Hey Dodgers Fans

1,000,309 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Big C
chazzed
How long do you want to ignore this user?
Well played.
sycasey
KoreAmBear;841906701 said:

Moral of the story. No need to be so cocky during the mid-point of the season. Both teams are going to be up and down. I would love a contested playoff run by both teams to make it interesting.

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, the 3-shutout sweep will still stand.
KoreAmBear
sycasey;841906781 said:

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, the 3-shutout sweep will still stand.

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, Panda is fat.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841906813 said:

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, Panda is fat.

Panda's tend to be chubby..,
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;841906851 said:

Panda's tend to be chubby..,

How about we go with Gabriel Iglesia's term for himself: "fluffy".

NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841906853 said:

How about we go with Gabriel Iglesia's term for himself: "fluffy".

Hahaha. But can he bat .300?
Adrian The Cal Bear
sycasey;841906781 said:

Regardless of what happens for the rest of the season, [SIZE="7"]the 3-shutout sweep will still stand[/SIZE].

Wow Dodger fans are hilarious! Bragging about being 1.5 games (about to be .5) ahead of us? We still completely dominated your sorry team last series.
liverflukes
F*ck the Giants! That is all...

GO BEARS!
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841906914 said:

F*ck the Giants! That is all...

GO BEARS!

F*ck the Dodgers! That is all...
liverflukes
NYCGOBEARS;841906924 said:

F*ck the Dodgers! That is all...

F*ck NYC too :p
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841906929 said:

F*ck NYC too :p

Lol. It's late and I have a buzz. Parroting is the best that I can do. F*ck LA!
NYCGOBEARS
Go Bears!
liverflukes
NYCGOBEARS;841906930 said:

Lol. It's late and I have a buzz. Parroting is the best that I can do. F*ck LA!

You and me both bro. I'm down. Go Beers and Vodka and Tequila.
NYCGOBEARS
liverflukes;841906933 said:

You and me both bro. I'm down. Go Beers and Vodka and Tequila.

Always liked your posts. Go Bears and whiskey and beers!
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841906909 said:

Wow Dodger fans are hilarious! Bragging about being 1.5 games (about to be .5) ahead of us? We still completely dominated your sorry team last series.

Last week I would have thought the way you were gloating the Giants had won the 2012 World Series. Oh wait it's kind of like Tedford saying we won the first half. Now I get where you're coming from, no doubt about it. Good job and remember who started this obnoxious thread.
Adrian The Cal Bear
KoreAmBear;841906955 said:

Last week I would have thought the way you were gloating the Giants had won the 2012 World Series. Oh wait it's kind of like Tedford saying we won the first half. Now I get where you're coming from, no doubt about it. Good job and remember who started this obnoxious thread.

I didnt gloat about the Giants being the BEST team in MLB. I gloated about how the Giants DOMINATED your team. Big difference...

Hey if the Dodgers were 8 games behind the Giants, managed to catch up to 3 games behind, and then swept the Giants by shutting them out - you can totally brag it in my face.

:acclaim:
KoreAmBear
Adrian The Cal Bear;841907027 said:

I didnt gloat about the Giants being the BEST team in MLB. I gloated about how the Giants DOMINATED your team. Big difference...

Hey if the Dodgers were 8 games behind the Giants, managed to catch up to 3 games behind, and then swept the Giants by shutting them out - you can totally brag it in my face.

:acclaim:

Gloating is not healthy; you should know that as a Cal fan (invokes too much karma), haha. Enough Gigantes-Doyers on this board. Time to switch to football which is only a month away from fall ball (whoo hoo). Go Bears!
edg64
Neither team wants to be in first place.
BowDowntoWashington
The Diamondbacks have the most talent in the division. Don't know why they are underachieving so much. Pretty hilarious that they're talking about shopping Justin Upton. That would be an unbelievably stupid thing to do.
NYCGOBEARS
cal4life;841907091 said:

Spoken like a Cal fan.

Actually I'll take the division and standings, you can have the 3 game shutout sweep in June.

By the way, I hope you Gnats fans realize the Dodgers will get Kemp and Ethier back post all star break, make moves at the trade deadline (because they're no longer owned by Frank McCourt) and then go hard after Cole Hamels and Josh Hamilton this winter (again, because they're not owned by Frank McCourt). Good luck.

I bet you were all set on us having a top 5 class last year and a RB this year? Don't start counting your chickens just yet...
Unit2Sucks
cal4life;841907091 said:

Spoken like a Cal fan.

Actually I'll take the division and standings, you can have the 3 game shutout sweep in June.

By the way, I hope you Gnats fans realize the Dodgers will get Kemp and Ethier back post all star break, make moves at the trade deadline (because they're no longer owned by Frank McCourt) and then go hard after Cole Hamels and Josh Hamilton this winter (again, because they're not owned by Frank McCourt). Good luck.

You sound like a Yankees fan - except they've actually won some rings in the last 20 years. At least you are honest enough to admit to pursuing a mercenary approach to winning. I hope for the sake of Dodgers' fans (and the ultimate beneficiaries of the funds) that there wasn't any insurance fraud in the $2B acquisition.
SoCalBear323
Is there any other professional team sport where people get over who won the championship the year before so quickly? A couple years out and it's completely irrelevant.

It feels like winning a championship in MLB has an incredibly short shelf life for satisfaction and clout.

I never hear ESPN saying, "gotta watch out for the defending champs." It seems like every team outside of the Yankees and Red Sox lacks continuity.

But what do I know? I don't really like baseball.
JollyBear
FingeroftheBear;841907357 said:

Poor Tiny Tim...3-10 and sinking fast. Dodgers ahead at the AS break.

And all he has to show for his pitiful career so far are two Cy Young Awards and a World Series Ring. Poor, poor Timmy!
sycasey
SoCalBear323;841907660 said:

Is there any other professional team sport where people get over who won the championship the year before so quickly? A couple years out and it's completely irrelevant.

It feels like winning a championship in MLB has an incredibly short shelf life for satisfaction and clout.

I never hear ESPN saying, "gotta watch out for the defending champs." It seems like every team outside of the Yankees and Red Sox lacks continuity.

But what do I know? I don't really like baseball.

I think this is because MLB is becoming a lot more local, whereas some other leagues like the NFL and NBA are more of a "national" attraction. What I mean is that people still go to MLB games, but they mostly just care about their own team. Once their own team is out of it, they're not that interested in who wins the World Series. Therefore by the time the next year rolls around, most have already forgotten who won it last year.

Not so for the NFL -- everyone is still interested in who wins the Super Bowl. Everyone watches. The NBA is similar, though I think it's a bit more related to individual personalities (i.e. people remember LeBron James winning a title more so than the Heat).
SoCalBear323
sycasey;841907835 said:

I think this is because MLB is becoming a lot more local, whereas some other leagues like the NFL and NBA are more of a "national" attraction. What I mean is that people still go to MLB games, but they mostly just care about their own team. Once their own team is out of it, they're not that interested in who wins the World Series. Therefore by the time the next year rolls around, most have already forgotten who won it last year.

Not so for the NFL -- everyone is still interested in who wins the Super Bowl. Everyone watches. The NBA is similar, though I think it's a bit more related to individual personalities (i.e. people remember LeBron James winning a title more so than the Heat).

That sounds like a pretty good reason.
NYCGOBEARS
How about those Giants at the All Star Game. Panda, Melky and Cain went off! MVP and winning pitcher plus a bases clearing triple. Awesome!!!
glb78
NYCGOBEARS;841908223 said:

How about those Giants at the All Star Game. Panda, Melky and Cain went off! MVP and winning pitcher plus a bases clearing triple. Awesome!!!

That was a Giant all star game. Kemp even said as much. :beer:

Go Giants! :gobears:
BowDowntoWashington
Dodgers playing the Giants this weekend.

The Dodgers just got Hanley Ramirez and gave up very little in order to acquire him. This new ownership group is committed to building a dynasty. Definitely expecting the Dodgers to at least add a starting pitcher and possibly another bat.
NYCGOBEARS
I'm looking forward to a very entertaining series.
JollyBear
FingeroftheBear;841914608 said:

At least Kemp is back. That gives the boys in Blue a chance.

p.s. poor tiny tim, fell down again...

Kinda like how the Dodgers have fallen down three times in a row in St. Louis?
chazzed
Dodgers draw first blood tonight. Beating Cain was an unexpected boost, I'd hazard.
NYCGOBEARS
Good game. Disappointing result... for Giants fans
KoreAmBear
NYCGOBEARS;841915240 said:

Good game. Disappointing result... for Giants fans

Belisario unraveled all the hard work Fife put together tonight. Not very comfortable when that guy is in the game. Good comeback by the Gigantes. I have to say, Ethier definitely was rung up. Seems like every time something like that happens, the next guy takes advantage. Dodgers were getting bad calls on balls and strikes all series v. STL. Usually evens out. Should be a fun next two games but still a lot of baseball left.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;841915242 said:

Belisario unraveled all the hard work Fife put together tonight. Not very comfortable when that guy is in the game. Good comeback by the Gigantes. I have to say, Ethier definitely was rung up. Seems like every time something like that happens, the next guy takes advantage. Dodgers were getting bad calls on balls and strikes all series v. STL. Usually evens out. Should be a fun next two games but still a lot of baseball left.

KAB. This is what sports is all about. I love Gigantes vs Doyers.
chazzed
Definitely a lot of baseball left.
First Page Last Page
Page 4 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.