Hey Dodgers Fans

983,223 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
TiredBear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Go Giants!
TiredBear
Still worried about Pablo's weight? Me either.
liverflukes
NYCGOBEARS
One more Giants walk off HR by Quiroz for another dramatic win over the Dodgers!!!! Wow! What a series thus far.
Cal Panda Bear
Feels good to beat the Doyers. Feels even better to beat them with a walk off...two nights in a row. Go Giants! BEAT LA!!!
heartofthebear
NYCGOBEARS;842120472 said:

One more Giants walk off HR by Quiroz for another dramatic win over the Dodgers!!!! Wow! What a series thus far.

Quiroz story:

15 years of professional baseball
10 in majors
Only 200+ ABs total in career
A hand full of homers in career
Beat out last year's star rookie, Sanchez (out of shape), in spring
works hard every day lifting weights etc. with the goal of doing what he did last night.

Note: Sanchez got sent down on Friday and Francisco Peguero, hitting over .400 in AAA gets brought up.
Peguero's stats. yesterday after replacing Pagan (hamstring) in the line-up
1 for 2 with a double and scored the run to tie it at 9.

Wierd season for the Giants:
Starting pitching not so great
Clutch hitting off the charts
march2397
Cain winless. Vogelsong struggling. Barry and Timmy back? Strange.
NYCGOBEARS
march2397;842120517 said:

Cain winless. Vogelsong struggling. Barry and Timmy back? Strange.

Exactly. It has been a strange year thus far. I'm hoping that our starting pitching returns to form.
Cal Panda Bear
Its been strange but as long as we continue beating up the Doyers, we all good. Go Gigantes! Beat LA!
LethalFang
Don't worry. Dodgers will throw more cash into the furnace to solve their problems.
Deutsch
Correction. LA people don't hate SF or the Giants. They are a bit puzzled and somewhat amused at the vitriol in SF, but find it quaint.
Cal_Fan2
Deutsch;842120622 said:

Correction. LA people don't hate SF or the Giants. They are a bit puzzled and somewhat amused at the vitriol in SF, but find it quaint.

Too bad these guys didn't get the message before they beat the hell out of Bryan Stow.....

Deutsch
A little inquiry would distinguish common thugs (who appear at ucla games and rough up trojan eldery fans) from the average angelino. But if your aim is to stoke the rabid in SF, by all means go for it. My hero growing up was Juan Marichal...until he took a bat to someone...oh right, a Dodger.
TiredBear
The Dodgers are amazingly awful.
BowDowntoWashington
Deutsch;842120622 said:

Agree. I like San Francisco and I don't hate the Giants. The "beat LA" chants are pretty comical. Despite winning 2 WS in the past 3 years, an inferiority complex still exists amongst many Giants fans.
Cal_Fan2
Deutsch;842120630 said:

A little inquiry would distinguish common thugs (who appear at ucla games and rough up trojan eldery fans) from the average angelino. But if your aim is to stoke the rabid in SF, by all means go for it. My hero growing up was Juan Marichal...until he took a bat to someone...oh right, a Dodger.

LOL.....oh, the average fan. Though I'm an A's fan I was a rabid Giants fan before 1968 and unlike today, the players hated each other as much as the fans. The feud in those days was much worse from New York/Brooklyn to the late 50s when the moved. I remember sitting with adults drinking scotch and bourbon yelling every expletive at the Dodgers....oh, and if that darned Johnny Roseboro hadn't been throwing the ball near Marichal's head and nicking his ear on the return throw to Koufax when he was at bat, I'm sure peace and harmony would have prevailed.....:p Besides, who was the first person to rush to Roseboro's aid?....none other than Willie Mays I believe.

I do think I hear more stuff from Nor Cal people about So Cal, but I worked in L.A. for 5 years and entertained clients, and I heard of ton of hate about the Giants or Niners and their fans..(Rams were still in Anaheim at the time) It's not that it doesn't exist, I think you just hear it more up here.
Cal Panda Bear
Cal_Fan2;842120638 said:

LOL.....oh, the average fan. Though I'm an A's fan I was a rabid Giants fan before 1968 and unlike today, the players hated each other as much as the fans. The feud in those days was much worse from New York/Brooklyn to the late 50s when the moved. I remember sitting with adults drinking scotch and bourbon yelling every expletive at the Dodgers....oh, and if that darned Johnny Roseboro hadn't been throwing the ball near Marichal's head and nicking his ear on the return throw to Koufax when he was at bat, I'm sure peace and harmony would have prevailed.....:p Besides, who was the first person to rush to Roseboro's aid?....none other than Willie Mays I believe.

I do think I hear more stuff from Nor Cal people about So Cal, but I worked in L.A. for 5 years and entertained clients, and I heard of ton of hate about the Giants or Niners and their fans..(Rams were still in Anaheim at the time) It's not that it doesn't exist, I think you just hear it more up here.

You hear it more because we have more fans who bleed orange and black/red and gold/blue and gold. Not denyin there arent crazy LA fans but lets be real here - Bay Area fans are one of the best.
CalBear68
BowDowntoWashington;842120635 said:

Agree. I like San Francisco and I don't hate the Giants. The "beat LA" chants are pretty comical. Despite winning 2 WS in the past 3 years, an inferiority complex still exists amongst many Giants fans.

I don't think you're connecting the dots too well, here, bowwow. How does passion equate to a feeling of inferiority? You want Giants fans to be more blase, like Dodger fans, do you? No thanks.
JohnnyBlazeN
CalBear68;842120649 said:

I don't think you're connecting the dots too well, here, bowwow. How does passion equate to a feeling of inferiority? You want Giants fans to be more blase, like Dodger fans, do you? No thanks.

Exactly.

Excuse US for being the best baseball city in the western US. Inferiority complex is laughable, we're the big dog on the block, no matter how much cash doyers throw at it.

It's very 'LA Fanish' to be very passionate about your team when you are winning, but very 'wdwha' when you blow. LA would be singing a different tune if they were winning.
Cal Panda Bear
JohnnyBlazeN;842120668 said:

Exactly.

Excuse US for being the best baseball city in the western US. Inferiority complex is laughable, we're the big dog on the block, no matter how much cash doyers throw at it.

It's very 'LA Fanish' to be very passionate about your team when you are winning, but very 'wdwha' when you blow. LA would be singing a different tune if they were winning.

+1
sycasey
TiredBear;842120633 said:

The Dodgers are amazingly awful.

They've suffered a ton of injuries in the early part of this season (granted, given some of the players with injury histories or advancing age they signed, some of that was to be expected), so I'm not sure if they are actually going to be this awful all year long.

Even so, the sweep was awesome!
KoreAmBear
sycasey;842120671 said:

They've suffered a ton of injuries in the early part of this season (granted, given some of the players with injury histories or advancing age they signed, some of that was to be expected), so I'm not sure if they are actually going to be this awful all year long.

Injuries or no, I hate whatever it is this management is building. Not a big fan of Ned Flanders (ever since setting up Andruw Jones for life after he batted like .220 for the Braves the year before he signed him) and starting to not like the Guggenheim Group. Throwing money to whoever has the most expensive contract and who was good 5 years ago -- is not good management. I do like Donny Ballgame and he seems to have a lot of integrity and respects the game and his players, but he has not shown to be a brilliant manager or anything.
NYCGOBEARS
sycasey;842120671 said:

Well said. They haven't played anything close to their starting line up due to injury. They are still a dangerous team and when some of their guys heal up, they are capable of making a serious run. I'm not counting the Doyers out. Always respect your enemy. Much too early for that. The sweep was awesome.

As to the earlier posts about the fanbases - if you don't believe that real Dodgers fans have a healthy disdain and dislike of the Giants, you don't know much about this rivalry or baseball. Giants fans feel the same way. As much as I love to hate the Dodgers, I always maintain a healthy dose of respect for them and their fans. They deserve it and that's why they're a deserving rival. LA and SF are natural geographic and cultural rivals. The fact that they are both in California is one of the reasons that make the state so great.

Regarding inferiority complexes; San Francisco is the older, smarter, more beautiful sister to Los Angeles who went on to have greater wealth and fame. It is a slight case of inferiority on the part of SF but it is also astonishment, envy, competitiveness and sibling rivalry.
Unit2Sucks
NYCGOBEARS;842120688 said:

As to the earlier posts about the fanbases - if you don't believe that real Dodgers fans have a healthy disdain and dislike of the Giants, you don't know much about this rivalry or baseball.

I think some fans only care about a rivalry when they are on the winning side of it. Rather than root for a loser, there will always be some fans that attempt to go all stanfurd and say that the rivalry doesn't really matter anyway and has always been one-sided (in terms of fan interest, not competitiveness). The equivalent of taking your ball home because you know you can't win.

On a separate but somewhat related note due to the overlapping fanbase, will be interesting to see what happens with Lakers fans now that the team appears to be on the fast track out of perennial title contention. How many no shows were there for game 4? The league really screwed them by voiding the Chris Paul trade and as a result not sure how the Lakers will get out of their hole unless they can woo Lebron when his contract is up or figure out a way to draft another hall of famer.
2ndTrumpetBear
Cal_Fan2;842120627 said:

Too bad these guys didn't get the message before they beat the hell out of Bryan Stow.....

These thugs are not Dodger fans. Any true Angeleno would call them both scumbags who deserve to rot in hell.
B.A. Bearacus
Fight last night at AT&T:
http://sfist.com/2013/05/06/video_giants_and_dodgers_fans_fight.php

KoreAmBear
2ndTrumpetBear;842120776 said:

These thugs are not Dodger fans. Any true Angeleno would call them both scumbags who deserve to rot in hell.

Absolutely. This is not even about the Giants/LA. It's about how ugly humans have become in the name of sports fan hood. The fire was stoked by guys like Jim Rome who made being a fan an obligatory member of a team "nation", that you are soft if you don't show hostility to your opponents, and that being a gracious winner/loser is weakness. This is where classy guys like David Robinson are seen as wimpy and soft, whereas Dennis Rodman or World Peace are considered warriors. Of course anyone with a brain knows that this kind of stuff only goes so far and that it's fun and games. But when you have the idiot masses listening to this kind of provocation, this is what happens (and it's not peculiar to one team or a region).
TiredBear
I saw Dodger fans getting really rowdy and obnoxious last night. They were intentionally antagonizing the Giants fans. That's just stupid and low class.
DangerBear
BowDowntoWashington;842120635 said:

I imagine a similar sentiment would still exist for Seahawks fans if they won the NFC West 2 years out of 3.
GB54
A partisan fan base things opposing fans are classless. When has this ever happened before?
Cal_Fan2
oops....nm
Cal_Fan2

Well let's not rationalize too much. They more than likely ARE Dodger fans, just not typical Dodger fans and yes, they are scumbags. I suppose I have to explain that while this photo was hyperbolic to the extreme, the point was to rebut the poster who said that L.A. fans don't hate the Giants or San Francisco. That statement in and of itself is wrong and there are plenty of folks who do in fact hate the Giants and S.F. I just don't know the percentages but it is always said here that NorCal hates SoCal more than the other way around. I really don't know if that is true by only looking at online posters and talking to friends. I am not a Giants fan so I have no dog in that fight.....
YuSeeBerkeley
I like how all of a sudden, because the Giants won the last two out of three World Series, that Bay Area people are acting like it's Titletown, USA. Relax guy. The Warriors have a long way to go to catch up to the 16 titles held by the Lakers. The Dodgers will be back with new ownership. The NFL...well, at least we no longer have the Raiders.
ducky23
YuSeeBerkeley;842120811 said:

I like how all of a sudden, because the Giants won the last two out of three World Series, that Bay Area people are acting like it's Titletown, USA. Relax guy. The Warriors have a long way to go to catch up to the 16 titles held by the Lakers. The Dodgers will be back with new ownership. The NFL...well, at least we no longer have the Raiders.

The Bay Area is not what Boston was a few years back, but if you are talking about right now, no area comes close.

World Series. Super Bowl appearance. Warriors and sharks both in 2nd round. Even a's looking good.

C'mon name another area that can compete.
CalBear68

Why, then, are they wearing Dodger blue?
First Page Last Page
Page 14 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.