cal's monster offensive line

1,819,201 Views | 11117 Replies | Last: 3 hrs ago by Shocky1
Bearspot
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Big C said:

Then, when he has to make some cuts, he can say, "I made every effort to secure funding, but now we have to move on."
Kinda how I interpreted that as well.
Econ141
Bearspot said:

Big C said:

Then, when he has to make some cuts, he can say, "I made every effort to secure funding, but now we have to move on."
Kinda how I interpreted that as well.

I love every Cal football fan on this planet. That said, how many times do we get the message loud and clear that the bureaucracy and apathy from the Cal admin simply will not do what it takes to compete in football ... And simply ignore it, wrongfully thinking that there is a larger force at work. These guys are "sitting on the sidelines."
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
calumnus
Big C said:

Optimist here: Shocky mentioned the word "process" and that is what Lyons is doing -- going through the process of making every effort (or at least saying he did) to save these sports. That was Sandy Barbour's key mistake; she didn't go through the process.

Problem is, we will be another $30 million(?) in the hole every year we put off the inevitable. It puts the entire enterprise at risk. Yes, eventually we will be forced to make the changes, but the ending of the PAC-12, entering into the ACC with reduced revenues, settlement that the Power 4 will have to give up $30 million to the player, getting a new chancellor, having to spend $millions investigating the conduct of the current AD….made NOW the perfect time for Lynn's to come in and clean house starting with Knowlton and institute tough changes to deal with the current reality.
6956bear
calumnus said:

Big C said:

Optimist here: Shocky mentioned the word "process" and that is what Lyons is doing -- going through the process of making every effort (or at least saying he did) to save these sports. That was Sandy Barbour's key mistake; she didn't go through the process.

Problem is, we will be another $30 million(?) in the hole every year we put off the inevitable. It puts the entire enterprise at risk. Yes, eventually we will be forced to make the changes, but the ending of the PAC-12, entering into the ACC with reduced revenues, settlement that the Power 4 will have to give up $30 million to the player, getting a new chancellor, having to spend $millions investigating the conduct of the current AD….made NOW the perfect time for Lynn's to come in and clean house starting with Knowlton and institute tough changes to deal with the current reality.
Knowlton has to go. The donors that Lyons needs to get behind any project or process do not trust Knowlton and many have effectively opted out. They cannot cut sports teams for 2024-2025 season. But they can begin the process of letting everybody know that it is coming and decisions will be made soon.

The next AD has to be somebody that understands and promotes football to the greatest extent possible. Football has to be the priority. That is where the money is. Realignment is coming. There is literally nobody that believes the ACC will stay as is.In fact Cal should be operating as though this is a 2 year deal.A super league is a near certainty. Cal needs to be in that new league. But to get there they need to invest. Now.

Removing Knowlton sends a message. The longer he is around the less likely Lyons will be able to convince folks he is serious about solving this budget. There are a lot of different stakeholders and there will be some hurt feelings. But if football is not solved well enough to make the next realignment it is game over.
mbBear
Econ141 said:

So my Eyeore view of cal football and athletics has proven to be right. This was the realistic view I can get behind. From a home run hire to a dud in just a span of a few weeks.

If he can't get the message from these donors, he is basically as useless as Knowlton.

What is the point of supporting this nonsense any longer?

I cannot believe that after everything that has transpired, including being left out of football all together, these morons can't get their acts together and are primarily worried about belonging.

If the donors need to slap them upside the head with a fist full of cash, I think they should do it!
if you don't want to support, knock yourself out.
My information comes first hand from a large donor, possibly the biggest financial donor on the women's sports side of things (he played basketball)....there is support for Lyons...not going to tell you that it's 100%, because he didn't tell me that...
If you want everything buttoned and taken care of in a month, then what can I tell you...that's not the reality, especially if he is giving the non-revenue men's sports a chance to raise the money to survive...
Shocky1

real talk: watch this breakdown of the skillsets of the bears tight end room from the 25 year old future head coach in waiting haas biz ad grad mike saffell...with all the current challenges of the offensive line & the abject failure of the wide receivers in BLOCKING it's great news to hear that the dynamic corey dyches is excelling at "on the move" downfield BLOCKING particularly on the perimeter which is critical for them espn play of the day PITCHOUT calls to all american jaydn ott on the edges in open space

jack endries gotta lotta snaps last season but wuz a below average blocker, he's gained some good weight this offseason but needs to prove he's not a candy azz soft blocker on fall gamedays

mark my words the fiery coach saffell unlike coach toler is gonna hold his room ACCOUNTABLE for BLOCKING in the run game...the 1st time we see any highlight reel blocks from the cal wideouts will be a 1st

mbBear
6956bear said:

calumnus said:

Big C said:

Knowlton has to go. The donors that Lyons needs to get behind any project or process do not trust Knowlton and many have effectively opted out. They cannot cut sports teams for 2024-2025 season. But they can begin the process of letting everybody know that it is coming and decisions will be made soon.

The next AD has to be somebody that understands and promotes football to the greatest extent possible. Football has to be the priority. That is where the money is. Realignment is coming. There is literally nobody that believes the ACC will stay as is.In fact Cal should be operating as though this is a 2 year deal.A super league is a near certainty. Cal needs to be in that new league. But to get there they need to invest. Now.

Removing Knowlton sends a message. The longer he is around the less likely Lyons will be able to convince folks he is serious about solving this budget. There are a lot of different stakeholders and there will be some hurt feelings. But if football is not solved well enough to make the next realignment it is game over.
The process has begun. Men's sports have to be fully endowed to exist, that seems like it was said pretty clearly. Lyons said football (and men's basketball) are of the upmost importance to the goals of the University, NOT JUST ATHLETICS. Again, what I was told was said: CAL FOOTBALL is important to the University of California and the connection to the Alumni base. To me, Cal class of '79, this is stronger than anything that has been said in 50 years. Does this mean instant magic? Of course not....
The understanding of the college sports landscape was said to be critical. As said above: this is is about Lyons, not Knowlton. There was nothing about the call that made anyone think Lyons isn't "serious about solving the budget."
Done posting...I don't give a **** about the agendas here, and what people THINK is happening or not happening, and hearing what they want to hear, or what they thought a month ago, and how that still has to be true...
...I was one person removed from the call, but my contact was pretty engaged with what he heard...I find it hard to believe that no one on this board was involved in the call, but maybe people here aren't as important as some of us believe, or some aren't as important as they try to make us believe.
Shocky1
NarangS19 said:

I ain't gonna lie dude, if you think they were gonna cut 12 sports right off the bat, you might be crazier than you sound. Also, the fact that you think no one cares about olympic sports is also crazy.
https://instagr.am/p/C-m0ug8sMtM
yo dude, i feel u...wut sport(s) that don't got no money in the past r gonna get coin now??

u tryna throw???...let ******* go!!...pretty sure ur girlfriend banged that dj in cancun

i don't burn bro, u burn!!!!!...don't be a psycho

long eyelashes (latisee plus lumnify eye care, molly wuz ****faced) is triggering#
Shocky1
mb, ur "buddy" may be a coach for the cal's women's varsity lacrosse field hockey quidditch team that is comprised 100% of privileged white girls from fabulously affluent enclaves whose daddys varsity blued their daughters admissions into berkeley under jenny's "watch" but nobody (other than their trust fund daddys) gives a **** about that program & he made a mistake telling u anything

real talk#
Shocky1

^ **** this ****, the #1 acc d transfer portal guy is buc-ee (he's a killah mamushi & a star star star star star star) from the university of calveston

https://instagr.am/p/CuIVTfIJZ2M
shocky got major ocd/non hoarding issues (anti materialisim) & is such a good cleaning boy (he's NOT a slob, just ask megan)!!!#

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world (including japan & a faithfully restored hirono)
Big C
calumnus said:

Big C said:

Yes, I am aware of the urgency. What we have here is a situation where urgency meets bureaucracy. I'm hoping Lyons will get things done -- the right way* -- in as short a period as possible. It might take 6-12 months, I don't know, hopefully less.

* When I say "the right way", I mean in a way that will work, unlike what Sandy Barbour tried. Measure twice; cut once.
6956bear
mbBear said:

6956bear said:

calumnus said:

Big C said:

The process has begun. Men's sports have to be fully endowed to exist, that seems like it was said pretty clearly. Lyons said football (and men's basketball) are of the upmost importance to the goals of the University, NOT JUST ATHLETICS. Again, what I was told was said: CAL FOOTBALL is important to the University of California and the connection to the Alumni base. To me, Cal class of '79, this is stronger than anything that has been said in 50 years. Does this mean instant magic? Of course not....
The understanding of the college sports landscape was said to be critical. As said above: this is is about Lyons, not Knowlton. There was nothing about the call that made anyone think Lyons isn't "serious about solving the budget."
Done posting...I don't give a **** about the agendas here, and what people THINK is happening or not happening, and hearing what they want to hear, or what they thought a month ago, and how that still has to be true...
...I was one person removed from the call, but my contact was pretty engaged with what he heard...I find it hard to believe that no one on this board was involved in the call, but maybe people here aren't as important as some of us believe, or some aren't as important as they try to make us believe.

I don't disagree that Lyons is the critical person. But as you can see there are a number of folks that consider Knowlton to be a major problem. Lyons can do a lot but in the end he will still need the support of most if not all of the major donors and many others that need to be cultivated. These donors are going to fund and endow the sports they wish to save.

If Lyons wants folks to take his message seriously, he needs to take action to removing impediments. Knowlton is an impediment. And needs to be removed. Whatever power and authority he may still have is irrelevant IMO. He has eroded much of whatever trust the AD had and is an incompetent person that is responsible for much of the apathy.

I believe you when you say Lyons is "serious" about solving the budget. Part of the budget concerns are found within the department staffing. The AD and the senior staff will need to be on board. There is bloat and indifference found within the department.

Throwing money at football and mens hoops is a good way to start. But if he does not remove the incompetents and obstructionists it falls flat.

Rich Lyons can be the lead dog in messaging. But he has a million other things to do. If Knowlton is leading the charge day to day IMO it will not work as hoped.

We have heard lots of talk over the years. But very little action. Lyons can not resolve this by himself. But he needs leaders that believe in the message. Knowlton is not that guy. He needs to go. Yesterday.
Shocky1

cal's tropical thunder BIG 3 (let's ******* go!!!)#
oskiswifeshusband
Shocky, when the con-man is long gone. Is the Monster class back and the NIL-4-puppies?!!

Shocky1
the wacky upside down world of shocky (NOT to be confused with the bros of simi valley):

the following is a semi accurate transcript of a telephone conversation with doctor c (son is a relief pitcher with the baltimore orioles) today at 11:49 am on the way to everybody loves des nooner modern yoga class

doc c: good morning bill, i have some good news for you

shocky: wut, ur nurses wanna go naked skinny dipping with me and my doggy dogs???

doc c (clearing his throat): no, that's not exactly...

shocky (kinda interrupting): wait, ur gonna finally sign the state mandated mental competence affidavit so i can become a certified substitute yoga teacher at modern yoga?

doc c: that's definitely not happening!

shocky: sorry to hear that brah, so wut's the deal then?

doc c: your numbers just came back from the lab and your sodium levels are really low

shocky (confused as usual): wut?

doc c: my guess is that with all your yoga and golf your drinking too much water and sweating out the salt, so let's try to reduce your daily water intake particularly those perriers and get some new numbers next week, the little mermaid wants to talk to you anyways so she'll call to schedule an appointment

shocky: great so should i stop by the horsey horse tack shop in old town and get a salt lick block or does it just make more sense to be kissing a curvy brunette yoga female from an academically mediocre school that got really salty lip balm or something?

click...line disconnected

shocky: hello, anybody there?

https://instagr.am/p/CsukIi2tyZo
Shocky1
^^ oskisgirlfriendisbanginbucee, shocky has attended 2 games at haas pavilion since the termination of cal's monster class but if/when he comes back to the magic of cal basketball it's gonna include jaylen brown as the face of cal basketball on a national stage

https://soundcloud.com/the-tribe-akashic/keep-me-company-feat-master-wendu-tae-haru
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C-qXZ3UySUy
2024 fall camp: practice #12

3 biggest takeaways

1) cal's monster offensive line starting line up (right guard vati still in a boot, left to right):
nick morrow, rush reimer, will mcdonald, bastian swinney, tj session

2) kadarius calloway (injuries have slowed down his development) made arguably the play of fall camp taking it 70 yards to the house!!!

3) probable starting wide receiver with SPEED kyion graves (luv the energy/explosivness from the chandler native/transfer from THE ohio state) can not only create separation & catch the ball in downfield vertical aerial bombs but he can also KICK the **** outta the ******* football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fun fact: coach wilcox is recovering from wut is being described as a level 3 stroke at alta bates...get well cards, flowers & letters can be sent to matt bouza or something...last time we checked kyion is on his 27th bleacher run at memorial stadium tonite, yeah megan is checking out his broken down tired azz tho (don't tell nobody but josiah martin is jealous as ****)

this is cal football (mamushi >>>>>>>zony rattlesnakes, just ask kyion)#
Econ141

Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Shocky1

cal golf is a worldwide enterprise (meeting new people all over planet earth, there's a lotta WORLD to see)#
golden sloth
Econ141 said:

I saw this a few days ago, and although I like the results, I cant really agree with them. Cal and Stanford are ranked much higher than they are probably should be. Stanford being ahead of Washington, Tennessee, and Florida state seems to run contrary to what just happened last year and conventional logic. Cal being 22nd overall and ahead of Miami, Auburn, Nebraska and Oregon seems a stretch. I get that UW and Oregon represent two different media markets, when Cal and Stanford would be redundant, but again history just played out, and it was decided that the choosers would rather have UW and Oregon.

That said, I do think the Big Twelve has very large longterm issues which is glossed over by the lawsuits in the ACC. This is why they are actively rooting for other conferences to fail. 4 of their top 6 schools used to be in the Pac-12, and they represented the bottom half of the Pac-12 at that. But again, I don't know how BYU could be less desirable than Kansas State or UCF, so I cant get on board with these rankings.
Shocky1
cal's monster class update: berkeley grad (3 years) jordan matthews just married an asu young lady & got hired by the orlando magic to work in their basketball operations
Econ141
Our basketball success is probably what is inflating our score.

All kidding aside, I agree that putting Cal ahead some of these schools seems ridiculous but hey, the methodology is what it is. Just like many of the schools ranked ahead of Berkeley in US news rankings don't make a lot of sense as a result of the methodology.

If you base academic ranking solely on academic reputation, Berkeley is a top 10 school. If you base realignment value solely on football performance, the names at the top would include the names you mentioned.

We will find out what really matters soon enough!
Give to Cal Legends!

Econ141
golden sloth said:

Econ141 said:

I saw this a few days ago, and although I like the results, I cant really agree with them. Cal and Stanford are ranked much higher than they are probably should be. Stanford being ahead of Washington, Tennessee, and Florida state seems to run contrary to what just happened last year and conventional logic. Cal being 22nd overall and ahead of Miami, Auburn, Nebraska and Oregon seems a stretch. I get that UW and Oregon represent two different media markets, when Cal and Stanford would be redundant, but again history just played out, and it was decided that the choosers would rather have UW and Oregon.

That said, I do think the Big Twelve has very large longterm issues which is glossed over by the lawsuits in the ACC. This is why they are actively rooting for other conferences to fail. 4 of their top 6 schools used to be in the Pac-12, and they represented the bottom half of the Pac-12 at that. But again, I don't know how BYU could be less desirable than Kansas State or UCF, so I cant get on board with these rankings.

I found the methodology he used and he did overweight football success significantly vs the other factors.

Give to Cal Legends!

Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/Bc_MzsuANJA
congrats to incoming true freshmen ziqin eric zhou for making it to the 2024 us amateur field of 64 at hazeltine before losing today in match play on the 19th hole...the shenzen china native is the 16th ranked player in the 2024 class with literally an unlimited upside both academically & athletically in berkeley

eric, here's the deal, when we meet this fall if you will teach me that trick flop shot then shocky will teach u how to do a headstand like he did with jaylen brown back in the day, got it?

https://instagr.am/p/BDilZUghHeU
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/CLKRThtF3iE
cal football INJURY update: with still a ****ton critical number of key players still INJURED due to the cal football program's failure to incorporate YOGA (which allows the body to fluidly move/absorb violent physical contact) with the final scrimmage looming large this saturday, the bears gotta at least eat healthy as **** breakfasts every morning, u feel me???

ponytails (and healthy diets) r triggering#
Shocky1
^ justin wilcox just sent me the following mean spirited text: "guess what Dumb Azz, there's a reason your NOT a certified substitute yoga teacher at Modern Yoga Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha!!!!"
calumnus
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/CLKRThtF3iE
cal football INJURY update: with still a ****ton critical number of key players still INJURED due to the cal football program's failure to incorporate YOGA (which allows the body to fluidly move/absorb violent physical contact) with the final scrimmage looming large this saturday, the bears gotta at least eat healthy as **** breakfasts every morning, u feel me???

ponytails (and healthy diets) r triggering#

Injured before the season even begins is not good.
mbBear
Shocky1 said:

mb, ur "buddy" may be a coach for the cal's women's varsity lacrosse field hockey quidditch team that is comprised 100% of privileged white girls from fabulously affluent enclaves whose daddys varsity blued their daughters admissions into berkeley under jenny's "watch" but nobody (other than their trust fund daddys) gives a **** about that program & he made a mistake telling u anything

real talk#
*** are you talking about? My "buddy," my former roommate, was a Cal basketball player and has contributed big dollars to women's sports, and you know what oh Great Pervy One, that means less dollars that have to come out of football and basketball...the budgets for that sport don't get increased because someone gives to a non-revenue sport.
Women's sports aren't going away, even though you think the women are only worthwhile if they look good on a viral video. But good luck on your efforts to roll back Title IX...the great American that you are, I'm sure you will find those running for office in this election year who will be supportive of your efforts against women...
Shocky1
nice spin brah, the truth is that shocky is supportive of title ix within the context of financial sustainability & the truth is that every curvy brunette yoga female lifeguard dating back to my time at stinson beach high school and both of my daughters shay & taylor r fully aware of my fully engaged empowerment actions

https://instagr.am/p/BK1PpkdD858
Pittstop
Shocky1 said:

cal's tropical thunder BIG 3 (let's ******* go!!!)#

Lotta 'Uncommitted' players on the Polynesian Bowl roster. Especially at a few positions of need for Cal, like OL and DL and TE.
Pittstop
Shocky1 said:

3 biggest takeaways

1) cal's monster offensive line starting line up (right guard vati still in a boot, left to right):

2) kadarius calloway (injuries have slowed down his development) made arguably the play of fall camp taking it 70 yards to the house!!!

3) probable starting wide receiver with SPEED kyion graves (luv the energy/explosivness from the chandler native/transfer from THE ohio state) can not only create separation & catch the ball in downfield vertical aerial bombs but he can also KICK the **** outta the ******* football!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fun fact: coach wilcox is recovering from wut is being described as a level 3 stroke at alta bates...get well cards, flowers & letters can be sent to matt bouza or something...last time we checked kyion is on his 27th bleacher run at memorial stadium tonite, yeah megan is checking out his broken down tired azz tho (don't tell nobody but josiah martin is jealous as ****)

Is this serious regarding JW recovering from as stroke, and there being no mention of it anywhere else (that I can find) on BI other than this 'offhanded' mention buried in the "Monster OL" thread?
Shocky1
^ shocky poor taste sense of humour, justin did not actually stoke out when kyion punted the **** outta the ball
calumnus
Pittstop said:

Shocky1 said:

3 biggest takeaways

Is this serious regarding JW recovering from as stroke, and there being no mention of it anywhere else (that I can find) on BI other than this 'offhanded' mention buried in the "Monster OL" thread?

Yeah, glad you brought that up. Wilcox was hospitalized?
smh
> fun fact: coach wilcox is recovering from wut is being described as a level 3 stroke at alta bates...get well cards, flowers & letters can be sent to matt bouza or something..

apparently a throwaway joke by insider's sickest poster
# drugs.. baad.
muting more than 300 handles, turnaround is fair play
Shocky1
smh, shocky don't burn, do u burn bro?

molly mcshay gotta 2.36 gpa in cosmetology at moorpark junior college (and raised a dope azz kid)#
First Page Last Page
Page 298 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.