cal's monster offensive line

1,817,858 Views | 11115 Replies | Last: 7 hrs ago by Shocky1
6956bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Shocky1 said:

Quote:

Any updates on Cal Basketball visitors??
https://instagr.am/p/CgNJnEuvtpf
foxy, a lotta basketball portal transfer communications/recruiting is on zoom rite now, it's a relatively quick 2 way evaluation screening process in this era of speed dating on hinge, swipe rite

official visits are romantic marriage proposals with vows & rings and stuff

surprisingly the most knowledgable person in berkeley re: the complexities of relationships is noted human behavior sociologist dr jaydn ott

the upcoming football portal transfer recruiting narrow window of april 15th to april 30 is gonna be crazy as ****

r u sick of me (r u gonna slash my tires)?
Agree on the football portal.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/Cx24Cs7O7A-
good luck to roberta & cuonzo at missouri state, tracy webster still got moves

some of my favorite people on planet earth, ordinary people doing something special together, we all shared the magic of cal basketball

one love (from further afar)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C12-ELivDPY
coach madsen is leading the recruitment of stretch power forward 6'8" 240 lbs brandon angel from legoland high school who got 1 year of remaining eligibility

angel averaged 13.0 ppg on a highly efficient 56.7% field goal percentage along with 4.7 rebounds per game & physical dialed in defense (unlike the candy azz soft bears d this season)

we're done with crooked azz shooters in berkeley, angel shot a nba level 44.7% on 3 pointers, no that's not a typo

like andrej berkeley admissions will not be a problem for the stanford grad with a degree in economics (palo alto don't got an undergraduate biz ad program), brandon is NOT a dumb azz

https://instagr.am/p/Ce2QdCyrHBM
the university of calford=#1 ranked public university in the world (and a short flight on southwest for the gf & the fam on gamedays at haas pavilion)#
https://www.forbes.com/top-colleges/
philbert
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/Ce2QdCyrHBM
the university of calford=#1 ranked public university in the world (and a short flight on southwest for the gf & the fam on gamedays at haas pavilion)#
what course is this?
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C17LKAwpNov
it's the latest tiger woods design at the big cedar lodge outside of branson missouri, the angel foto shows the island par 3 19th bonus hole which is fun but really gimmicky & don't look natural at all

the significantly architecturally more compelling course at the resort is coore & crenshaw's strategically complex ozarks national

the food is ok not great, they got a fun go cart facility on site & the tree fort vibe casitas by the lake got beautiful vistas in the evening...and no, unlike jalen cone, shocky is not much of a country western music fan

https://instagr.am/p/CwBet48pVqD
Econ141
I dislike him too much to listen. Anyone want to summarize?

Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Oakbear
Econ141 said:

I dislike him too much to listen. Anyone want to summarize?

the ACC is a fabulous fit for us BLAH BLAH BLAH

you missed nothing
bluehenbear
"From the snow-covered mountains of Colorado Springs, it's another installment of Bear no Mind where we talk about everything except the financial iceberg that's approaching..."
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

Shocky1 said:

how shocky got walked to his non existent car during high school, the following is a loosely edited transcript of a conversation in the outfield during stinson beach high school varsity baseball practice back in the day:

brusati (shocky's best friend): wait, tell me if i got this right, basically today at lunch in the cafeteria you asked the prettiest girl (a curvy brunette yoga female) in the school kathy toosher (name misspelled for privacy reasons, hers not mine) to go steady with you even tho we're freshmen and we don't got drivers licenses yet and she's a junior going out with senior star quarterback mitch delorenzo?

shocky (catching a pop fly): yeah that's pretty much it, bru

brusati (shaking his head in disbelief): did you even run this by your dad?

shocky: which one?

brusati (jogging to snag a foul ball by the gym): shocks, we don't even got cars, why would kathy toosher wanna go steady with you?

shocky: i got a 4.0 gpa, you and me are the only freshmen on varsity plus my mom told me my smile is beautiful since i got my braces off

brusati: but she's already going out with delo who drives a *****in' camaro

shocky (fielding a grounder and throwing a strike to the 2nd baseman): look bru, delo is a dumb azz, he got a 2.5 gpa which means the good schools like cal and stanford won't want him...he's gonna go to marin community college next year, he'll be the 4th string quarterback and quit and then he'll be a male dancer in san francisco getting touched by bi curious businessmen (this actually sorta played out that way)

brusati (obviously upset): shut up, shocky!...if delo hears what you just said your gonna get your azz kicked after practice in the parking lot!

shocky (slapping his glove): whatever

brusati (shaking his head again): honestly sometimes shocks i don't think you live on planet earth with the rest of us, your kinda crazy you know that right?

shocky (undeterred): hey bru, will your bro give me a ride home after practice?

postscript: bumped into kathy a few years later & we laughed about my crush on her and she tole me with kinda misty eyes that she regrets her decision...tole her as we hugged "life is not linear"

beautiful 75% degree spring evening in the desert at asu's municipal stadium, there wuz around 4,000-5,000 fans with tixs behind the cal dugout costing around $28 apiece or something, ipa beers costing $15

the bears caleb lomavita is a special talent with mlb bat speed, terrible coaching decisions to not pull pitchers struggling with control

yeah baseball is not my thing anymore (but do luv women's softball particularly when my favorite player alyssa herrera does the happy dance after a hit), realistically the next time shocky is on a baseball field it's gonna be at one of princess courtney's yoga in the outfield events at talking stick

https://instagr.am/p/C5EX0aHM2Au
Shocky1

haylei archer spiking the ball in victory (let's ******* go)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

4 star quarterback jackson kollock unofficially tripped to cal & the san francisco bay area this weekend

with only 3 scholly qbs slated right now for the 2025 roster (chandler rogers is playing his 6th season this fall) the bears will take 2 qbs this cycle if they're the right guys

this is a physically developed thor, kinda built like former nfl overall #1 draft selection jared goff

jackson is not a dumb azz, he got a 3.75 gpa

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including laguna beach)
kollock commits to minnesota
Shocky1

2025 crazy azz fast 6' 165 lbs cornerback jae'on young from sierra canyon high school is gonna officially trip to cal on june 6th-9th

the bears staff knows we need more SPEED and the all state defensive back runs a 10.77 100 meters

jae'on is not a dumb azz, he's also got recruiting interest from stanford...but with that being said he also gotta lotta interest in **** academic skools like kansas & arizona which prepares its former athletes to hand out towels at ballys fitness (not that there's anything wrong with that, this is a judgement free zone, got it?)

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (for those who wanna build generational wealth thru nfl development at memorial stadium & hard work in the classrooms of berkeley)
Shocky1

fun fact: comparing the nba level 44.7% shooter on 3 pointers last season to anyone on cal's roster last season shows a scary azz lack of basketball knowledge

30% 3 point shooters with bad attitudes/don't play d no es bueno (don't be a dumb azz)#
Big C
Shocky1 said:

fun fact: comparing the nba level 44.7% shooter on 3 pointers last season to anyone on cal's roster last season shows a scary azz lack of basketball knowledge

30% 3 point shooters with bad attitudes/don't play d no es bueno (don't be a dumb azz)#

Hey, I resemble that remark! My goal on Bear Insider is to help delineate the truly knowledgeable posters by providing an obvious counterpoint... and I feel like I'm quite good at what I do.
Shocky1

look big c, ur a smart as **** educator but ur not even close to my favorite teachers back in the day at stinson beach grade school

plus u don't got no triggering ponytail, got it?...domino is a ******* smokeshow when she readjusts her tail

skool is out for spring break (learn a new musical instrument or something)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

california golden bears yucky blucky fruitcake classes (mr spieker not amused cuz he got worser seats):

doechii, why don't you introduce the yucky blucky fruitcakes to the class?

2025 class:
robert mcdaniel, quarterback (3.7 gpa)
carter jones, inside linebacker (3.8 gpa)
kaden cook, cornerback (3.4 gpa)
carter jackson, running back (3.6 gpa)
jojo solis, running back (3.14 gpa)

2024 class:
liam johnson, inside linebacker (3.36 gpa at princeton)
khamani hudson, cornerback (3.5 gpa)
bobby engstler, punter/kicker (3.72 gpa)
jonathan "gameday" brady, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
mikey miller, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
victor stoffel, offensive line (motivated student in sweden)
kadarius calloway, running back (3.0+ gpa)
ryan coe, kicker (3.5 gpa)
tobias merriweather, wide receiver (3.6 gpa)
ja'ir smith, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
syris corley, offensive lineman (3.0 gpa)
rush reimer, offensive lineman (3.3 gpa)
marcus harris, defensive back (3.2 gpa)
aidan ikaika keanaaina, defensive tackle (4.0 gpa)
aiden newbill, offensive line (3.72 gpa)
isaiah crosby, safety (3.0+ gpa)
luke ferrelli, inside linebacker (4.0 gpa)
chandler rogers, quarterback (3.3 gpa)
teddye buchanan, inside linebacker (3.5 gpa)
josiah martin, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
jack endries, tight end (3.83 gpa)
trond grizzell, wide receiver (3.8 gpa)
bj canady, defensive tackle (3.91 gpa)
legend journey, apex predator edge defender (3.3 gpa)
ej caminong, quarterback (3.5 gpa)
dayton "dayday" aupiu, defensive back (3.51 gpa)
jamaal wiley, running back (3.0+ gpa)
trevor rogers, wide receiver (3.5 gpa)
michael-anthony okwura, defensive lineman (3.4 gpa)
eze osondu, inside linebacker (3.0 gpa)
brookyln cheek, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
camden jones, tight end (3.0+ gpa)
tyler knape, offensive line (3.8 gpa)

2023 class:
barrett miller, offensive lineman (4.2 hs gpa & stanford mechancial engineering degree)
taj davis, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
king doerue, running back (3.5 gpa)
isaiah ifanse, running back (3.2 gpa at montana state)
marcus scott ii, cornerback (3.3 gpa at missouri)
tidiane "frenchy" jalloh (motivated student from france)
matthew wykoff, offensive tackle (3.75 gpa)
marquez "mojo" dortch, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
ben finley, quarterback (4.308 gpa)
patrick mcmorris, safety (3.65 gpa)
david bird, longsnapper (4.0 gpa)
marquise montgomery, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
martin tine, offensive tackle (3.0+ gpa)
stanley mckenzie, nose tackle (3.3 gpa)
david reese, outside linebacker (3.7 gpa)
sam jackson v, quarterback (sub 3.0 gpa)
brian hightower, wide receiver (3.2 gpa)
justin williams-thomas aka j-will, running back (4.0 gpa)
asher alberding, tight end (3.85 gpa)
jt byrne, tight end (3.75 gpa)
lachlan wilson, punter (strong student from australia)
byron caldwell, running back (3.3 gpa)
sergio allen, inside linebacker (3.4 gpa)
matt littlejohn, defensive back (3.0+ gpa)
javian "the jet" thomas, running back (3.4 gpa)
nohl williams, defensive back (3.61 gpa)
kaylin moore, defensive back (3.4 gpa)
frederick williams iii, athlete (3.6 gpa)
zurich ashford, defensive end (3.62 gpa)
ben marshall, tight end (3.4 gpa)
ryan mcculloch, outside linebacker (4.1 gpa)
tiumalu afalava, defensive line (4.1 gpa)
cade uluave, inside linebacker (3.8 gpa)
sailasa vadrawale, defensive back (3.46 gpa)
nyziah hunter, wide receiver (3.0+ gpa)
nick morrow, offensive tackle (3.7 gpa)
michael luckhurst, kicker (4.37 gpa)

wow, that was quite the introduction, doechii, we're gonna have to talk after class...don't forget to take the chicken out

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (a degree is kinda like a winning LOTTERY TIX for those who wanna build GENERATIONAL WEALTH thru academic hard work)

Shocky1

congrats to sampson zheng & eric lee on terrific final rounds, the truth is that harding park wuz set up like a pga tournament venue at almost 7,200 yards/par 70 & gnarly wet rough

my take is that tony chen & ethan fang despite their not full peak performances are still boss men heading into the homestretch of pasatimepo (which requires the strategic placement of leaving uphill putts particularly on the 5 par 3s) & the pac 12 championship at my beloved desert forest in carefree which places a premium upon accurate tee balls (unless u wanna get cactus stickers in ur azz for 18 holes)

https://instagr.am/p/Clcvlz1jdj1
so who will be the 5th & 6th (in the past the pac 12 championship wuz played with 6 golfers instead of the standard collegiate team of 5) tournament competitors?

stay tuned...
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CQcM9_4jECR

https://instagr.am/p/BG2c9tghHcW
the truth is that leidy, jaydn & shocky hate the 30 day old deep fried barracuda on santorini island

and so with that being said we'd much rather get the bbq brisket sandwich at buc-ee's with a shared fudge slab for desert

jaydn & shocky r male azz strippers (plus leidy rocks the fashion & the no slides/toenail polish is triggering)#
Shocky1
jackson brown got snaps as a reserve offensive tackle in 3 games during the 2023 pittsburgh season
mbBear
Shocky1 said:

congrats to sampson zheng & eric lee on terrific final rounds, the truth is that harding park wuz set up like a pga tournament venue at almost 7,200 yards/par 70 & gnarly wet rough

my take is that tony chen & ethan fang despite their not full peak performances are still boss men heading into the homestretch of pasatimepo (which requires the strategic placement of leaving uphill putts particularly on the 5 par 3s) & the pac 12 championship at my beloved desert forest in carefree which places a premium upon accurate tee balls (unless u wanna get cactus stickers in ur azz for 18 holes)

so who will be the 5th & 6th (in the past the pac 12 championship wuz played with 6 golfers instead of the standard collegiate team of 5) tournament competitors?

stay tuned...
Cal Men's swimming just finished 2nd in the Nation, after a 2 year run of National championships. That makes 14 years in a row that Cal has finished 1st or 2nd in the nation!
Shocky1
^ mr spieker not amused with 2nd places
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CcdRzUZsJmZ

panopticism: r u a frog or a t-rex???

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university on planet earth (that celebrates creative individuality & the innovation of self expression without internal or external censorship)
Shocky1

#1 is the music man (during the magical pre game tunnel hype screaming at memorial stadium...chills)#
wifeisafurd
Shocky1 said:

stay tuned...
Pac 12: Walter keeps rotating players in these tournaments, so beyond Zheng, Lee and Chen it really is hard to ascertain the Pac 12 line-up. Historically, Duh has played really well (Cal's medalist the last two years I think) , but he has not been playing lately - injured or taking a break for academics? I'm guessing add Fang, Park and Heo. Thoughts Shocky?
KenBurnski
Shocky1

wifey, coach walter chun (the head coaching position endowed by some rich guy & his wife from rolling hills country club in the oc) runs the program with a pga model meritocracy with tournament starts earned thru qualifying rounds prior to the events, the only exception is finishing in the top 10 the prior tournament which automatically gets a spot in the next tournament

and this results as you've noted in a lot of different player rotations with nothing given out based on reputation...and this competitive qualifying system has resulted in aaron du (not injured, wuz in a pga tour monday qualifying playoff for the silverado tournament last september) not scoring low enough to play in other than a couple of events the season

an unlucky quirk to this system is that the nation's #1 ranked junior player eric lee didn't qualify for the starting line up in the season opener at the brutal former us open site erin hills & ended up playing as an individual...lee finished tied for 1st at a remarkable 3 under par but his scores didn't count & instead of winning the tournament the bears finished back in the pack

and so theoretically if current pga stars max homa, colin morikawa, byeong hun an & michael kim wuz on this year's team & didn't go low in qualifying pre tournament rounds they wouldn't play, got it?...my guess is that walter would make some adjustments or something in that scenario

also complicating the line up is that senior sampson zheng has skipped a couple of tournaments due to competing at the fantastic royal melbourne in a very prestigious amateur event & also a couple of asian tour deals

so heading into pasatiempo & then the pac 12 championship it's my take that the starting line up will include sampson zheng, ethan fang, eric lee & tony chen and then there are 7 legit guys who could earn one of the remaining spots with nathan wang probably next in line

would welcome the feedback from any of the golf fans at this site, this year's team gotta lotta upside but gotta peak in the next 15 minutes

the time is now for everything (except a double fudge chocolate shake with extra whip cream at buc-ee's)#
Shocky1
^^ burnski, my initial reaction when reading ur headline wuz that it wuz about our former starting qb's dating life

real talk#
Shocky1

berkeley grad injured last season & dnp in tempe, looking forward to 2024 truck stop town big 12 roadtrips against zero academic focused skools for dumb azzs with sub 2.5 gpas that will be handing out towels at ballys fitness in the near future

arizona state university=#1 ranked stripper college in the world (and modern yoga)
Shocky1

where r they now dept?: mile high club frequent flyer traveler offensive guard spencer lovell is now reconnected with angus at angus at nevada after stops at asu, cal & kansas

no ******* supercuts for spencer#
Alkiadt
Shocky1 said:

where r they now dept?: mile high club frequent flyer traveler offensive guard spencer lovell is now reconnected with angus at angus at nevada after stops at asu, cal & kansas

no ******* supercuts for spencer#

Joining Angus at Nevada is Lovell grasping at straws….Good luck with that.

BearCam
Angus was not retained by the new staff.

This is Nevada's new OL coach: https://nevadawolfpack.com/sports/football/roster/coaches/brian-armstrong/3438
Shocky1
^ 100% alky, the truth is that spencer is just all about new experiences in life, he got zero chance of ever getting paid in the nfl with his granite statue feet plus the university of london don't got no football schollys or something tho lovell would be one hell of an imposing front door bouncer in mayfair before the dawn in a pitch black nightclub universe

https://instagr.am/p/CTu6JxTlCct
Shocky1
^^ cam, shocky stands corrected re: the wolfpack coaching staff...did u know that when he left berkeley that angus also got his 4.0 gpa son malcolm to leave the #1 ranked public university in the world to transfer to reno?...dad of the year

anyways hoping that new o-line coach armstrong can create the running lanes that will allow future all american running back ashton hayes (who wuz unfairly never given an opportunity to start in front of wildly overrated jaydn ott) & his moms to rush for 1500+ yards in 2024!...sadly hayes only rushed for 102 yards in 2023 with a 3.4 ypc but that's not his fault

kinda wonder when ashton turns 30 and is either a defensive lineman in the nfl or living in his moms basement if he's ever gonna regret walking away from a generational wealth building berkeley degree for his nevada double major in slot machine repair technology & escort management???
tequila4kapp
@shocky - have you played Old Barnwell in S. Carolina yet? Apparently It's getting some run as a top 100 course. I played it twice last week. Interested in your thoughts.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C2z62Qcui7e
wut up tequila?

that's awesome you've gotten in 2 rounds at old barnwall, ima also hearing it's a legit usa top 100 candidate course...wuz it properly grown in at this time & wut aspects of the architectural design resonated with you?

old barnwall is designed by 2 of tom doak's lead associates, blake conant & brian schneider who lives in denver, hosted me on my 1st trip to world top 50 ballyneal back in the day, took credit for the very cool "ski ramp" bump on the right side of the horseshoe green which allows the golfer to putt over a bunker on the short drivable par 4 7th hole which is an artistic touch of absolute genius innovation

https://instagr.am/p/CyOZD-xOSwy
luv the usage of the grass berms in the old barnwall fotos above, very old school uk vibe

shocky is gonna play old barnwall this fall along with doak's new the tree farm outside of aiken south carolina during the acc carolinas roadtrip to wake forest along with a side trip to doak's new #10 course at pinehurst

tequila, did u get in a side trip to buc-ee's?...let's be real here, voodoo donuts in portland is overrated
First Page Last Page
Page 245 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.