Home Field Disadvantage

901 Views | 5 Replies | Last: 27 days ago by going4roses
realjparra
How long do you want to ignore this user?
If the band, house DJ, and student section could synchronize their efforts to create a unified sound, it would dramatically elevate the game-day atmosphere. On Saturday, everyone was out of sync, chants clashed, different songs played over each other, and the hype man's mic was too low, failing to engage the crowd. With better coordination, the energy in the stadium could reach an entirely new level.

The student section hype men were dropping F-bombs, which upset the parents around me. They were also shouting things like "UC Davis are our little brothers and suck." How 'bout we don't give the other team fuel?

Lean into the East Bay hip hop scene to fire up both the players and the crowd--turn the stadium into a true fortress. On key plays like third downs, hit them with a foghorn blast, taking a page out of the New England Patriot's playbook. We've got ports, ships, and all the grit--let's make that foghorn our own signature sound and let the whole place feel it!

Cal has immense potential to establish a true home-field advantage and create an electric atmosphere, especially as we enter our first year in the ACC. To make this season unforgettable, setting the tone is crucial--it's just as important as anything else in fueling our team and energizing the crowd.

We have the roster. We have the talent. Now, we need the atmosphere to bring it all together.

Go Bears!
oregoncalbear
Getting a headliner music act, espn game day and a W with the crowd rushing the field would do wonders for us
StillNoStanfurdium
realjparra said:

If the band, house DJ, and student section could synchronize their efforts to create a unified sound, it would dramatically elevate the game-day atmosphere. On Saturday, everyone was out of sync, chants clashed, different songs played over each other, and the hype man's mic was too low, failing to engage the crowd. With better coordination, the energy in the stadium could reach an entirely new level.

The student section hype men were dropping F-bombs, which upset the parents around me. They were also shouting things like "UC Davis are our little brothers and suck." How 'bout we don't give the other team fuel?

Lean into the East Bay hip hop scene to fire up both the players and the crowd--turn the stadium into a true fortress. On key plays like third downs, hit them with a foghorn blast, taking a page out of the New England Patriot's playbook. We've got ports, ships, and all the grit--let's make that foghorn our own signature sound and let the whole place feel it!

Cal has immense potential to establish a true home-field advantage and create an electric atmosphere, especially as we enter our first year in the ACC. To make this season unforgettable, setting the tone is crucial--it's just as important as anything else in fueling our team and energizing the crowd.

We have the roster. We have the talent. Now, we need the atmosphere to bring it all together.

Go Bears!
The foghorn would be super random for the team. If you're gonna do anything do a bear growl/roar or something. The Campanile Bells. Something that has a connection to Cal rather than a geographic connection that we haven't embraced. We're not the Clippers or (Nate) Longshoremen, we're the Golden Bears.
eabandit
Agree with the sentiment of this post. I feel like we have all the pieces but don't quite execute end-to-end.

* Last year P-Lo gave a live performance in the student section. How awesome is that? We need to bring him back.
* We have a new hype man (Franco Finn from the Warriors) who is a professional.
* We've always had a DJ playing pre-game warmup music for the players.
* We obviously have the band and cannon.

Really feels like we need to connect all of this to bring together a more cohesive experience. I think we're improving on this front but it's very incremental.

When I was a student in 2004-2008 I don't remember much cohesion or anything, but we sold out regularly and packed Memorial so I guess it didn't really matter.
realjparra
StillNoStanfurdium said:

realjparra said:

Go Bears!
The foghorn would be super random for the team. If you're gonna do anything do a bear growl/roar or something. The Campanile Bells. Something that has a connection to Cal rather than a geographic connection that we haven't embraced. We're not the Clippers or (Nate) Longshoremen, we're the Golden Bears.
They did play the foghorn on a turnover on downs, though. But I get it, a bear growl makes way more sense in those moments.
going4roses
La Russell & P Lo would bring so much energy La Russell's energy is top tier and would almost insure a sellout
Tell someone you love them and try to have a good day
Refresh
Page 1 of 1

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.