Hey Dodgers Fans

1,000,494 Views | 5504 Replies | Last: 19 days ago by Big C
NYCGOBEARS
How long do you want to ignore this user?
YuSeeBerkeley;842732366 said:

Go punch yourself in the eye again. Maybe you'll see better and actually read what I wrote. I certainly wasn't crying racism. I don't know MadBum. All I said was that he's got anger management issues, which how can anyone deny at this point? I then said that his hostility toward Puig hints at racism. I said this based on what I have observed, and in doing just a little bit of basic Google searches, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/the-benches-cleared-in-fridays-giants-rangers-game/

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/madison-bumgarner-isnt-racist-hes-a-control-freak/

I'm not saying MadBum is a Trump supporter picketing at All Lives Matter rallies. To the extent race plays a part in his hatred towards Puig, it's definitely subtle. Kind of like how some on this board just can't seem to tolerate flamboyant former black players like DeSean but applaud the Discount Double checking Aaron Rodgers. All I'm saying is that MadBum has issues, and it might not be as black and white as people here make it out to be, that he's some baseball purist that can't stand guys that dishonor the good game. There's probably something deeper going on with him.

Oh good lawd... NM
bonsallbear
grandmastapoop;842732354 said:

Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. As you and others note, his own teammates can't stand him.

Please identify those on the team that can't stand him.
NYCGOBEARS
bonsallbear;842732374 said:

Dave Roberts.
Beardog26
NYCGOBEARS;842732377 said:

Dave Roberts.

It was reported during the last offseason, and widely discussed in the public at the time, that teammate Scott Van Slyke's father told a reporter that Kershaw disliked Puig and his (what I read to mean) distracting, undisciplined and selfish attitude. During spring training, the issue came up again. All parties said it was unfortunate, and publicly kept the appearance of a cohesive clubhouse. However, Kershaw never disputed the report nor did he withdraw any such claim, saying only that Puig was working hard at such later time.

It was pretty clear then that Kershaw was not real fond of Puig as a teammate, which makes his defense of Puig regarding last night's incident that much more evidence of Bumgarner being the initiator.
NYCGOBEARS
Beardog26;842732386 said:

It was reported during the last offseason, and widely discussed in the public at the time, that teammate Scott Van Slyke's father told a reporter that Kershaw disliked Puig and his (what I read to mean) distracting, undisciplined and selfish attitude. During spring training, the issue came up again. All parties said it was unfortunate, and publicly kept the appearance of a cohesive clubhouse. However, Kershaw never disputed the report nor did he withdraw any such claim, saying only that Puig was working hard at such later time.

It was pretty clear then that Kershaw was not real fond of Puig as a teammate, which makes his defense of Puig regarding last night's incident that much more evidence of Bumgarner being the initiator.

Mad Bum was in the wrong. No doubt whatsoever. He hurt his team. He'd already won the battle against Puig and should have just walked off the field.
ducky23

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-yasiel-puig-worst-person-report-adrian-gonzalez-aj-ellis-clayton-kershaw-zack-greinke-121015.amp.html?client=safari

A former teammate described him as "the worst person ive ever seen in this game. Ever.

Same report says kershaw wanted him traded and that he was at least part of the reason greinke left.

And within that context, an individual on this board thinks that rather than puig just being an a$$, its madbum being a racist.
Beardog26
NYCGOBEARS;842732390 said:

Mad Bum was in the wrong. No doubt whatsoever. He hurt his team. He'd already won the battle against Puig and should have just walked off the field.

And then intimidated and lied to the media trying to ask him questions about a situation he started. You know, doing their job. Bad look from a great pitcher.
NYCGOBEARS
Beardog26;842732393 said:

And then intimidated and lied to the media trying to ask him questions about a situation he started. You know, doing their job. Bad look from a great pitcher.

I actually like my ace to be intimidating. :p
KoreAmBear
ducky23;842732391 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.foxsports.com/mlb/story/los-angeles-dodgers-yasiel-puig-worst-person-report-adrian-gonzalez-aj-ellis-clayton-kershaw-zack-greinke-121015.amp.html?client=safari

A former teammate described him as "the worst person ive ever seen in this game. Ever.

Same report says kershaw wanted him traded and that he was at least part of the reason greinke left.

And within that context, an individual on this board thinks that rather than puig just being an a$$, its madbum being a racist.

This is all a smokescreen and irrelevant. Puig was on the verge of being traded for basically a song. But he played well in triple A and then came back with a more humble, diligent attitude. So this last chance version of Puig has done well. The issue is not Puig here. The issue is MadBum. The whole world knew last night that he needed to finish the game. And he was cruising, and the Dodgers were nowhere near touching him. But he decided he would pick a fight with Puig for some reason, when Puig didn't do anything but look at him. MadBum could have shook his head and just headed to the dugout. No, just when the Giants needed him most, he decided that a look of perceived disrespect (borderline to begin with even in the world of baseball's stupid unwritten rules) was more important than his team's chances to win the game. The Giants could have been 4 back, 1 up on the Cards, and in great shape to cut it to 3 or 2. Now the best they can do is get it back to 4 even with 2 wins.
heartofthebear
NYCGOBEARS;842732403 said:

I actually like my ace to be intimidating. :p

They don't call him Mad Baum for nothin'
GMP
Beardog26;842732361 said:

Dude - chill with your hatred of all things/people Dodgers. One (1) person (not all Dodgers fans) made such a comment. At least two disagreed. I grew up in LA, remain a Dodgers fan, and noted by disagreement with that position. I think it fair to judge the situation and people involved based on the facts of each situation. I happen to dislike Puig and admire Bumgarner (until last night, where his game was outstanding and personal actions deplorable). It has nothing to do with where I grew up or the team for which I root.

You, on the other hand, have on multiple occasions in this thread called Dodgers fans "classless" (for things such as bumping this thread when the Dodgers have won games or gained ground in the NL West, an action also taken by several Giants fans at various stages in the same thread) and now "pathetic." Your hatred of "Dodger fans" is palpable, and frankly just as pathetic.

My post was not clear - I was not trying to paint all Dodger fans with that brush. And it was not limited to the one post in this thread. There were and have in the past been MANY Dodger fans on Twitter calling Bumgarner racist for his beef with Puig. I think that's pathetic. My comments, again unclear, were not about most in this thread, and certainly not about all Dodger fans, many of whom I respect as people.

But, and this has also obviously not been clear - many of my posts, for example calling Dodger fans "classless" for bumping this thread when things are going well for the Dodgers, have been my attempts to make a joke. Here was the most recent: "Leave it to a Dodger fan to use something someone said in this thread against them. No class, I tells ya. No class. And we're all Bears, by gosh. Whatever happened to kumbaya and all that." I thought it was clear I was kidding.

I've bumped this thread myself when things go well for the Giants. My attempts at humor have fallen flat, at least for you. No disrespect intended.
heartofthebear
KoreAmBear;842732409 said:

This is all a smokescreen and irrelevant. Puig was on the verge of being traded for basically a song. But he played well in triple A and then came back with a more humble, diligent attitude. So this last chance version of Puig has done well. The issue is not Puig here. The issue is MadBum. The whole world knew last night that he needed to finish the game. And he was cruising, and the Dodgers were nowhere near touching him. But he decided he would pick a fight with Puig for some reason, when Puig didn't do anything but look at him. MadBum could have shook his head and just headed to the dugout. No, just when the Giants needed him most, he decided that a look of perceived disrespect (borderline to begin with even in the world of baseball's stupid unwritten rules) was more important than his team's chances to win the game. The Giants could have been 4 back, 1 up on the Cards, and in great shape to cut it to 3 or 2. Now the best they can do is get it back to 4 even with 2 wins.

It might have been more effective had he picked a fight with his own bullpen.
GRRAAH

And the wreckage...courtesy of Keith Hernandez and Ron Darling on Mets TV tonight...includes:

Bumgummer has 7 no decisions when leaving with a lead.

The Giants would be first team ever to have the best record before the break and worst record after.

Only 4 teams have ever blown 5 ninth inning leads in the same calendar month!
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842732366 said:

Go punch yourself in the eye again. Maybe you'll see better and actually read what I wrote. I certainly wasn't crying racism. I don't know MadBum. All I said was that he's got anger management issues, which how can anyone deny at this point? I then said that his hostility toward Puig hints at racism. I said this based on what I have observed, and in doing just a little bit of basic Google searches, it seems I'm not the only one who feels this way.

http://mlb.nbcsports.com/2015/07/31/the-benches-cleared-in-fridays-giants-rangers-game/

http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/madison-bumgarner-isnt-racist-hes-a-control-freak/

I'm not saying MadBum is a Trump supporter picketing at All Lives Matter rallies. To the extent race plays a part in his hatred towards Puig, it's definitely subtle. Kind of like how some on this board just can't seem to tolerate flamboyant former black players like DeSean but applaud the Discount Double checking Aaron Rodgers. All I'm saying is that MadBum has issues, and it might not be as black and white as people here make it out to be, that he's some baseball purist that can't stand guys that dishonor the good game. There's probably something deeper going on with him.

I know you're not the first to suggest racism involved with Bumgarner/Puig. The truth is MadBum is what's known as a red a-s. He is intense on the mound. He gets bothered by lots of people, of all colors and races. I know because I watch just about every one of his starts. If he was on another team, I might think he's a d-ck. I dunno, though, because I also like Puig. And I've rooted for guys like Ron Artest. And Boogie Cousins. And on and on, guys who others have called "problems" or "malcontents", etc. . In other words, you're barking up the wrong tree. I just think it's very irresponsible to throw out an accusation of racism, and no matter how you want to hide behind your language, that's what you did, when you don't know the man. Frankly, it strikes me as prejudicial - he's from the country and speaks with a twang and you see him made at Puig and you think, "that hints of racism".
bonsallbear
grandmastapoop;842732411 said:

My post was not clear - I was not trying to paint all Dodger fans with that brush. And it was not limited to the one post in this thread. There were and have in the past been MANY Dodger fans on Twitter calling Bumgarner racist for his beef with Puig. I think that's pathetic. My comments, again unclear, were not about most in this thread, and certainly not about all Dodger fans, many of whom I respect as people.

But, and this has also obviously not been clear - many of my posts, for example calling Dodger fans "classless" for bumping this thread when things are going well for the Dodgers, have been my attempts to make a joke. Here was the most recent: "Leave it to a Dodger fan to use something someone said in this thread against them. No class, I tells ya. No class. And we're all Bears, by gosh. Whatever happened to kumbaya and all that." I thought it was clear I was kidding.

I've bumped this thread myself when things go well for the Giants. My attempts at humor have fallen flat, at least for you. No disrespect intended.

Your response was to my comment. And your attempt at humor was taken as such. But i still take exception to your broad brush stroke regarding teammates n not being able to standPuig. It was a little over the top. Unlike you.
ducky23

Koreambear,

I dont think a single giants fan has said that bumgarner is in the right here, and im certainly not one of them.

However, one poster implied he was racist. Another poster asked to name one dodger player who has a problem with puig.

As to those two points (and only those two points) its completely relevant to show evidence that both kershaw and greinke (the dodgers two best players last year) do not like puig.
bonsallbear
ducky23;842732440 said:

Koreambear,

I dont think a single giants fan has said that bumgarner is in the right here, and im certainly not one of them.

However, one poster implied he was racist. Another poster asked to name one dodger player who has a problem with puig.

As to those two points (and only those two points) its completely relevant to show evidence that both kershaw and greinke (the dodgers two best players last year) do not like puig.

Please reread my post
ducky23

says who?

The polls

Which ones?

All of them
heartofthebear
Uh oh, Giants up by 1 as it gets to the later innings.
Run for the hills!
OH THE HORROR THE HORROR
GMP
heartofthebear;842732482 said:

Uh oh, Giants up by 1 as it gets to the later innings.
Run for the hills!
OH THE HORROR THE HORROR

[video][/video]
YuSeeBerkeley
ducky23;842732391 said:

The lack of logical reasoning abilities on this board is astounding. So Puig purportedly being a bad teammate, not taking things seriously, and being tardy was why Bumgarner had a problem with him and plunked him in the past? MadBum was just showing tough love to Puig so that he'll be a better teammate for the Dodgers, right? Get real. Any reported problems former Dodgers had with Puig have zero to do with MadBum's issues. Zero.
sycasey
YuSeeBerkeley;842732485 said:

The lack of logical reasoning abilities on this board is astounding. So Puig purportedly being a bad teammate, not taking things seriously, and being tardy was why Bumgarner had a problem with him and plunked him in the past? MadBum was just showing tough love to Puig so that he'll be a better teammate for the Dodgers, right? Get real. Any reported problems former Dodgers had with Puig have zero to do with MadBum's issues. Zero.

Dodger fans' ability to follow an argument has not been great so far.
YuSeeBerkeley
ducky23;842732463 said:

says who?

The polls

Which ones?

All of them

I really find this funny coming from a bunch of people who grew up worshiping Barry Bonds.
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842732485 said:

That's some incredible denial. Yes, when your teammates hate you it's possible that other people will dislike you, too. Often for similar personality traits. The bigger logical stretch is claiming a hint of racism simply because one guy is white and other guy is not.
YuSeeBerkeley
grandmastapoop;842732490 said:

That's some incredible denial. Yes, when your teammates hate you it's possible that other people will dislike you, too. Often for similar personality traits. The bigger logical stretch is claiming a hint of racism simply because one guy is white and other guy is not.

And Puig is the only one that rubs MadBum the wrong way, right? He gets along just fine with everyone else, and the list of dustups he's had with other non-white players was just made up, right? Who's the one in denial? Keep blaming the recipient of unwarranted hatred.
GMP
YuSeeBerkeley;842732496 said:

And Puig is the only one that rubs MadBum the wrong way, right? He gets along just fine with everyone else, and the list of dustups he's had with other non-white players was just made up, right? Who's the one in denial? Keep blaming the recipient of unwarranted hatred.

Your reading comprehension, or your memory, is poor. Earlier today I said:

"I know you're not the first to suggest racism involved with Bumgarner/Puig. The truth is MadBum is what's known as a red a-s. He is intense on the mound. He gets bothered by lots of people, of all colors and races. I know because I watch just about every one of his starts. If he was on another team, I might think he's a d-ck. I dunno, though, because I also like Puig. And I've rooted for guys like Ron Artest. And Boogie Cousins. And on and on, guys who others have called "problems" or "malcontents", etc. . In other words, you're barking up the wrong tree. I just think it's very irresponsible to throw out an accusation of racism, and no matter how you want to hide behind your language, that's what you did, when you don't know the man. Frankly, it strikes me as prejudicial - he's from the country and speaks with a twang and you see him made at Puig and you think, "that hints of racism"."

But I like that I've forced you into a corner where, after initially backing off your racism accusations, you have now doubled down. That means I'm winning, and you're losing your temper.
ducky23
YuSeeBerkeley;842732496 said:

Troy tulowitzki, todd frazier, ian kinsler and wil myers are all white.
rathokan
heh, Greinke threw Puig's bags off the bus... dunno about Kershaw... haven't finished reading "The Best Team Money Can Buy"

Mad Bum's obsession w/ Puig is interesting. You have one guy taking things super seriously, and one guy who seemingly doesn't take anything seriously. Puig's tweet today and the t-shirts w/ #DontLookAtMe were hilarious.

OK, Dodgers batting in the bottom of the 9th down 0-2 now... time to start paying attention.
bonsallbear
rathokan;842732508 said:

heh, Greinke threw Puig's bags off the bus... dunno about Kershaw... haven't finished reading "The Best Team Money Can Buy"

Mad Bum's obsession w/ Puig is interesting. You have one guy taking things super seriously, and one guy who seemingly doesn't take anything seriously. Puig's tweet today and the t-shirts w/ #DontLookAtMe were hilarious.

OK, Dodgers batting in the bottom of the 9th down 0-2 now... time to start paying attention.

Actually his bag was off the bus and he was trying to find something in it. Grienke threw the bag into the street.
sycasey
rathokan;842732508 said:

I couldn't believe it, an uneventful 9th inning. I'd forgotten what those were like.
philbert
Madbum gets into it with any opposing player that he thinks disrespects him. He got into it with some rookie from the Rockies earlier this season whose name I don't remember. He was a white guy, though. Madbum is definitely equal opportunity about this. Because he and Puig have had issues in the past (probably for a bat flip), any little thing was going to set him off.
KoreAmBear
philbert;842732676 said:

Madbum gets into it with any opposing player that he thinks disrespects him. He got into it with some rookie from the Rockies earlier this season whose name I don't remember. He was a white guy, though. Madbum is definitely equal opportunity about this. Because he and Puig have had issues in the past (probably for a bat flip), any little thing was going to set him off.

MadBum got visibly mad at Nunez the last time the Giants visited Dodger Stadium because Nunez didn't charge a slow grounder and the batter was safe. So yah, I think there's no discrimination or even split by team, I think it's just a general anger management issue. Peavy does that too with his own teammates.
NYCGOBEARS
KoreAmBear;842732702 said:

MadBum got visibly mad at Nunez the last time the Giants visited Dodger Stadium because Nunez didn't charge a slow grounder and the batter was safe. So yah, I think there's no discrimination or even split by team, I think it's just a general anger management issue. Peavy does that too with his own teammates.

Mad Bum will be praised for this once he retires. Think- Bob Gibson.
YuSeeBerkeley
KoreAmBear;842732702 said:

Ok, you guys have convinced me. MadBum is not a racist, just an a$$hole.
Yogi1
grandmastapoop;842732354 said:

Dodger fans crying racism are pathetic. As you and others note, his own teammates can't stand him.

Beardog26;842732261 said:

Other than Bum being a country boy from North Carolina, I doubt the enmity between them has anything to do with racism.

Bolded to help you with your reading comprehension
First Page Last Page
Page 77 of 158

subscribe Verify your student status
See Subscription Benefits
Trial only available to users who have never subscribed or participated in a previous trial.