Hey Dodgers Fans

983,144 Views | 5496 Replies | Last: 3 days ago by MiZery
TheSouseFamily
How long do you want to ignore this user?
SiniCal;842156742 said:

this is officially the most replied to thread evah on cybers, whether ontopic (nope) or off. with #931 posts y'all are way waay ahead even to the #885 2011 Bears-Huskies riot.

this is not a compliment.

signed, your cyber mom.

Don't worry. The Albany Bowl thread is catching up quickly and should overtake this one by Sunday.
GB54
TheSouseFamily;842156738 said:

Not the Bulldog but I've had a 8 1/2 x 11 of Steve Garvey in my pocket for about 30 years.

Is that a Steve Garvey in your pocket or are you just happy to see me, handsome?
SoCalBear323
Vin Scully is coming back for the back to back, bitches.
CalBear68
SoCalBear323;842157471 said:

Are there woofing gods in baseball? Better hope not.
TheSouseFamily
CalBear68;842157475 said:

Are there woofing gods in baseball? Better hope not.

If I could choose between a World Series title or getting Vin back for another year, I'd choose the latter. And believe me, I reeeaaaalllly want a World Series title.
GMP
SoCalBear323;842157471 said:

I do hope he's back. I don't hope the Dodgers win the NL West, again, in 2014.
86Oski
TheSouseFamily;842157477 said:

If I could choose between a World Series title or getting Vin back for another year, I'd choose the latter. And believe me, I reeeaaaalllly want a World Series title.

Preferring Vin's return for another year to a Dodgers' World Series title? Finally, we've found something on which Dodger fans and Giant fans can agree!
KoreAmBear
86Oski;842157695 said:

Preferring Vin's return for another year to a Dodgers' World Series title? Finally, we've found something on which Dodger fans and Giant fans can agree!

@86Oski you bastid! However, you are on to something.
GB54
Scully's 85. He should quit.
beelzebear
Just announced, Vin Scully will be back in 2014! Great news!

Vin wants to go out a winner. Few things better than Vin calling the WS for your Los Angeles Dodgers!
GRRAAH
Giants officially ELIMINATED on a night Juan Uribe's first three AB were home runs.

GO BLUE!!:bluecarrot:
KoreAmBear
Wow that's pretty early to be eliminated!
SoCalBear323
This thread had a reverse effect just like the "sanctions are cool, they help recruiting" Trojan thread.

Bwahaha.
KoreAmBear
SoCalBear323;842172953 said:

This thread had a reverse effect just like the "sanctions are cool, they help recruiting" Trojan thread.

Bwahaha.

Somehow I think both sides are going to keep this thread alive until we make a Rose Bowl. In other words, during the ups and downs of franchises for potentially decades. We should make that deal: kill this thread the moment we clinch a RB spot.
sycasey
SoCalBear323;842172953 said:

Bwahaha.

Well, the Giants did win a World Series in the time span of this thread, so if anything it's worked out for both teams.
GB54
Dodgers being World Series runner up will give this thread another year at least
GinFizzBear
GRRAAH;842172778 said:

Giants officially ELIMINATED on a night Juan Uribe's first three AB were home runs.

GO BLUE!!:bluecarrot:

They're still eligible for the wild card, for the moment. so don't forget to pour out a second beer when elimination day II rolls around.

I salute the baseball fans on this site, who have an impressive ability to dig this thread up.
NYCGOBEARS
I celebrated the WS and now I'll take my lumps. Congrats Doyers. Enjoy the ride. I hope that it's a short disappointing one. Sour grapes? You betcha!...
sycasey
NYCGOBEARS;842173225 said:

I celebrated the WS and now I'll take my lumps. Congrats Doyers. Enjoy the ride. I hope that it's a short disappointing one. Sour grapes? You betcha!...

Technically they haven't made the playoffs yet. I congratulate nothing!
beelzebear

The fat man is getting ready to sing!
NYCGOBEARS
beelzebear;842173240 said:

The fat man is getting ready to sing!

Must be Hip Hop cuz he swears more than Too $hort.
heartofthebear
KoreAmBear;842172955 said:

Somehow I think both sides are going to keep this thread alive until we make a Rose Bowl. In other words, during the ups and downs of franchises for potentially decades. We should make that deal: kill this thread the moment we clinch a RB spot.

After the holocaust 3 things will remain
1)radiation
2)cockroaches
3)this f**kin' thread
GinFizzBear
OK haters, I am calling my shot. Dodgers, 2013 World Series Champions. Head to Vegas. You can thank me later.
GB54
GinFizzBear;842173530 said:

OK haters, I am calling my shot. Dodgers, 2013 World Series Champions. Head to Vegas. You can thank me later.

Now we know the thread has a life until October
KoreAmBear
GB54;842173539 said:

Now we know the thread has a life until October

This thread is going to be alive and well, when we are pushing daisies, my friend.
GB54
I just realized that Kansas City is only three games back in the AL wild card. They should handle the Dodgers easily.
chazzed
Wilson gets the W as LA takes game one of the series. Also noteworthy was the crowd of 53,393 (the largest paid attendance in the majors this season).
2ndTrumpetBear
chazzed;842174620 said:

Wilson gets the W as LA takes game one of the series. Also noteworthy was the crowd of 53,393 (the largest paid attendance in the majors this season).

KoreAmBear
Hey guys, this is why Cal must qualify for the Rose Bowl after this season. Vinny is going to be the grand marshal. Now this thread is officially not OT. :P

GB54
Vin started with the Dodgers in 1950. Cal was in
the RB in 1950.
KoreAmBear
GB54;842174874 said:

Vin started with the Dodgers in 1950. Cal was in
the RB in 1950.

MisterNoodle
So I'm looking at the MLB standings for probably the first time this year. I feel like Tom Hanks, shipwrecked on a deserted island for 10 years, coming back to the "real" world. WTH happened? Giants are 17 games out! And the OAKLAND ATHLETICS are pretty much in the playoffs!

2013 Payrolls:
Giants: $142 million
A's: $68 million

I hated the A's growing up but I love it when **** like this happens! Go Money Ball!
NYCGOBEARS
MisterNoodle;842179440 said:

So I'm looking at the MLB standings for probably the first time this year. I feel like Tom Hanks, shipwrecked on a deserted island for 10 years, coming back to the "real" world. WTH happened? Giants are 17 games out! And the OAKLAND ATHLETICS are pretty much in the playoffs!

2013 Payrolls:
Giants: $142 million
A's: $68 million

I hated the A's growing up but I love it when **** like this happens! Go Money Ball!

Meh, bandwagon fan...
MisterNoodle
NYCGOBEARS;842179441 said:

Meh, bandwagon fan...

Can't help it! Delicious irony. $142 million!
NYCGOBEARS
MisterNoodle;842179580 said:

Can't help it! Delicious irony. $142 million!

World Series champs two of the last three years. Money well spent.
First Page Last Page
Page 27 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.