cal's monster offensive line

1,814,698 Views | 11111 Replies | Last: 1 hr ago by Shocky1
calumnus
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Our base offense should probably be two TE pistol (or Mendoza under center) with lots of outside zone running (with Ott and The Jet getting lots of reps) and play action passing off the fake, including lots of bootlegs in opposite direction.

82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

bearsandgiants said:

Defenders have at least a two-step head start toward ott and everyone else thanks to the freaking RIDICULOUS inability of literally anyone to snap the damn ball properly, imagine if our long snapper looped it up like that for punts ans placekicks. It's maddening.
b&g, agreed snaps are not ideal this season thus far but the bigger issue to me is that the o-line seems slow to move in response to the snaps, they are not quick off the ball which makes it seem kinda like they're moving in slo mo & opposing defenders are already accelerating past them for tackles behind the line of scrimmage...some of that might be not having quick twitch +1 athleticism but in the auburn & florida state games it seems that the lack of comfort with the silent snaps is the real problem (which is correctable)

Exactly. Our OL walls off the DL instead of fires off. If every running play is an RPO then we have to wall off to some extent but what I see is too many up the middle handoffs where the DL has just pushed our OL into the backfield. I don't get that strategy.
Shocky1

7:30 pm on saturday october 5th in hosting the weather channel tornado offense miami hurricanes is the absolute BEST kickoff time to ensure a loud/rowdy (spirit squad: NO card stunts plz) student body overflow crowd, young families with kids soccer & ****, retirees who wanna watch other key games all day and a pregame tee time for shocky!!!

yeah release the CASH at a hostile home field advantage kinda like auburn & florida state!!

confiscate the MONEY (them california golden bears r real crowd pleasers at memorial stadium)#
Shocky1

charlie berridge es en fuego!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

starting on the par 3 9th hole at aldarra (high end fazio outside of seattle) charlie just aced the 271 yards (it plays straight downhill like a ski lift) par 3 13th hole after eagling 3 the crazy uphill 522 yards par 5 12th & starting with a birdie 3 on the short par 4 10th hole!!

charlie is a late bloomer & blew up this summer on east coast tournaments near his home in westchester county (plays outta the coore & crenshaw renovated wykagl) including the prestigious porter club & is playing in the #1 slot in the bears opening tournament

his dad eric is a berkeley grad & a key founder of brambles

this **** is getting live!!
82gradDLSdad
Shocky1 said:

7:30 pm on saturday october 5th in hosting the weather channel tornado offense miami hurricanes is the absolute BEST kickoff time to ensure a loud/rowdy (spirit squad: NO card stunts plz) student body overflow crowd, young families with kids soccer & ****, retirees who wanna watch other key games all day and a pregame tee time for shocky!!!

yeah release the CASH at a hostile home field advantage kinda like auburn & florida state!!

confiscate the MONEY (them california golden bears r real crowd pleasers at memorial stadium)#

Surprisingly, to me anyway, the SDSU night game brought out more scantily dressed young women than I had ever seen. My wife and her girlfriend were appalled...as why I. ;-). Wouldn't be sad if it's not too cold again. Good thing my heart and marriage are strong.
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/DAHCW17Pm9C
ATTENDANCE: 66.087
west virginia at pittsburgh acrisure stadium in STEEL TOWN
saturday september 14, 2024

lil kids & hostile road game venues r loud & FUN (r the bears practicing the silent count snaps??)#
Shocky1

2nd california golden bear HOLE IN ONE today!!!!!!!!!!!!

seton hall grad transfer (berkeley biz grad cert program) wenliang xie jars it on the 2nd hole

this **** is getting live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cal is a golf school#
Shocky1

sports (and life) r FUN when ur 100% prepared/invested in success#
Shocky1

charlie berridge shoots a 64 in the morning round with a HOLE IN ONE
daniel heo shoots a 63 in the afternoon round with a HOLE IN ONE

both bears are tied for 5th in the individual competition & cal is tied for 2nd with pepperdine at 15 under par after 2 rounds & 5 strokes behind utah

yeah it wuz a magical day in the northwest for day 1 out for new head coach michael wilson's men's golf team

ok it wuzn't perfect, there wuz 9 double bogeys & 3 triple bogeys during the 36 holes today (top 4 of 5 scores count in each round), gotta keep the doggy dog poops to a minimum (bogeys r not the end of the world & neither r poopy diapers)

on 10 paws we stood tall, wanted in 2 states we can't move wrong (playing golf with ur friends is FUN!!!!!)#
HoopDreams
Shocky1 said:

2nd california golden bear HOLE IN ONE today!!!!!!!!!!!!

seton hall grad transfer (berkeley biz grad cert program) wenliang xie jars it on the 2nd hole

this **** is getting live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cal is a golf school#
shockster, do you have any hole-in-one stories?
Shocky1

hoops, back in the day during the cal's monster class era that u & shocky produced (which remains today the most read recruiting message board thread in the history of college basketball) shocky took his then high school daughters shay & taylor to the monterrey peninsula

^ note in the above foto tay is holding her dad's wrist to prevent him from stormin' the floor too early during cal's epic victory over the donut boy of tucson's then #1 ranked arizona wildcats

anyways shocky gets dropped off at the municipal pacific grove golf course (30 bucks to walk twilite rate) late in the afternoon by his daughters, they are told they can drive the avis (which is probably against the law or something for drivers to be under 25 but it's never too early to teach responsibility or how to co exist in county jail) carefully while exploring 17 mile drive but to be back at sunset (any non golfer that's ever travelled with shocky knows how the deal works, pick him up by the 18th green at dark & be ready to go to dinner & already have ur dinner selection(s) before we get to the restaurant, no menus)

https://instagr.am/p/C7zEhRYpI8R
so the 1st hole at pacific grove (the fabulous back nine in the sand dunes is the cypress point for non ceos) is a 146 yard par 3 with a back pin into a mild breeze & shocky's drawing 7 iron lands somewhere on the right side of the green (it's getting dusky, kinda hard to see the ball)...while walking up to the green while playing by myself with my mackenzie bag over my shoulder another single golfer walking off the 2nd tee low key gives me the universal caddie single of 2 fingers pointed down that my shot went over the green, no big deal

https://instagr.am/p/C6AQoQvxGeL
shocky looks behind the green & can't find his ball...he looks for his ballmark on the green as a clue as to his shot's mysterious whereabouts & discovers his ball is an ace for his 1st and only hole in one!!!...apparently the other golfer's nonchalant 2 fingers down meant the ball wuz dunked in the hole

the monster considers for a half a second taking his daughters to pebble beach's ritzy tap room for a bottle of screaming eagle premium but the truth is that our kids model our behavior in life (all my kids are like me & only social celebrations lite drinkers, we don't need to be drunk off our azz to relax/be uninhibited, shocky don't got no social filter)...so instead after dinner in pacific grove we go to baskin robbins & each get small cups of my favorite double fudge brownie ice cream with fuschia big party sprinkles & eat them outside while hearing the pacific ocean waves crash against the seawall while we laugh about stupid ****!!!

https://instagr.am/p/CnScYxKS0GP

pacific grove that nite wuz midnight city (BURP!!!)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/DAQ_3Xms_nu
r u registered to vote?#
Joegeo
I think it's that and I think the offense staff needs to sit down and agree that the offense line will mess up. So you can't rely on a long drive because the offensive line will whiff on some blocks or pre-snap penalties to kill a drive.

So they need to script up some explosive plays (like 60-yard plays) with max protect to get around needing your offensive line to be okay for 10-plus play a drive.
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

BearForceOne said:

Agree with many others that we should use pitchouts or toss plays to get Ott to the outside. One thing I noticed was that Ott frequently comes to almost a full stop behind the line waiting for a hole to open up, all the while the defenders are closing in on him. Pitchouts would allow him to keep moving and keep his speed, rather than coming to a stop and trying to reaccelerate.

Having said this, I'm wondering how much feedback Ott (or players in general) provides to coaches in-game about such things. If he says, "hey coach, I'm not seeing any holes up the middle, how about we try a pitchout to the outside?" , I'm sure it will carry some weight and be considered. Is this not happening
bearforceone, 100% agreed that jaydn ott is most effective when already in motion & moving towards maximum acceleration (thx u ultravox)...the current playcalling of intentionally running him like a car into a telephone pole isn't working at all & as you point out requires him to slowly probe non existent holes for a gap which mitigates his elite SPEED

if there's anyone in the program that can lobby for a PITCHOUT or another play call it's jaydn ott, he's got the maximum respect of everyone in the program...the bigger question is why isn't the old school bloesch asking jaydn what play calls best take advantage of his skillset??

mike has had 5 games now calling the plays & there's been ZERO PITCHOUTS, ott's rushing yardage numbers have been terrible during this period...mike has publicly said he doesn't care about statistics as long as the team wins, well cal lost to florida state saturday nite & jaydn ott is gonna lose millions in the 2025 nfl draft if the playcalling doesn't improve to take advantage of our players' strengths

former starting center addison ooms dad has posted here on the monster thread that his son actively lobbied bill musgrave to dial up PITCHOUTS and that those plays wuz successful so there's always hope that bloesch is NOT tuning everybody/everything out

averaging 3.86 yards per rush this season despite elite rbs like jaydn & THE JET!!!! along with being one of the worst teams in the nation in protecting the qb (bottom 5 in sacks allowed per game) suggest that bloesch's strategies need to be reevaluated during the bye week

it's also a shame/disappointing that ott's position coach aristotle thompson & coach toler who knows wut javid best did with PITCHOUTS aren't lobbying on jaydn't behalf to get him the football while already in motion accelerating to maximum SPEED to the edges with wide open space to do his MAGIC!!

https://instagr.am/p/C0HoxzfyyJq
PITCHOUTS are kinda like KICKOFFS for jaydn ott in that he's already moving towards maximum acceleration when he receives the ball & then we're off to the ******* races!!!!!!!!

and no the sideways swing passes to ott that are 100% telegraphed are NOT the solution nor are any more slow developing intentional running cars into telephone poles bull****...if coach bloesch thinks still he's living in texas in the 1980s & handing the ball up the ******* middle to ******* earl campbell SOMEBODY needs to set him ******* straight, got it?

wake the **** up, this lousy azz playcalling is an indictment of coach wilcox, coach bloesch & every ******* staff member of the cal football program who is not speaking up to not waste the generational talents of #1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

shocky is so tired of this ******* ****, do ******* better starting with PITCHOUTS against miami

the university of california, berkeley=#2 ranked public university in the world (as chancellor lyons goes on his 36 month "listening tour" despite being a part of berkeley for DECADES)
BearForceOne
Hopefully we will install and/or practice pitchouts during the bye week. I think coach Bloesch has potential to be a really great coach at Cal and I think he will show that by making adjustments for the Miami game.
Shocky1

elementary my dear watson (defensive backs & tight ends r the 2 most improved units/rooms this season)#
Shocky1
^ very impressed with coach watson's honesty/transparency of player evaluations & also awareness that our bears wanna someday get PAID in the national football league...tre is developing/coaching up the db room with coach brown (both are doing a great job) & striving to win football games while also showcasing his players for the next level

be very afraid of coaches who say they don't give a **** about stats & that they just wanna win football games on a football field with a football, that's not a relatable attitude for today's aspirational young men...hurting a player's nfl draft stock is career suicide for coaches in this era

our high gpa true student athletes wanna earn a berkeley degree which is a key component of building generational wealth while simultaneously tryna develop their skills to get PAID in the nfl and both of these goals are congruous with winning a lotta football games in berkeley
Shocky1

sweater weather in montreal#

https://instagr.am/p/DAO67oDsBnz
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/C_tuK2VSic4
where's the training wheels?? (plus an all world ponytail!)#
Econ141
If they didn't do this in the spring after a year's worth of data running up the middle, what is the catalyst for change now?
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Goobear
Econ141 said:

If they didn't do this in the spring after a year's worth of data running up the middle, what is the catalyst for change now?
Thinking Ott cannot cut back yetโ€ฆ.due to his injuryโ€ฆjust a thought
Econ141
Fair except on the longer runs Ott had against FSU, seemed like he bounced outside.
Give to Cal Legends!

https://calegends.com/donation/ Do it now. Text every Cal fan you know, give them the link, tell them how much you gave, and ask them to text every Cal fan they know and do the same.
Shocky1
coach bloesch now has 5 games of play calling under his belt at cal, he has enough empirical evidence to clearly see that his 1980s smash mouth texas high school schemes are not working against elite collegiate defenses

the cal football program is outta time, it's win now or shut it down, replacing coaches at this stage in the game is neither likely or feasible

agreed jaydn's injury has impacted his ability to cut (the bye week is timely) but with that being said he wuz not physically limited in shreveport & bloesch's schemes then wuz ineffectually trash then too...it should be pointed out that even a fake pitch out to ott would open things up for other playmakers

the bye week is an ideal time to reassess & artfully make adaptive changes, monster ideas could include:

*****playing both jaydn & THE JET!!!! in the same backfield thereby putting the most SPEED possible on the field

*****designing a series package for mobile qb2 chandler rogers that includes an option read sweep with the PITCHOUT as option #3

*****practicing the silent count snaps until it becomes 2nd nature, that clearly wuz not the case in tallahassee & coach wilcox's press conference comments revealing his lack of comprehension that his o-linemen wuz not properly prepared is mind boggling

*****starting games with the 2 tight end jumbo package & staying with it until it's stopped by the d

*****benching wide receivers that are candy azz soft blockers, rewarding wideout downfield blocking with playing time...7 on 11 (qbs don't block) will NEVER result in a powerful running game, coach toler needs to hold his players accountable with less blah blah blah coachspeak

mike, ur only limited by ur imagination in scheming the cal offense, just ask urself: wut would buc-ee do if he wuz in ur shoes??

https://instagr.am/p/C_bb1kIuBLy
BearForceOne
Point taken. I'm just hoping that coach Bloesch can and will learn and adapt. He's been our OC for 5 games now, which is something, but also not a huge number of games yet. I think he's still trying to find what works and what doesn't, and he got a good lesson in the FSU game.
Shocky1

the bears did not finish strong today in finishing 4th out of 14 teams but gotta lotta valuable experiences this week:

*****congrats to daniel heo on transformatvely developing his game this summer & finishing tied for 6th at 7 under par including an en fuego 63

*****similarly late blooming charlie berridge played like a confident boss man with a 64 & finishing tied for 11th at 6 under par...ouch dept: going from a hole in one to a 6 on the par 3 13th hole in the next round, that's golf

*****the seton hall grad transfer wenliang xie made a solid cal debut birdieing 4 of his final 5 holes today in finishing the tournament at even par

*****kuangyu chen settled down after a mediocre opening round & is needed to provide senior leadership moving forward

*****true freshman matthew miyamoto made an impressive collegiate debut displaying scoring firepower with 9 birdies & an eagle in 54 holes but gotta play more strategically in limiting the big numbers

historically those bears finishing in the top 10 in the prior tournament have been exempted from qualifying for the next tournament (at the meadow club october 7th & 8th), will be interesting to see how coach wilson sets up his meritocracy playing time system which des modeled after the pga tour
Cal_79
Econ141 said:

Wilcox has 7+ years of this... the play caller for his anemic, mostly boring, offense seems irrelevant.
Shocky1

https://instagr.am/p/C2kqalAvM8k
what happens in las vegas stays in las vegas (unless it's a std, release the CASH)#
Shocky1

the pac 12 is irrelevant (knowlton's final revenge while lyons sleeps on pride rock)#
Shocky1
Shocky1 said:

https://instagr.am/p/C7ccGvLtJSR
2025 cal's monster class (14 strong now): whose next???

4.0 gpa 6' 195 lbs game changing safety aiden manutai from powerhouse kahuku high school is an integral part of the BIG 3 2025 hawaii to berkeley pipeline, brah got closing SPEED, ball awareness & hits like a bad azz

3.75 gpa 6'3" 210 lbs ELITE quarterback jaron keawe sagapolutele from campbell high school in ewa beach hawaii got "the strongest arm in the country, throws the tightest ball in this year's class"

4.41 gpa (will major in computer science) 5'11" 170 lbs safety tre' harrison from junipero serra high school got isaiah crosby size & elite closing SPEED that the takers staff is prioritizing to successfully defend modern spread offenses

3.7 gpa 6'6" 305 lbs offensive lineman mike klisiewicz from liberty high school in brentwood got the elite height, weight & high gpa as coach bloesch (the bears best coach) continues to 100% upgrade the o-line room

3.25 gpa 6'4" 225 lbs tight end jacob houseworth from fortuna union high school gotta chip on his shoulder & is nasty azz physical blocking & running with the ball in a jack colletto jack of all trades kinda way

3.4 gpa 6' 165 lbs corner/nickel back jae'on young from sierra canyon high school got world class SPEED, the early enrollee will be competing in 2025 spring ball as multiple takers graduate/pursue nfl opportunities

3.2 gpa 6'2" 250 lbs lebron williams from kahuku high school rolls as an active high energy defensive lineman that got the skillset necessary to play in coach browning's new more attacking/disruptive scheme

4.2 gpa 6'3" 205 lbs all state linebacker beckham barney is a sideline to sideline tackling machine from mountain view high school in mesa with a high football iq that gotta lotta academic ambition

3.9 gpa 6'1" 190 lbs running back anthony league from millikan high school in long beach gotta opportunity to carry the rock after all american jaydn ott declares for the 2025 draft

3.7 gpa 6'3" 255 lbs alpa predator edge defender ikechukwu okafor at alief hastings high school in houston is yet another future university of calveston grad...SPEED, strength & intelligence

3.2 gpa 6'3" 300 lbs ben howard a high school tackle at lehi high school (utah) but projects as an interior trench worker at cal...got mobility/quick twitch movements & finishes with a violent nasty azz non stop motor

3.75 gpa 6'3" 210 lbs hybrid wideout/tight end meyer swinney from interlachen high school is gonna be the 2nd fam member to earn a degree from the #1 ranked public university in the world...nightmare mismatch for smaller dbs
https://instagr.am/p/C5y6RfEuwUe

3.8 gpa 6'1" 225 lbs quick twitch +1 athletic inside linebacker carter jones from crean lutheran in the oc...could be a family deal with 2027 qb caden also with a bears offer

3.4 gpa 5'11" 170 lockdown cornerback kaden cook from round rock (near austin), texas...kaden is gonna be yet another university of calveston grad whose fam & friends will show out for our upcoming acc rivalry with smu

the university of california, berkeley=#1 ranked public university in the world

wut's ur gpa??#
Shocky1

dunking a basketball (or reaching the top shelf at sprouts/whole foods) is for losers (just ask mikey matthews)#
Shocky1

with the new university of calveston recruiting footprint, scheduling texas schools is a smart tactical strategic decision (just ask buc-ee) as is the annual acc protected annual rivalry games with smu in dallas in 2024, 2026, 2028, etc...the 2026 byu game in provo will be future all american high gpa (will earn a berkeley degree) cade uluave's senior season as a bear unless he declares for the pga tour before then cuz he ran out of new titleists at tilden park

https://instagr.am/p/Cn4yq_Vuq98
2026 byu/black desert (best course in utah evah) roadie#

fun fact: the black lava kinda like the same **** on the big island of hawaii looks pretty from further afar but if u walk on it looking for ur golf ball it will cut ur golf shoes up like razorblades...FEAR the lava!!
Jeff82
I'm thinking Matthew Miyamoto is probably Craig Miyamoto's son. Craig played for Cal in the early 90s, and was the golf coach a couple of years for the special interest week at the Lair. Craig knocked around the mini-tours for a year or two, and then because a financial planner, working out of Sacramento. Great guy. I hope his son has an excellent Cal career.
Shocky1
jeff, ur probably right as matthew is from sacramento & a grad of jesuit hs

starting as a true freshman in a remarkable achievement (and 9 birdies & an eagle in 54 holes is a lotta explosive fireworks upside), just gotta put a governor on the big numbers but yeah he got game

https://instagr.am/p/CywyWeyxlXg
fun fact?: kinda thinking matthew's curvy brunette yoga female prom date took off her high heels for the foto

standing on biz (like collin)#
Shocky1
https://instagr.am/p/BqAsBkVHoG3
official monster class annoucnement:

doms just voted into the cal dance/cheer hall of fame!!

honorees get 25% off on all asuc store purchases, FREE parking at all cal gamedays & a signed jordan kynasyk football card or something!!!
Shocky1

CONGRATULATIONS to fledging artist lacey homa's oddly moving/emotional portrait of her husband, she particularly nailed max's big azz ears!!

2024 1st round match ups tomorrow at the 2024 president's cup at royal montreal blue:

four ball matches:

ben an/jason day vs scottie xander schauffele/tony finau: 11:35 am east coast local time

collin morikawa/sahith theegala vs adam scott/min woo lee: 11:53 am east coast local time

max homa will be an active cheering participant as he recovers from his wife's portrait of him

shocky's canada top 10 golf courses:

1) cabot cliffs: this nova scotia coore & crenshaw masterpiece got almost half the holes in the atlantic ocean that's FUN, scenic & offers creative shotmaking opportunities...bullet proof world top 20 course
https://instagr.am/p/C_BJfyIumYq
2) st georges: one of the best parkland golf courses on planet earth, she has only gotten more beautiful with age & requires imaginative shotmaking with the backboards, sideboards & trap doors...world top 50 course
https://instagr.am/p/B_XiKj5FXL0
significant drop in golf course architecture

3): capilono: vancouver hilly stanley thompson design...pro tip: eat a japadog with udon noodles in the morning, hike grouse's grind & bicycle at stanley park around the lake & dine at miku outside on the comfy sofas while watching the sun disappear into the pacific ocean

4): cabot links: next door to cabot cliffs just on a slightly flatter parcel of land but perfect for a view of nova scotia's perfect eclipse of the sun (and ur horse naturally won)

5) hamilton: located in the blue collar town of ancaster, this colt design is a rugged canadian beauty

6) toronto golf club: the blue bloods club in town, don't use the wrong fork at lunch!!

7) memphremagog: very small uber wealthy membership that hates canadians, only french is spoken at the club...best conditioned course in canada

8) royal montreal blue: typical dick wilson/robert trent jones mid century vanilla design with zero quirk..pair with breakfast at canada's iconic schwartz's deli, don't miss the freshly baked bagels & expect to stand in line

9) the national: the hardest course in canada with an 18 hole proctored final examination but is that really fun?

10) glen abbey: typical nicklaus group architorture, a foursome of 100 shooters will lose 25+ balls

fun fact: do NOT visit any of the 10,000+ tim hortons in canada, their donuts are made of cardboard (buc-ee's rules planet earth!!)

eh, it's the canadian adventure but where's bullwinkle??
First Page Last Page
Page 316 of 318

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.