Hey Dodgers Fans

494,895 Views | 4344 Replies | Last: 4 days ago by Beardog26
71Bear
How long do you want to ignore this user?
oski003 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/8271981/melky-cabrera-san-francisco-giants-suspended-50-games

I guess Cabrera was using other steroids, not HGH!
So, back to my point. Your assertion that a "few" Giants used HGH is untrue. Only one guy did so...

TheSouseFamily
From Pantone 294, the massive fan organization that you can hear (loudly) at every road game. But, at the risk of getting pwn'd again by sycasey, I'd stipulate that I'm sure there are some members who disagree with the official position.

It's like saying "everyone thought Paul Blart: Mall Cop 2 sucked". When, of course, there are probably a few people who enjoyed it.

oski003
71Bear said:

oski003 said:

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/8271981/melky-cabrera-san-francisco-giants-suspended-50-games

I guess Cabrera was using other steroids, not HGH!
So, back to my point. Your assertion that a "few" Giants used HGH is untrue. Only one guy did so...

Edited to "HGH or Steroids." Thank you for your hard work; it gave me a chuckle.
tequila4kapp
Beardog26 said:

I agree with that, there should be a fairly large punishment heaped on the Astros (and probably also the Red Sox). However, the LA City Council is crazy to petition for the 2017 and 2018 WS titles to be retroactively awarded to the Dodgers. They didn't earn such titles, and shouldn't be given them.

Same as Reggie Bush having his Heisman trophy subsequently taken away. Doesn't mean the second place finisher should be retroactively awarded the trophy for that year.

The whole mess stinks. They have so-called "unwritten rules" not to steal a base, or swing on 3-0 counts, when up by however many runs, or to avoid bat-flips after home runs, but hey, let's use modern technology to steal the other team's signs and communicate that to teammates during in-game at-bats. Gives baseball a black eye, IMO.
But this wasn't unwritten. The commissioner sent a memo explicitly saying use of electronics was forbidden for stealing signed, etc.

Dodger fan here. I am pissed about this. Astros got a slap on the wrist. They should have been stripped of the title. Dodgers should not be given the WS title. That's silly, IMO.
Beardog26
I wasn't trying to conflate the two. I freely acknowledge the distinction you have made, and was only pointing out the hypocrisy of all of baseball's sanctimonious "unwritten rules" when many of the players, managers and such seem given to violating some of the most written-in-stone rules.

Like you, I think it is silly to even consider retroactively granting the-runner up a World Series title. Like someone else in this thread mentioned, it could just as easily be given to the American League teams the Astros (2017) and Red Sox (2018) beat in the playoffs. I think we're on the same page.

Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.