bag while the donald drives a golf cart literally to within 6 inches of every green...just as annoyingly, we then proceed to play thru every group on the golf course in front of us (why does he do this, why not just take the 1st tee time?)...it's funny to watch people's reactions as he dictates the playing thru, some golfers are understandably agitated while others want a selfie with him on their phones, he very clearly enjoys all the drama he's created

so he tells us while we wait for the short par 4 8th green to clear that he thinks ferry point is one of the greatest golf courses in the united states (it isn't, there are at least a dozen courses on long island & the hamptons that are significantly better) & that he's qualified to make that statement because of his extensive travels around the globe playing golf, that nobody knows golf architecture better than him & that includes actual golf architects

so in front of his 2 buddies & his cart caddie i tell the donald that actually i'm one of the 13 guys (and the youngest) to have played the world top 100 courses & stare him down...total silence, one of his buddies who is the chairman of macys starts to laugh & donald play punches my shoulder kinda hard, he's been pwned...whatever

dude is an interesting guy but playing golf with him is not really a celebration of the game but more like riding a roller coaster

you're fired, shocky#

happy prezident day#
Shocky1
Quote:

my admission tix at gcu wuz 5 bucks, after the men's baseball game next door wuz over some students (total attendance wuz 5,000+) came over to cheer for the lopes in the softball stadium due to the FREE admission at both school events
Wow, free admissions? Imagine that. It's almost like the school want their students to come out and cheer for their student athletes or something.

oc bear, let's be real here, stupid people usually make stupid decisions

markeisha & knowlton r clueless re: the socioeconomic backgrounds of today's berkeley students at the #1 ranked public university in the world, they think these hard working students (many of them 1st generation college attendees with some family members working 2-3 jobs to pay the bills) can afford the $150 annual student pass for football & basketball tixs which is actually a middle class & above financial luxury
Shocky1

syrcause game at memorial stadium on november 16th just got easier to win#
Big C
Shocky1 said:

Wow, that's over 1.5 catches / 30 yards per game! Where will they ever find that?!?
Strykur
Big C said:

Shocky1 said:

Wow, that's over 1.5 catches / 30 yards per game! Where will they ever find that?!?
And yet he was their leading receiver last season, go figure...
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CwY1y1tp9JC
cal's monster class acc introductions: part vi

school: pittsburgh

mascot: roc the panther

stadium: acrisure stadium (shared with the pittsburgh steelers, 68,400 capacity)

2023 forbes academic ranking: #235
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/

fun fact: franco harris did not invent spaghetti o's or pepto bismal

best gameday golf: oakmont & fox chapel

shocky's favorite pittsburgh grad: author john irving
2024 acc schedule:

cal at pittsburgh: saturday october 12, 2024

pittsburgh 2023 record: 3-9

steel town (before the snow)#

qb1 update: the panthers got 2 qbs on the roster who have ever taken a snap in a college football game

last season christian veilleux started most of the time & wuz mediocre completing only 51.1% of passes for 1,179 yards & an abysmal 108.8 qb rating so new offensive coordinator kade bell has already decided that heading into spring ball that 6'6" austin product nate yarnell (limited snaps last season passing for 595 yards but an unreal qb rating of 164.8) is gonna be the panthers qb1

the problem in pittsburgh is that whoever is qb1 don't got any elite wide receivers, last season's leading receiver bub means caught 41 passes for 721 yards & has declared for the 2024 nfl draft...the 2nd most productive receiver with 44 catches for 576 yards konata mumpfield is returning...the team's 3rd most productive receiver daejon reynolds caught only 28 passes for 316 yards in 2023, nobody else on the team caught more than 18 balls

so do the panthers got a great rushing attack?

not really 5'9" running back rodney hammond jr led the team with 546 yards on the ground

not always sunny in pittsburgh#
82gradDLSdad
Wow. I had to look up the evolution of Oakmont's church pew bunker. That's enormous. The picture you posted made it appear that it runs down the center of a fairway. The video I watched explained that while still on the edge of two holes it has been enlarged to come into play more. Visually these types of things are great. From an old golfer's point of view who grew up playing very traditional courses (eg. Lakeside at Olympic) and courses that have natural hazards (eg. Pebble) I'm not a fan. Riviera's bunker in the middle of a green is a prime example. Individual tastes though, it's what makes the world go round. Thanks for posting Shocky. It's been a long time since I've seen Oakmont. I remember it was considered a beast when they played the US Open there when I was a kid.
Shocky1

perfect gameday: walking oakmont at the crack of dawn & then cal football down by the river#
82gradDLSdad
Ha, ha, perfect GameDay? Shooting 100 at Oakmont followed by watching Cal football. You are indeed an optimistic old blue.
Shocky1

yeah no days off don't apply to markeisha & knowlton who still haven't offered FREE tixs to all students for the final 2 home games this week

there are thousands of tixs still available for both men's games this week including saturday's senior day & sunday's women's senior day currently got 11,000+ unsold tixs

why would anyone want hard working broke azz students at the #1 ranked public university in the world cheering & creating loud gameday energy for their fellow students on senior days?

but gotta give markeisha credit, she does not discriminate, she is absolutely incompetent in branding/selling tixs for both the men's & women's teams

markeisha is arguably the least innovative person on campus, the day she is relegated (and that day is looming in the future) to berkeley parking enforcement with monday thru friday 9:00 am to 5:00 pm shifts (with a break for a timed lunch) will be a step forward for the athletic department

Shocky1

the university of california, berkeley=the #1 ranked public university in the world (including nicaragua, argentina & yuma)
Shocky1
^ the reaction at the 10:00 minute mark of the 1st video is gonna be shocky's reaction the 1st time coach bloesch calls a PITCH OUT to jaydn ott on the edge in open space before he takes it to the house in nicaragua or something

the monster is way too emotional (at modern yoga & cal football games)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cs43nM5sz2u
cal's monster class acc introductions: part xvi

school: smu

mascot: peruna

stadium: gerald j ford stadium (32,000 capacity)

2023 forbes academic ranking: #169

fun fact: acc expansion would probably not have happened if not for george bush lobbying acc prezs on behalf of smu (and thus in an indirect way calford)

so back in the mike montgomery era as the director of recruiting ima sitting at the end of the cal bench next to jay john at a nit game in highland park...across from us is george & barbara bush sitting next to the dallas cowboys starting quarterback & head coach...it kinda seemed like they wuz waving at me to come on over & say hello or something, "hey shocky, how's it going?" (us prezs tend to be big fans of me)

https://instagr.am/p/C3iHaY2sugk

so as halftime starts i tell jay ima gonna go say howdy to the hosts across the way, jj just gives mr crazy town a smirky smile telling me good luck with that ****

the monster gets almost half way across the court before he's surrounded by 5 secret service guys in dark suits & earpieces asking me wut's up?...yeah shocky never got to do the hang with 43

best gameday golf: trinity forest

https://instagr.am/p/BGF3Gj_IO_K
shocky's favorite smu grad (honorary, actually got a diploma from yale): george bush
2024 acc schedule:

cal at smu: saturday november 30, 2024

smu 2023 record: 11-3 including a 23-14 loss to boston college in the bowl game at fenway park

fun fact: don't forget to mark ur calendars for shocky's inclusive FREE pregame tailgate party on gameday at buc-ee's, he will be getting there early to ensure all the bathrooms r fully cleaned

https://instagr.am/p/CuIVTfIJZ2M
shocky is a neat freak (he got major unresolved ocd/anti hoarding issues)#

the first 4 games of the ponies 2024 schedule is gonna give a pretty clear indication of whether or not last season's 11-3 record against inferior competition is gonna be sustainable or not in the much more highly competitive acc

our roadtrip to dallas after thanksgiving on november 30th is absolutely perfect for our texas bearents (and their families, friends, former coaches/teammates) being able to see their loves ones compete in person & also from a recruiting perspective...the reality is that in the recently signed 2024 class the bears signed more high school commits from texas (9) than california (5) & that chasm is only gonna widen as the state of california continues to deemphasize high school football while the opposite is true in texas...the university of calveston needs to schedule as many games in texas (and not oregon state) moving forward

the key to smu's 2024 season is gonna be the health of qb1 preston stone who had a break in his lower leg near the ankle late in the season, the ponies dual threat qb2 wuz ineffectual during the 23-14 bowl game loss to boston college...during 2023 stone passed for 3,197 yards with 28 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions at a nearly 60% completion rate, he don't got a cannon arm with nfl upside but he's a highly effective college qb that's very accurate with great decision making abilities...whether or not stone will still be standing upright by our battle in late november after an arduous season of getting pounded by acc defenders is not yet known at this time

and yeah don't forget to rsvp to shocky's FREE pregame tailgate at buc-ee's too
wifeisafurd
82gradDLSdad said:

Wow. I had to look up the evolution of Oakmont's church pew bunker. That's enormous. The picture you posted made it appear that it runs down the center of a fairway. The video I watched explained that while still on the edge of two holes it has been enlarged to come into play more. Visually these types of things are great. From an old golfer's point of view who grew up playing very traditional courses (eg. Lakeside at Olympic) and courses that have natural hazards (eg. Pebble) I'm not a fan. Riviera's bunker in the middle of a green is a prime example. Individual tastes though, it's what makes the world go round. Thanks for posting Shocky. It's been a long time since I've seen Oakmont. I remember it was considered a beast when they played the US Open there when I was a kid.
I grew up on Rivera. I find the golf course better today, than it was in my youth, despite the removal of the barranca, the reshaping of many golf holes, etc. The course has gone through several evolutions, and really looks less like the original design, and a lot of that is keeping up with changes in golf, There is a reason the guys on TV kept saying this is the pros' favorite course on the PGA Tour. The other thing about Rivera is you hardly ever see the other holes, and essentially each holes is separately framed by his use of topography, tee location and use of large trees.

Thomas tried to put as much architectural eye candy into his golf courses as possible, and the Hollywood crowd behind developing Rivera was prepared for that by funding what was the most costly course build-out of its time. What Thomas did was put a lot of different stuff to distract the average golfer, while developing one of the most strategic courses for good players. Every hole has several options in how you play it (another example of this is his LACC North Course). He probably is the most underrated architect in his ability to make a course strategic. My favorite short Par 4 in the world, number ten, is the premier example of this. It just freaking kills the pros every year. The testament to Thomas, is that so many later architects copied holes from Rivera. I'm a member at a David MClay Kidd course, and David put a freaking trap in the middle of the 18th green to honor Thomas. The history at Rivera is nice and everything, but the underlying course really places a premium on shot making, which is why the pros love it so much. Us mortals will focus on the eye candy, which also is okay. The idea was that members play a different game than Ben Hogan, and they should have their own challenges.

And to date myself, when I grew up, Oakmont was associated with pain and suffering inflicted on the pros, a lot of it owing to the impossible greens and the bunkering.

82gradDLSdad
Sounds like a great course. Still not a fan of things like bunkers on greens. I would probably have loved playing it. I have weird tastes in golf courses due to spending everyday of my formative years at 'cruddy' Lincoln in SF. It shaped (warped) my views on golf courses. Lakeside is not that exciting but it shaped my thoughts on tough golf courses. Doglegs one way, fairways that slope the other, never a level lie even though the course itself is not that hilly. Just subtle toughness. Oakmont with it's million bunkers sounds over the top. I don't really remember details of the course but I remember really liking playing Pasatiempo.
OdontoBear66
82gradDLSdad said:

Sounds like a great course. Still not a fan of things like bunkers on greens. I would probably have loved playing it. I have weird tastes in golf courses due to spending everyday of my formative years at 'cruddy' Lincoln in SF. It shaped (warped) my views on golf courses. Lakeside is not that exciting but it shaped my thoughts on tough golf courses. Doglegs one way, fairways that slope the other, never a level lie even though the course itself is not that hilly. Just subtle toughness. Oakmont with it's million bunkers sounds over the top. I don't really remember details of the course but I remember really liking playing Pasatiempo.
Intersting mention of Pasatiempo....I have played what are considered better, or more highly rated, golf courses, and Pasatiempo is really not that long, but it is one of my favorite courses to play. MacKenzie has made up for the length with degree of difficulty. Lived in Los Gatos and Aptos for years and played many of the Monterey courses as well, and sign me up for a round at Pasatiempo. Recall when I was in dental school years ago getting up in the pitch black and playing Harding. If you veered left or right in the dark, you would be gone to the Cypress trees. Also galleried tournaments with my father in law at the Lake course and the Presidio and SF Golf club....I envy shockies being able to play so many of the top 100 but would never have gotten such an invite with my index.
Econ141

Where is our guy?
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
HoopDreams
Econ141 said:

Where is our guy?
I wonder about our FB and MBB coaches. Weak social media game.

Of the 3 major sports, only WBB Coach Charmin uses social media as opportunity to keep in the minds of fans and recruits.

Schools should post something on the major platforms daily. Coaches should post at least weekly.

Pittstop
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Cs43nM5sz2u
cal's monster class acc introductions: part xvi

school: smu

mascot: peruna

stadium: gerald j ford stadium (32,000 capacity)

2023 forbes academic ranking: #169

fun fact: acc expansion would probably not have happened if not for george bush lobbying acc prezs on behalf of smu (and thus in an indirect way calford)

so back in the mike montgomery era as the director of recruiting ima sitting at the end of the cal bench next to jay john at a nit game in highland park...across from us is george & barbara bush sitting next to the dallas cowboys starting quarterback & head coach...it kinda seemed like they wuz waving at me to come on over & say hello or something, "hey shocky, how's it going?" (us prezs tend to be big fans of me)

https://instagr.am/p/C3iHaY2sugk

so as halftime starts i tell jay ima gonna go say howdy to the hosts across the way, jj just gives mr crazy town a smirky smile telling me good luck with that ****

the monster gets almost half way across the court before he's surrounded by 5 secret service guys in dark suits & earpieces asking me wut's up?...yeah shocky never got to do the hang with 43

best gameday golf: trinity forest

https://instagr.am/p/BGF3Gj_IO_K
shocky's favorite smu grad (honorary, actually got a diploma from yale): george bush
2024 acc schedule:

cal at smu: saturday november 30, 2024

smu 2023 record: 11-3 including a 23-14 loss to boston college in the bowl game at fenway park

fun fact: don't forget to mark ur calendars for shocky's inclusive FREE pregame tailgate party on gameday at buc-ee's, he will be getting there early to ensure all the bathrooms r fully cleaned

https://instagr.am/p/CuIVTfIJZ2M
shocky is a neat freak (he got major unresolved ocd/anti hoarding issues)#

the first 4 games of the ponies 2024 schedule is gonna give a pretty clear indication of whether or not last season's 11-3 record against inferior competition is gonna be sustainable or not in the much more highly competitive acc

our roadtrip to dallas after thanksgiving on november 30th is absolutely perfect for our texas bearents (and their families, friends, former coaches/teammates) being able to see their loves ones compete in person & also from a recruiting perspective...the reality is that in the recently signed 2024 class the bears signed more high school commits from texas (9) than california (5) & that chasm is only gonna widen as the state of california continues to deemphasize high school football while the opposite is true in texas...the university of calveston needs to schedule as many games in texas (and not oregon state) moving forward

the key to smu's 2024 season is gonna be the health of qb1 preston stone who had a break in his lower leg near the ankle late in the season, the ponies dual threat qb2 wuz ineffectual during the 23-14 bowl game loss to boston college...during 2023 stone passed for 3,197 yards with 28 touchdowns to only 6 interceptions at a nearly 60% completion rate, he don't got a cannon arm with nfl upside but he's a highly effective college qb that's very accurate with great decision making abilities...whether or not stone will still be standing upright by our battle in late november after an arduous season of getting pounded by acc defenders is not yet known at this time

and yeah don't forget to rsvp to shocky's FREE pregame tailgate at buc-ee's too

Annual (or semi-annual) trips to Dallas/FW is practically as good for recruiting as semi-annual trips to L.A. Maybe we could schedule OOC games with UH, or UTSA in off years when we don't travel to Dallas for games. UTSA is only like 80 miles from Austin.
HoopDreams
Last homestand

Do you have your tixs?!??

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3lVqc5yPpf/

82gradDLSdad
OdontoBear66 said:

82gradDLSdad said:

Intersting mention of Pasatiempo....I have played what are considered better, or more highly rated, golf courses, and Pasatiempo is really not that long, but it is one of my favorite courses to play. MacKenzie has made up for the length with degree of difficulty. Lived in Los Gatos and Aptos for years and played many of the Monterey courses as well, and sign me up for a round at Pasatiempo. Recall when I was in dental school years ago getting up in the pitch black and playing Harding. If you veered left or right in the dark, you would be gone to the Cypress trees. Also galleried tournaments with my father in law at the Lake course and the Presidio and SF Golf club....I envy shockies being able to play so many of the top 100 but would never have gotten such an invite with my index.

I wish I could have played SF club. Not nearly rich enough nor are my friends.
Big C
HoopDreams said:

Econ141 said:

Where is our guy?
I wonder about our FB and MBB coaches. Weak social media game.

Of the 3 major sports, only WBB Coach Charmin uses social media as opportunity to keep in the minds of fans and recruits.

Schools should post something on the major platforms daily. Coaches should post at least weekly.

I don't get this. It's 2024 and they need to recruit and build fan support. I'm not big into social media myself (does BI count?), but if I had one of those jobs, I'd figure it out, or hire an expert to help me.
Shocky1
Pittstop said:

Annual (or semi-annual) trips to Dallas/FW is practically a good for recruiting as semi-annual trips to L.A. Maybe we could schedule OOC games with UH, or UTSA in off years when we don't travel to Dallas for games. UTSA is only like 80 miles from Austin.
https://instagr.am/p/CPoZc06JkWf
100% pitts but let's be real here, u just wanna go to all of shocky's FREE texas pregame tailgate parties at buc-ee's

yeah clothing is always optional for curvy brunette yoga females attending these FUN not officially sanctioned university of calveston golden bears events

https://instagr.am/p/Ca5vdn-FLDI
clothes r for losers#
Shocky1
82gradDLSdad said:

I wish I could have played SF club. Not nearly rich enough nor are my friends.
look 82, shocky caddied at san francisco golf club (my moms wuz NOT a member) during his stinson beach high school & berkeley school days & got FREE playing privileges on mondays with the other caddies for highly spirited trash talking games...i remember winning 20 bucks with hawk (in his 50s) & offering to drive him home in my grandfather's beatermobile (oldsmobile), driving thru golden gate park he told me to just drop him off at the next stoplight...it wuzn't until a decade later driving thru the park that i realized that hawk wuz homeless

yeah i still play sfgc a couple of times a year (usually on fridays or early saturday mornings during home game weekends in the bay), will include you if possible next time

shocky is sometimes a dumb azz (including his inappropriate beer drinking comment today at modern yoga to a very fit classmate)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C3bPmcXPsCU
r u truly color blind? (shocky is a ******* mixed mutt)#
wifeisafurd
82gradDLSdad said:

Second comments here on Pastatiempo. Though, strategic, and fair. AM really took golf course architecture to another level.

Be interesting to get Shock's take, but I have heard Oakmont is just grinding, especially the greens.
Shocky1
82gradDLSdad said:

guess wut 82, the #1 priority west coast for me right now (other than coore & crenshaw's brambles in middletown)
is golden gate park's recently reopened after an extensive renovation par 3 course, gonna play it as soon as it stops raining in nor cal...in the golf architecture world, this tiny gem is all the rage
https://golf.com/travel/golden-gate-park-par-3-muni/
Johnfox
At least Madsen posts on social media. Wilcox ain't even got an account
First Page Last Page
Page 231 of 267

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.