Story Poster
Photo by Instagram / Mike Kliziewicz
Cal Football

Liberty OT Mike Klisiewicz Stays Local With Cal

June 24, 2024

The Bears picked up their 13th commitment of the 2025 class with the addition of Liberty (Brentwood, CA) High School offensive tackle Mike Klisiewicz‍.

The 3 star OT announced his commitment on Instagram Monday night, saying, “I am excited to announce that I am 100% committed to Cal Berkeley. I would like to thank my parents for being there every step of the way. I would also like to thank my coaches and teammates for pushing me every day, making me stronger. Big thanks to the Cal coaching staff for believing in me and giving me this amazing opportunity.”

“I think having a coach that coaches OL and also runs the offense is amazing I think it really helps with knowing that the guys up front can get the job done,” Klisiewicz said after his commitment. “Cal was amazing and I believe it was the right fit by how I felt during the whole visit. It was just great. I never imagined being a Bear when I was younger but I’m glad I am!

“I had a great time at my Cal visit. Some of the things that stood out to me were the high academics and the beautiful campus, as well as the top-tier facilities and training table. Hanging with the players was lots of fun and talking with the coaches was great, as well.”

The 6-6/305 OT is one of the top Bay Area linemen. He held offers from Washington State, Fresno State, San Diego State and more before choosing Cal.

Klisiewicz joins fellow OL Ben Howard‍, RB Anthony League‍, WR Meyer Swinney‍, Jacob Houseworth‍‍, DEs Ike Okafor‍ and Lebron Williams‍, LBs @Ke’Breion Winston, Carter Jones‍  and Beckham Barneyand DBs Kaden Cook‍.

Discussion from...

Liberty OT Mike Klisiewicz Stays Local With Cal

5,738 Views | 17 Replies | Last: 2 mo ago by bluehenbear
Goobear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Mike welcome to you and your family to Cal Football! Wishing you the best of success on and off the field.Go Bears!
NVBear78
Welcome to Cal and Go Bears!!!
Big C

Glad you're choosing Cal, Mike! And your family won't have to come very far to see you play! Go Bears!!!
concernedparent
Quote:

I never imagined being a Bear when I was younger but I'm glad I am!
Goes to show you how stale our brand has gotten that even local kids aren't even excited about us. In another world where we managed our brand and athletic programs competently, we should be the dream school for every kid from San Luis Obispo up to the Oregon border.
Pittstop
concernedparent said:

Quote:

Goes to show you how stale our brand has gotten that even local kids aren't even excited about us. In another world where we managed our brand and athletic programs competently, we should be the dream school for every kid from San Luis Obispo up to the Oregon border.

Sounded, to me, like Cal was the impossible dream - the gold standard - that he never imagined he could aspire to reach. But now he has, and he is glad to be a Bear.
MoragaBear
Staff
Pittstop said:

concernedparent said:

Quote:

Sounded, to me, like Cal was the impossible dream - the gold standard - that he never imagined he could aspire to reach. But now he has, and he is glad to be a Bear.
Exactly
concernedparent
Pittstop said:

concernedparent said:

Quote:

You're probably right and I hope so.
rkt88edmo
Right on, good backyard get, hopefully we keep it up!
bonsallbear
Pretty big for an OT. Perhaps a guard down the line?
MoragaBear
Staff
bonsallbear said:

Doubtful. You don't see many 6'6 guards.
concernedparent
bonsallbear said:

He's the perfect size for an OT. Tackles are usually the biggest guys on the OL.
89Bear
Any idea what weight and height would be ideal for Coach B at OT? A ballpark for those of us who have no idea? Thanks!
flounder
bonsallbear said:

what are you talking about? Tarik Glenn 6.5 332, Mitchell Schwartz 6.5 317, Ryan O'Callaghan 6.7 360.

we have just suffered with undersized tackles lately.
bonsallbear
I stand corrected. Just hope he's quick laterally to handle the speed rushers. He certainly has the size to handle DTs
6956bear
concernedparent said:

bonsallbear said:

He's the perfect size for an OT. Tackles are usually the biggest guys on the OL.
He is. He has some tools. His feet are likely his biggest obstacle to overcome. I trust Bloesch. he is a very good technical coach. This kid has the arm length and size you want and some edge to his game. I really love the fact that he will enroll at 300 lbs. Cal has for far too long been recruiting OL that need to pack on weight just to see the field. Klisiewicz will now be able to focus on his strength and technical skills without the burden of having to throw 40-50 lbs on just to be a consideration.

Players like Brayden Rohme and Will Craig were never able to get to the optimal weight. This player has tools to work with. He like all players need to be developed. But he wont have to spend the next 2 years trying to eat his way to optimal size. Cannot predict he will be a star, but he has a chance to be a player.
falseintellect
Hey! I went to that high school! The football team was very bad back then when I was there!

Congrats to Mike!
bluehenbear
Klisiewicz is a good name for a an offensive lineman.
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.